Nioh 2 - Modding Thread and Discussion -

I'll make an easy to read guide for hiding models/effects and general mod templates tomorrow.
(I put the thing about editing d3dx for checking edits in shader hashes in my texture tutorial but did not explain that for "third party mods" it's better to include check inside the mod like @ShaolinKitsune doing. I'll try to more clearly explain how all of it works, maybe also show how to make individual toggles/options/menus for your mods. It's just stuff like that I know by heart at this point but even then a lot small details were never put to writing, i'd imagine finding bits an pieces across videos and forum posts is a pain for someone who wants to get into this

@PrTv Forgot to mention, it does work after I DSR my desktop to desired res. I DSR to 4k and various ultra-wide and 1440p res appear for me as well

4 hours ago, NumberXer0 said:

I love the basic Shinobi top, but I hate the bandages that show underneath. I'm guess it's not so simple to just hide the bandages on the base model? If it was, I'm sure someone would have already haha.

So, The bandages have 3D width so just retexturing it, its still going to have strips with their own depth.  The other issue is skin color. As far as I know how migoto works getting it to match the skin color of the character is pretty tough. Because you're creating a texture you'd have to set it to your characters skin color so its not an end all solution for everyone.

Hell I havent even been able to pull the skin texture out of the game yet. So if someone finds it I would appreciate knowing where you found it. That and Tattoo textures.

So is a decent nude mod for this game not going to be happening anytime soon unless we can find a way to import an entire model into the game because the devs split up the body into individual pieces and intentionally removed the private regions?  DAMN IT!

Why go so far out of your way to prevent nude mods, it's not like it's going to affect the sales of the game?  Stupid prudes.

1 hour ago, delpo said:

So is a decent nude mod for this game not going to be happening anytime soon unless we can find a way to import an entire model into the game because the devs split up the body into individual pieces and intentionally removed the private regions?  DAMN IT!

Why go so far out of your way to prevent nude mods, it's not like it's going to affect the sales of the game?  Stupid prudes.

I highly doubt they did it to prevent nude mods. The body is split up due to the customization you can do to it and I'm sure they didn't remove the sensitive bits..they were never there in the first place because you never remove the bandages, its essentially part of the body. Why model something that no one will ever legitimately see?

It sucks for modders, but it makes perfect sense why it is how it is. I'm sure someone will figure it out eventually.

1 hour ago, NumberXer0 said:

I highly doubt they did it to prevent nude mods. The body is split up due to the customization you can do to it and I'm sure they didn't remove the sensitive bits..they were never there in the first place because you never remove the bandages, its essentially part of the body. Why model something that no one will ever legitimately see?

It sucks for modders, but it makes perfect sense why it is how it is. I'm sure someone will figure it out eventually.

I desperately hope so. It would be a shame for a character creator as good as this to miss out on nude mods.

On 2/10/2021 at 2:38 PM, etsorhtt said:

@ShaolinKitsune

I uploaded blend file with the body.

For the normal maps I meant when exporting mesh back to game:

Reveal hidden contents

Nioh 2 The Complete Edition Screenshot 2021.02.10 - 16.24.33.94.jpg

The "shine" changes but it's not a specular but a normal, I tested it quite a bit. It literally inverts inside out. More noticeable on back of fundoshi with mod enabled. This is what normal maps look like, they add depth to the model and react to light direction:

Reveal hidden contents

normalmap.png

For the body, I was able to import it earlier, yeah it's split into tiny parts, probably to be able dynamically hide them depending on equipped armor.
But yeah the issue with character textures is they're "baked" from your character creator settings, and wholly unique to your character in skintone/tattoos/marks/everything.

@loxoss_

Alright, I'll check it out and add to the mod if all good!

Edit: All good, hash is correct, I edited model to remove the top part just like with female version before. Thanks!

Basewear No Flap.7z 20.79 kB · 91 downloads

BODY_F.blend 3.52 MB · 73 downloads

is it possible to get the underwear wrapings as meshs?

Is anyone starting one how to unpack the files in general? I tried using procmon to see what the game is doing in the background. Outside of looking at the archive files when you remove the folder it's looking for hashed paths. I will need to see what it's doing in Ghidra although I am not very skilled with it. Once the files are unpacked I can start reversing them. I mostly want Map Assets and figuring out how to modify the texture quality of the maps.

8 hours ago, howlerleech said:

I'm sorry if it's presumptuous to ask, but is it possible to also remove Sohaya Deserter's cape? I like that set but the cape on body armor is weird.

here you go:

[TextureOverrideNoCloak_1]
hash = 0083e448
handling = skip

[TextureOverrideNoCloak_2]
hash = 94981e6d
handling = skip

Btw etsorhttthank you for the tool and especially for your guide, with it it's really easy to start creating mods with it.

Is anyone create mod for hiding horns? I found textures but, because it's use multiple times mod skips only first entry.

And if i remove shader (or how calls thing that you cycle in hunter mode by pressing 4 and 5) it's removes every hornes in game and, for some reasons, kodamas

@proff13
Yeah, never remove entire shaders. You need to find the hash for every entry and skip them.
I'm gonna check your sohaya mod later, I attempted do that earlier but one of the skipped iv/vb hashes was causing graphical issues in one of the missions
Been a bit busy this weekend, still working on tutorials

So the body itself has holes for the moment until someone can fix this.

But what about arms and shoes. Are there arm/foot guard models that without displayed textures shows just the hands and feet correctly? If so it would be great if someone could do that. Always good to have these for combination with other mods.