Toys Poll  

859 members have voted

1. 1. The most important feature in Toys is...

• The toys themselves
    • Toys Effects & Buffs, incl. transformation & unique escape methods
    • Toys "Love" features... Rousing, Fondle, Denial, Oversexed, Spontaneous Orgasm
    • Animations... Bound, Blind Fall, Spontaneous Orgasm, Signing, & Other
  2. 2. When using Toys, I normally have...

• Only Toys Framework installed
    • Toys + DD installed
    • Toys + ZAP installed
    • Toys + ZAP + DD installed

28 minutes ago, adamthefool said:

This is a bug I have checked and confirmed.  I'm using the latest version of SLA (29) and that is NOT the problem as I point out in the post.  I'm also not using any other mod that is messing with SLA Arousal (maybe other than SexLab itself).  By turning SLA Timerate to zero the snow-balling is gone for good.

There are more problems that involve SLA Sync that I'm still checking. (Mainly about ToysArousalDate Function)

• What are the steps to recreate? If you are reporting a bug, then this is where we start
  • With that I can confirm if there is actually a bug, or it's working as intended. I would also need it to fix and test
  • What are you expecting it to do? How do you think it works? This needs to be known to make the steps you use to test. I give explanation below
  • Example for testing... what is the arousal level in SLA at the time of the possible bug? If its the same as Rousing in Toys, then it's sync'd and working as intended
  • Are you a mod author, working on a mod? 

Example: SLA arousal is currently 50. If Rousing increases by 10, Toys calls GetActorArousal(), takes the 50. Adds 10. Sets Arousal to 60, and Rousing in T&L also to 60. We are now sync'd till next polling. Toys does not care about time factor or anything else when doing this. 

GetActorArousal() simply returns the current arousal level. Nothing more. There's a time factor involved when SLA calculates, but Toys&Love does not need to know about it, or use it. If SLA's current arousal level is 90, then Rousing will be set to 90, plus or minus any contribution from Toys. That is all. Very simple.

SLA is well known for quick jumps in arousal, for example, if you fast travel, your arousal jumps up, and this to me is bad design. This is an example of sudden increase based on time factor where it should not be, but Toys is working as intended because SLA did indeed jump the arousal up fast. This is why I made Rousing in Toys&Love separate and independent, giving you the option to NOT sync, and let Rousing be it's own thing.

3 hours ago, VirginMarie said:
  • What are the steps to recreate? If you are reporting a bug, then this is where we start
  • With that I can confirm if there is actually a bug, or it's working as intended. I would also need it to fix and test
  • What are you expecting it to do? How do you think it works? This needs to be known to make the steps you use to test. I give explanation below
  • Example for testing... what is the arousal level in SLA at the time of the possible bug? If its the same as Rousing in Toys, then it's sync'd and working as intended
  • Are you a mod author, working on a mod? 

Example: SLA arousal is currently 50. If Rousing increases by 10, Toys calls GetActorArousal(), takes the 50. Adds 10. Sets Arousal to 60, and Rousing in T&L also to 60. We are now sync'd till next polling. Toys does not care about time factor or anything else when doing this. 

GetActorArousal() simply returns the current arousal level. Nothing more. There's a time factor involved when SLA calculates, but Toys&Love does not need to know about it, or use it. If SLA's current arousal level is 90, then Rousing will be set to 90, plus or minus any contribution from Toys. That is all. Very simple.

SLA is well known for quick jumps in arousal, for example, if you fast travel, your arousal jumps up, and this to me is bad design. This is an example of sudden increase based on time factor where it should not be, but Toys is working as intended because SLA did indeed jump the arousal up fast. This is why I made Rousing in Toys&Love separate and independent, giving you the option to NOT sync, and let Rousing be it's own thing.

Sorry if I sound bad mannered, my apologies.  

This becomes a big issue especially when you are having a high TimeRate and/or you spent a lot of time into the game.  (I do not think ToysArousalDate() correctly rewrite orgasm time, which is an issue I'm still checking)  The situation is as follow:

SLA arousal is 58.  Rousing increases by 2, Toys calls GetActorArousal() and takes that 58, then add 2 to make it 60.  That value is written into EXPOSURE.  Then I press N (SLA Hotkey) to check Arousal, the Arousal is 72, cause D*TimeRate as int = 12, while Rousing is 60.

Thus next time the game tries to Sync, 72 is taken form SLA, instead of 60.

You can retry this process by using a high TimeRate to see if that is true.  As for what I am expecting, let us say I just want it to work if I have time rate turns on (though I might not).

If 12 is subtracted from 60 before it being written into Exposure, Arousal will be correctly 60.

As for the last question: no, I'm not a mod author, at least not yet.  I just begin downloading mods for the game recently and your mod caught my eye.  The mod is interesting and good quality in general.  I just hope it can work to its best. 

