Nioh 2 - Modding Thread and Discussion -

there is something very strange with hornes:

when i try to find correct value for vertex buffer i found one that makes horns "empty":

normal hornes:

image.png.15ea0fd033cafc29b4e08112d3cba380.png

"empty" hornes:

image.png.7383cc33b478565f4977a57a46cce369.png

and after adding first entry to make empty ones i try to find second texture and it's the same that first:

what i added:

[TextureOverrideNoHornes1]
hash = 1ea23eea
handling = skip

and with this partial mod on hunter show me that second texture is 1ea23eea too. Is there any way to skip texture twice?

For some reason, only about half of the mods posted here work for me. The Sohaya garb cape remover, ferryman's cape remover, lone wolf pelt remover, and the two that came with the mod enabler work, but ones such as the Kawanami shell remover, shinobi leggings, and the three Yokai clothing replacers don't work.

I've put the files in the proper location with a proper file structure of folder/ini but results vary between whether they will work or not. Any idea as to why this might be? I'm running version 1.25.1 on a North American steam account if that is of any relevance.

1 hour ago, etsorhtt said:

@proff13

I think second part of horns has separate pixel shader, so you need to find and add check for it too

Thank you man! I went throw pixel shaders again and found correct third one, there is working code:

[ShaderOverrideNoHornes1]
hash = df9905f345fd40e9
run = CommandListN2General

[ShaderOverrideNoHornes3]
hash = 8bcbdaa1156fc78d

[ShaderOverrideNoHornes4]
hash = 353f9a778d0fb9f9

[TextureOverrideNoHornes1]
hash = 1ea23eea
handling = skip

[TextureOverrideNoHornes3]
hash = 5a39b837
handling = skip

Update: it's working only on type 3 horns

37 minutes ago, Necrololicon1 said:

For some reason, only about half of the mods posted here work for me. The Sohaya garb cape remover, ferryman's cape remover, lone wolf pelt remover, and the two that came with the mod enabler work, but ones such as the Kawanami shell remover, shinobi leggings, and the three Yokai clothing replacers don't work.

I've put the files in the proper location with a proper file structure of folder/ini but results vary between whether they will work or not. Any idea as to why this might be? I'm running version 1.25.1 on a North American steam account if that is of any relevance.

I've got the same problem

1 hour ago, Necrololicon1 said:

Is it by any chance refashion? Refashion uses a different hash than the normal armor. Go into your shell.ini, and edit the 2 hash value 

Texture hash=287c2a4d

Shader hash=7bfcb1a8c91d87c6.

See if this fix it for you

Credit goes to

@padlock3456

5 minutes ago, ryuusaru said:

Is it by any chance refashion? Refashion uses a different hash than the normal armor. Go into your shell.ini, and edit the 2 hash value 

Texture hash=287c2a4d

Shader hash=7bfcb1a8c91d87c6.

See if this fix it for you

Credit goes to

@padlock3456

Yes I was trying through refashion. Unfortunately even after replacing the texture and shader hashes the issue still persists. Thank you for response though.

44 minutes ago, Necrololicon1 said:

Yes I was trying through refashion. Unfortunately even after replacing the texture and shader hashes the issue still persists. Thank you for response though.

Toggle your motion blur, make sure all other settings are on maximum. They worked for me only when I turned motion blur off.

1 hour ago, VioletKIRA said:

Toggle your motion blur, make sure all other settings are on maximum. They worked for me only when I turned motion blur off.

Wow, I honestly didn't expect this to be the fix, but it was! Thank you so much for your help! How odd though, does anyone know why turning on motion blur would make only some of the mods stop working? Could it be something to do with the shaders?

3 hours ago, MattyKnight said:

Dosen't work for me, any idea what it could be, I'm using refashion (graphics settings are at max)

Try to add in Thief WaistGuard.ini

[ShaderOverride-ThiefWaistguard]
hash = 7bfcb1a8c91d87c6
allow_duplicate_hash = overrule

19 hours ago, vres said:

Not sure how it can help, but SpecialK works well.

Reveal hidden contents

nioh2_2021_02_16_15_08_37_342.png.5fb75231f713f2155b6113cbc93527af.png

Reveal hidden contents

nioh2_2021_02_16_15_25_17_129.png.4e793f78fe497de43dc5fe63c6034941.png

Mind sharing how you got Special K working? Everytime I try and boot up nioh 2 with special K on the latest release (Not beta) it cause the game to be unresponsive and force to close. In compatiblity mode it allows me to use Special K but I dont have access to Vertex or Pixel shaders.

