Nioh 2 - Modding Thread and Discussion -

19 minutes ago, hhw26 said:

Thank you, here are 4 files containing ps-t0

Good good! Alright try this one then, just for testing, I got my suspicion so if this one works although different then I might got the culprit.

Put this file and replace the one from FaceSkinNoseBlush folder AND delete the pst3f0.dds file inside it, then F10 in game as usual and see if the nose become slightly red.

f0296c22.dds

10 minutes ago, alpaca21 said:

Good good! Alright try this one then, just for testing, I got my suspicion so if this one works although different then I might got the culprit.

Put this file and replace the one from FaceSkinNoseBlush folder AND delete the pst3f0.dds file inside it, then F10 in game as usual and see if the nose become slightly red.

f0296c22.dds 4 MB · 0 downloads

Here is the effect,  there seems to be an error..

1325200_20210225085405_1.thumb.png.c39f10fc9a06afc2845ce5d8cbda1a7a.png

43 minutes ago, hhw26 said:

There is improvement that the nose turns red, the body's gloosy and abs effect appear, whlile the strange shades are still there...

1325200_20210225091419_1.png

RIGHT! Sorry for the ping @hhw26 @handsandarrows So I found the main issue, apparently the game make the face and the body share the same texture hash which is f0296c22.

But each come from different pixel buffer, SO- if you have body mod, that the Mod Enabler recognize that the FACE and the BODY has different Pixel buffer BUT the texture has the same hash code so the enabler confuse the face texture with the body texture.

If you delete the body mod .ini files it should work, unfortunately I have no idea how to make this face mod works with the body as well, I just started to learn how to mod literally yesterday so maybe someone that make those glossy body could help you more than me.

So yeah- the body mod conflicted with the face mod, sorry!

If you want to keep the facemod, just redownload the old one and delete the one I keep asking you to replace along with the body mod. :(

I'm really sorry about that.

BUT if you find someone more experienced with modding the game active and willing to give some insight, please let me know so I can make a better mod that can go along with any body mod!

12 minutes ago, Dumberson said:

Can't seem to dump face textures in any way, whenever I dump using the correct hash (the one that removes my face except for eyes and teeth in hunting mode) it just dumps stuff like my hair, body and armor textures. Help?

You need to tell the Enabler specifically to dump that certain texture first.

Create a new .ini files inside the mod folder, name it whatever

then inside the .ini files type this:

[ShaderOverride*NameWhatever*]

hash = *hash number you just copied*

run = CommandListN2Dump

and then back to the game and refresh the mod F10, and then go back to hunting mod and press F8 like usual.

11 minutes ago, alpaca21 said:

You need to tell the Enabler specifically to dump that certain texture first.

Create a new .ini files inside the mod folder, name it whatever

then inside the .ini files type this:

and then back to the game and refresh the mod F10, and then go back to hunting mod and press F8 like usual.

The file that should be the face textures in the frame analysis folder are my body textures, I think it has something to do with what you said earlier about body and face sharing a hash.

31 minutes ago, alpaca21 said:

RIGHT! Sorry for the ping @hhw26 @handsandarrows So I found the main issue, apparently the game make the face and the body share the same texture hash which is f0296c22.

But each come from different pixel buffer, SO- if you have body mod, that the Mod Enabler recognize that the FACE and the BODY has different Pixel buffer BUT the texture has the same hash code so the enabler confuse the face texture with the body texture.

If you delete the body mod .ini files it should work, unfortunately I have no idea how to make this face mod works with the body as well, I just started to learn how to mod literally yesterday so maybe someone that make those glossy body could help you more than me.

So yeah- the body mod conflicted with the face mod, sorry!

If you want to keep the facemod, just redownload the old one and delete the one I keep asking you to replace along with the body mod. :(

I'm really sorry about that.

BUT if you find someone more experienced with modding the game active and willing to give some insight, please let me know so I can make a better mod that can go along with any body mod!

That's fine, it is a good try, thank you so much anyaway, i just find exactly the body mod which conflicts with it,  the nude Okuni  https://www.nexusmods.com/nioh2/mods/52 .  I just delete that one LOL. 

