Nioh 2 - Modding Thread and Discussion -

@kulado
For Yorimitsu hat I assume it's a shadow and not painted on, try finding shader where it disappears and add this block to your mod, if this works i'll add that shadow hash in next update to main file:

[ShaderOverride*YOURNAME*]

hash = *SHADERHASH*

run = CommandListN2Shadows

(Between the mod and general life stuff I still have not finished the game, so can't test a lot of mods you guys post. Don't want to use CE either)

1 hour ago, anonanonyma said:

None of these work for maxed graphics. Would it be possible to make your original version for maxed, the one with the side flaps?

I also use max graphics except for motion blur. Someone said turning that off fixes mods not working. I highly suggest disabling it on any game you play since it's a pain to look at anyway.

Try this if you really don't want to disable motion blur:

Thief waistguard motion blur.rar

Should work, I think.

2 hours ago, lthasatan said:

Can you add the flap back in the panties and remove the plates from the boobs leaving the bandages and shoulder decos? 

Do you mean like this?

Spoiler

image.png.a72bb1571708a429e39bbe82c883d113.png

Thief waistguard - panties and flaps.rar

Also, you'll have to elaborate on which armour you're referring to for the boob plate. I don't think it will be possible if there is nothing underneath that is visible. It will end up with your character's chest area being transparent.

@etsorhtt

I'm sure it is a shader but I couldn't find it in hunt mode. It does adjust from different angles.

Spoiler

1395126850_Screenshot(76).png.71da094789871eeb9b4d77d9f9da3af9.png2111228497_Screenshot(77).png.c7afd6938d65a7a37cabab2f3c80d135.png

also thanks for doing all that you do. None of this would be possible without your enabler and guides. You're the Hidey of our hearts.

@VioletKIRA

It's built in. Numpad 0 should start it. You'll see green text like in the screenshot below:

Spoiler

919230505_Screenshot(81).png.51150b018a48276e59565fd6aa259513.png

Has anyone edited the ferryman leggings? Turns out like this when I try:

Spoiler

1308430349_Screenshot(83).png.c160bdfdc808ccd1f6bb54a8c98ebbc0.png

Removing the armor piece and keeping the chain mail would be ideal. Hoping of doing a Nightshade/Kunoichi texture edit of various pieces.

22 minutes ago, VioletKIRA said:

I'm trying to learn how to make edits myself, but am unable to enter Hunt mode, is that a separate program or a built in function of the modenabler?

No, you should be able to go into hunt mode right off the bat, after pressing numpad 0.

Here's a video shared by someone earlier. It's for a different game but it's the same principle. Helped me a lot in understanding what exactly I have to do:

Spoiler

15 minutes ago, anaslex said:

No, you should be able to go into hunt mode right off the bat, after pressing numpad 0.

Here's a video shared by someone earlier. It's for a different game but it's the same principle. Helped me a lot in understanding what exactly I have to do:

Hide contents

Thanks for that, got it working by setting hunting=2 in the .ini

Gonna check this video in depth, hopefully I can figure out how to effectively remove all those ridiculous floating shoulder plates from the heavier armors

24 minutes ago, kulado said:

Has anyone edited the ferryman leggings? Turns out like this when I try:

Reveal hidden contents

1308430349_Screenshot(83).png.c160bdfdc808ccd1f6bb54a8c98ebbc0.png

Removing the armor piece and keeping the chain mail would be ideal. Hoping of doing a Nightshade/Kunoichi texture edit of various pieces.

You need to edit the mesh itself since it doesn't have separate parts. I've removed the skirt and only left the chainmail leggings. Regrettably, there's a daft-looking belt thing that can't be removed because there's nothing underneath and you'll have a transparent midriff. I've made it smaller but it could look weird with some of the chest armours. There's also a regular belt thing size version.

Regular:

Spoiler

image.png.d18124610556ce3f84780844375441be.png

FerrymanHakama - regular size belt thing.rar

Small belt:

Spoiler

image.png.63e2991b86a238bfd5474c79f301fe61.png

FerrymanHakama - small belt thing.rar

Should work with motion blur both on and off.

6 minutes ago, VioletKIRA said:

Thanks for that, got it working by setting hunting=2 in the .ini

Gonna check this video in depth, hopefully I can figure out how to effectively remove all those ridiculous floating shoulder plates from the heavier armors

Just give me a list of the armours you want the shoulder pads removed from and I'll have a go tomorrow :)

The shoulder pads usually don't have a separate IB so they'll need mesh editing.

27 minutes ago, anaslex said:

Just give me a list of the armours you want the shoulder pads removed from and I'll have a go tomorrow :)

The shoulder pads usually don't have a separate IB so they'll need mesh editing.

