Books of Dibella SE- Alternate Start Plugin

1 hour ago, Chlodwig said:

If I use this mod and take a diffrent start... is there a way to get later to helgen to start the Dragonborn questline?

Yes, just like all of the other starts from ASLAL when you get to helgen there is a corpse that has a book you read to start the original go to Whiterun and become dragonborn.

• 3 months later...
46 minutes ago, howdoesthiswork said:

I would really like to use this mod but I am using a downgrader to patch 1.5.97. Alternative Start requires the latest USSEP, and that only works for the current Skyrim version. Am I out of luck? 

You could use an older version of alternate start.  Do you have a copy?

39 minutes ago, axz2 said:

You could use an older version of alternate start.  Do you have a copy?

Unfortunately not! Older versions aren't on Nexus either. I tried searching around and only found one for LE. 

And even if I did find it, there's still the problem of not having the corresponding USSEP for 1.5.97 (since it's a hard requirement, at least for the current version)

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/13/2022 at 5:42 PM, howdoesthiswork said:

I would really like to use this mod but I am using a downgrader to patch 1.5.97. Alternative Start requires the latest USSEP, and that only works for the current Skyrim version. Am I out of luck? 

There's no reason to downgrade the game as everything except DAR is now updated to the current Steam and GOG releases. Go ahead and update your game.  This mod, however, is NOT version dependent so when you upgrade, it'll work. 

• 1 month later...
11 minutes ago, assassin394 said:

Hi, is Egg Factory SE a hard requirement? Because I don't interest in that stuff

I'm pretty sure its only needed for about half the alternate starts in this mod.

From the first page -

I did NOT create this mod, I merely converted MorePrinniesDood's mod for Skyrim Special Edition, and shared it according to the permission they game me via messaging. I CANNOT give any perms not specified on the original upload page for this mod. If you wish to alter, edit, or otherwise make changes and upload them anywhere, please refer to the permissions (if given on upload page) by the Original Author or contact them directly. This mod should be considered a placeholder for when/if the original author decides to take control of it.

If you enjoy this mod, go to the Author’s page and give MorePrinniesDood some love!

The following is copied and edited for SE links from the Original Download Page:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a plug-in for Alternate Start - Live Another Life that adds a number of adult-themed options to the starting choices. It replaces my earlier "Sexy Starting Options" mod.

To activate them, ignore the Mara statue, and instead search the bookcase to her right. Take a book from the shelf to start its scenario.

Top Shelf:

* Dibellan Pilgrim: Your nude pilgrimage to all Dibella's temples is rudely interrupted by the closure of the Markarth temple.

* Lake Ilinalta Skinnydipper: Someone stole your clothes while you were skinny-dipping in Lake Ilinalta.

* A Drunken Boast: You promised Camilla Valerius to get that golden claw back bare-ass naked.

* Dumped on the Wayside: Kicked off a wagon on the way to Helgen with no possessions.

* Robbed of Everything: Drugged and robbed of even your clothes by the thieves' guild.

* Lost My Shirt: You wagered even your clothes on the Cragslane Cavern pit fights, and lost.

* One Night Stand: You slept with a farmer for a place to stay the night. But in the morning, he threw you out without your clothes.

Middle Shelf:

Requires Egg Factory:

* Hen of the Pale: When your hens were slaughtered, you turned to forbidden magics to lay eggs in their stead.

* Frostflow Survivor: You survived a massacre at Frostflow Lighthouse, but at what cost?

* Dragon's Ritual: You agreed to a "fertility ritual" after a night of drinking. But it wasn't the orgy you thought it would be.

* Catch of the Day: You caught a slaughterfish fat with eggs near the Lady Stone. It's probably nothing unusual.

* Spider's Brood: How long have you been webbed up and barely conscious in spider-infested Redbelly mine?

* Search for a Cure: You crossed the border from Cyrodiil in search of a cure for your egg-laying problem.

On 1/10/2023 at 2:07 AM, axz2 said:

I'm pretty sure its only needed for about half the alternate starts in this mod.