6 hours ago, adamthefool said:

This becomes a big issue especially when you are having a high TimeRate and/or you spent a lot of time into the game.  (I do not think ToysArousalDate() correctly rewrite orgasm time, which is an issue I'm still checking)  The situation is as follow:

SLA arousal is 58.  Rousing increases by 2, Toys calls GetActorArousal() and takes that 58, then add 2 to make it 60.  That value is written into EXPOSURE.  Then I press N (SLA Hotkey) to check Arousal, the Arousal is 72, cause D*TimeRate as int = 12, while Rousing is 60.

This is working as intended. There is no bug. That's how SLA works.

Nothing to do with Toys&Love. I can't stop SLA from increasing Arousal, beyond what Toys is doing, as that's it role. Toys&Love is not the only contributor to arousal increase.

ToysArousalDate() is only used by the mod SLaVE (as far as I'm aware). Thus unless you are doing SLaVE scenes, it's completely inactive, and not a factor.

38 minutes ago, VirginMarie said:

This is working as intended. There is no bug. That's how SLA works.

Nothing to do with Toys&Love. I can't stop SLA from increasing Arousal, beyond what Toys is doing, as that's it role. Toys&Love is not the only contributor to arousal increase.

ToysArousalDate() is only used by the mod SLaVE (as far as I'm aware). Thus unless you are doing SLaVE scenes, it's completely inactive, and not a factor.

I still don't think that is how it is suppose to be (i.e. I think there are some misunderstanding about how SLA arousal system works) and as I stated in the post, if D*TimeRate is subtracted in advance, Arousal and Rousing can be fully synchronized. (In theory, that is.  And I can show you the code I intend to use to fix the problem if you want.  I won't promise that will work though, cause as I stated I have no experience in modding.)

However, this is your mod and I do not want you to feel like I am making you change something.  If your answer is no and decide that is final, I won't bring that up again.  I will feel content with set TimeRate to zero or just simply not use SLA at all.

1 hour ago, adamthefool said:

I still don't think that is how it is suppose to be (i.e. I think there are some misunderstanding about how SLA arousal system works) and as I stated in the post, if D*TimeRate is subtracted in advance, Arousal and Rousing can be fully synchronized. (In theory, that is.  And I can show you the code I intend to use to fix the problem if you want.  I won't promise that will work though, cause as I stated I have no experience in modding.)

However, this is your mod and I do not want you to feel like I am making you change something.  If your answer is no and decide that is final, I won't bring that up again.  I will feel content with set TimeRate to zero or just simply not use SLA at all.

I don't want to spend any more time on it. "simply not use SLA at all" sounds good to me :D

1 hour ago, adamthefool said:

Did you try a different SLA? I've not encountered that problem with either SexLab Aroused Modular 0.51a nor with OSL Aroused. So it might be limited to the venerable SLA by Fishburger, which saw the last update 5 years ago I think?

15 hours ago, Talesien said:

Did you try a different SLA? I've not encountered that problem with either SexLab Aroused Modular 0.51a nor with OSL Aroused. So it might be limited to the venerable SLA by Fishburger, which saw the last update 5 years ago I think?

I guess this is an issue specific to SLA Redux by Fishburger caused by that Exposure-TimeRate thing.  As I promised I won't go any further about that and at least we all agree (I hope so) that it does not work well with Toys, whatever the cause is.

OSL Aroused is something I am aware of.  On the other hand, SexLab Aroused Modular 0.51a is some thing I've never heard of.  What is that?

3 hours ago, adamthefool said:

I guess this is an issue specific to SLA Redux by Fishburger caused by that Exposure-TimeRate thing.  As I promised I won't go any further about that and at least we all agree (I hope so) that it does not work well with Toys, whatever the cause is.

OSL Aroused is something I am aware of.  On the other hand, SexLab Aroused Modular 0.51a is some thing I've never heard of.  What is that?

Original mod (LE), there is an update to 0.51 somewhere in the support thread:  https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/14734-sexlab-aroused-modular-edition/
SE conversion: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/155409-sexlab-aroused-modular-edition/?do=findComment&comment=3265830
If you use DD5 (and only if you use it), you might also want the unofficial updated scripts: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/155409-sexlab-aroused-modular-edition/?do=findComment&comment=3340233 (not 100% certain they are still good for DD5.2, didn't use SLAM for a while).

• 4 weeks later...

Help! After an orgasm the rousing goes up to at least halfway before the love scene is even done, causing a new spontaneous orgasm scene way too often. I have tried to search the settings, but I can't find it. I have tweaked the frequency of fondling, to make the rise of the meter take longer, but with the meter never being empty, it's really a constant issue. I have all the big TOY-mods except hot&cold.

