Nioh 2 - Modding Thread and Discussion -

7 minutes ago, Deyrax said:

Shucks, then it means there is no use to edit separate parts if more than 31 values are not saved in the preset :( 

It seems that the current situation is that you can only combine your favorite combinations such as -20 for the upper body, 0 for the arms, and 10 for the legs within a fixed value.

I'm searching to see if there is an address that has an upper limit, but I can't find it well.
Even if I change the value, it just freezes lol

On 2/17/2021 at 11:27 PM, anaslex said:

All plates removed (loincloth)

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.9cfcf94950af09fcc5209cd41df77091.png

Thief waistguard - loincloth.rar 34.13 kB · 105 downloads

Everything removed (panties, if you remove any more you end up with a transparent crotch)

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.beab216b32f3e293d0267e354012c695.png

Thief waistguard - only panties.rar 12.42 kB · 126 downloads

Please share any other suggestions you have. I'm bored and this is actually pretty fun.

Is there a reason it makes your panties black? My lady likes to wear pink so would appreciate if you could update it so it shows your actual panties 

1 hour ago, Deyrax said:

Is there a reason it makes your panties black? My lady likes to wear pink so would appreciate if you could update it so it shows your actual panties 

It's because the textures are different. Those are not the default panties you have when you unequip everything. I haven't touched the textures at all, that's just how they are.

I'm not really into texture editing so I can't help you there, I'm afraid.

13 minutes ago, anaslex said:

It's because the textures are different. Those are not the default panties you have when you unequip everything. I haven't touched the textures at all, that's just how they are.

Oh, so it's actually the panties from the item, gotcha

4 hours ago, Deyrax said:

Oh, so it's actually the panties from the item, gotcha

I'm actually having issues Frame Dumping and I dont know why. I have to go in an write a specific shader to get anything to dump at all. 

However I got it working well enough to do something like this: 

Spoiler

Black:
1989770944_BlackLingerieDemo.thumb.png.0a3ed2ee0603fbd66728f3eb24475c1f.png

Pink:

1777122608_PinkLingerieDemo.thumb.png.dba3895e6164784685370b6dfe53e625.png

I'm kind of fond of the black one. Might have to do it as a base underwear mod. Anyways files are attached, just have to Disable / Enable the right .ini you want to use.

UPDATE: FIXED MISSING BUMPS FILE.

Thief waistguard - Panties Retextured.rar

3 hours ago, anaslex said:

Can the armor part of "Ferryman's Hakama" be removed?

29 minutes ago, ShaolinKitsune said:

I'm kind of fond of the black one. Might have to do it as a base underwear mod. Anyways files are attached, just have to Disable / Enable the right .ini you want to use.

Really nice job. One small issue, you forgot to define the pantyBumps resource inside both ini files. Easy to fix anyway, just wanted to let you know.

49 minutes ago, QuantumFake said:

So is anyone actively working on a nude mod? It’s hard to find any info in this topic with people just asking for clothing items to be modified

So I've been playing around with it. But I doubt I can really put one together properly.

There are a few hurdles. Biggest one is my lack of blender skills, but I'm learning slowly.  Modding an existing model is easy enough, But to change into the shape I need for a nude mod would be very time consuming because I'm not skilled with blender. And it would probably be ugly ;p. 

So the other route was to take an already made model and cut it to size and replace it. However 3DMigoto exporter requires certain custom attributes to be applied to the model before exporting. Some of these attributes are Datatypes that cant be assigned with the blender UI. So I had to Join the new model with the old model. And then transfer the weight paints.  And after all that the model still went haywire and the verticies shot of in random redirections anyways.

But lets say I get that figured out. Then theres the problem with Textures. And from what I've read with 3DMigoto you're only dealing with the baked product of all our character settings. So doing a proper skin texture, even if I was able to find it would be difficult.

But if someone with actual blender experience wanted to take a wack at it, it certainly would go faster in progress.

6 minutes ago, etsorhtt said:

@ShaolinKitsune

"I'm actually having issues Frame Dumping and I dont know why. I have to go in an write a specific shader to get anything to dump at all"

That's how it's supposed to be

Ah I see, before I must've been using the d3d.ini from DarkStarSword, before I would just dump the entire frame and be able to pick pieces out, and it would auto sort dupes.

But as long as I know that now, it'll make it easier. Thanks <3!

@etsorhtt Question.  I have two shaders that have different hash values.  EX: Head and Body.  I did a dump frame of the two shaders and both contains the same hash value in both textures.   If I have both activated at the same time one of the shader overrides the other shader texture. EX: Face texture is using the body texture when the body shader is active.  Is there a way to use both textureoverride of the same hash value without one taking over the other?

@partingfret

"Is there a way to use both textureoverride of the same hash value without one taking over the other?"

no, sadly that's not possible.