From the first page -

I did NOT create this mod, I merely converted MorePrinniesDood's mod for Skyrim Special Edition, and shared it according to the permission they game me via messaging. I CANNOT give any perms not specified on the original upload page for this mod. If you wish to alter, edit, or otherwise make changes and upload them anywhere, please refer to the permissions (if given on upload page) by the Original Author or contact them directly. This mod should be considered a placeholder for when/if the original author decides to take control of it.

If you enjoy this mod, go to the Author’s page and give MorePrinniesDood some love!

The following is copied and edited for SE links from the Original Download Page:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a plug-in for Alternate Start - Live Another Life that adds a number of adult-themed options to the starting choices. It replaces my earlier "Sexy Starting Options" mod.

To activate them, ignore the Mara statue, and instead search the bookcase to her right. Take a book from the shelf to start its scenario.

Top Shelf:

* Dibellan Pilgrim: Your nude pilgrimage to all Dibella's temples is rudely interrupted by the closure of the Markarth temple.

* Lake Ilinalta Skinnydipper: Someone stole your clothes while you were skinny-dipping in Lake Ilinalta.

* A Drunken Boast: You promised Camilla Valerius to get that golden claw back bare-ass naked.

* Dumped on the Wayside: Kicked off a wagon on the way to Helgen with no possessions.

* Robbed of Everything: Drugged and robbed of even your clothes by the thieves' guild.

* Lost My Shirt: You wagered even your clothes on the Cragslane Cavern pit fights, and lost.

* One Night Stand: You slept with a farmer for a place to stay the night. But in the morning, he threw you out without your clothes.

Middle Shelf:

Requires Egg Factory:

* Hen of the Pale: When your hens were slaughtered, you turned to forbidden magics to lay eggs in their stead.

* Frostflow Survivor: You survived a massacre at Frostflow Lighthouse, but at what cost?

* Dragon's Ritual: You agreed to a "fertility ritual" after a night of drinking. But it wasn't the orgy you thought it would be.

* Catch of the Day: You caught a slaughterfish fat with eggs near the Lady Stone. It's probably nothing unusual.

* Spider's Brood: How long have you been webbed up and barely conscious in spider-infested Redbelly mine?

* Search for a Cure: You crossed the border from Cyrodiil in search of a cure for your egg-laying problem.

Yeah, I know but does the mod it self still work fine with half other scenario or the will be error like missing mod, missing depend .esp....etc

Edited by assassin394
13 hours ago, assassin394 said:

Yeah, I know but does the mod it self still work fine with half other scenario or the will be error like missing mod, missing depend .esp....etc

This mod is built around Egg Factory, but since I didn't test it without Egg Factory, it might just not load the Egg factory scenarios, but I can't say for sure.

On 1/11/2023 at 1:59 AM, assassin394 said:

It still works without it, you'll only have the top shelf filled with books, the middle shelf will be empty.

• 1 month later...
On 1/12/2023 at 4:39 AM, nomkaz said:

This mod is built around Egg Factory, but since I didn't test it without Egg Factory, it might just not load the Egg factory scenarios, but I can't say for sure.

Would you add more option and make it so it doesn't require Egg Factory in the future?

Edit: It seems to be in Form 43, would it be fine?

Edited by DrSeptimus
15 hours ago, DrSeptimus said:

Would you add more option and make it so it doesn't require Egg Factory in the future?

Edit: It seems to be in Form 43, would it be fine?

I only convert mods, I have no knowledge of how to make them. If the OG author updates, I will pass those along here.

SE/AE etc read Form 43 with no problem, there's no real need to convert. the converted esp broke several major scripts, so DO NOT load it into creation kit yourself, you'll just break the mod. It has never been necessary to convert the ESP files. you can even esl flag Form 43 esps with no problem.

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Dracolich said:

Egg factory doesn't seem to work properly with this mod....

no egg pregnancies on spawn with the spider's brood start.

I can only help with conversion issues. This is the kind of thing you need to ask on the OG mod's support thread.

• 7 months later...
6 hours ago, ranger99 said:

My game won't even load when i have the books of dibella esp activated. I have Skyrim AE game version 1.6.640.0 and am using Mod Organizer 2. Anyone else having this issue?

There's no .dll in this mod so game version has no impact on this mod. There haven't been any other similar reports that I'm aware of.