Nioh 2 - Modding Thread and Discussion -

2 hours ago, kulado said:

Hello,

Thanks for the tut, I was able to try out a few mods. Let me know if there are any issues as these are my first tries.

Wooden Fist:

Hide contents

994247416_Screenshot(41).png.3a4eb160c6e0342fe1cb79162ee9f32b.png

Makes the wooden fist invisible. This does remove your armor on your wrist when the fists are on.

There was a dupe warning in 3DMigoto while using the Ferryman mod. I saw no visual issues. They appear to share a shader.

Kawakami Shell:

Reveal hidden contents

1112098933_Screenshot(37).png.ffac6478c4687ab5186d50fa2ce2a4d7.png567947540_Screenshot(36).png.fc199d94518c2abe966f36a85659eecd.png

Removed the Shell. The chest bandages are a part of the texture so they'll stay white unless you edit them, even if you changed the default ones.

I hope this works for others. Thank you Etsorhtt for writing everything up.

NoShell.7z 9.75 MB · 36 downloads WoodenFist.7z 11.02 MB · 25 downloads

Which armor does this replace?

Motion Blur hashes added. See post on page 9 for more details

On 2/15/2021 at 10:53 PM, lthasatan said:

Which armor does this replace?

kawanami it's the shell armor you get from the kappa shiftling

https://nioh2.wiki.fextralife.com/Kawanami+Clan+Armor

On 2/15/2021 at 9:47 PM, padlock3456 said:

I did, it is not working, have other mods working but not that one, the other .ini has shaderoveride in it so that might be why?

I did some testing on the Yokai. You were right. Thanks for pointing it out I'll edit the post to include the updates.

Testing out stuff I edited three of the female yokai to be more revealing. Most of them have pieces cut out of their mesh so some clothes had to stay. If someone could texture edit we'd have our first nude mod ;)

Yasha:

Spoiler

2005526770_Screenshot(55).png.1508c0d74989abaaf4c44057cca7a0ce.png

Kasha:

Spoiler

1381333566_Screenshot(47).png.27f3a966152cebb48ec32e49344393d8.png712562205_Screenshot(49).png.a4661e8c9e19defac2fd72d58b9af9b3.png

Lighting Gods of Yomi:

Spoiler

1008213080_Screenshot(56).png.09e897555a5e86e48f6293395fc38486.png1008773513_Screenshot(59).png.224d357b7c032142095fa5fb67d4d8bd.png

These have the shaderoverrides along with a bypass for the dupecheck so it shouldn't show. any issues let me know.

Kasha.7z LGYomi.7z Yasha.7z

1 hour ago, kulado said:

kawanami it's the shell armor you get from the kappa shiftling

https://nioh2.wiki.fextralife.com/Kawanami+Clan+Armor

I did some testing on the Yokai. You were right. Thanks for pointing it out I'll edit the post to include the updates.

Testing out stuff I edited three of the female yokai to be more revealing. Most of them have pieces cut out of their mesh so some clothes had to stay. If someone could texture edit we'd have our first nude mod ;)

Yasha:

Reveal hidden contents

2005526770_Screenshot(55).png.1508c0d74989abaaf4c44057cca7a0ce.png

Kasha:

Reveal hidden contents

1381333566_Screenshot(47).png.27f3a966152cebb48ec32e49344393d8.png712562205_Screenshot(49).png.a4661e8c9e19defac2fd72d58b9af9b3.png

Lighting Gods of Yomi:

Reveal hidden contents

1008213080_Screenshot(56).png.09e897555a5e86e48f6293395fc38486.png1008773513_Screenshot(59).png.224d357b7c032142095fa5fb67d4d8bd.png

These have the shaderoverrides along with a bypass for the dupecheck so it shouldn't show. any issues let me know.

Kasha.7z 7.96 MB · 27 downloads LGYomi.7z 15.84 MB · 26 downloads Yasha.7z 3.96 MB · 15 downloads

So i downloaded the new file and it still does not work. I have it in the right folder like the guide says. Like i was saying earlier the other mods have other files in it besides the .ini so idk what is wrong besides maybe it is missing files. All the other mods i have work. Currently the only mod i have activated is the remove flap one.

@tesukawenxuan
Does none of the mods work for you at all? I know that japanese version is censored (maybe for some asian regions too?) and changes can make it technically different version with different hashes. That's is just how 3DMigoto works, for example new updates can potentially break mods for the rest of us too.

