Can You plz increase file sizes?...

Plz...

@Ashal

@CPU

Can any of u great admins explain me why i can upload 40 MB ScreenShots on that website...

and i can upload like 40 Screenshots in single post... but i can't upload 200 kb Avatar Picture?...

And im not joking... here is prove:

Spoiler

s1.png.ca44ffd1dbb31fb1769cc4371f237a55.png

I have counted total size of all shots...

its 45,44 MB !... IN SINGLE FKING POST...

But if You want to change Your avatar...

Spoiler

s1.png.361b7abaa7e3c5831ba1c5cce28ee3f8.png

150.528 kb?...

Is that some kind of sad joke or u are just trolling ur users?...

150 kb - LIMIT for AVATAR PICTURE

NO FKING LIMIT FOR SCREENSHOTS IN POSTS?...

i just want to remind You that every 1 can upload only ONE Avatar Picture...

so instead of 150kb which is CRAZY LOW it should be at least 2 or 4 MB...

btw. what i tested just now...

and it fking annoy me too...

Spoiler

s1.png.02d5480fb0917eae745d2eddcf3ddbb2.png

If You want to upload Mod on Lovers Lab there is 200 MB File size limit... and thats ok...

because some ppl might want to upload too big files...

but i just started to upload Mod via Forum Post...

ugh gosh how do i cancel that?

well... 

i have no fking idea how do i cancel that Upload... guess im gonna just w8 and see what will happen...

my god its taking forever... 

also plz add cancel button for uploading xD

i was baaaad idea... 

My God T_T...

so in short...

1. Can You plz expand Avatar size to for example 10Mb?...

2. Can You plz expand Mod Size to 1GB?... ( but tbh 200 MB is still fine... but its stupid... in Post u can upload 1.1 GB File but in Mod You can upload only up to 200MB? WTF ? )

3. Add Cancel button for uploading xD i was w8ing for 5 min to finish uploading xD

- it was bad idea xD T_T

LOL  10MB Avatar picture :classic_laugh:

A lot of people don't use a Avatar picture at all.

And a Avatar pic is so small that you can not see a difference between any pictures above 1MB.  Or do you have a  60'' +  monitor or a beamer ?

And there are 64 Avatar pictures at the main page and not all people have a good computer or internet connection.  And you have probably already seen that LL can be slow on some days.  . . .  :classic_cool: Avatar pictures in spoiler ! ?

And if you can use Mod creation tools you can also use 7z or Winrar and split files in 200MB parts.  And you can use links to mediafire, 4shared, mega,.... and can use GB files.

9 hours ago, fejeena said:

LOL  10MB Avatar picture :classic_laugh:

A lot of people don't use a Avatar picture at all.

And a Avatar pic is so small that you can not see a difference between any pictures above 1MB.  Or do you have a  60'' +  monitor or a beamer ?

And there are 64 Avatar pictures at the main page and not all people have a good computer or internet connection.  And you have probably already seen that LL can be slow on some days.  . . .  :classic_cool: Avatar pictures in spoiler ! ?

And if you can use Mod creation tools you can also use 7z or Winrar and split files in 200MB parts.  And you can use links to mediafire, 4shared, mega,.... and can use GB files.

GIF-s?... for example.... or any image above 250x250px...

but tbh i want it more because LoversLab is fking annoying me while i want to upload new Avatar...

I have to fking edit my avatar like 10 / 15 times to have best possible quality and to fit in those fking 150kb

on my main monitor avatars are around 110x110 px,

on 1920 its around 170x170

on 2.560 its around 260x260 ( TV Screen )

but... pictures on user profile are around 10% Bigger ( so, 120x120, 190x190, 300x300 )

You can scale pic. down without loosing quality but u can't scale pic. up... 

THATS FOR WHAT YOU HAVE MINIMAPS...

My internet is rly quick, i have 400 Mb Download and 50 Mb Upload Speed, im using same router on 3 computers and 1 phone 

all devices use internet all time, but ye... there was ONE time when i had problem with LoversLab... around YEAR AGO... when LoversLab

was loading like for 10/15 seconds and i was waiting for everything...

Upload Description on LoversLab...

but Mod on Mega... gosh... 

