Toys Poll  

859 members have voted

1. 1. The most important feature in Toys is...

• The toys themselves
    • Toys Effects & Buffs, incl. transformation & unique escape methods
    • Toys "Love" features... Rousing, Fondle, Denial, Oversexed, Spontaneous Orgasm
    • Animations... Bound, Blind Fall, Spontaneous Orgasm, Signing, & Other
  2. 2. When using Toys, I normally have...

• Only Toys Framework installed
    • Toys + DD installed
    • Toys + ZAP installed
    • Toys + ZAP + DD installed

22 hours ago, inviz.t said:

Quick question, how well does the option to since arousal with SLA work? I'm using it in game and was wondering if there's a way to prevent squirting unless the player orgasms via SLA. Other than that one thing, I love everything this mod adds, and I regret holding off trying it for so long!

A bit too well IMHO, the problem is that many versions of SLA suffer from 'runaway arousal' in many cases, which also transfers to rousing in T&L then. I'm not 100% sure how the syncing works, but I guess it's either any changes from either mod is applied to both arousal and rousing (most likely) or SLA wins.
I'm not sure if it will do what you are looking for though. It really only syncs the arousal/rousing levels, not anything else (far as I'm aware). So T&L would be unaware of any orgasms. Those aren't handled in SLA anyway, that happens in Sexlab or SLSO. SLA only registers that an actor had an orgasm and then adjust arousal accordingly. So T&L, via syncing with SLA would only notice a drop in arousal, but not know what caused it. To that end T&L would also have to monitor others mods like the mentioned Sexlab or SLSO (unless there is an independent orgasm event that can be monitored separately).

Edited by Talesien

I am having scene load times upwards to five minutes. I have a time mod that makes skyrim day longer... Is Toys ond love not compatable with time changes... All im looking for are shorter scenes. These are so long I can get a shower inbetween them and itll still be going.

1 hour ago, haroldg said:

I unintall the mod and now i had a problem, the game spam "The MAiden has escaped"

De-installing a mod is never a good idea (unless you start a new game of course or the mod does not contain an esp, esl or esm, pure texture or skse mods are the exception to the rule). De-installing a massive framework like this is a pretty sure fire way to bork your save. You can try and use a save cleaner, that might remove the immediate symptoms, but in the long run, you may still encounter problems.

Edited by Talesien
  • 4 weeks later...

How do I uninstall this? 

I used Vortex to remove it and even after waiting 24 hours, the arousal and self pleasuring scripts are still being triggered. The very thing I got rid of the mod for. 

9 hours ago, Darsie said:

How do I uninstall this? 

I used Vortex to remove it and even after waiting 24 hours, the arousal and self pleasuring scripts are still being triggered. The very thing I got rid of the mod for. 

Well, for one it's highly unadvisable to uninstall a massive master like this, it WILL mess up your save, only question how and in what way that will manifest.
Second, if you do it anyway, you will need to clean your save, like with: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/5031

Third, not sure what your issue with the rousing scripts is, if you disable them being synchronized with arousal (i.e. some sexlab arousal mod), they should not do much. Likewise, the fondling, etc. can be disabled in the T&L MCM.

I've been enjoying the mod a lot so far. I think that the Rousing widget is a much more helpful way of keeping track of player arousal than SLA does. I enjoy that Toyful Temptations has a much quieter way of equipping toys than DCL does with its loud explosions that manage to jump scare me constantly. I also found the quests somewhat interesting so far, though I think some of them could use a bit more customization (I'd love an option to turn off any dancing bear celebration related to the bear follower).

In general, I'd say that this modpack's huge leg up over DD is its cleaner/more readable MCMs and mechanics. Comparing this with DD, I'd say that this mod functions a lot better than any of my DD setups have but I do miss out on some things from DD. In particular, I wish this modpack had more toyboxes that imitate DD devices (mostly any of the latex or catsuit options, though I can see how they'd be hard to get working with other toypack toys). I also think some content that has been made for DD is sorely missed for T&L, such as Devious Followers, Devious Lore, and Devious Cursed Loot (specifically the follower/quest and assault mechanics, not the Toyful Temptations adjacent mechanics, I feel like DCL is too bloated and should be made separate mods honestly).

All-in-all I haven't gotten too far into this modpack and what it has to offer. It could just be that its a slower burn than similar stuff I've messed with in DD.

In terms of issues, I've only had some very minor ones that are mostly ignorable. The first relates to first person camera unarmed combat when the Hardcore mode of the wrist toys has been procced. I don't mind being forced to engage in unarmed combat but the viewmodel in first person still shows fists. I assume this is fixed with some other first person combat mods but maybe its something I'm missing/configured wrong here. I've also had issues with any cum graphics appearing, though this could be due to conflicts with SLA, SlaveTats, or just plain user error when it comes to configuring the mod.

Keep up the great work and thanks for all you've done!

• 2 weeks later...

There seems to be an issue when using in combination with other mods that will do a cover self when naked animation (like sex lab sexual fame, deviously cursed loot, etc) where once the animation triggers, the toys scene till continue playing without animating the player, instead player is standing and stuck in the cover animation.

Disabling them in all mods fixes them, but there are at least 3 mods that do this so make sure to disable all of them.

In the MCM, disable these

Cursed Loot > Miscellaneous Options > Allow cover animation

Sex Lab - Sexual Fame > Base settings > Shame Effect

There's apparently one in EVG Conditional Idles as well, but I don't have that installed, so not sure exactly how to locate it.

