54 minutes ago, Dez65 said:

Forgive the potentially stupid question but what is the difference does selecting "Replacer" Add-ons make during installation.  

It replaces the plugin from each of the selected overlay mods instead of adding a new patch plugin, so can substantially reduce your active plugin count.

Just now, Dez65 said:

Thanks!

vaultbait - I hope you don't mind a follow up but do I need to do anything to start the mod with a new game, for example selecting any of the options in "Quick Start Processes?"  I note I'm using the most recent FPE version. 

Thanks so much for your help!

6 hours ago, Dez65 said:

vaultbait - I hope you don't mind a follow up but do I need to do anything to start the mod with a new game, for example selecting any of the options in "Quick Start Processes?"  I note I'm using the most recent FPE version. 

Thanks so much for your help!

Just install it and it should start adding overlays (mostly tattoos, depending on what you've installed) randomly to NPCs. You won't tend to notice unless someone gets naked, but sometimes the overlays will be above the neck-line, on the arms, or otherwise peeking out around their clothing.

2 hours ago, vaultbait said:

Just install it and it should start adding overlays (mostly tattoos, depending on what you've installed) randomly to NPCs. You won't tend to notice unless someone gets naked, but sometimes the overlays will be above the neck-line, on the arms, or otherwise peeking out around their clothing.

Okay, I installed it without the replacer's since I didn't wait for your explanation.  I have all but the TCD overlays.  Will that slow the appearance of the overlays in game and, if so, can I now install the replacer's on an existing save?

I appreciate your holding my hand on this.

3 hours ago, vaultbait said:

the peeking part is my favorite part of the mod, it gives a hint of a past rather than showing a entire display

so I like surprises that this mod provides (mind you that it is only because of the excellent work by the overlay artists that this mod is any good)

58 minutes ago, Dez65 said:

Okay, I installed it without the replacer's since I didn't wait for your explanation.  I have all but the TCD overlays.  Will that slow the appearance of the overlays in game and, if so, can I now install the replacer's on an existing save?

I appreciate your holding my hand on this.

btw I am in Australia so I was sleeping when you started talking several hours ago.

ok so it shouldn't slow it down

because each overlay mod contains its own armors/scripts and those are added to a leveled list.

you can slow down the mod by doing the following...

1. in FPER(if you are using the latest version), you can reduce the initial chances to get the overlay manager

2. then you reduce the chances of each faction (or you can change what type of overlay they can get)

3. then you can further reduce the chances for each overlay type (Chest, Back, Left Arm, bah bah)

btw if you get a solid white body under an actor then one of the overlay installs went wrong

21 minutes ago, Invictusblade said:

btw I am in Australia so I was sleeping when you started talking several hours ago.

ok so it shouldn't slow it down

because each overlay mod contains its own armors/scripts and those are added to a leveled list.

you can slow down the mod by doing the following...

1. in FPER(if you are using the latest version), you can reduce the initial chances to get the overlay manager

2. then you reduce the chances of each faction (or you can change what type of overlay they can get)

3. then you can further reduce the chances for each overlay type (Chest, Back, Left Arm, bah bah)

btw if you get a solid white body under an actor then one of the overlay installs went wrong

I appreciate your help!  

I just realized I didn't have the most recent version of FPE, which explains why I don't see any chance sliders for an overlay manager.

Your response gave me a lot of insight.  I definitely don't want to slow anything down - the more overlays the better!  Just didn't want to have done anything in the installation that prevented the overlays from appearing since I hadn't seen anything in the raiders at the Museum of Freedom.

I'm going to update FPE - not sure if it'll work without a new game, but I never mind starting a new game.

Thanks again!

14 minutes ago, Dez65 said:

I appreciate your help!  

I just realized I didn't have the most recent version of FPE, which explains why I don't see any chance sliders for an overlay manager.

Your response gave me a lot of insight.  I definitely don't want to slow anything down - the more overlays the better!  Just didn't want to have done anything in the installation that prevented the overlays from appearing since I hadn't seen anything in the raiders at the Museum of Freedom.

I'm going to update FPE - not sure if it'll work without a new game, but I never mind starting a new game.