... tbh idc, from now if i have file that is bigger than 200 Mb im gonna use Mod Description Upload instead of Mod File Upload...

in this post i already tested that u can upload 1.1 GB in single Post... so You probably can also upload it for Mod Description...

well... that solve half of my problems... just need to find way to upload Avatar bigger than 150kb...

Looks like owner / admins don't even care what is happening on forum...

It surely can be annoying at times first having to crop down a picture to use it as a pfp, especially when you use screenshots that you just made.

However, the pfp's are still very well visible on posts. I think that any more resolution just wouldn't make any difference. The problem here, I think, lies with the incapability of LL to crop down pictures while you set them, so you don't have to open a photo viewer, crop the pic and then try to upload it over and over until it works.

Lastly, saying that the LL staff doesn't care is pretty unfair in my eyes, especially because of something so trivial.

?

Since those Avatar pictures are loaded very often from the server to the browsers, I am very happy to NOT have to cope with huge avatar files. :classic_unsure:

Please keep in mind that people are reading LL from their cell phones and not every country has network providers that throw away bandwith for free of charge. :classic_sad:

and as time goes on, it gets harder and harder to edit down a pic from 20+mb to 200kb it only going to get worse as time gose on and files keep getting bigger to the point where you can't ever upload a Avatar pic any more.

they do need a better system for that.

18 hours ago, God of Chaos said:

But if You want to change Your avatar...

150.528 kb?...

Can You plz expand Avatar size to for example 10Mb?

I mean, personally the avatar size limit makes no difference to me since all i have to do is resize the image to a lower resolution. But 10mb? Don't you think that's excessive? Are you trying to put an ultra high resolution widescreen landscape illustration as your avatar? The avatar icons always appear small anyway so you can't even tell the difference after a certain point, so why bother having such a high limit?

1 hour ago, Mr.Otaku said:

I mean, personally the avatar size limit makes no difference to me since all i have to do is resize the image to a lower resolution. But 10mb? Don't you think that's excessive? Are you trying to put an ultra high resolution widescreen landscape illustration as your avatar? The avatar icons always appear small anyway so you can't even tell the difference after a certain point, so why bother having such a high limit?

10MB is not very high limit... 

for example, on Google You can upload Avatar of any size, i was uploading 10 MB and even 25 MB picture.

i think they don't have any limits on Avatar Size...

ofc. it was GIF, some GIF-s have crazy size like for example 20 or 40 MB 

i don't want to upload 40 MB GIF on LL as my Avatar, but at least Animated avatar with resolution of AT LEAST 600x600 px...

4 sec long GIF with 25 FPS and size of 600x600 is around 5/8 MB

1 Person can have only 1 avatar pic.

so i rly don't see reason why Avatar is limited in size... 

10 MB is good limit

because You can upload anything You want including good quality pic and GIF-s

But you can't troll / spam website disc with 10 GB Picture.... ( its actualy not that hard to make xD )

//Edit:

Here im just doing research, you don't have to open that Spoiler but u can if u want :D

Spoiler

Here You have example of pic. i was using on different website:

its 256x256 px big ( so not very big ) - and its animated GIF

ezgif-3-9a96769a84c2.gif.141975192f68deb807a319e2d4664e8a.gif

this GIF cost 3.1 MB 

Avatar Size on Screen 1360x768: ( Size on website in Full Window 110x110 px ) 42,96% of 256x256 Pic. resolution

s1.png.411ccc63126c118ee34159e1c634ea60.png

Avatar size on Screen 1920x1080: 

//Edit:

ok my math sucks xDDDDDDDDDDDDD

BUT anywaa... 150kb... ????

ohh w8...

i think i have an idea

//Edit2:

Rly xD its not working too :D

I want to upload fking 2.4 MB AVATAR !...

Why limit is 150kb xD

ok... i fking give up...

i rly dont understand WHY i can upload 1.1 GB File in LoversLab Forum Post...

but Mod FIle Limit is 200MB

i rly don't understand WHY i can upload 45 MB in ScreenShots in single post...

but Avatar File limit is 150Kb...

