Nioh 2 - Modding Thread and Discussion -

3 hours ago, anaslex said:

So I was messing around with Okuni's attire and I found this:

Hide contents

image.png.5f20b97326325d317b21355821f7c3a9.png

She seems to have a chest mesh or whatever, rather than an abyss where the chest should be, like it is with the wrappings. I personally can't do much with this but I assume this information might be useful for you more experienced modders.

Bumping this since we’re on a new page and I wanna make sure adequate modders see this since it’s a pretty huge development in terms of making a nude mod for this game.

A lot of clothing modification requests kinda distracting from the development effort that this thread was made for :P

So, who the heck uploaded it to Nexus? I was planning on doing it myself once mod "matures" a bit internally
Edit: This has been resolved, new upload is here, now identical to the one in this thread.

Anyways, version 1.1 is out, there's some internal changes related to dumping stuff, please check post №2 in the thread for tutorial on removing models/effects that also outlines how I would recommend adding shader checks/dumping assets for your mods
More coming, also rewriting texture tutorial to be more in-depth/share my findings specific to Nioh 2

Well I have this laying around here so since I spent a good deal of time trying to find good models and no luck.
.ini to remove Mumyo mask and outer clothing. (Non-Nude)

; Mumyo
; 47d208e2 = Front Cape top
; 82c57d19 = Back Cape
; 9aff8484 = Shoulders Pelt
; a2911358 = Front Cape
; 447af127 = Elbow Pel
; d7444444 = HeadCloth
; de5bd54c = Mask
; dffaf8a6 = Boots
; 0562be8a = Hands
; 13a5cc33 = Armor Bottom
; 214e902f = Armor Top
; 211371df = Top Body

[textureoverridefront]
hash = a2911358
handling = skip

[textureoverrideshoulders]
hash = 9aff8484
handling = skip

[textureoverridecape]
hash = 82c57d19
handling = skip

[textureoverrideNbreast]
hash = 47d208e2
handling = skip

[textureoverrideelbow]
hash = 447af127
handling = skip

[textureoverrideheadc]
hash = d7444444
handling = skip

[textureoverrideMask]
hash = de5bd54c
handling = skip

And by the way I don't know if anyone tried it before but during my teste I tried replacing the important parts ( Breasts+Vagina) of the player model.
I was somewhat successful however I believe the weights/bones were all over the place.
So someone more experienced with modeling might pull the trick off.

My result was somewhat similar to 39:06 from the VenusVacation Guide

To fix these problems I assume getting the bones would be the main solution so we could work around it (transferring weights and so on)

I feel there should be a way to hide only parts of HUD probably? i tried edit some parts of "HUD Toggle" in d3dx.ini but no success, i would love a way to hide everything but top left HUD (remove map, remove stance, remove favorite, only have HP/KI/Anima display active)

Maybe anyone smarter than me can point me in right direction?

12 minutes ago, ahuramazdah said:

@Kevin91

Unfortunately I don't think there's any other early armor model in the game that retains the body part after you remove them, the only other one is the ferryman boots but there's no other glove that allows it to be bare except the genmei bracers.

That makes sense, thanks for letting me know.  

@handsandarrows

I can look into it but hud is always a bit of a problem, many textures/shaders related to hud share hashes/elements making turning stuff off partially impossible. I'll see if it can be done for specific things you listed but no promises

@Aribeth de Tylmarande

In hunting mode, with Ctrl + F8 you can switch to UI mode, in which you can dump all ui elements present on screen

1 hour ago, etsorhtt said:

@handsandarrows

I can look into it but hud is always a bit of a problem, many textures/shaders related to hud share hashes/elements making turning stuff off partially impossible. I'll see if it can be done for specific things you listed but no promises

Thank you, but please do not spend to much time! I start to get used to it, it is only strange they add so many option to configure things but did not add a more immersive HUD option, i was hoping maybe there was "easy" way to do it, if not it really is no big problem

7 minutes ago, GrandMoffBarkin said:

So I was following the tutorial to try to remove the plates from the shinobi waist guard but it seems like they're attached to the rest of the pants (seems like only the tiny flaps and the front bit of the belt can be removed). Would some kind of mesh editing or something be the only way forward? 

If you checked both vb/ib hashes and did not found them separate then yeah...
I'm going to post new texture tutorial and on mesh editing/replacing tomorrow

@The Butler
The way it works, we're not getting bones...it's still technically possible to weight transfer but I never got good at it, too much pain. But some guys over at VV community can do wonders

So I've been messing around with the Shinobi leggings and I ended up with this thing:

Spoiler

image.png.3b798e703e6b71f282ec2a72f515b2dc.pngimage.thumb.png.289d36c918a9c4776fcc802491f54104.png

Basically removed the side flaps and tightened the pants around the crotch area to avoid seeing the invisible crotch.

It's not great but I guess it's alright for my first time dabbling in Blender. Great job on that tutorial video.