9 minutes ago, Dumberson said:

The file that should be the face textures in the frame analysis folder are my body textures, I think it has something to do with what you said earlier about body and face sharing a hash.

Maybe, but it was weird because in my case, it works just fine...

Alright, let me help you find the solution, mate.

But first thing first though, what version of the game and mod enabler did you use?

Because before hand, I use 1.25 Nioh and the earliest version of Mod Enabler and I actually get similar Issue, can't even extract specific part of shaders when I told the enabler to do it.

But then I updated the game and use latest version of Mod Enabler, it works properly now.

8 minutes ago, hhw26 said:

That's fine, it is a good try, thank you so much anyaway, i just find exactly the body mod which conflicts with it,  the nude Okuni  https://www.nexusmods.com/nioh2/mods/52 .  I just delete that one LOL. 

LOL I didn't know they also share same hash, damn this game is so jank to mod with.

On 2/18/2021 at 1:11 AM, kulado said:

@etsorhtt

I'm sure it is a shader but I couldn't find it in hunt mode. It does adjust from different angles.

Reveal hidden contents

1395126850_Screenshot(76).png.71da094789871eeb9b4d77d9f9da3af9.png2111228497_Screenshot(77).png.c7afd6938d65a7a37cabab2f3c80d135.png

also thanks for doing all that you do. None of this would be possible without your enabler and guides. You're the Hidey of our hearts.

@VioletKIRA

It's built in. Numpad 0 should start it. You'll see green text like in the screenshot below:

Reveal hidden contents

919230505_Screenshot(81).png.51150b018a48276e59565fd6aa259513.png

Has anyone edited the ferryman leggings? Turns out like this when I try:

Reveal hidden contents

1308430349_Screenshot(83).png.c160bdfdc808ccd1f6bb54a8c98ebbc0.png

Removing the armor piece and keeping the chain mail would be ideal. Hoping of doing a Nightshade/Kunoichi texture edit of various pieces.

Has there been any update on the Yorimitsu Hat if you somehow made it work without the shadow? Is this also possible with Fuku's Hat?

On 2/18/2021 at 3:15 PM, anaslex said:

Removed Firestarter cuirass shoulder pads and made the waist a bit thinner.

Also messed around with the demon slayer waistguard, removing most of the plates and flattening out the puffy bits around the upper thighs. Made the waist smaller as well, might clip with some of the bulkier armours.

Both shown here:

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.de734fb5ddca6b1f5045c95b309a4f98.png

Motion blur on makes some stuff appear in the front part of the waist but I haven't been able to fix that without breaking shadows.

Demon slayer legs.rar 127.16 kB · 36 downloads

Firestarter.rar 158.26 kB · 35 downloads

I tried using the Demon Slayer legs mod and it only removes the back plates for me. Is there a way to make this work on Yorimitsu Transformation as well?

4 hours ago, ReelJoeyHere said:

I made a black retexture of Otakemaru's outfit and the Sohaya greaves. Hope it looks good. I also made a recolor mod for the Dodanuki Masakuni on the nexus.

https://www.nexusmods.com/nioh2/mods/76

20210225185305_1.jpg

BlackSamuraiOutfit.zip 7.25 MB · 28 downloads

Could you make one that's solid white por favor? Just the robe particularly. Other parts (belt, pants, etc.) remain default colors. Just to make it easier.

Has anyone succeeded in replacing an armor mesh with something completely different?

I did an experiment by replacing a footwear with .ib and .vb from another set. But the mesh got completely messed up in game (see the screenshot). I've tried stride values from both the source vb and target vb, neither worked.

20210227005920_1.jpg

As requested, Onmyo Hunting Hakama without the leggings.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.ffef284b97ecf866b91ded05f73722b6.png

I tried with motion blur on/off and DLSS on/off and it seemed to work fine. Here you go:

Onmyo Hunting Hakama.rar

There is, however, an issue with transparency in the crotch area. I'll see if I can do something about it.

Spoiler

image.png.4d4f0ad4494e09022af4144c207de076.png

Edit: Regrettably, there are no panties in the mesh, so I have nothing to leave over there. No suitable way to cover it up either. I could, potentially, be able to import panties from a different mesh but the texture will be borked. Still better than nothing, I guess.