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, maoczedun said:

Maybe there's someone here from Disсord? Or someone else can tell me if everything is ok with the author of the mod or if the support was just stopped?

Wondering the same, far as I can tell VirginMarie simply 'vanished'. If due to losing interest and moving to other games, or due to real live stuff happening, no clue.

Does not look good on Discord. Someone has spammed the shit out of Toys discord site with advertisement link. No activity but spam since about 7/30. Zaira creator of Maria Eden has a section for Maria Eden on the Toys Discord. Has any one heard from him??? Maybe he will know. I believe he is from Russia so the war problems maybe effecting their participation.

16 hours ago, BigOnes69 said:

Does not look good on Discord. Someone has spammed the shit out of Toys discord site with advertisement link. No activity but spam since about 7/30. Zaira creator of Maria Eden has a section for Maria Eden on the Toys Discord. Has any one heard from him??? Maybe he will know. I believe he is from Russia so the war problems maybe effecting their participation.

Zaira is German and IIRC VirginMarie is Canadian. So neither should be effected too much by any ongoing conflicts (that said Canada has the largest number of Ukrainians or better people with Ukrainian roots outside of Russia and Ukraine itself).
Last, thing I heard from Zaira was that he decided to use the Ostim suite for the sex scenes of the ME reboot as T&L didn't afford him the amount of control he wanted. That might not have gone down too well with Virgin Marie and perhaps the reason why he left her discord. That said I've not seen anything from either since summer. Zaira was on LL just last Saturday, so I shoot him a message to find out if he knows anything.

• 1 month later...

No, it's not - it is kind of target for spam.

The fact that T&L got some severe bugs that likely never being fixed, I have planned to drop T&L for my mods. Back to Sexlab and own functions for toys since ZAP is broken and DD too intrusive.

After studying T&L's code base extensively, I have come to the conclusion that I will not be doing T&L Maintenance.

Yes - that was the plan - until the new Skyrim version came out and fucked up my whole setup. Now I am so tired and thinking on giving up.

Additionally, since I played the new avatar game I changed my thoughts about the quality that can be reached by pimping up Skyim, it looks so outdated now that I lost a lot of motivation.

Edited by zaira
1 hour ago, zaira said:

No, it's not - it is kind of target for spam.

The fact that T&L got some severe bugs that likely never being fixed, I have planned to drop T&L for my mods. Back to Sexlab and own functions for toys since ZAP is broken and DD too intrusive.

After studying T&L's code base extensively, I have come to the conclusion that I will not be doing T&L Maintenance.

Yes - that was the plan - until the new Skyrim version came out and fucked up my whole setup. Now I am so tired and thinking on giving up.

Additionally, since I played the new avatar game I changed my thoughts about the quality that can be reached by pimping up Skyim, it looks so outdated now that I lost a lot of motivation.

Sad to hear, I've been truly looking forward to a new version of ME. The problem with most other games out there, is that few, if any are as moddable as Skyrim is. Even Starfield has major shortcoming that make modding it to any meaningful extent pretty problematic. Perhaps Bethesda will fix that (might need to in order to publish any expansion), but for other games the chances are slim to get anything close to the modding scene Skyrim enjoys.
Dunno if I find Skyrim that outdated looking, once you installed a couple hundred mods and an ENB to pimp it, it still holds it own IMHO. No competitor for the crown, but not that bad either.

On 11/4/2023 at 4:58 PM, Talesien said:

Got a response from Zaira, but afraid he did not have any further contact with VirginMarie either, nor any method beyond here or Discord to contact her.

I hope everything is OK with Marie. I've been away for a while and am still catching up on things... but I'd be really sad if she's left the community :( 

Hoping someone can help cause I’ve exhausted all the stuff I can find. I installed this and all the requirements but the test continues to fail and I get an error message when it first loads in a new game. At first I was getting a jcontainer error when I launched the game itself, but I installed an earlier version of jcontainer and that error went away, but it didn’t fix the mod in game. Is there a specific version I need of jcontainer or anything else I can try?

1 hour ago, Kievs said:

Hoping someone can help cause I’ve exhausted all the stuff I can find. I installed this and all the requirements but the test continues to fail and I get an error message when it first loads in a new game. At first I was getting a jcontainer error when I launched the game itself, but I installed an earlier version of jcontainer and that error went away, but it didn’t fix the mod in game. Is there a specific version I need of jcontainer or anything else I can try?

Well, first question is what game version are you running? I'm still on 1.6.640, so I've no idea if T&L works with the new 1.6.1130 (I assume it does though, as T&L is largely independent of the game version, that does not extend to all its requirements though. At any rate a better error description would be useful. Like what exactly did the jcontainer error say? What version of jcontainer did you use and what version are you using now?
You did exhaust all options mentioned on the relevantFAQ page? (https://virginmarie1.wixsite.com/toys/post/effects-animation-scenes-not-working-use-steps-here-to-fix-your-installation-if-the-test-in-mcm)

Edited by Talesien
  • 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Vladel said:

Mod looks amazing however i restarted my game as the site said but the mod would not install. Then removing it broke my games behaviors and everyone was frozen.

Everyone frozen means you need to rerun FNIS or Nemesis, whatever you use.
Also, after installing this mod you do not need to "restart the game" you need to start a new game (i.e. start over and make a new char). You can try and add the mod to your existing save, but it's unlikely to work well, that's the price for the large amount of stuff this mod does.