Hello everyone,

I attempted to make an alteration to the Elbowbinders where I deleted the lacing and added a padlocked zipper (I stole it from the catsuit and duplicated the lock and buckle tongue from the armbinder itself). Personally, I'm very happy with it aside from the lacing shadow's I can't delete as they are in the texture themself.

But aside from sharing it here, I attempted to make it a devious device but I am having some issues. It appears that I have all the correct scripting and I can even see the correct model in the game inventory window however the script adds a normal elbowbinder for my girl to wear and shows both as equipped in the item inventory.

Can someone more savy than I hold my hand and help me please! I'm 99% certain I just did something stupid and missed a toggle somewhere. If someone wants to be EXTRA helpful, they can assist me in setting it up where you need 3 specific keys to unlock it and a NPC.

BTW @Kimy I would be MORE than happy to share my edits with you. It should recolor the same as the other armbinders, I just only made a black ebonite one. Maybe a pink one?

Inescapable Elbowbinder

An exceedingly tight armbinder sealed with a locked zipper. No amount of struggling will ever loosen this restraint. Without the posession of all three keys and friendly helping hands this is absolutely inescapable.

ZipBinder.JPG

ZipBinder.nif

Edited by Sathella
Formatting
On 11/10/2021 at 6:44 AM, Sathella said:

But aside from sharing it here, I attempted to make it a devious device but I am having some issues. It appears that I have all the correct scripting and I can even see the correct model in the game inventory window however the script adds a normal elbowbinder for my girl to wear and shows both as equipped in the item inventory.

I am assuming that you know the principle of how DD handles the equipping of devices.

Have you set the script property "deviceRendered" of "zadequipscript" on your inventory device to the proper (your own) rendered device object?

On 11/11/2021 at 3:56 PM, neghthraw said:

I am assuming that you know the principle of how DD handles the equipping of devices.

Have you set the script property "deviceRendered" of "zadequipscript" on your inventory device to the proper (your own) rendered device object?

Ugg... It won't allow me to add the script. Keeps spitting out that there was 'an error with loading the script. It will not be added.'

On 11/10/2021 at 6:44 AM, Sathella said:

But aside from sharing it here, I attempted to make it a devious device but I am having some issues. It appears that I have all the correct scripting and I can even see the correct model in the game inventory window however the script adds a normal elbowbinder for my girl to wear and shows both as equipped in the item inventory

Does your render device have name? Only items which have names are shown in inventory so maybe you accidently named the render device.

10 hours ago, Sathella said:

Ugg... It won't allow me to add the script. Keeps spitting out that there was 'an error with loading the script. It will not be added.'

Do you have the source scripts of DD (optional part of the installation) in "data/scripts/source"? In order to use scripts in the CK, you need the plain text script file of the file type .psc ADDITIONALLY to the compiled script files (.pex).

12 hours ago, neghthraw said:

Do you have the source scripts of DD (optional part of the installation) in "data/scripts/source"? In order to use scripts in the CK, you need the plain text script file of the file type .psc ADDITIONALLY to the compiled script files (.pex).

Just did a fresh reinstall and made certain to select 'yes' on script sources. Still getting my error whenever I attempt to add or edit the appropriate DD script.

Error.JPG

3 hours ago, Sathella said:

Just did a fresh reinstall and made certain to select 'yes' on script sources. Still getting my error whenever I attempt to add or edit the appropriate DD script.

Error.JPG

Did you extract Scripts.rar ? Theese are script that are in your skyrim data folder. Just open it and extract it in data folder, or if you have MO you can install it like a mod (just click install new mod in MO and then select the Scripts.rar). There are bunch of duplicates so just let it overwrite everything.

Hi , when i have put an item from devious device or some npc have some device , they are invisible , and yes i have install bodyslide , i reinstall both cbbe and bodyslide and same thning ,

for papyrus log , i have find the skyrim ini and put to 0->1 but dont know where is the log ...

i'm with LE version

edit : i found the log Papyrus.0.log.txt

edit 2 : i tried install few mod yesterday and some of them are inactive now

20211114010103_1.jpg

Edited by Dest123
1 minute ago, dennel said:

Will you make devious device for Anniversary Edition?

That's a question more for the SE thread than the LE thread here.

The answer is eventually. First we need SKSE fully updated for AE (it's only alpha now and not everything works yet), then we need SexLab and Racemenu updated. After that, it depends on how long it takes me to figure out how to recompile the DLL, or for someone else to do it. I'm expecting a minimum of a month to settle down, and would not be surprised if it takes much longer.

For now, stick with SE.

On 11/10/2021 at 12:44 PM, Sathella said:

Hello everyone,

I attempted to make an alteration to the Elbowbinders where I deleted the lacing and added a padlocked zipper (I stole it from the catsuit and duplicated the lock and buckle tongue from the armbinder itself). Personally, I'm very happy with it aside from the lacing shadow's I can't delete as they are in the texture themself.

Can someone more savy than I hold my hand and help me please! I'm 99% certain I just did something stupid and missed a toggle somewhere. If someone wants to be EXTRA helpful, they can assist me in setting it up where you need 3 specific keys to unlock it and a NPC.

