Nioh 2 - Modding Thread and Discussion -

I'd like to make a strange request... I'm sorry if i'm being a little over my head, but would anyone help me accomplish my dream of having a Hello Kitty-themed set? Basically making scampuss fist and sohaya deserter ears in soft pink (similar to the pink underwear on nexus https://www.nexusmods.com/nioh2/mods/24?tab=files) and if wanted to improve on it whatever chest and legs the author would feel appropriate.

Basically after i saw the weapon recolor on nexus i thought it would be possible to make it for the first time on a video game, but i have no skills or knowledge whatsoever on the matter, so i'm need of the kindness of others.

9 minutes ago, zaqwer said:

In the dump folder, look for txt files named like "000010-vb0=bcfcc36f-vs=73278b6e442d3c47-ps=2b4f1e31175e9cbc.txt" or "000010-ib=287c2a4d-vs=73278b6e442d3c47-ps=2b4f1e31175e9cbc.txt". Import either of them into Blender (with the 3DMigoto plugin), and you get the mesh. After doing any modification, export them as .vb and .ib and you are done. The hash for the mesh is in its filename too.

For some reason the Blender didn't recognize any files in it, it just empty even though I already installed the plugin.

Did I miss some step when dumping or....?

EDIT: NEVERMIND I missclick the wrong import option LMAO

I really need help on how to navigate face and body text and map.

when I see the name of the dump files, no matter what I do, the hash indeed will never change which mean that the body and the face are one same hash.

So just like yesterday, if I want to override body text and map I have to disable the face mod and vice versa.

is there any alternative to have both and both of them show up in correct places like face texture stay in face and body texture stay in body and likewise, not end up having face texture in all over body and vice versa?

1 hour ago, anaslex said:

@RexTowers274

Looking at the pants, I'd say it's probably impossible. The issue being that there is most likely nothing underneath the pants, so if you remove them, it will just be empty space and no legs. I'll check later.

No problem if it's not possible. I can just settle for a retexture of the robe if anything else. Removing the pants would've just been a cherry on top. Thanks for your effort and for responding. 

5 hours ago, anaslex said:

As requested, Onmyo Hunting Hakama without the leggings.

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.ffef284b97ecf866b91ded05f73722b6.png

I tried with motion blur on/off and DLSS on/off and it seemed to work fine. Here you go:

Onmyo Hunting Hakama.rar 8.09 kB · 29 downloads

There is, however, an issue with transparency in the crotch area. I'll see if I can do something about it.

Hide contents

image.png.4d4f0ad4494e09022af4144c207de076.png

Edit: Regrettably, there are no panties in the mesh, so I have nothing to leave over there. No suitable way to cover it up either. I could, potentially, be able to import panties from a different mesh but the texture will be borked. Still better than nothing, I guess.

Edit 2: I managed to get some panties in there to cover it up and, while it looks pretty daft, it's still better than being crotchless. Here you go:

Hide contents

image.png.a4ea86f29e632cf7f460273d2f908a38.png

Onmyo Hunting Hakama - covered crotch.rar 15.43 kB · 56 downloads

This looks great sadly I'm getting this visual glitch

2021-02-26 21-44-41.mkv 2021-02-26 21-49-52.mkv

sorry couldn't take screenshot cause I'm a dumbass

1 hour ago, RexTowers274 said:

I can just settle for a retexture of the robe if anything else.

Can't help on that account. Texture modding is more complicated (for me) and not nearly as fun.

2 minutes ago, jironimo said:

This looks great sadly I'm getting this visual glitch

Oh yikes, didn't see this coming. No clue on how to fix it :C

Was probably due to adding shit I wasn't supposed to (panties). I don't suppose it occurs without the panty "fix"?

5 minutes ago, anaslex said:

Can't help on that account. Texture modding is more complicated (for me) and not nearly as fun.

Oh yikes, didn't see this coming. No clue on how to fix it :C

Was probably due to adding shit I wasn't supposed to (panties). I don't suppose it occurs without the panty "fix"?

Ey no worries. Hopefully someone else can fill the request. Just happy someone responded at least.

@zaqwer Hey, I tried it and I got the same result- worse even

Spoiler

3zIyS0g.png

BLERGH

yOtgHKP.png

I'm sure I did something wrong but I have no idea what I did wrong, I tried to follow DarkStarSword tutorial and that's all I got.

I'm even more confused with doing the .ini file with it.

