Cyberpunk 2077 Mod Creation Thread

On 9/16/2022 at 3:22 AM, Hamguy31 said:

That is because Modding for Bethesda games required reverse engineering the source code to develop tools for, The creation engine does not really give you that much freedom. Redmod allows you to use API your code directly to the source code.

True.

I was giving a quick look at the mods we got since release. Currently I only see 2 mods around "big boobs" yet both feel average to me in terms of size.

Spawn0's "Huge" looks what big should have been to me, but still nevertheless its great effort. Any more mods which I've been missing out on?

Wondering if we have silly huge mods yet (think like TBD in skyrim/FO). Its rather disheartening a game centered around "body modifications" doesn't let you have have 1500~3000cc boobs, but that's a different topic heh.

On 9/15/2022 at 11:22 PM, Hamguy31 said:

That is because Modding for Bethesda games required reverse engineering the source code to develop tools for, The creation engine does not really give you that much freedom. Redmod allows you to use API your code directly to the source code.

Fucking this! Its really ironic how people praise bethesda modkit but forget that almost any more complex mods need third party tools for work properly.

I'm with the guys who think that we shouldnt raise to much our expectations with CDPR, but my heart want to believe. Its at least, a sip of hope.

On 9/13/2022 at 11:42 PM, Maxim J said:

I doubt it. There is a dedicated fan base to the cyberpunk genre in general. So cyberpunk will live on.

I mean, there's a dedicated fanbase for old Dawn of War games and Sins of a Solar Empire 1, that doesn't mean they're a bustling metropolis of modding. Even games with dedicated modders like Total War Warhammer still have a pretty limited scope even with modding support from devs.

The mod scene for Cyberpunk 2077 right now isn't exactly great, I have hopes with the modding tools out but I seriously doubt it's going to be very dedicated. There's been some general interest by current modders but not much else, people are at best optimistic and meh about it all.

I think you guys are hoping waaaaaaaaay to much about this. We'll see what happens when the xpac drops, but once Witcher 4 releases on Unreal Engine should make it a lot easier to mod, especially with CDPR help, and if it's a make-your-own-witcher open world game like people are speculating, Cyberpunk 2077 is going to get dumped back into the bin.

Mark my words, lol.

Edited by Spiritseer
2 hours ago, Spiritseer said:

I mean, there's a dedicated fanbase for old Dawn of War games and Sins of a Solar Empire 1, that doesn't mean they're a bustling metropolis of modding. Even games with dedicated modders like Total War Warhammer still have a pretty limited scope even with modding support from devs.

The mod scene for Cyberpunk 2077 right now isn't exactly great, I have hopes with the modding tools out but I seriously doubt it's going to be very dedicated. There's been some general interest by current modders but not much else, people are at best optimistic and meh about it all.

I think you guys are hoping waaaaaaaaay to much about this. We'll see what happens when the xpac drops, but once Witcher 4 releases on Unreal Engine should make it a lot easier to mod, especially with CDPR help, and if it's a make-your-own-witcher open world game like people are speculating, Cyberpunk 2077 is going to get dumped back into the bin.

Mark my words, lol.

That's a bit of a false equivalency, don't you think? Both Dawn of War and Sins of a Solar Empire are real time strategy games, which are not very popular to begin with nowadays, and are not that easy to get into. As an RTS fan I really couldn't get into Sins, myself.  Whereas open world games like fallout, elder scrolls, GTA etc still have very active player bases and modding communities. 

4 hours ago, Spiritseer said:

Mark my words, lol.

Cyberpunk has more daily mods than the higher rated mods like Stardew Valley, FNV, TW3, etc.  In a quick check, only Skyrim and FO4 have higher daily counts.

CP2077, once they gets some docs will exceed all except maybe Skyrim and FO4 (both of which are still going strong).  And, the docs for creating mods are coming.  See this video:

This is about installing mods.  But during this video, the Wolvenkit author states that the next tutorial will be about creating mods. 

Cyberpunk 2077 modding activity wise is actually doing in many ways better then FO4 and Skyrim combined. While the raw amount of mods past week is lower then say Skyrim, the amount of downloads on CP2077 mods past 7 days is far higher (Top10 downloaded mods past 7 days: CP2077: 165k, Skyrim SE: 60k, FO4: 20k). The interest is clearly there, the question now is, can Redmod take it to the next level?

CP2077 community already managed to accomplish some pretty impressive feats with it's limited tool set even pre Redmod launch like non replacer items, flying cars, a working metro system etc.

I'm personally now interested if they can implement a proper 3rd person for CP2077, even if it means sacrificing the body showing in 1st person which is why current Cyberpunks 3rd person is in such a poor state.

