Books of Dibella SE- Alternate Start Plugin

View File

I did NOT create this mod, I merely converted MorePrinniesDood's mod for Skyrim Special Edition, and shared it according to the permission they game me via messaging. I CANNOT give any perms not specified on the original upload page for this mod. If you wish to alter, edit, or otherwise make changes and upload them anywhere, please refer to the permissions (if given on upload page) by the Original Author or contact them directly. This mod should be considered a placeholder for when/if the original author decides to take control of it.

If you enjoy this mod, go to the Author’s page and give MorePrinniesDood some love!

The following is copied and edited for SE links from the Original Download Page:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

BOOKS OF DIBELLA

You 100% MUST START a new game, and create your PC. Nothing triggers until you create your new Char and exit Racemenu.

This is a plug-in for Alternate Start - Live Another Life that adds a number of adult-themed options to the starting choices. It replaces my earlier "Sexy Starting Options" mod.

To activate them, ignore the Mara statue, and instead search the bookcase to her right. Take a book from the shelf to start its scenario.

Top Shelf:

* Dibellan Pilgrim: Your nude pilgrimage to all Dibella's temples is rudely interrupted by the closure of the Markarth temple.

* Lake Ilinalta Skinnydipper: Someone stole your clothes while you were skinny-dipping in Lake Ilinalta.

* A Drunken Boast: You promised Camilla Valerius to get that golden claw back bare-ass naked.

* Dumped on the Wayside: Kicked off a wagon on the way to Helgen with no possessions.

* Robbed of Everything: Drugged and robbed of even your clothes by the thieves' guild.

* Lost My Shirt: You wagered even your clothes on the Cragslane Cavern pit fights, and lost.

* One Night Stand: You slept with a farmer for a place to stay the night. But in the morning, he threw you out without your clothes.

Middle Shelf:

Requires Egg Factory:

* Hen of the Pale: When your hens were slaughtered, you turned to forbidden magics to lay eggs in their stead.

* Frostflow Survivor: You survived a massacre at Frostflow Lighthouse, but at what cost?

* Dragon's Ritual: You agreed to a "fertility ritual" after a night of drinking. But it wasn't the orgy you thought it would be.

* Catch of the Day: You caught a slaughterfish fat with eggs near the Lady Stone. It's probably nothing unusual.

* Spider's Brood: How long have you been webbed up and barely conscious in spider-infested Redbelly mine?

* Search for a Cure: You crossed the border from Cyrodiil in search of a cure for your egg-laying problem.

Contributors:

MorePrinniesDood
tuxagent7
steelmagpie
Kaervek86
Regallag

Required Mods:

SKSE64

Alternate Start - Live Another Life SSE

Egg Factory SE

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    09/30/2020
  • Category
  • Requires
    SKSE64, Alternate Start-Live Another Life SE, Egg Factory SE, New Game
  • Regular Edition Compatible
    No

56 minutes ago, babylight41 said:

Just to let you know sexystartingoptions CTDs and the books in books of Dibella don't show up at all and there is nothing to click at or on. help please?

You're not supposed to run them both at the same time. "Books of Dibella" is a rewrite of "Sexy Starting Options" you 100% need SKSE64 for the books to show up. The mod looks for the race trigger that runs when Racemenu closes after creating your character. 

5 hours ago, nomkaz said:

This mod CANNOT be used unless you start a new game. You 100% cannot add it to an existing game. It's an Alternate Start plugin. 

What do you mean exactly by cant, cause I did (while i was still in the alternate start cell) and it seems to work fine so far.

16 hours ago, nomkaz said:

You're not supposed to run them both at the same time. "Books of Dibella" is a rewrite of "Sexy Starting Options" you 100% need SKSE64 for the books to show up. The mod looks for the race trigger that runs when Racemenu closes after creating your character. 

I had been using sexy starting options and when it updated it started CTDing so I removed it and tried the books of Dibella and the books did not show up and it was a new game as I had just saved it after I had all of my MCM setting done and I always use SKSE64.