7 minutes ago, Lisette11 said:

Help! After an orgasm the rousing goes up to at least halfway before the love scene is even done, causing a new spontaneous orgasm scene way too often. I have tried to search the settings, but I can't find it. I have tweaked the frequency of fondling, to make the rise of the meter take longer, but with the meter never being empty, it's really a constant issue. I have all the big TOY-mods except hot&cold.

Do you have rousing synced to SLA arousal perhaps? If yes, try without syncing.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking in bodyslide for the yoke and cant find it. just having issues where hands wont rest on the bar unless both fighting stance and walking/running. ran fnis, on 3ba, new save. went from DD to here cuz i had the same problem with arm binder and yoke as well. 

10 hours ago, Xilir said:

Looking in bodyslide for the yoke and cant find it. just having issues where hands wont rest on the bar unless both fighting stance and walking/running. ran fnis, on 3ba, new save. went from DD to here cuz i had the same problem with arm binder and yoke as well. 

It's not a bodyslide issue. 

The yoke is not bodyslided, thus you won't find it.

The issue is FNIS related. The animations are not being found to play.

Either a DAR mod is conflicting, or it's maybe related to this... Is Nemesis supported?

3 hours ago, Ria Lund said:

There a way to disable Red Burst effect from Oversexed? or just disable the force. It's annoying when it just messes up interiors

How to Change Explosion/Visual Effects

4 hours ago, VirginMarie said:

It's not a bodyslide issue. 

The yoke is not bodyslided, thus you won't find it.

The issue is FNIS related. The animations are not being found to play.

Either a DAR mod is conflicting, or it's maybe related to this... Is Nemesis supported?

Is there a way to check in something like sseedit? or something MO2 might be able to point out? Also not running Nemesis yet.

Edited by Xilir
Added more to reflect previous link
13 minutes ago, Xilir said:

Is there a way to check in something like sseedit? or something MO2 might be able to point out?

No. This is FNIS related, and those tools have no insight into what FNIS is doing.

If you have a DAR based mod, try disabling it to see if it's the cause. You would need to re-generate FNIS as part of that test.

If you do have Nemesis, its very likely the cause. I can't help beyond the link I gave you above.

Otherwise you are looking at FNIS... does FNIS report any error when you re-generate? If so solve that.

1 hour ago, VirginMarie said:

No. This is FNIS related, and those tools have no insight into what FNIS is doing.

If you have a DAR based mod, try disabling it to see if it's the cause. You would need to re-generate FNIS as part of that test.

If you do have Nemesis, its very likely the cause. I can't help beyond the link I gave you above.

Otherwise you are looking at FNIS... does FNIS report any error when you re-generate? If so solve that.

Thank you so much for your timely responses. i completely overlooked my Overwrite folder in mo2. cleared it and re ran everything and its working flawlessly. Love this mod and appreciate u!

50 minutes ago, Ria Lund said:

I use DAR idle animations and the animation for when your hands are tied don't work. Anyway to make it that it'll work with DAR? or maybe any solution to make it work? Thanks

Other than don't use that mod, no.

2 hours ago, VirginMarie said:

Other than don't use that mod, no.

Not good advice, that mod is essential for any modern Skyrim Setup IMHO. It's more time for Sexmods to mature up and start using DAR (or better the soon-to-be publicly published Open Animation Replacer) themselves.
That said I use DAR (ok OAR, but doesn't matter) and my tied animations all work. If DAR idles break them, add a condition to them that checks for the relevant Toys/DD's keywords, disabling the idle if found, pretty simple.

Any general guide to the quests?  Having trouble with the three statue things with Nightly.  Nighty?  Y'know.  :D

Or a general guide to making this work with Immersive & Epic, if such exists?  No worries, just checking.

12 hours ago, Mobutu said:

Any general guide to the quests?  Having trouble with the three statue things with Nightly.  Nighty?  Y'know.  :D

Or a general guide to making this work with Immersive & Epic, if such exists?  No worries, just checking.

No. And you've not given me anything specific to answer.

This might be related... Simultaneous Orgasm? (updated with hints)

That is helpful, yes.

I'm on the second, middle statue, "test of denial."  I think I'm basically starting too oversexed to succeed, and nothing is making that any better with the toys.  Keep winding up back in the cage.  

Buddy tried to just skip that and come back to it, went to Winterhold / Mage College and had one hell of a time doing anything with the toys constantly, y'know, going off.  So I'm trying to like finish everything in Nightly / Nighty's area first?  Want to just work through this entire quest line, to be done with it once I start actually adventuring.

As to second question, looking at mod list now and seeing if I can figure it out.  

Also:  There is mention of needing the optional survival / camping mods for the quests to work.  I'd rather *not* mess with that, but if required, welp.  That said, the comment is not clear on that at all.  Any advice appreciated.