And as a side note, there was a new NSFW add replacer released like a day ago, nothing crazy there as ad replacers were a thing ages ago but it got well over 5k downloads in a single day showing there is clear interest in more adult CP2077 content. While I'm personally staying cautious in what Redmod can accomplish but the stage is set for Cyberpunk 2077 to be the next big Skyrim modding scene wise, the community is certainly there and with CDPR abandoning RedEngine moving forward I see no reason why they can't allow the community even more access to edit CP 2077 in the next updates like quest editing.

4934-1663129129-11373652.pngImagine how cool it will be when adult mods come out. In terms of game models the models in cyberpunk are much better then in Skyrim And when Modders able to play with the face and body animation it will be beyond amazing. CDPR gives signals that it wants to provide modders with the good tools to prolong the game longaivty. After Edgerunners and update 1.5/1.6 CDPR sees that the game has potential. So I think they will invest in it. I think since they are moving to Unreal 5 they will let the modder team they hired to update the mod kit and let modders do what they wish with the game. 

So.

Just what do you guys think?

Does this game allow us to have near skyrim-like modding, or even more, given that modders can now inject their stuff into the source directly - instead of trying to figure out how everything works in the first place? (creation engine *cough*)

I'ver heard several people stating this.
What do you think?

What i'm mainly interested in as of now is some kind of equivalent of Bodyslide.
Creating YOUR own body. Heck, these pre-built bodies.. - sorry to say that and i don't mean any harm by doing so.. But they just look so bad, especially the Booba and thighs.. Also, some animation-frameworks.. So that Panam finally gets what she really deserves, heh.
Just dreamin' here a lil' bit, don't mind me.

Edited by -Player1-
On 9/15/2022 at 8:20 PM, Galc said:

So, I've taken a quick look around and I was wondering something...

...has anyone made any mods that affect penises?

It may sound weird, but the sizes the game has for them in vanilla is a little too small, even when set to big.

So far, there is Mister Stud and PP for Female V.

https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/2508

https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/2293

On 9/23/2022 at 3:02 PM, Algene said:

That might finally be the mythical "Skyrim killer" in terms of modding, but once again, is CDPR, so they probably will over-promise, and under-deliver.

I'd hope so, but it really depends on how easy the game ends up being to mod. Being on a well-known engine helps, though. My hopes are ironically actually on Avowed since the foundational setting is basically a better Elder Scrolls setting, but Obsidian unfortunately have just as bad a reputation for buggy messes as Betheseda without also having the same reputation for supporting mods.

On 9/23/2022 at 3:47 PM, nowaydude97 said:

That's a bit of a false equivalency, don't you think? Both Dawn of War and Sins of a Solar Empire are real time strategy games, which are not very popular to begin with nowadays, and are not that easy to get into. As an RTS fan I really couldn't get into Sins, myself.  Whereas open world games like fallout, elder scrolls, GTA etc still have very active player bases and modding communities. 

I just picked older games with a loving community, it doesn't really have much to do with the type of the game. My point is that for a game's modding to community to thrive it generally needs to be pretty easy to mod by design or effort of the fanbase, popular enough to draw modders and make it worthwhile for them (this also preserves the community long after the game stops being too popular), and the base game needs to already be a good enough baseline to built on top of. GTA and Skyrim are both this. I could throw your own "false equivelency" back in your face there, as Grand Theft Auto 5 has been estimated to be the most profitable piece of entertainment ever so you're really just proving my point.

Cyberpunk 2077 has a lot of foundational issues, many of which hold it back from being a great modding in-depth modding platform. I suspect we'll keep saying more of the "easy" mods like nude skins, weapon additions, and minor tweaks to mechanics, but expecting a sex framework or tons of base-line improvements (adding new weapons, monsters, etc) or expansive gameplay modifications or expansions like we see in more popular communities (Skyrim, GTA, Minecraft, Rimeworld, Terraria) is hoping for way too much.

I mean, we have to wait another year just to get the police system to basic bitch level and we still need to pray it's even worth waiting for. MaxTac is one of the biggest disapointments ever. Ridiculous how a Japanese anime studio captured them better than CDPR themselves did.

To make matters worse, if Witcher 4 becomes the big buzz while also being far easier to mod and more foundationally worthwhile (the way, say, Skyrim is), a lot of modders and players will just go there instead.. I just don't see how this works out well for Cyberpunk, especially with CDPR making it pretty clear they're done with it after the xpac they've been working on forever now releases.

