Books of Dibella SE- Alternate Start Plugin

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/7/2020 at 4:02 PM, Kage777 said:

I feel dumb; so installed this as SSO wasn't working. I am able to take a book, but nothing else happens. I am supposed to sleep in the bed because it gives me the "sleeping is the last thing on my mind rn" text and won't start. Kinda sad.

That's actually an Alternate Start glitch. Try reinstalling both mods and try again.

On 12/11/2020 at 11:50 AM, eeeeeee77 said:

i got egg factory and the book of diabella installed but the middle shelf wont show, saw the previous comment about the thread but cant find the thread anywhere 

Try entering the Racemenu, then exiting again.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Kage777 said:

Ok, got a very weird one with the Lake skinny dipping. I go to it, choose the bed, and then it loads. The moment I get into Skyrim location that it uses however, it loads me back into the LAL cell and i can't get it to trigger again.

That's a bug, not a conversion issue. Report all bugs on the original author's Support thread. They are the only one that can troubleshoot actual mod issues. I can't fix anything not having to do with conversion, I only convert mods, I do not create them.

4 minutes ago, Kage777 said:

Sure, wanted to make sure if it was or not.

I did not have that happen when testing, so it's also possible that it's a mod conflict. I'd double check for that before reporting a bug. At least scan through the original support thread to see if it's already been reported and a solution or mod conflict mentioned. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm getting this error message in Mod Organizer 2 while building my new game.

"You have one or more plugins that are not form 44. They are:

• BooksOfDibella.esp (form 43)

Form 43 (or lower) plugins are modules that were made for Skyrim LE (Oldrim) and have not been properly ported to Skyrim Special Edition, which uses form 44 plugins. This usually results in parts of the mod not working correctly."

This is my first build outside of "Oldrim" so I came here to see if there was a fix done already. Thanks for any help you can give me!

13 hours ago, ibnwater said:

I'm getting this error message in Mod Organizer 2 while building my new game.

"You have one or more plugins that are not form 44. They are:

• BooksOfDibella.esp (form 43)

Form 43 (or lower) plugins are modules that were made for Skyrim LE (Oldrim) and have not been properly ported to Skyrim Special Edition, which uses form 44 plugins. This usually results in parts of the mod not working correctly."

This is my first build outside of "Oldrim" so I came here to see if there was a fix done already. Thanks for any help you can give me!

Ignore them, in fact, turn off the warning in MO2. Settings>Plugins>Form 43 checker>"disable". It's not needed. Form 44 and Form 43 make no difference. Converting to Form 44 can break scripts, so I rarely do it anymore.

• 2 weeks later...

@nomkaz, thank you for working on this mod and expanding it. I like the sound of the two new options and will explore them right away.

Edit: Very nice additions to the existing options!

"Whore in [City]" makes it much easier than "Patron at an Inn" to start with nothing in your inventory, at an inn of your choice, being a whore.

"Polar Dare" is mean if you have Frostfall installed, and you're playing on Legendary difficulty, and get into bad weather, and have to fight off a pack of wolves (thank God for "Defeat" and that those critters are always horny).

11 hours ago, bigschwabbel said:

@nomkaz, thank you for working on this mod and expanding it. I like the sound of the two new options and will explore them right away.

Edit: Very nice additions to the existing options!

"Whore in [City]" makes it much easier than "Patron at an Inn" to start with nothing in your inventory, at an inn of your choice, being a whore.

"Polar Dare" is mean if you have Frostfall installed, and you're playing on Legendary difficulty, and get into bad weather, and have to fight off a pack of wolves (thank God for "Defeat" and that those critters are always horny).

Just to be clear, I haven't made any changed to the mod, except to convert if for use with SE. The original author;  MorePrinniesDood is due all the praise for updating.  ;p

7 hours ago, nomkaz said:

Just to be clear, I haven't made any changed to the mod, except to convert if for use with SE. The original author;  MorePrinniesDood is due all the praise for updating.  ?

Then let me praise you for bringing this mod (and many others) to SE and giving the players of SE the possibility to play such great mods.

Hail the Nomkaz, for he/she/it is great! ?

[Bigschwabbel has let this thread to go and praise MorePrinniesDood now]

• 3 months later...

I just wanted to say there is a little trick how to make the books visible even after the creation of the character. Provided you are still in the initial cell.

If you use the command "showracemenu" and simply resave the character, the books will also appear and you can use them all, I have tested this.

Edited by N.Gamma

But one question I would have then, for these new prostitutes beginnings, does not one need there a corresponding Prostitutons Mod? I ask only because in the requirements no such listed or mentioned that you need one.

Ok I just answered the question myself, the original author says Radiant Prostitution/Gigolo recommended

• 3 months later...

The "Skinny Dipping" option looks hilarious.  Wish there were a few story based role-play non-destitute starting options though: like perhaps being a prostitute at Helga's Bunkhouse; or a Dibellan devotee (I am already working on alternate start option similar to this... if I ever get it finished; but it is much more involved than being a simple devotee... so it wouldn't necessarily compete with this idea).  Perhaps as a sugar-baby for one of the Jarls who decides to move on when it is discovered he/she is a Dragonborn.

• 1 month later...