Nioh 2 - Modding Thread and Discussion -

49 minutes ago, dropkickinit said:

im having the same issue with the pelt remove mod as ecobotstar it makes the lone wolf legs, top, and bottom all invisible like a chunk of my girl is missing but the other stuff works fine the flap removal is great if we could get a recolor to like black or something to make it look like panties that would be great :D

Yeah, same here. My shinobi armor is invisible too, even though the mod is disabled or deleted. 

@dropkickinit @ecobotstar @NumberXer0 It's caused by the Pelt mod, disable it for now

@ShaolinKitsune

Please avoid skipping entire shaders, it's almost always a bad idea since they linked to a lot of stuff
If it's impossible to find unique ib/vb for the mesh you want to skip it's better to just drop it to avoid popping up issues like that

Anyways, I'll be "away" for a few days cause I actually want to play the damn game instead of messing with mod stuff ?
I'll be checking up on the thread, just don't expect anything new from me

I have ZERO specific knowledge to THIS game, but I've seen that sort of behavior many times in the past where, for one reason or another, there are actually several (often SEEMINGLY identical) textures for the same model.  Sometimes they need to apply wet effects or transparencies or whatever other effect to some, but not all parts, so they'll reference texture A for mesh Y but Texture B for everything else (or whatever).

No idea if that's the case here, but figured I'd toss it out there in case it's any use.

15 hours ago, etsorhtt said:

@dropkickinit @ecobotstar @NumberXer0 It's caused by the Pelt mod, disable it for now

@ShaolinKitsune

Please avoid skipping entire shaders, it's almost always a bad idea since they linked to a lot of stuff
If it's impossible to find unique ib/vb for the mesh you want to skip it's better to just drop it to avoid popping up issues like that

Anyways, I'll be "away" for a few days cause I actually want to play the damn game instead of messing with mod stuff ?
I'll be checking up on the thread, just don't expect anything new from me

Went a head and Uploaded a Fixed version in the original post. So it Should be fixed now it uses IB level edits. But that being said I didnt have the issue so I cant test it properly please let me know if its still an issue. @dropkickinit @ecobotstar @NumberXer0

Still haven't found a Ferryman's top in game so I cant do that one yet :(

PeltRemove.ini

1 hour ago, ShaolinKitsune said:

Went a head and Uploaded a Fixed version in the original post. So it Should be fixed now it uses IB level edits. But that being said I didnt have the issue so I cant test it properly please let me know if its still an issue. @dropkickinit @ecobotstar @NumberXer0

Still haven't found a Ferryman's top in game so I cant do that one yet :(

PeltRemove.ini 549 B · 9 downloads

Yup! That works, thank you so much! Wondering what you did different this time :D

1 hour ago, lthasatan said:

Hi guys. I just want to be able to make armor parts transparent.

The game already allow it for the head, but not for anywhere else. 

Is it possible?

Thats pretty much what 3D migoto will allow you to do fairly simply. You can read estorhtt's guide on the first post or  watch this video. While its for Venus Vacation its the same concept. 

Spoiler

53 minutes ago, ShaolinKitsune said:

Thats pretty much what 3D migoto will allow you to do fairly simply. You can read estorhtt's guide on the first post or  watch this video. While its for Venus Vacation its the same concept. 

Hide contents

Thanks for the answer, but as far as I see his mod enabler does not allow for making armor transparent in the default mods he included. Moreover I see no guides in his first post that would allow me to make one myself. Am I missing something?

6 hours ago, lthasatan said:

Thanks for the answer, but as far as I see his mod enabler does not allow for making armor transparent in the default mods he included. Moreover I see no guides in his first post that would allow me to make one myself. Am I missing something?

So then you'll want to watch the video linked. Basically 3D moto is reading from your graphics card render state in memory. So if you want to make something invisible you simply stop it from rendering that item.

This is where the "handling = skip" 

thats what the pelt mod does just stops the engine from rendering the pelt. Granted there are multiple parts that consist of the pelt so you have to find all the pieces and skip them all.

So I've manage to redesign the existing shinobi top recolor mod and feels like sharing with you guys!

Everything was done in Photoshop and I managed to remove the scarf and the ninja meshes thing, but the scarf's shadow around the neck and back is still there and I don't know how to remove them, I've also integrated a flowery patterns (Free License) into the outfit and it looks quite nice in a lore friendly way.

Spoiler

238705930_nioh22021-02-1217-12-19.png.1110a906c8470505c86b2bb78d9a0385.png597583115_nioh22021-02-1217-11-17.png.4295170dab5ed1b90f52ac8a4614ef32.png683186833_nioh22021-02-1217-11-02.png.60ffda3ff2d9c085e99e9b7ecfb9ca57.png

Know that I did not make the mod per se, I just edited an existing .DDS that @etsorhtt kindly provided as I'm more of a texture kinda person :D
Note : I redesign this to match the bottom piece I like (Archer something) so it uses the same-ish color scheme and I didn't redesign the shinobi trouser and mask because I didn't use them :^

------------------

To install
1. Backup the "Shinobi Set Recolor" you have in the mod folder (it would be called "DISABLE Shinobi Set Recolor" if you didn't activate the recolor mod, if so you can just ignore that one and put my folder in)
2. Just put the folder "Shinobi Set Recolor" from my zip into the Mod folder.
3. Start the game or Press F10 if you're already in game.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I've also included the .PSD file in here if anyone wants to redesign the thing themselves please feel free to do so. I've already separated bit and pieces in to layers (a bit messy I might add)
---------------

The mod
Shinobi Set Recolor.rar

The editable .psd
ca190c8b.psd

---------

37 minutes ago, Sodomeet said:

A bit unrelated question:

Right now the game doesn't have 100+ rendering resolution option. Any way to force 100+ rendering resolution via game config or something?

Hide contents

20210212131829_1.jpg

There's a config file in game's setting folder, but changing it doesn't seem to work. I tried changing resolution tot 4K or increasing the rendering resolution to 130%, and even if I set the file as "read only" when I started the game, everything reverted to normal (100% rendering and normal res).

Plus DRS doesn't seem to work also (cant select higher than my 1440P resolution even if this option was turned on in Nvidia Control Panel.

2 hours ago, etsorhtt said:

@PrTv

DSR does work, right click nioh2.exe -> properties -> compatibility -> change high dpi settings -> turn on "override high dpi scaling behavior" and set it to "application"

I tried that but the game still didn't allow me to select higher resolution 1440P is the highest I can select (your suggested option turned on). Do I miss anything?

Thanks

Spoiler

nioh2_2021_02_12_22_13_16_346.jpg.754909ec46fb5f7aa28c15c9287fd286.jpg

1 hour ago, NumberXer0 said:

I love the basic Shinobi top, but I hate the bandages that show underneath. I'm guess it's not so simple to just hide the bandages on the base model? If it was, I'm sure someone would have already haha.

I have not started getting into it myself (I plan to look into it later today)

But others in this thread have mentioned that the character model and it's shadowmaps are baked differently and uniquely during character creation.

That being said, if someone DOES find the bandage textures, if not a full removal, a recolor should be doable.