On 9/24/2022 at 5:06 AM, Bleda said:

Cyberpunk 2077 modding activity wise is actually doing in many ways better then FO4 and Skyrim combined. While the raw amount of mods past week is lower then say Skyrim, the amount of downloads on CP2077 mods past 7 days is far higher (Top10 downloaded mods past 7 days: CP2077: 165k, Skyrim SE: 60k, FO4: 20k). The interest is clearly there, the question now is, can Redmod take it to the next level?

CP2077 community already managed to accomplish some pretty impressive feats with it's limited tool set even pre Redmod launch like non replacer items, flying cars, a working metro system etc.

I'm personally now interested if they can implement a proper 3rd person for CP2077, even if it means sacrificing the body showing in 1st person which is why current Cyberpunks 3rd person is in such a poor state.

And as a side note, there was a new NSFW add replacer released like a day ago, nothing crazy there as ad replacers were a thing ages ago but it got well over 5k downloads in a single day showing there is clear interest in more adult CP2077 content. While I'm personally staying cautious in what Redmod can accomplish but the stage is set for Cyberpunk 2077 to be the next big Skyrim modding scene wise, the community is certainly there and with CDPR abandoning RedEngine moving forward I see no reason why they can't allow the community even more access to edit CP 2077 in the next updates like quest editing.

Popularity of mods or individual games doesn't say much about the community itself, especially since, for instance, a lot of the popular mods for Cyberpunk 2077 fix stuff. Some of the most (if not the most) popular mods for Skyrim for instance are SkyUI and community fixes. This isn't a good measurement of, say, anything.

What we need to look at is what the mods can and are doing, and it's not all that impressive. The metro system for instance is garbage. Flying cars is fine, I guess? The game isn't really built for it at all so it's a pretty janky experience. You can't just point at random stuff arbitarily and say "it's better." I mean, by your logic, Skyrim is just all-around a worse modded game. Go on, tell me Skyrim's modding community is worse than Cyberpunk's in terms of what mods can and do do. Obvously, it's not, and there's a reason.

The stage is definitely not set for Cyberpunk to be the next big Skyrim modding scene, especially with CDPR poised to abandon it next year after deciding 1 xpac was enough instead of 2 and canceling all surrounding projects.

Only time will tell of course, but I think you're hoping for way too much, as, again, early looks into redmod really haven't been that promising apparently and as I pointed out depending on what Witcher 4 ends up being, it alone can and very likely will suck up gamer and modder attention away from Cyberpunk.

Like, it's hard to believe Cyberpunk as it is might be a better canidate for the next big modding scene over Starfield, Avowed, Witcher 4, or GTA 6. 

On 9/24/2022 at 5:53 AM, Maxim J said:

4934-1663129129-11373652.pngImagine how cool it will be when adult mods come out. In terms of game models the models in cyberpunk are much better then in Skyrim And when Modders able to play with the face and body animation it will be beyond amazing. CDPR gives signals that it wants to provide modders with the good tools to prolong the game longaivty. After Edgerunners and update 1.5/1.6 CDPR sees that the game has potential. So I think they will invest in it. I think since they are moving to Unreal 5 they will let the modder team they hired to update the mod kit and let modders do what they wish with the game. 

They already told us they're not going to invest in it. The xpac next year will be it, which is the far cry from the "long term franchise" they wanted to create, hence why they were already pushing the MP game they have long since canceled. Most of the studio is already working on Witcher 4. Like, you're really hoping on a long shot here.

Starfield, Avowed, and Elder Scrolls 6 are not all that far away either, and all have a better chance of beating Cyberpunk by virtue of simply being a better foundatation as a game via the type of games they are (starting with being actual RPGs, unlike Cyberpunk).

But keep on hoping, I guess. I'm not against another strongly modded game, but Cyberpunk is in a pretty bad position now in terms of long-term modding.

The funniest thing about this community is how we have tons of pessimists who are willing to write walls and walls of texts arguing how CP77 dont will receive (or dont deserve to) any complex sex mod, potentially making any modder around give up or dont even try, instead of be positive and give them some advice. 

Well, its easier to be a pessimist and argue to make people go away, so you can say later "I warned!"

2 hours ago, fishburger67 said:

False

Being honest that's the word in the street, aka that's what everyone is saying in pretty much any place I go, FJ, F95, Reddit and 4chan for starters, do you know if the devs themselves claimed they are still working in CP77? the most optimistic thing I read around was that they left an skeleton crew to deal with CP77 and the rest started working for W4 but after the anime a part of these devs were relocated in CP77's team.

18 minutes ago, Algene said:

Being honest that's the word in the street, aka that's what everyone is saying in pretty much any place I go, FJ, F95, Reddit and 4chan for starters, do you know if the devs themselves claimed they are still working in CP77? the most optimistic thing I read around was that they left an skeleton crew to deal with CP77 and the rest started working for W4 but after the anime a part of these devs were relocated in CP77's team.