Edit 2: I managed to get some panties in there to cover it up and, while it looks pretty daft, it's still better than being crotchless. Here you go:

Spoiler

image.png.a4ea86f29e632cf7f460273d2f908a38.png

Onmyo Hunting Hakama - covered crotch.rar

49 minutes ago, anaslex said:

As requested, Onmyo Hunting Hakama without the leggings.

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.ffef284b97ecf866b91ded05f73722b6.png

I tried with motion blur on/off and DLSS on/off and it seemed to work fine. Here you go:

Onmyo Hunting Hakama.rar 8.09 kB · 9 downloads

There is, however, an issue with transparency in the crotch area. I'll see if I can do something about it.

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.4d4f0ad4494e09022af4144c207de076.png

Edit: Regrettably, there are no panties in the mesh, so I have nothing to leave over there. No suitable way to cover it up either. I could, potentially, be able to import panties from a different mesh but the texture will be borked. Still better than nothing, I guess.

Edit 2: I managed to get some panties in there to cover it up and, while it looks pretty daft, it's still better than being crotchless. Here you go:

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.a4ea86f29e632cf7f460273d2f908a38.png

Onmyo Hunting Hakama - covered crotch.rar 15.43 kB · 5 downloads

I don't know if anyone caught my request earlier, but confirming that this can be done can something be done about this armor set? Remove the pants underneath and have the robe solid white. Belt and armor can remain default. I'd really appreciate the effort.

Nioh 2 Dreaming Demon Coat and Waistguard request.PNG

1 hour ago, zaqwer said:

Has anyone succeeded in replacing an armor mesh with something completely different?

I did an experiment by replacing a footwear with .ib and .vb from another set. But the mesh got completely messed up in game. I've tried stride values from both the source vb and target vb, neither worked.

Most likely near impossible for most sets. As an example, shinobi chest has a missing line on the hip because legs would cover it, other sets have the opposite problem, so we had to find a combination of both that would allow a character to look naked without invisible lines, that being said, if anyone finds outfits that share the same module division it should be possible to replace them with each other, but that is limiting, so you would probably have to work on the game's core files to do it properly, which is a moot point since the game allows you to refashion your outfit on blacksmith to look like any other that is collectable.

1 hour ago, howlerleech said:

Most likely near impossible for most sets. As an example, shinobi chest has a missing line on the hip because legs would cover it, other sets have the opposite problem, so we had to find a combination of both that would allow a character to look naked without invisible lines, that being said, if anyone finds outfits that share the same module division it should be possible to replace them with each other, but that is limiting, so you would probably have to work on the game's core files to do it properly, which is a moot point since the game allows you to refashion your outfit on blacksmith to look like any other that is collectable.

I see your point. But I didn't mean the module thing. I've added a screenshot in my post explaining what happened to my experiment. 

Not sure if I did something wrong or it's the engine itself. According to my experience such issue usually happens when using an incorrect stride value in the ini. However I couldn't find a value to make it work.

2 hours ago, zaqwer said:

I did an experiment by replacing a footwear with .ib and .vb from another set. But the mesh got completely messed up in game (see the screenshot). I've tried stride values from both the source vb and target vb, neither worked.

20210227005920_1.jpg

I would love to experiment and find a way on this cause too but boi, I don't even know how you manage to get any ib vb file in the first place, all I can get is texture files and .buf stuff

How did you do that? Dumping the Ib Vb file?

Would love for a little guide on this, etsorhtt never really release any guide how to get that part.

1 minute ago, alpaca21 said:

I would love to experiment and find a way on this cause too but boi, I don't even know how you manage to get any ib vb file in the first place, all I can get is texture files and .buf stuff

How did you do that? Dumping the Ib Vb file?

Would love for a little guide on this, etsorhtt never really release any guide how to get that part.

In the dump folder, look for txt files named like "000010-vb0=bcfcc36f-vs=73278b6e442d3c47-ps=2b4f1e31175e9cbc.txt" or "000010-ib=287c2a4d-vs=73278b6e442d3c47-ps=2b4f1e31175e9cbc.txt". Import either of them into Blender (with the 3DMigoto plugin), and you get the mesh. After doing any modification, export them as .vb and .ib and you are done. The hash for the mesh is in its filename too.