I've done some mesh editting for other games so not entirely new to the subject, but the armors I had in mind were
Warrior of the West (right shoulder pad)
Benkei's Cuirass (left shoulder pad)
and Yoshiie's Birthright Cuirass (both shoulders)

5 hours ago, anaslex said:

All plates removed (loincloth)

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.9cfcf94950af09fcc5209cd41df77091.png

Thief waistguard - loincloth.rar 34.13 kB · 48 downloads

Everything removed (panties, if you remove any more you end up with a transparent crotch)

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.beab216b32f3e293d0267e354012c695.png

Thief waistguard - only panties.rar 12.42 kB · 57 downloads

Please share any other suggestions you have. I'm bored and this is actually pretty fun.

Can you do the kawanami shell remove but keep the mesh armor or whatever thats on the shoulders? Or is that all one attached piece?

Also, is it possible to remove the under shirt from the archer armor top so we can get an overwatch hanzo type of top?

4 hours ago, shang8527 said:

May I ask , how to alter the chest,waist,thigh size?

You just use cheat engine. First you go to character creation and set the body size of the body part you want to edit to 20, and then using cheat engine you search the the value 20. After you find all the values, lower the body size of the part you want to edit to 15. After you do this it should just find a couple of addresses that you can edit by putting in random values and you should be able to see a change in the corresponding body part, which means you found the correct address. The problem I am having is maintaining the size after you leave the character creation.

5 hours ago, anaslex said:

Do you mean like this?

Hide contents

image.png.a72bb1571708a429e39bbe82c883d113.png

Thief waistguard - panties and flaps.rar 39.23 kB · 29 downloads

Also, you'll have to elaborate on which armour you're referring to for the boob plate. I don't think it will be possible if there is nothing underneath that is visible. It will end up with your character's chest area being transparent.

Thanks kind stranger. After looking closely I feel the armor is actually neat the way it is.

The flap I refer to is the one where the character is not using any leg armor, and she uses panties with a flap in front. 

The game was updated to the 1.26 version

・“DLSS” added to “Graphic Settings”
 Available for GeForce RTX Series graphics boards
 ※Please ensure you have the latest drivers
 ※This setting can be switched outside of missions

The mods works, but I don't have a RTX graphics card to check if DLSS is affecting the hash.

@VioletKIRA
Make sure that you use latest version, hunting = 2 is set in it by default...
Also please check tutorials on first page of the thread, the video by DarkStarSword is useful and something I used to learn this all when started modding VV,
but it does not cover a few things like calling shader lists to check/dump shaders and just a few Nioh 2 specific finds, like index buffer hashes being generally less reliable than vertex buffers

@kulado
Not even vertex shaders?
For the ferryman leggings, they are probably one whole mesh so you'll need to edit it in blender

1 hour ago, etsorhtt said:

@VioletKIRA
Make sure that you use latest version, hunting = 2 is set in it by default...
Also please check tutorials on first page of the thread, the video by DarkStarSword is useful and something I used to learn this all when started modding VV,
but it does not cover a few things like calling shader lists to check/dump shaders and just a few Nioh 2 specific finds, like index buffer hashes being generally less reliable than vertex buffers

@kulado
Not even vertex shaders?
For the ferryman leggings, they are probably one whole mesh so you'll need to edit it in blender

Yeah I updated everything after realizing I was probably using an older upload. Read your instructional posts and got the basics down, can show/hide whatever textures I want, but having issues dumping the textures and meshes out via the CommandListN2Dump command.

Messing with the thief's waistguard as an example:

[ShaderOverrideThiefWaist]
hash = 7bfcb1a8c91d87c6

run = CommandListN2Dump

That's the only thing in the .ini with the intent of dumping the textures of the item, but not sure how to trigger the actual command. F10, F2, shift-F2, tried all the standard commands in-game but still not managing to create that FrameAnalysis folder :(  (by root directory you mean ...SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Nioh2 right? Alongside the .exe and such)

9 minutes ago, VioletKIRA said:

Yeah I updated everything after realizing I was probably using an older upload. Read your instructional posts and got the basics down, can show/hide whatever textures I want, but having issues dumping the textures and meshes out via the CommandListN2Dump command.

Messing with the thief's waistguard as an example:

[ShaderOverrideThiefWaist]
hash = 7bfcb1a8c91d87c6

run = CommandListN2Dump

That's the only thing in the .ini with the intent of dumping the textures of the item, but not sure how to trigger the actual command. F10, F2, shift-F2, tried all the standard commands in-game but still not managing to create that FrameAnalysis folder :(  (by root directory you mean ...SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Nioh2 right? Alongside the .exe and such)

They key to dump is F8. You have to be in hunting mode (numpad 0) before you press F8.

I'm going to start working on removing the shoulder pads after the new update finishes.