BTW @Kimy I would be MORE than happy to share my edits with you. It should recolor the same as the other armbinders, I just only made a black ebonite one. Maybe a pink one?

Inescapable Elbowbinder

An exceedingly tight armbinder sealed with a locked zipper. No amount of struggling will ever loosen this restraint. Without the posession of all three keys and friendly helping hands this is absolutely inescapable.

ZipBinder.JPG

ZipBinder.nif 482.36 kB · 4 downloads

You should put this in DD beta thread. There are people there have much experienced about model and render devices.

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/69936-devious-devices-framework-developmentbeta/page/168/#comment-3571741

On 11/14/2021 at 12:05 PM, Dest123 said:

Hi , when i have put an item from devious device or some npc have some device , they are invisible , and yes i have install bodyslide , i reinstall both cbbe and bodyslide and same thning ,

for papyrus log , i have find the skyrim ini and put to 0->1 but dont know where is the log ...

i'm with LE version

Bodyslide is just a tool, it doesn't do anything unless you run it and build things. For Loverslab mods like DD you should:

1) Select body and preset you want to use.

2) (Skip this for now!) Select group filters but only if you have built main body and all other mods before.

3) Toggle "Build with morphs on".

4) Batch build... As it is your first time probably, don't deselect anything but choose options you want to use on the second dialog.

Same thing with FNIS. It doesn't do anything if you just install it, it also needs to be run with "Generate for users" executable.

Hey, ran into a small issue: my PC's mouth doesnt close anymore. I thought maybe it was a SexLab thing, but resetting animations there doesnt work. Ive encoutered this in the past with much older versions of DDi DDx etc, and always played around with the debug until it was solved, but there aren't the same debug options anymore, so I have no clue.

2 hours ago, spmymk said:

Could someone point me to an easy to understand step by step guide on bodyslide . never used it and Bodyslide itself has confusing "explanation" on how to use it!

1. Build your dream body using the sliders
2. Batch build everything (left lower corner)
3. Profit ^^

30 minutes ago, xyzxyz said:

1. Build your dream body using the sliders
2. Batch build everything (left lower corner)
3. Profit ^^

not very helpful.

As an example 1st I realized that I had to :
1 - in MO ad Bodyslide as EXECUTABLE and open thru it!

Still as I load a new game where is this stuff saved?

Also my characters are not getting "pregnant" bellies after batch build!

6 hours ago, spmymk said:

not very helpful.

It would be helpfull when BS is integrated in your Mod organizer correctly ( I use vortex). Bodyslide has it's own save file location(Steamapps>Common>Skyrim>Data>CalienteTools>Bodyslide>SliderPresets).
Regarding the pregnancy no idea what mod you use. Maybe check if you have ll the requirements and a compatible skeleton?

9 hours ago, spmymk said:

Could someone point me to an easy to understand step by step guide on bodyslide . never used it and Bodyslide itself has confusing "explanation" on how to use it!

Hey y'all

When you start learning to mod Skyrim, the learning curve for most of us muppets is indeed quite steep. However, the benefit of finding all the relevant information yourself is that once you get it, you know how to do it instead of just using step by step instructions.

Personally, I relied heavily on Gophers and Gamerpoets infos tutorials on youtube, but there are other authors on there who's information is very valuable.

Don't be afraid to dig in, you'll reap the benefits of the acquired knowledge later on.

Just mah 2 cents...

Edited by Diziet
7 hours ago, spmymk said:

not very helpful.

For MO the files are saved in the overwrite folder.  After you use BS to build the files right-click the overwrite folder in MO and choose "Create Mod" name it something like "BS files" and check the box to activate it in the load order.  Now you have an empty overwrite folder again and your fitted bs files are preserved as a new "mod".

9 hours ago, spmymk said:

For the bellies you need to build things with "build with morphs" enabled.

I prefer to create 1 overwrite mod per profile in MO2. For example if i have mod profile "UNP" then i also have mod "Overwrite_UNP". Set FNIS and Bodyslide to output into "Overwrite_UNP" and have that mod always be at the bottom of priority list. (Remember to move it when you add new mods)

That way you could for example swap profile into CBBE and it will have its own "Overwrite_CBBE" mod with its files. You can run Skyrim without re-running FNIS etc when testing some entirely different mod combination.

Edited by Zaflis
15 hours ago, Alienated00 said:

Hey, ran into a small issue: my PC's mouth doesnt close anymore. I thought maybe it was a SexLab thing, but resetting animations there doesnt work. Ive encoutered this in the past with much older versions of DDi DDx etc, and always played around with the debug until it was solved, but there aren't the same debug options anymore, so I have no clue.

Make sure that all of your DD is just 1 mod installed by DD 5.1 installer. You shouldn't have old separate DD-A/I/X/C anymore. I used to read there are different solutions for Skyrim Special Edition but since you write in LE area i can only suggest verifying DD version really is the latest.

17 hours ago, spmymk said:

not very helpful.

The default save point in MO is to generate or add to the default overwrite folder.  In the properties of the bodyslide executable from the exe dropdown tool on the MO tool ribbon one can set a specific folder where to files are placed.  I use this for Bodyslde and Fnis so that I never need to move files from the "default" overwrite folder for those two programs.