2 hours ago, babylight41 said:

I had been using sexy starting options and when it updated it started CTDing so I removed it and tried the books of Dibella and the books did not show up and it was a new game as I had just saved it after I had all of my MCM setting done and I always use SKSE64.

Books of Dibella triggers when the race menu closes, so try 'showracemenu' from the console to trigger it again.

Really nice idea, do the eggs at the start actually hatch though? I picked the dragon option and I've waited for over a week for them to hatch but nada, and EF doesn't really make it clear what the egg status actually is. Thanks for the conversion in any case

2 hours ago, SJX52020 said:

Really nice idea, do the eggs at the start actually hatch though? I picked the dragon option and I've waited for over a week for them to hatch but nada, and EF doesn't really make it clear what the egg status actually is. Thanks for the conversion in any case

I think the dragon one still needs some work, hopefully that will be taken care of in the next update.

• 4 weeks later...

This could be caused by other mods, but I've noticed that while I have this installed, I can't even interact with the Mara statue at all. The starts added by this start off fine, (aside from a crash sometime after beginning the game with one of said starts) but I am no longer left with the option to choose one of the starts not added by this mod.

3 hours ago, WizzyGameMaster said:

This could be caused by other mods, but I've noticed that while I have this installed, I can't even interact with the Mara statue at all. The starts added by this start off fine, (aside from a crash sometime after beginning the game with one of said starts) but I am no longer left with the option to choose one of the starts not added by this mod.

I'm pretty sure it's another mod, I had this issue, THEN I installed Books of Dibella, and it still happened, I installed this mod, and I could use the statue again. I dunno why, but it works when you can't interact with the statue. It's just a great starting mod, saves me from having to input a bunch of console commands when I start a new game for the 7,000th time lol

On 11/1/2020 at 5:39 PM, nomkaz said:

I'm pretty sure it's another mod, I had this issue, THEN I installed Books of Dibella, and it still happened, I installed this mod, and I could use the statue again. I dunno why, but it works when you can't interact with the statue. It's just a great starting mod, saves me from having to input a bunch of console commands when I start a new game for the 7,000th time lol

I'll have to give that a try. These starts were always rather entertaining. Hopefully we'll get to see that third shelf get some more interesting starts.

5 hours ago, Moacir Jr said:

Sorry the dumb question, but the quest below, stoped in this stage, and i do not know what i do. Can help me ?

Dibellan Pilgrim: Your nude pilgrimage to all Dibella's temples is rudely interrupted by the closure of the Markarth temple

ScreenShot17.png

It's just a start scenario mod, there are no quest. Start playing. That's it. If the mod author adds more to the start scenarios, I'll update the SE version with them as well. I'd ask on the original le version's support page if that is something planned or not.

59 minutes ago, nomkaz said:

It's just a start scenario mod, there are no quest. Start playing. That's it. If the mod author adds more to the start scenarios, I'll update the SE version with them as well. I'd ask on the original le version's support page if that is something planned or not.

And whats another life's scenario starts are more complete?

20 minutes ago, nomkaz said:

This mod is still kind of a WiP, but I believe the author has more in-depth plans for it. Wartime's Daughter is a pretty comprehensive Alternate Start Scenario. It only ads one scenario, but it's also a full quest mod.

Yeah, I tried this mod, but in the installation, they need a dependency, dcc-dm2.esp, and i do not know what is... I put a question in the support page of this mod, but the response are the dcc-dm2.esp mod make some CTD's, and do not have SSE version.

Any tip's...

Thanks a lot

Moacir Jr.

2 hours ago, Moacir Jr said:

Yeah, I tried this mod, but in the installation, they need a dependency, dcc-dm2.esp, and i do not know what is... I put a question in the support page of this mod, but the response are the dcc-dm2.esp mod make some CTD's, and do not have SSE version.

Any tip's...

Thanks a lot

Moacir Jr.

Those are part of Sanguin's Debauchery Enhanced which is indeed converted to SE, AND clearly listed and linked to as a dependency. Texture/mesh bugs with S.D.E. have been worked out a long time ago.