Thanks again!

so if you don't want the latest version of FPE then installed the v1.50 (without the FPE) that will contain the other version of the mod

so basically I added a new system to FPE called Existence to spread Pregnancies, Overlays, STDs, and other content to each and every NPC in the game.

instead of the older system of outfits and leveled lists

11 minutes ago, Invictusblade said:

so if you don't want the latest version of FPE then installed the v1.50 (without the FPE) that will contain the other version of the mod

so basically I added a new system to FPE called Existence to spread Pregnancies, Overlays, STDs, and other content to each and every NPC in the game.

instead of the older system of outfits and leveled lists

I definitely want the latest version.  I'm trying 4.004 on an existing save, but before getting to Sanctuary so I don't have to go through the escape from 111.   Looking forward to exploring the new features!

55 minutes ago, Dez65 said:

I definitely want the latest version.  I'm trying 4.004 on an existing save, but before getting to Sanctuary so I don't have to go through the escape from 111.   Looking forward to exploring the new features!

Worked right away with the latest FPE!  I only see it working on females though?  Maybe because all of the main tattoo packs are CBBE only.  I see that TCD has male ink but I don't have that installed.  Going to work on that now.

I'm using the Atomic Body for males by the way.  Would this effect overlay application?

I love seeing the tats on the NPCs!  This is an amazing mod!

10 minutes ago, Dez65 said:

Worked right away with the latest FPE!  I only see it working on females though?  Maybe because all of the main tattoo packs are CBBE only.  I see that TCD has male ink but I don't have that installed.  Going to work on that now.

I'm using the Atomic Body for males by the way.  Would this effect overlay application?

so there isn't many male overlay mods, I think there is two(or three) supported

1. Captive tattoos

2. TCD Overlays Set (I should have another look at TCD's mods)

3. there is one more(I think) but I cannot remember the name of it

I am not sure about Atomic Body (I think it uses a similar texture to the other male textures)

but if there is a problem then the overlay would appear in a weird location or be cut in someway.

I don't know of any bodyhair overlays, There are body overrides which do also work with this mod (but they are few and fairly big)

I should really have a proper look for looksmenu mods

also I should really start working on converting hair and eye mods to my system (as well as informing authors of that)

so if you are keen, then you can play around with the eye and hair aspect of the mod which will change the haircut of all Unique NPCs (Not traited NPCs such as Raiders or Settlers)

here is an example of a NPC with an unique hairstyle (and eyes, TCD does love weird looking eyes)

20220330184946_1.jpg

36 minutes ago, Dez65 said:

Success!  Tats on males and females!  

Again, incredible mod - increases immersive immensely.

37 minutes ago, Invictusblade said:

so there isn't many male overlay mods, I think there is two(or three) supported

1. Captive tattoos

2. TCD Overlays Set (I should have another look at TCD's mods)

3. there is one more(I think) but I cannot remember the name of it

I am not sure about Atomic Body (I think it uses a similar texture to the other male textures)

but if there is a problem then the overlay would appear in a weird location or be cut in someway.

I don't know of any bodyhair overlays, There are body overrides which do also work with this mod (but they are few and fairly big)

I should really have a proper look for looksmenu mods

also I should really start working on converting hair and eye mods to my system (as well as informing authors of that)

so if you are keen, then you can play around with the eye and hair aspect of the mod which will change the haircut of all Unique NPCs (Not traited NPCs such as Raiders or Settlers)

here is an example of a NPC with an unique hairstyle (and eyes, TCD does love weird looking eyes)

20220330184946_1.jpg

Oh my god!  Sturges is bald. Hilarious!  It's like a whole new set of characters!

20 minutes ago, Dez65 said:

Oh my god!  Sturges is bald. Hilarious!  It's like a whole new set of characters!

it is buggy (can be really buggy, so caution)

20220328102307_1.thumb.jpg.5b00922de8e0308de29f689ea9e7522e.jpg

but if you are bored of some of the NPCs then it does change things up.

1 minute ago, Dez65 said:

Quick follow up.  I'm seeing tats on raiders before I loot them but if I take everything, the tat disappears.  Is that by design or is there a setting I have wrong.  Not a problem - just want to understand.

well it shouldn't remove the tattoos but the right(wrong) set of mods might do that. (I think it depends on skins and armors and other mods)

(but there could be other reasons)

I am not sure if I experience that bug lately.

but I will keep looking

so here is a dead body(raider) with overlays.