//Edit3:

or 2... idk...

s1.png.46e70afd3de682f6edbd3dce7ca8e475.png

hehe im so smart xDD

or dumb :D

//Edit:

but its good, if im doing something that Website can't understand im much closer to solution :D

//Edit:

I'm looking for way so website can't read file size properly but will push it to upload anywaa xD

I'm not rly good at "Web Science" xD but research is always fun :P

//Edit:

just doing research, dont mind me.

Spoiler

a1.png.16c10aa2d4525a1457bf6a9e599d6b31.pnga2.png.15cb23baa9b0d16627c6bf07c96d3c35.png

A3.png.49d8fdaf05918089e18a5394c19269d0.

Hmmm... thats no cool...

I wonder if LL will delete it after while...

24 minutes ago, God of Chaos said:

10MB is not very high limit...

It kinda is.

25 minutes ago, God of Chaos said:

for example, on Google You can upload Avatar of any size, i was uploading 10 MB and even 25 MB picture.

i think they don't have any limits on Avatar Size...

Well of course you can do that on Google, it's an absolute behemoth in terms of capacity. Not even remotely comparable to an adult mod site.

28 minutes ago, God of Chaos said:

so i rly don't see reason why Avatar is limited in size...

Because there's no need for such a high limit? Pages would load much slower for people without super fast internet if for example, 10 users had 10mb avatar each. It just doesn't need to be that high. You could argue for 1mb sure, but 10? Not necessary for an avatar that just stays small the whole time anyway.

32 minutes ago, God of Chaos said:

i rly dont understand WHY i can upload 1.1 GB File in LoversLab Forum Post...

but Mod FIle Limit is 200MB

Now i'm not an expert on how web designing works, so i may be way off base here but i think it's because of costs reasons. Maybe hosting 1GB file puts more pressure than 200mb? I mean, file hosting costs money right? And a bigger quota takes bigger fees?

Bottom line, it's not a big deal. Just resize your avatar to a smaller resolution, the difference is not noticeable. And as for mod file limit, just put it on Mediafire or something.

19 minutes ago, Mr.Otaku said:

Because there's no need for such a high limit? Pages would load much slower for people without super fast internet if for example, 10 users had 10mb avatar each. It just doesn't need to be that high. You could argue for 1mb sure, but 10? Not necessary for an avatar that just stays small the whole time anyway.

You say 1 MB i say 10 MB

Lets agree in middle 5MB :D

Sadly its not our decision T_T... Ashal plz 5MB limit xD

gif's are not allowed !

size 250 x 250   signature 250 x 600

So what do you want with 2 MB pictures ? Maybe with a BMP or other "big" formats you can reach sizes above 1-2MB  but not with a jpg.

Since about a year I have a better internet connection, but before I often had the "wait loading problems"

15 hours ago, God of Chaos said:

i want it more because LoversLab is fking annoying me while i want to upload new Avatar.

I used to have kids - this type of comment reminds me of the good old days.  >Also: 4 year veteran beginning to riot - why?

19 minutes ago, fejeena said:

before I often had the "wait loading problems"

The OP doesn't seem to get it - EVERYONE using the site will have to download page contents to look at a page - increasing their download size can: Slow things down for some people, cost more bandwidth for those on a limited plan or other considerations people with more experience and knowledge have taken into consideration. A limit was set we can live with - but as you mentioned, since a GIF isn't eligible for an avatar and that is the reason for the breath holding and foot stomping - it's all academic anyways. (academics can help with reading comprehension :) )

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Think of it as a speed limit for reasons - so shut up, buckle up and be safe.......

Spoiler

It's a simple point of fact that if you need a bigger file size than what the site currently allows for avatars, than you need to do one of the following:

1. NOT make it a fucking .bmp, cause, I mean... seriously?
  2. NOT make it an animated gif, they are annoying and not allowed.
  3. NOT use some 1080p or 800x600 picture, or whatever huge full size. Avatars are tiny for gods sake, why would you try to upload something so big?
  4. If it's appropriately sized but still to big to upload, then run it through an optimizer like TinyPNG

But the bottom line is there is a significant difference between uploading screenshots and uploading avatars. They serve very different purposes and thus have their own specific limitations.