BUT you can use index/vertex buffer hash of the mesh that texture applies to instead of texture hash itself. Find ib/vb for the head/face and use its hash when replacing head texture
With the body it's tricky, since body is pieced together from many parts, you'll have to find ib or vb for every part and then apply texture for that every part in its own [TextureOverride] block

@ShaolinKitsune

I'm surprised it worked for you well before, because what it was doing is just dumping specific VV shaders DarkStarSword put there, not really an entire frame (your pc would most likely to run out of memory trying to dump everything in a frame) - I just tried dumping entire frame in small area like dojo and my game crashed after dumping 8GB of stuff, you can try it for yourself for fun:

Spoiler

add this to d3dx.ini:

[ShaderRegexEnableModsWildcardDump]

shader_model = ps_4_0 ps_5_0

if $dump_listed_shaders

dump = deferred_ctx_accurate share_dupes ps-t0 mono dds

dump = deferred_ctx_accurate share_dupes ps-t1 mono dds

dump = deferred_ctx_accurate share_dupes ps-t2 mono dds

dump = deferred_ctx_accurate share_dupes ps-t3 mono dds

analyse_options = deferred_ctx_accurate share_dupes dump_vb txt buf

dump = deferred_ctx_accurate vs-cb2 txt buf

dump = deferred_ctx_accurate ps-cb2 txt buf

endif

But now you can list specific shaders you want to dump from mods folder instead of editing d3dx.ini which ensures that you never dumping more than you need

-------------------------------------------------------------------

So far it seems like only pixel/vertex shader hashes change between different graphics options, not ib/vb
(please report if you have noticed ib/vb change too)

I'll be adding experimental toggle in next version that will check for every shader present in a frame, alleviating hassle with finding shaders for every possible combination of settings, or alleviating need for finding shaders in general really ( I can't even test/fix shaders for DLSS because I'm still on GTX1080 so no DLSS for me )

BUT that will come at significant performance cost! we talking 15-20 fps and potentially more depending on number and complexity of mods installed
We will see how it goes and how useful this option will be for people that can afford it

2 hours ago, ShaolinKitsune said:

I'm actually having issues Frame Dumping and I dont know why. I have to go in an write a specific shader to get anything to dump at all. 

However I got it working well enough to do something like this: 

Reveal hidden contents

Black:
1989770944_BlackLingerieDemo.thumb.png.0a3ed2ee0603fbd66728f3eb24475c1f.png

Pink:

1777122608_PinkLingerieDemo.thumb.png.dba3895e6164784685370b6dfe53e625.png

UPDATE: FIXED MISSING BUMPS FILE.

Thief waistguard - Panties Retextured.rar 11.88 MB · 28 downloads

Spoiler

2021-02-19_21-21-11_nioh2.thumb.png.03cbba2641ea5e87c4cedd284d63a16f.png

Spoiler

2021-02-19_21-24-20_nioh2.thumb.png.ccd7332a8379673212c5e76482b8804c.png

57 minutes ago, etsorhtt said:

@partingfret

"Is there a way to use both textureoverride of the same hash value without one taking over the other?"

no, sadly that's not possible.

BUT you can use index/vertex buffer hash of the mesh that texture applies to instead of texture hash itself. Find ib/vb for the head/face and use its hash when replacing head texture
With the body it's tricky, since body is pieced together from many parts, you'll have to find ib or vb for every part and then apply texture for that every part in its own [TextureOverride] block

Okay so I ran this, but it isn't dumping any texture files from the IB hash.  Do I have to use something different from ShaderOverride?  Is ShaderOverride for only pixel shader?

[ShaderOverrideFace]
hash = 8ab9ecf4
;run = CommandListN2General
run = CommandListN2Dump

Hhmm, thief waistguard mods only works with motion blur on btw :/ . And makes a part of the torso transparent . I was trying to combine the pink retexture with the loincloth only, but no success. Any help?
Edit: the transparent torso happens depending of the body armor
samples: 

Spoiler

20210219223406_1.jpg.4a0dd5c3f33d3af059646aed9c2e8bdb.jpg20210219223704_1.jpg.35f1d9215a340f5f7d51ad4df7369ef4.jpg

PS: Still I don't know how to make the shinobi leggins without flaps to work, no matter the settings are

@partingfret
I think we misunderstood each other, to dump something you need to list pixel or vertex shader
I thought you was asking how to inject edited textures back into the game because face/body texture share same hash and one texture will overwrite both so I wrote how to get around that in previous post (instead of using hash of texture itself, use hash of the mesh texture applies to )

3 minutes ago, etsorhtt said:

@partingfret
I think we misunderstood each other, to dump something you need to list pixel or vertex shader
I thought you was asking how to inject edited textures back after editing because face/body texture share same hash and one texture will overwrite both so I wrote how to get around that in previous post

Oh sorry, I'm an idiot.  I got it now.  Use the IB hash value in [TextureOverride] block hash.  It works now.  Thanks :D

I've been trying to remove the waist part from the shinobi waistguard and I can manage to disable the entire texture but when trying to just set transparency in the dds nothing happens in game, any ideas as to why that would be? I was using the ferryman cape mod as a sort of guide and as far as I can tell everything is set up correctly but no texture edits show up in game.

EDIT: Actually if I edit the color it shows up in game but it's transparency specifically that doesn't appear to work. Maybe it's because the original texture doesn't have any transparent parts? But it seems the dds should have transparency support so I'm not really sure if that's the issue