ShinobiLeggingsRemoveFlaps.rar

Edit: Looks like I had the same idea as @GrandMoffBarkin

4 minutes ago, kingjohn23 said:

A MOD request or sugestion: Remove Yokai Shift, that you can shift to gain power but you dont become a demon. Yes im a christian.

You can do this using cheat engine, if I ever figure out how to transfer ce tables for other people I can give you one where you'll just have to set a value to 0 and lock it in place.

2 hours ago, anaslex said:

So I've been messing around with the Shinobi leggings and I ended up with this thing:

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.3b798e703e6b71f282ec2a72f515b2dc.pngimage.thumb.png.289d36c918a9c4776fcc802491f54104.png

Basically removed the side flaps and tightened the pants around the crotch area to avoid seeing the invisible crotch.

It's not great but I guess it's alright for my first time dabbling in Blender. Great job on that tutorial video.

ShinobiLeggingsRemoveFlaps.rar 180.8 kB · 17 downloads

Edit: Looks like I had the same idea as @GrandMoffBarkin

Haha that's exactly what I was going for! Thanks so much for sharing!

Edit: I tried it out and it didn't work initially so I added the below to the .ini and it worked fine. Included just incase anyone else needs

[ShaderOverrideShinobiLeggings]
hash = 91ea5a0a0fc326fa
run = CommandListN2General 

On 2/9/2021 at 12:57 PM, etsorhtt said:

BASIC MODDING
How to remove models/effects:

Reveal hidden contents

1comp.png

1. Decide what you want to remove
2. Enter hunting mode:

Enter hunting mode ( NUMPAD 0 )

Hunting mode controls:
( NUMPAD 0 ) - Hunting mode On/Off
( NUMPAD + ) - Reset current shader/buffer selection
( NUMPAD / ), ( NUMPAD * ) - Cycle through vertex buffers, ( NUMPAD - ) - copy selected vertex buffer hash to clipboard
( NUMPAD 7 ), ( NUMPAD 8 ) - Cycle through index buffers, ( NUMPAD 9 ) - copy selected index buffer hash to clipboard
( NUMPAD 4 ), ( NUMPAD 5 ) - Cycle through vertex shaders, ( NUMPAD 6 ) - copy selected vertex shader hash to clipboard
( NUMPAD 1 ), ( NUMPAD 2 ) - Cycle through pixel shaders, ( NUMPAD 3 ) - copy selected pixel shader hash to clipboard

hunting_comp.png

Think about vertex/index buffers as individual models/effects, they depend on vertex/pixel shaders which are collections of those models/effects
That's why we first have to find pixel or vertex shader tied to something we want to remove before going through the buffers

2comp.png

3. Find correct vertex/pixel shader:

Finding pixel shader is enough most of the time, unless there's some issues finding vertex shader is not necessary
Cycle through pixel shaders ( NUMPAD 1 ), ( NUMPAD 2 ) until model or effect disappears from screen, just like tonfas in my example
(along with armor but that's fine, that just means they both depend on that shader)

4. Copy the hash and add shader check:

Copy its hash ( NUMPAD 3 ) and create text .ini file for the mod in Mods folder (or feel free to create subfolder within it and place .ini there), riptonfas.ini in my example. Open mod .ini you just created and add check for pixel shader you copied:

[ShaderOverride*CUSTOMNAME*]

hash = *SHADERHASH*

run = CommandListN2General

for example:

[ShaderOverrideRIPTonfas]

hash = 91ea5a0a0fc326fa

Now any changes that you make to buffers related to this shader will be able to take effect. Save the file, Refresh ( F10 ) in game and ( NUMPAD + ) in hunting mode to reset your previous selections

Why this is done? Is this step necessary?
Performance! Manually adding checks for shaders that we need for our mods significantly reduces overhead
It is possible to make 3DMigoto check for every shader present but that induces decent performance loss
I'm considering adding key shortcut for this in next version for test purposes

3comp.png

5. Find and copy vertex/index buffer:

From my experience with Nioh 2 so far, vertex buffers are more reliable and have less chances of multiple in-game objects sharing the same hash, so focus on them first:
Cycle trough vertex buffers ( NUMPAD / ), ( NUMPAD * ) until model or effect disappears from screen, just like tonfas in my example
(This time only tonfas! What was that about buffers being invidual objects and shaders being collections of them again..?)