I updated texture editing tutorial, mesh editing next

4 minutes ago, etsorhtt said:

@tesukawenxuan
Does none of the mods work for you at all? I know that japanese version is censored (maybe for some asian regions too?) and changes can make it technically different version with different hashes. That's is just how 3DMigoto works, for example new updates can potentially break mods for the rest of us too.

I updated texture editing tutorial, mesh editing next

My asian version have no censored. (Human enemies can be cut to pieces). 

Some mods works, Like this one at #75

And some mod works for half of them, like this bare hands and feet mod at #78, In my game bare hands works, but  bare feet doesnt

And most of the mods just doesn't work. And I just can't use them........

I've been messing around with the Shinobi Cuirass and I can't seem to import .txt from the frame analysys dump into Blender :C

I get this error message:

Python: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\Anasl\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.91\scripts\addons\blender_3dmigoto.py", line 1318, in execute
    import_3dmigoto(self, context, paths, **keywords)
  File "C:\Users\Anasl\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.91\scripts\addons\blender_3dmigoto.py", line 935, in import_3dmigoto
    obj.append(import_3dmigoto_vb_ib(operator, context, [p], **kwargs))
  File "C:\Users\Anasl\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.91\scripts\addons\blender_3dmigoto.py", line 970, in import_3dmigoto_vb_ib
    import_vertex_groups(mesh, obj, blend_indices, blend_weights)
  File "C:\Users\Anasl\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.91\scripts\addons\blender_3dmigoto.py", line 727, in import_vertex_groups
    assert(len(blend_indices) == len(blend_weights))
AssertionError

It worked just fine when I imported the Thief Waistguard just after that, but it refuses to import the Shinobi Cuirass.

I checked multiple times that it's the correct IB.
Any ideas?

7 hours ago, padlock3456 said:

ok so i found the issue, refashion model has a different hash then the armor model does. Shader hash=7bfcb1a8c91d87c6. texture hash=287c2a4d

Thanks for checking everything. I went back and found the actual armor and you were right about the shader hash. I still have the same texture hash as before though. Could you try this and see if it works for you? This might be one of the reasons people are running into errors since the remodel gear has a different hash sometimes.

Shell.ini

I was able to unpack some textures with quickbms script and switch toolbox (though it did gave a lot of errors, so not every texture from archive got out)
But there's not much point to it without tool/script to pack it all back again anyway

Spoiler

Annotation 2021-02-16 172507.png

.gt1 tool from gust-tools pack works with all textures

Spoiler

Annotation 2021-02-16 173701.png

20 minutes ago, anaslex said:

I updated my base mod with the one in this thread but now my frame dump doesn't actually dump anything. Anyone got any clue how I broke it?

The folder that gets created contains a single .jpeg, a log.txt, and a deduped folder with a single .jpeg.

Are you sure you listed shaders you want to dump? Check last part of "How to remove models/effects" tutorial on first page
Create mod .ini and put this block to dump desired shader/shaders:

[ShaderOverride*CUSTOMNAME*]

hash = *SHADERHASH*
run = CommandListN2Dump

38 minutes ago, etsorhtt said:

Are you sure you listed shaders you want to dump? Check last part of "How to remove models/effects" tutorial on first page
Create mod .ini and put this block to dump desired shader/shaders:

[ShaderOverride*CUSTOMNAME*]

hash = *SHADERHASH*
run = CommandListN2Dump

Yes, that fixed it. I didn't need to do that before, have no clue how I got the dumps. That still leaves Blender unwilling to open the .txt from the dump, however.

I think it used to dump all of the stuff on screen before I updated to 1.1, not just the related textures/meshes to any specific hash ID.

Edit: Got it to dump everything by just uncommenting run = CommandListN2Dump on line 1291 of d3dx.ini.

@anaslex

Before there was a few shaders included in main ini file that my mods used, now those are moved inside the mods themselves and shader skip/shader dump split into two commands for ease of use.
I guess before something you wanted to dump by chance also used same shaders that were included

As for the blender plugin, it's not perfect and some meshes give out errors

4 minutes ago, Monstxr said:

for me don't work, i see only white bra, if i modify the bra color i always see white, aswell with yours pink

U mean the texture in the zip file doesnt work for u or if u do it thru paint.net it doesn't work? Strange ... I save it using Intel dds the settings as indicated by @etsorhtt