9 minutes ago, ShaolinKitsune said:

Mind sharing how you got Special K working? Everytime I try and boot up nioh 2 with special K on the latest release (Not beta) it cause the game to be unresponsive and force to close. In compatiblity mode it allows me to use Special K but I dont have access to Vertex or Pixel shaders.

Used this SpecialK_0_8_66.7z (SKIM64.exe)-  - https://github.com/Kaldaien/SpecialK/releases

Start the game, press start injecting. The game would crash, if I started pressing any buttons, I had to wait until the intro appeared. After it worked fine.

16 hours ago, anaslex said:

Removed the thief waistguard side flaps and made the top bit smaller.

Hide contents

image.png.53a1359013dc12799f8b14fb99ed7397.pngimage.png.c2aec67b6285f5155fb9b3c53ed01d08.png

Thief waistguard.rar 47.54 kB · 150 downloads

You may have issues if your character's body is too wide though.

8 hours ago, MattyKnight said:

Dosen't work for me, any idea what it could be, I'm using refashion (graphics settings are at max)

4 hours ago, vres said:

Try to add in Thief WaistGuard.ini

[ShaderOverride-ThiefWaistguard]
hash = 7bfcb1a8c91d87c6
allow_duplicate_hash = overrule

Yeah, unfortunately, this one definitely doesn't work (refashion or not). The additional settings suggested by vres don't appear to change anything (at the very least, they don't fix the waistguard). It's still early on; I'm sure we'll get this game figured out eventually.

Does Okuni have two models?
I just saw the cinematic where she's dancing in the Golden Castle and her dress was flipping out dunno if it was because of a bug with 120 fps or something and I could clearly see that she wore the same underwear as the playable character without the front thing.
But her in-game model wears those granny panties.

Edit: Deleted my comment since you can't seem to edit xD, but yeah as I said above.

I met her in-game now in the mission and she does wear a fundoshi instead of the granny panties so she does have an in-game model with it too.
I dunno why she even wears those granny panties to begin with in most of the game lol.

Does anyone have her unlocked from the tea house, what does her model have when you play her?

On 2/10/2021 at 1:36 PM, ShaolinKitsune said:

Example:

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.4a8149c593c679db55dbbb5dcad22589.png

Here's the Pelt Removed just throw that in a folder in the mods folder should work.
I need to grab a ferrymans cape but that one should be pretty simple too

UPDATE: Was using Shader level edits before, ended up causing issues. Updated using IBs now. Shouldn't effect other items now. But if it does let me know. Also, it now uses the Mod Enablers call to look at the IBs of the back belt because that ID was already in there, If you're using VVMod version then uncomment the [ShaderOverrideBackPelt] Section in the .ini

PeltRemove.ini 549 B · 73 downloads

Thanks, it works for me

53 minutes ago, Kazooyahmah said:

Does Okuni have two models?
I just saw the cinematic where she's dancing in the Golden Castle and her dress was flipping out dunno if it was because of a bug with 120 fps or something and I could clearly see that she wore the same underwear as the playable character without the front thing.
But her in-game model wears those granny panties.

Edit: Deleted my comment since you can't seem to edit xD, but yeah as I said above.

I met her in-game now in the mission and she does wear a fundoshi instead of the granny panties so she does have an in-game model with it too.
I dunno why she even wears those granny panties to begin with in most of the game lol.

Does anyone have her unlocked from the tea house, what does her model have when you play her?

Model with granny panties.

One of the problems is the correct transfer of vector groups of models. If I connect different models and transfer the groups according to the guide from the video, they still do not work. (Or I'm doing something wrong.) If you change the model itself without adding from outside, then everything works.

Spoiler

342534253452.PNG.2cc5e7e4c687dbebad28a5e1ebbe679e.PNG546343665445364.PNG.7e37a039286cb7a1f250336b4cd86c59.PNG

Spoiler

523434553245432.PNG.332e1cb1471053bc07fc952b7c28ea18.PNG345345545354554534.PNG.229b1629f71c68b74b8b5af8f6f95565.PNG