6. Skip and repeat for all parts if necessary:

Copy its hash ( NUMPAD - ) and back to the mod .ini. Now you can tell 3dmigoto to skip drawing the model/effect:

[TextureOverride*CUSTOMNAME*]

hash = *BUFFERHASH*

handling = skip

for example:

[TextureOverrideTonfas-Body]

hash = 588922d0

handling = skip

Save, refresh, reset, the usual. If all good, you can exit hunting mode.
Sometimes what you want to remove consist of multiple parts that also use different pixel/vertex shader or/and vertex/index buffer so might need to repeat entire process for additional hashes

Tonfas gone! Oh wait, there's still handles visible! Back to step 5 and 6 to repeat the process of finding vertex or index buffer for handles now.
In my example end result looks like that:

; For this example I used Lord Tonfas
; Here I added check for pixel shader to allow buffer editing

hash = 91ea5a0a0fc326fa

; Here I added skip to tonfas

[TextureOverrideTonfas-Body]

hash = 588922d0

handling = skip

; Here I found and added vertex buffer to skip the handles

[TextureOverrideTonfas-Handles]

hash = 6d3f7f45

handling = skip

4comp.png

7. (OPTIONAL) Perform frame analysis:

What if you don't want to remove something but rather get its texture/meshes, or want both? For that we use frame analysis to dump everything related to listed vertex/pixel shader hash:

Instead CommandListN2General we use CommandListN2Dump, it's not possible to have two "run" commands under same section, so you can comment out "run = CommandListN2General" line by adding ; in front of it and then add "run = CommandListN2Dump" below it
and revert back once you done

From step 4:

[ShaderOverride*CUSTOMNAME*]

hash = *SHADERHASH*

;run = CommandListN2General
run = CommandListN2Dump

for example:

hash = 91ea5a0a0fc326fa

;run = CommandListN2General
run = CommandListN2Dump

This will create folder "FrameAnalysis-*CurrentDate*" in root directory of a game with everything that was possible to dump from listed shader

Do not forget to remove "run = CommandListN2Dump" line once you done or if you plan on sharing your mod with other people, or this will force them to dump your shader every time they try dump something for themselves, which is no bueno.

How to make texture edits:

Reveal hidden contents

I'm in the process of rewriting this, sorry!

Thanks for this.

I was able to make the body armor transparent properly (you need to use an armor that shows part of the body underneath, so the game loads it), however I was not able to find a legging that works. I think all leggings cover the waist, so the game doesn't load it if you wear any legging armor piece.

Moreover I noticed slight stuttering with the mod enabled.

Updated with shaderoverride (Motion blur Hash too) in the mod .ini. Should work for everyone now. See post on page 9 for more details

Hello,

Thanks for the tut, I was able to try out a few mods. Let me know if there are any issues as these are my first tries.

Wooden Fist:

Spoiler

994247416_Screenshot(41).png.3a4eb160c6e0342fe1cb79162ee9f32b.png

Makes the wooden fist invisible. This does remove your armor on your wrist when the fists are on.

There was a dupe warning in 3DMigoto while using the Ferryman mod. I saw no visual issues. They appear to share a shader.

Kawanami Shell:

Spoiler

1112098933_Screenshot(37).png.ffac6478c4687ab5186d50fa2ce2a4d7.png567947540_Screenshot(36).png.fc199d94518c2abe966f36a85659eecd.png

Removed the Shell. The chest bandages are a part of the texture so they'll stay white unless you edit them, even if you changed the default ones.

I hope this works for others. Thank you Etsorhtt for writing everything up.

Fist.7z Shell.7z

44 minutes ago, kulado said:

Hello,

Thanks for the tut, I was able to try out a few mods. Let me know if there are any issues as these are my first tries.

Wooden Fist:

Reveal hidden contents

994247416_Screenshot(41).png.3a4eb160c6e0342fe1cb79162ee9f32b.png

Makes the wooden fist invisible. This does remove your armor on your wrist when the fists are on.

There was a dupe warning in 3DMigoto while using the Ferryman mod. I saw no visual issues. They appear to share a shader.

Kawakami Shell:

Reveal hidden contents

1112098933_Screenshot(37).png.ffac6478c4687ab5186d50fa2ce2a4d7.png567947540_Screenshot(36).png.fc199d94518c2abe966f36a85659eecd.png

Removed the Shell. The chest bandages are a part of the texture so they'll stay white unless you edit them, even if you changed the default ones.

I hope this works for others. Thank you Etsorhtt for writing everything up.

NoShell.7z 9.75 MB · 4 downloads WoodenFist.7z 11.02 MB · 3 downloads

I believe the zips are missing files, only has .inis and screenshots

39 minutes ago, padlock3456 said:

I believe the zips are missing files, only has .inis and screenshots

Follow the instructions on the first post. You can just drop the folders with the .ini into the Mod folder that 3DMigoto made.

On a side note: I'm not sure if I'm suppose to put a shaderoveride in the .ini for the mods. They work for me but I have the override in my d3dxini. Just wondering if it needs to directly be in the mod ini.

12 minutes ago, kulado said:

Follow the instructions on the first post. You can just drop the folders with the .ini into the Mod folder that 3DMigoto made.

On a side note: I'm not sure if I'm suppose to put a shaderoveride in the .ini for the mods. They work for me but I have the override in my d3dxini. Just wondering if it needs to directly be in the mod ini.

I did, it is not working, have other mods working but not that one, the other .ini has shaderoveride in it so that might be why?