So yeah, even the weight is transferred and all, it won't work properly.

any idea though? ANYONE WHO GOOD WITH MOD OR SOMETHING PLS HELP!

12 minutes ago, RexTowers274 said:

Ey no worries. Hopefully someone else can fill the request. Just happy someone responded at least.

Hey dude, if I can make this one work if only, I would do your request anytime.

unfortunately I need guidance how to actually mod, sadly etsortth also rarely active lately I can't even ask stuff.

6 hours ago, anaslex said:

Hide contents

I tried with motion blur on/off and DLSS on/off and it seemed to work fine. Here you go:

Onmyo Hunting Hakama.rar 8.09 kB · 29 downloads

There is, however, an issue with transparency in the crotch area. I'll see if I can do something about it.

Hide contents

Edit: Regrettably, there are no panties in the mesh, so I have nothing to leave over there. No suitable way to cover it up either. I could, potentially, be able to import panties from a different mesh but the texture will be borked. Still better than nothing, I guess.

Edit 2: I managed to get some panties in there to cover it up and, while it looks pretty daft, it's still better than being crotchless. Here you go:

Hide contents

Onmyo Hunting Hakama - covered crotch.rar 15.43 kB · 56 downloads

Holy shit you're awesome. Thank you.

6 hours ago, anaslex said:

Reveal hidden contents

Onmyo Hunting Hakama.rar 8.09 kB · 30 downloads

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Onmyo Hunting Hakama - covered crotch.rar 15.43 kB · 59 downloads

HOW DID YOU MANAGE TO COVER THE PANTILESS PART?!

20 minutes ago, alpaca21 said:

@zaqwer Hey, I tried it and I got the same result- worse even

Reveal hidden contents

3zIyS0g.png

BLERGH

yOtgHKP.png

I'm sure I did something wrong but I have no idea what I did wrong, I tried to follow DarkStarSword tutorial and that's all I got.

I'm even more confused with doing the .ini file with it.

So yeah, even the weight is transferred and all, it won't work properly.

any idea though? ANYONE WHO GOOD WITH MOD OR SOMETHING PLS HELP!

Hey dude, if I can make this one work if only, I would do your request anytime.

unfortunately I need guidance how to actually mod, sadly etsortth also rarely active lately I can't even ask stuff.

Appreciate the thought. Modding isn't something I'm at all familiar with either, so I'm at the mercy of others. But really thanks for that comment. '3'b

HOW DID YOU MANAGE TO COVER THE PANTILESS PART?!

I used the panties from the thief waistguard.

Double checked your uncovered version and sure enough the visual glitch is being caused by the patched in panties you put in.

Yeah, I thought there could be issues with adding stuff where it shouldn't be. In that case this is pretty much unusable for the time being, seeing as there is no way to cover the abyss that is your crotch.

8 hours ago, zaqwer said:

Has anyone succeeded in replacing an armor mesh with something completely different?

I've been experimenting with this. As far as I can tell, here are two possible reasons for the polygon exploding problem:

1. The stride value must match what's written in your exported fmt file. I don't know what stride is, but increasing the value to 256 doesn't work.

2. You can't refer to bones that don't exist for the part you're replacing. For example, you can't replace a foot while referring to pelvis bones

I was trying to use a full body mesh with a full skeleton (eg. Revenant) as a base for exporting merged parts, but it doesn't seem to work that way.

For people who don't already know, if you're re-weighting a mesh, don't forget to clean to 0.01 and limit weights to 4.

If this game is like some others, then the full skeleton may be included in the main torso mesh. I haven't confirmed this yet. If true, that means you can probably attach other body parts to the main torso, as long as you re-weight to existing bones. Note that clothing physics parts seem to be separate hashes, so I'm guessing those use separate physics skeletons (ie. aren't included in the main body skeleton).

Another problem I've run into and can't seem to solve: if I try to replace the texture for one part of the nude body, the game applies the modified texture to all other parts (ie. not only the specified hash). Depending on the camera angle, different parts of the nude body flicker between the modified and non-modified texture. I tried to resolve this by simultaneously replacing mesh of only parts I wanted to use modified texture, but result was the same.

13 minutes ago, Torah said:

I've been experimenting with this. As far as I can tell, here are two possible reasons for the polygon exploding problem:

1. The stride value must match what's written in your exported fmt file. I don't know what stride is, but increasing the value to 256 doesn't work.