20220212231710_1.thumb.jpg.d811d76a91811ffec65bdb8e29a8c4b4.jpg

2 minutes ago, Invictusblade said:

I think it depends on skins and armors and other mods)

I'm using Victoriam Line - Male bodies textures for males and Sweet Skin V1.0 Nuke for females with HiPoly Head and Face. I have a few clothing replacer mods (Lazman, Ghaans) and also use some vanilla Fusion Girl clothes on NPCs, but no modded armors.  I have AWKCR and Armorsmith installed. 

I'll keep playing on this save and see if it's universal.  I'll also run F04Edit at some point to see if I see any conflicts, but I'm not great at understanding where to look for that.

Thanks again!

16 minutes ago, Dez65 said:

I just noticed that I'm missing a master - INVB_Outfits_Framework.esp .  I see this is in the non-FPE version of 1.50.  Was I supposed to install both and let FPE overwrite?

which version are you running?

because the newest version doesn't need INVB_Outfits_Framework.esp anymore

(all I said before was to install the older version if you don't use FPE Redux)

1 hour ago, Invictusblade said:

well it shouldn't remove the tattoos but the right(wrong) set of mods might do that. (I think it depends on skins and armors and other mods)

It seems to be intermittent.  Here's an example of what I'm seeing (spoiler), but it doesn't seem to happen with every overlay.

Spoiler

enb2022_4_10_00_46_57.thumb.jpg.df6223c83316f4d8478e04c6fb73b2d5.jpgenb2022_4_10_00_47_05.thumb.jpg.0e64d633881d37c940fa08f5be96132b.jpg

Also, I installed the non-FPE version and overwrote it with the FPE version to deal with the missing master issue, but let me know if that's not correct.  It didn't seem to effect the issue shown in the screenshots.

I really appreciate the time you've spent with me on this.  

Edited by Dez65
12 minutes ago, Dez65 said:

It seems to be intermittent.  Here's an example of what I'm seeing (spoiler), but it doesn't seem to happen with every overlay.

Hide contents

enb2022_4_10_00_46_57.thumb.jpg.df6223c83316f4d8478e04c6fb73b2d5.jpgenb2022_4_10_00_47_05.thumb.jpg.0e64d633881d37c940fa08f5be96132b.jpg

Also, I installed the non-FPE version and overwrote it with the FPE version to deal with the missing master issue, but let me know if that's not correct.  It didn't seem to effect the issue shown in the screenshots.

I really appreciate the time you've spent with me on this.  

that is fine, it is the esp that was changed (and some of the scripts(I can't remember at the moment))

45 minutes ago, Dez65 said:

The file requiring INVB_Outfits_Framework.esp as a master is INVB_OverlayFramework_Tattoo_TCDOverlaysSET.esp, fyi.

Edited by Dez65
31 minutes ago, Dez65 said:

The file requiring INVB_Outfits_Framework.esp as a master is INVB_OverlayFramework_Tattoo_TCDOverlaysSET.esp, fyi.

I Cleaned  INVB_OverlayFramework_Tattoo_TCDOverlaysSET.esp, to remove  INVB_Outfits_Framework.esp as a master.  I replayed through the rescue of the Sanctuary 5 and the disappearing overlays shown in the Spoiler images above seemed to happen must less frequently (I only saw it happen with one Raider).  The mod seems to work fine without the Outfits esp as a master {and if I'm understanding the posts, that was an alternative to FPE to deliver the overlays).  I count that as a success, so long as I haven't screw something up by removing the master.

Know you're probably enjoying a nice Autumn afternoon.  Thanks again for your help.  I'll check back in case you have any further excellent advice.

6 hours ago, Invictusblade said:

try these files

Thanks, but I had better luck with the Cleaned INVB_OverlayFramework_Tattoo_TCDOverlaysSET.esp.  With the two plugins you uploaded, I didn't get any tats on the male raiders and one of the tats on the female raiders disappeared when I looted everything from her body.  Let me know if see any problem with clearing the Master from INVB_OverlayFramework_Tattoo_TCDOverlaysSET.esp.

Noticed a different problem.  Cumflation doesn't seem to be working now that I'm using 4.004.  I'm heading over to your Family Planning site to troubleshoot.  It may be that I upgraded on an existing save?  I remember that Cumflation's a bit tricky but I had it working on prior versions.