For those with issues placing inside:

1.  It requires a ridiculously high ceiling, like at least 3 stories high.  This to me is a huge issue as its almost 3 times the height of the pole and it counts as a physical object even 3 floors up so it can impede movement on another floor.

2.  Get a place anywhere mod, it removes the issue of not placing indoors, but still have the high pole object shit

The poles are still working great so I tried the Working Hours mod.  Now the pole dancers stay awake all night but they stop dancing during sleep hours and the bartender is asleep in bed.  Is there anything special that I needed to do after installing and activating the Working Hours mod?

I don't know if it matters but the location is a raider base at The Slog and the dancers and bartender are all slaves created using the Just Business mod.

On 2/18/2021 at 1:17 PM, GrimGrim31 said:

2)  The settler that I assigned to a second pole doesn't try to sell me drinks.  Instead, she is now a doctor and provides healing servicers.  I guess she pole danced her way through medical school.

Hey kudos to making this a  super realistic stripper pole.   I keep telling myself that I helped at least a whole hospital's worth of doctors and nurses get their medical degree, one dollar at a time.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/21/2021 at 1:54 PM, blaqk_soul said:

I have all the required mods for this (even aaf and savagecabbage), but aaf doesn't detect the poles. I set a pole, get as close as I can to it, and go from there, but it's not appearing on the objects to be used list anywhere.

Something I'm doing wrong?

I grabbed the work hours option as well and had no issue.  One thing that I did do by accident was restart the game after the first time I placed the poles because they were not showing up.    That might be a fix but I would not understand how if that suggestion works for you.     BTW, it took several minutes (about 5) for the actor select to pop up the first time (after the restart), but other than a potential overwrite issue (i.e. your plugin list), your situation is odd with AAF coming up .

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/22/2021 at 6:38 PM, steelpanther24 said:

Not sure what you mean, is there an issue with the animation not starting or something else?

First of all I am using the translator. What I meant to say is that the NPCs become invisible (They are not seen), (the animations do work but, of what use if the NPC ceases to "exist" XD)

In this image you can see the error I have.

https://ibb.co/3pkfKZj

Thank you very much. Excellent work!

All we need now is an idle mat with the standing-male-masturbation animation for the spectators! (hint, hint ? )

Edit: The WORK HOURS mod doesn't work for me. I am in the habit of using the console to individually "setpv bwork24hours 1" all my barkeepers and entertainers anyway, and was hoping WORK HOURS would do that instead, but it doesn't. It leaves their "bwork24hours" status as false.

On 4/1/2021 at 11:38 PM, Anionmus said:

First of all I am using the translator. What I meant to say is that the NPCs become invisible (They are not seen), (the animations do work but, of what use if the NPC ceases to "exist" XD)

In this image you can see the error I have.

https://ibb.co/3pkfKZj

Ok, now I understand.    When the animation starts, it strips everything from the avatar.    I will assume that you are not in "builder mode" when  you do all this, right?   To assign someone to dance, you only go into the AAF menu (do not be in builder mode) pressing the "home" key.     Then you will need to select the actor with the pgdn pgup keys, then select the object you with them to animate on.    

Now, if you did all that above, then the error might be that you are running a mod that uses a clothes layer as the body (i.e. the "skin" is worn as a set of underwear or something like that).   As the animation strips the avatar on the pole down to nothing, this may be the reason it is disappearing.    In the AAF menu, you should see an option for inventory, which will allow you to add layers of clothes back on.    Here is a screen shot with AAF up and running at the Red Seat and my Nora dancing.

Spoiler

20210402235816_1.jpg.9a79361991a6ae88274e70ca68d61dd3.jpg

Hey so i am having a issue and i am not 100% sure if it is this mod or just some base game bullshit bethesda has pulled but anyway i assigned marcy long to the pole from your mod and she does become a barkeep but she won't actully use the pole and she just walks around how do i fix this.

also i do have aaf and savagecabbage animations so i should have everything i need from what i can see. but i am also using MO2 if that could be the issue i have only ever had a issue with a mod not working with MO2 once before and it was because i fucked up and was not really MO2 fault.

9 hours ago, WolfPack51942 said:

Hey so i am having a issue and i am not 100% sure if it is this mod or just some base game bullshit bethesda has pulled but anyway i assigned marcy long to the pole from your mod and she does become a barkeep but she won't actully use the pole and she just walks around how do i fix this.

also i do have aaf and savagecabbage animations so i should have everything i need from what i can see. but i am also using MO2 if that could be the issue i have only ever had a issue with a mod not working with MO2 once before and it was because i fucked up and was not really MO2 fault.

That is a bit more complex (maybe) as I am wondering if you built a bar first or the stripper pole first.   I did not build a bar, just the stripper pole.   

Can you assign your own avatar to the stripper pole and it works?  

17 hours ago, steelpanther24 said:

That is a bit more complex (maybe) as I am wondering if you built a bar first or the stripper pole first.   I did not build a bar, just the stripper pole.   