2. You can't refer to bones that don't exist for the part you're replacing. For example, you can't replace a foot while referring to pelvis bones

I was trying to use a full body mesh with a full skeleton (eg. Revenant) as a base for exporting merged parts, but it doesn't seem to work that way.

For people who don't already know, if you're re-weighting a mesh, don't forget to clean to 0.01 and limit weights to 4.

If this game is like some others, then the full skeleton may be included in the main torso mesh. I haven't confirmed this yet. If true, that means you can probably attach other body parts to the main torso, as long as you re-weight to existing bones. Note that clothing physics parts seem to be separate hashes, so I'm guessing those use separate physics skeletons (ie. aren't included in the main body skeleton).

Another problem I've run into and can't seem to solve: if you try to replace the texture for one part of the nude body, the game will apply the modified texture to all other parts (ie. not only the specified hash). Depending on the camera angle, different parts of the nude body will flicker between the modified and non-modified texture. Tried to resolve this by simultaneously replacing mesh of only the parts I wanted to use the modified texture, but result was the same.

I don't even know if you speak english anymore, I'm so dumb at this sorry.

but about that stride part- yeah, just open the .fmt file with notepad or notepad+++ and you got your stride and that is the only thing I know, the rest sound like alien language for me. ?

So, hypothetically speaking, how long till we can get any model replacement in more easier manner? because I'm so stoked but also disappointed on myself for don't understanding anything whatsoever. (I don't even know what blender is until yesterday LOL)

Alright, so I've edited those leggings again and this time I actually modelled the pants themselves into panties. It took a fair bit of fiddling because they were baggy AF and I had to fit them to the character properly. It's very far from perfect but it does work, kind of. There will most likely be issues with different sized characters than mine though.

Spoiler

image.png.87c06e66f806099ed6cf10f846cb24f3.pngimage.png.f0b82a5bbc408fef4d37edcc1bffd359.png

Onmyo Hunting Hakama - covered crotch v2.rar

Dunno. I'm also hoping someone will make tools to modify the game directly instead of replacing shader stuff.

This is my first time modding with 3DMigoto too, I just have experience modding other stuff. Don't worry about not understanding, we all gotta start somewhere.

To elaborate, when you import the ib/vb into Blender, it also imports the weights as vertex groups. Weights define how much each vertex is assigned to each skeletal bone, for animation purposes. But this method doesn't import the skeleton, so the vertex groups are listed as numbers. We can guess which vertex group is which bone by going into weight mode (select object and hit ctrl+tab) and cycling through groups to see how each group is weighted. For example, if the group makes the arm light up red, then that must refer to an arm bone.

So you can't just paste models together, you also have to update the weights to match whatever you're replacing. In Blender you can use Transfer Weights to copy weights (set to by name), but you'll probably still need to clean up the results manually.

If the model you're attaching is already weighted, you can rename its vertex groups (ie. weights) to match the target's vertex groups. But you'd still need to know which groups are which bones. For example, if your new model is weighted to a vertex group named "body", you'd need to look for the body bone in the model you want to attach to. Then you'd need to note the number of that vertex group, for example "3". Then you rename "body" to "3" in the other model.

19 minutes ago, Torah said:

Dunno. I'm also hoping someone will make tools to modify the game directly instead of replacing shader stuff.

This is my first time modding with 3DMigoto too, I just have experience modding other stuff. Don't worry about not understanding, we all gotta start somewhere.

To elaborate, when you import the ib/vb into Blender, it also imports the weights as vertex groups. Weights define how much each vertex is assigned to each skeletal bone, for animation purposes. But this method doesn't import the skeleton, so the vertex groups are listed as numbers. We can guess which vertex group is which bone by going into weight mode (select object and hit ctrl+tab) and cycling through groups to see how each group is weighted. For example, if the group makes the arm light up red, then that must refer to an arm bone.

So you can't just paste models together, you also have to update the weights to match whatever you're replacing. In Blender you can use Transfer Weights to copy weights (set to by name), but you'll probably still need to clean up the results manually.

If the model you're attaching is already weighted, you can rename its vertex groups (ie. weights) to match the target's vertex groups. But you'd still need to know which groups are which bones. For example, if your new model is weighted to a vertex group named "body", you'd need to look for the body bone in the model you want to attach to. Then you'd need to note the number of that vertex group, for example "3". Then you rename "body" to "3" in the other model.

So I can't just transfer the vertex group stuff on it? I mean weight stuff?

Damn, I have no clue how 3D modeling works.