If you ignore the "word on the street" and look at the CD project official statements, more than half of the devs are working on the expansion.

There is currently a hunger for Cyberpunk mods and I don't think that hunger is going to disappear. Trigger's incredibly bleak take on the setting does a much better job than any of cdpr's writing and has reinvigorated the playerbase, the expected expansion is going to follow which will likely bring it to a place where all the old negativity is finally put to sleep.

The question is whether a modscene will develop quickly enough to meet the demand. If it does, if the ability to mod in new quests, building interiors and make use of the millions of locked doors in the game as locations for mods, if scripting a quest is simple enough, if adding in NPCs and fleshing things out is quick and easy enough for new modders to jump in on (the experienced modders are too jaded)... Then there is a good chance that it will get some momentum going and develop into something.

There's a lot of more inexperienced modders that are really eager to make interiors and quests but need the guidance. Some of them are probably excellent story writers that will write better content that cdpr who don't really seem to understand how bleak this world is supposed to be. Some excellent mods will propel further interest and momentum will build, but a new generation of modders needs to be taught.

On 9/26/2022 at 3:31 PM, fishburger67 said:

False

Yeah, okay man, you believe whatever you want to believe. Let me just leave this slow eyeroll in here... seriously, zealous game fanboys are both ugly and cringey.

On 9/26/2022 at 5:37 PM, roohx said:

The funniest thing about this community is how we have tons of pessimists who are willing to write walls and walls of texts arguing how CP77 dont will receive (or dont deserve to) any complex sex mod, potentially making any modder around give up or dont even try, instead of be positive and give them some advice. 

Well, its easier to be a pessimist and argue to make people go away, so you can say later "I warned!"

No, it's easier to put on blindfolds real snug and tight and imagine a rainbow world while ignoring all nuance. I would absolutely love a sex mod for Cyberpunk, and there is no reason why anyone would care if it was sucessful. All I said was that it was highly unrealistic to expect it to ever happen. And what advice exactly are you giving? You have any coding knowledge? Modding experience? Financial support to offer? Or are you, like 99% of everyone else, just twidling your thumbs dreaming about someone else doing all the hard work for you to enjoy for free as usual? Like dude, don't act like a saint while wearing the devil's horns.

On 9/26/2022 at 6:02 PM, chooo said:

I think they will follow the interest... the player count has exploded(a million a day on steam alone) and new buyers currently have skyrocketed. If there's enough money and interest then they will invest more in it... it's probably as simple as that. 

It's definitely possible, but some hard facts here... Edgerunners was the reason people are trying Cyberpunk. Edgerunners was fantastic, unfortunately, it captures the essence of the setting far better than the game ever did or likely ever will, and while people while walk away from it somewhat satified of the itch the anime gave them, this ain't no Skyrim or GTA or Witcher 3 situation, sadly. Glad to be wrong, but it's unlikely.

The actual problem though is that CDPR already said this was their last project on their engine and that they're going all in on Unreal Engine. For them to continue, they'd either have to go back to redmod simply for Cyberpunk or convert the entire game to Unreal Engine which isn't likely to happen. They'll probably just make more Cyberpunk stuff, like maybe a Thronebreaker-style visual novel or another anime or whatever.

On 9/26/2022 at 6:12 PM, fishburger67 said:

If you ignore the "word on the street" and look at the CD project official statements, more than half of the devs are working on the expansion.

I DID look at CDPR's statement, and while I'm not riding on the back of the CEO like Mr. False bro here, they're hiring a shitton of staff and are creating orbiting sub-studios. On top of that, TONS of their staff both old and new are currently being trained for Unreal Engine 5, a statement from CDPR themselves, because all their future projects are going to use it  (they also said they're doing multiple projects at once now).

So yeah in the strictest sense maybe not all their devs are working on Witcher 4, but from that perspective the vast majority of them are either training up Unreal Engine 5, working on Witcher 4, or doing pre-production on CDPR's other unannounced projects.

We're basically a year out on the one and only xpac... that's just an xpac... that' we already know is somewhere between Wine and Blood and Heart of Stone. If you honestly think most of CDPR is working on that, lol, something that's not even a full game like the OG Cyberpunk 2077 was, then I honestly don't know what to tell you because you're already living in la la land.

Edited by Spiritseer
On 9/27/2022 at 12:31 AM, fishburger67 said:

False

It's honestly hilarious reading posts here, like there's public data available for investors that anyone can download that shows what CDPR is working on.

Why would anyone trust 4Chan over literal legal documents.

Spoiler

1979070725_Screenshot2022-09-28235042.jpg.26b68025774b351996344375565e1aea.jpg

Edited by peculiaris