Can you assign your own avatar to the stripper pole and it works?  

i built a warehouse that i put the poles in and yes i can assign my avatar to it and i decided to do a test to see if it was because it was inside so i put one outside and she did not go use it but in one of my other settelments i have a settler who is willing to use the poles so i am starting to think it might just be a line of code that the devs have put in for marcy long so she won't use it because i also noticed that she can't be moved to a diffrent settlement and she also can't be used to make trade routes ever.

On 4/16/2021 at 2:44 AM, WolfPack51942 said:

i built a warehouse that i put the poles in and yes i can assign my avatar to it and i decided to do a test to see if it was because it was inside so i put one outside and she did not go use it but in one of my other settelments i have a settler who is willing to use the poles so i am starting to think it might just be a line of code that the devs have put in for marcy long so she won't use it because i also noticed that she can't be moved to a diffrent settlement and she also can't be used to make trade routes ever.

That has not been my experience, as Marcy was my first test stripper, but what I was wondering was if there was an open nearby job (i.e. a food and drink stand), that she defaulted to.    I noticed that with Homemaker, I can't trade with anyone assigned to a vendor (I have to reassign them to crops), so that is why I was thinking it is a conflict between Homemaker.  

Bottom line, I thought it was an easy fix, but what you describe suggests it is a "weird coding event", and not a bug per say.   The designer or the AAF author would be the next stop.....if they are still active here.

• 2 months later...

Great mod!  Animations work perfectly.  But the strippers (and bar keeps) are still leaving for bed at midnight even with Work Hours installed.  Both plugins are near the end of my load order, just before Armorsmith and Start me up.  

Any troubleshooting suggestions?

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/22/2021 at 4:23 PM, GrimGrim31 said:

The poles are still working great so I tried the Working Hours mod.  Now the pole dancers stay awake all night but they stop dancing during sleep hours and the bartender is asleep in bed.  Is there anything special that I needed to do after installing and activating the Working Hours mod?

I don't know if it matters but the location is a raider base at The Slog and the dancers and bartender are all slaves created using the Just Business mod.

In order to have them dance all the time, I added the property   

propertyname bWork24Hours
Type Bool
Flags Edited
Bool True

underneath the VMAD - Virtual Machine Adapter > Scripts (Sorted) > Properties by using xedit (FOEdit).  I'll put in a screen shot to make it more clear what this looks like.  I don't know how to make a patch, I just edited the Alex_Stripper_Pole_2.esp directly.  I tested it yesterday and the settler that is on the pole danced all night and day.  I don't know if I will have to reassign my other dancers, but will edit my post if anything else is needed to get this to work.

Adding this property should work for other furniture in other mods as well, unless something overrides it.  You can add this to one or more of the poles, or all of them, depending what you want.  Just make sure to give your dancers plenty of water so they stay hydrated while dancing 24 hours straight!!  ;)

Maybe someone else can make this an actual patch.  I can upload my edited esp file here if I'm allowed to.

Cheers

Spoiler

bWork24Hours.png

Edited by Marg597
Placed screenshot into spoiler tag

So far the 24 hour changes I made above are working.  Every once in a while the dancer will move away from the pole but it is much less frequent.  they tend to dance most of the day and night now.  I did end up re-assigning one of the original ones to something else and back again because she was just standing there, but doing that seems to have fixed it.

One issue I am tracking down now is a strange audio glitch that sounds like a cross between an audio pop and a walkie talkie noise.  sort of an annoying bwamp sound at a seemingly regular interval.  So far the only culprit I have found is by removing stripper pole 2 from the settlement.  Poles 3 and 4 confirmed working fine.  I'll do some more testing tomorrow to see if it's just pole 2.  It is happening in a couple settlements, and the common theme is that I placed 1 of each of the poles and am also using glass structures from the SOE mod.  Today I started doing some actual troubleshooting on why the noise was happening and ended up narrowing it down to pole 2.  Curious if anyone else hears this weird sound.  Wonder if it's somehow being caused by that poles animation.  I tested with the original unedited esp and the edit I made, and the noise was alleviated by removing pole 2 on both.

Edit: The other testing I did before I found the pole workaround, was I turned each volume slider down 1 by 1 until I only had the main volume turned up, and the sound still occurred.

Edited by Marg597
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/24/2021 at 1:02 PM, KicklerOfButts said:

Is there any way to reduce the ridiculously high ceiling the poles need to be placed down? I'm trying to make a stripper stage in my vault and already have a 3-stories-tall atrium but even that is apparently not enough.

To @AlexW95:

I've seen a few different folks make comments regarding placement restrictions - like the one quoted above - here in the thread but with no feedback from you, the author. I'll admit, this leaves me doubting whether it is an intended feature or an unintended bug. Either way, I'm sure the people using this mod would appreciate a comment from you on whether it's by design or not. If it isn't an intentional feature/limitation, could it be a bug from the pre-requisite animation mod?

Anyway, I hope I don't come off as rude or demanding. It genuinely seems like a great mod that fills a void for those of us who wan't to turn the drab vanilla wasteland into something glorious and seedy.