[mod] Carnalitas - Unified Sex Mod Framework for CK3

3 hours ago, Kukech said:

Yes, I did, several times, couldn't find any:( 

Nothing should be interfering with Carnalitas game rules, as it only adds them, not changes anything. Make sure that you correctly unzipped it, that there are no errors about missing files, that you actually enabled the mod and chose the correct playset before you launched the game (I made that mistake a couple of times when I edited the playset, but didn't choose it) and that there are no other mods enabled for testing purposes.

15 hours ago, yoyoman69 said:

Nothing should be interfering with Carnalitas game rules, as it only adds them, not changes anything. Make sure that you correctly unzipped it, that there are no errors about missing files, that you actually enabled the mod and chose the correct playset before you launched the game (I made that mistake a couple of times when I edited the playset, but didn't choose it) and that there are no other mods enabled for testing purposes.

I've tested it a bit and it seems like only non-steam mods don't work, which is very strange since I can still see them in the launcher. Do you have any ideas on how it could be solved?

Edited by Kukech
3 hours ago, Kukech said:

I've tested it a bit and it seems like only non-steam mods don't work, which is very strange since I can still see them in the launcher. Do you have any ideas on how it could be solved?

Nope, sorry. I've never run into this problem and have no idea what might be causing it.

On 10/8/2023 at 4:32 PM, Kukech said:

Are you using Paradox Launcher or Irony Mod Manager? I would guess what is happening here is that the Steam Mods are installing automatically using the Paradox Launcher whilst you have only pasted Carnalitas and other non-Steam mods into the Mod folder. I don't use Paradox Launcher but I think I am correct in saying that you need to activate mods before they show up in game.

I remember, once the children of a female slave were born as slaves, too. I had a look at the files of this mod and found some remains of this idea in carn_traits.txt:

inherit_chance = 100
    parent_inheritance_sex = female

The first should guarantee the inheritance. I like the second part, in particular, which should allow only maternal inheritances. But I guess there was a syntax change in the base game, or something like that, as genetic inheritable traits are being handled by a different system:

genetic = yes
    physical = yes
    good = yes

birth = 0 # handled through script
    random_creation = 0

Here the birth-modifyer handles the inheritance chance. I tried to add this with birth = 100 to the slave trait in the file, but with no changes ingame.

Does someone have an idea on how to fix this?

On 10/11/2023 at 11:07 AM, Grey Cloud said:

Are you using Paradox Launcher or Irony Mod Manager? I would guess what is happening here is that the Steam Mods are installing automatically using the Paradox Launcher whilst you have only pasted Carnalitas and other non-Steam mods into the Mod folder. I don't use Paradox Launcher but I think I am correct in saying that you need to activate mods before they show up in game.

Thanks for the reply! How can I install them? From what I remember, it was enough to just put the files in the folder

On 10/9/2023 at 12:56 AM, Dwjliel said:

Are ANY mods in documents/mods working?

Got their descriptor as well as the folders in there?

image.png.b40cd0458d035b4075753fd9bc890794.png

Inside folder looks like:
image.png.7a3f51fb161812891f2f843de1110462.png

None of those that don't originate from Steam. And yes, everything is alright about the files themselves. Tested it on the other pc, works just fine for some reason

37 minutes ago, Kukech said:

Thanks for the reply! How can I install them? From what I remember, it was enough to just put the files in the folder

I've never used the Paradox Launcher so I don't know how to set it up. From what I understand, once the Launcher is installed/set up it will find any mods in your 'mod' folder. You then have to activate them in the Launcher. Irony Mod Manger which i use works in the same way. Install Irony, it find the mods in the 'mod' folder and you activate them.

Paradox Launcher is the blue thing you see in some of the load order screenshots you see in the various threads. Maybe have a look around your computer for the launcher.

I have a problem with the slave system. I enslaved a prisoner of war. She had a evil faith so it should have been rightfull but she still has a big -80 relationship because I unlawfully enslaved her. What went wrong with the religion?

Edited by xyzxyz
24 minutes ago, xyzxyz said:

I have a problem with the slave system. I enslaved a prisoner of war. She had a evil faith so it should have been rightfull but she still has a big -80 relationship because I unlawfully enslaved her. What went wrong with the religion?

I guess it is her faith's slavery acceptance that affects her opinion 

Achinese mod popped up  tat hooks into this  to possibly expand tha make love / rape interaction to lead to wars or something?
WOndering if any brave souls want to try it: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3071653735

DeepL translation:

Spoiler

- Feature Description
Adds a new option to a ruler's interactions with characters belonging to his or her territory: requesting bedding!
Allows you to ask your spouse to fulfill an obligation, or ask for the services of a bannerman or courtier and their wives and daughters. (Due to CK3's stupid fertility setting, this interaction is not allowed to be used with minors for the sake of sound content. ps. Please modify your local files yourself~)
Greatly facilitates player access to bastard inheritance laws, now you can manually plow in order to produce offspring.
-If rejected by spouse
Rulers gain stress and spouses and their next of kin gain a negative favor modifier against you.
-If rejected by a character other than your spouse
The character and his or her next of kin gain a negative favor modifier against you, possibly forcing a rebellion against the faction to which the character's landed next of kin belongs, or that landed next of kin rebels (bannermen who dislike you intensely, love the character, or are highly honorable will join the rebellion).
-If the target is a landless character
The success of the interaction is partially determined by the parameters (favorability, etc.) associated with their powerful closest relatives (not fully implemented).

- Kha framework support
This mod taps into the Kalinatas Framework (version 2.1), allowing you to enable the framework and its extended preset content in the game rules, which will trigger its event chain when an interaction is accepted (those who will use the text replacement tool can customize your own interaction scenarios).
The card frame mod needs to be loaded prior to this mod.
Default game rules are disabled, at which point the interaction content only shows the chances of the object getting pregnant on success.

- Some of the parameters are publicized
The algorithms for triggering involuntary scenarios and pregnancy chances are copied exactly from CardFrame, please do not contact the author of this mod if you have any questions, there is no desire to modify them at this time.
Cooldown for interacting with the same object: 30 days
Requirements for the object's parents to rebel: Favorability to them >= 40
Requirements for a rebellion against the object's next of kin: Favorability >= 60
Rebellion against a bannerman who loves you: Favorability >= 80
Rebellion by a bannerman who hates you: <=-75 favor with you.
High honor bannermen rebellion requirement: honor character value > 99

- Other gameplay notes
There is no AI logic written at this time, and this interaction only applies to players who are big bullies and bully men and women.
Additionally, the parameters for accepting or not accepting the interaction are written rather crudely (largely from the imprisonment interaction), so feel free to leave a comment below the mod if you have a suitable idea.
For missing localization text, please check to see if the Enable Card's Frame rule and your mod's loading order are turned on.
Known issues
If the next of kin is a bannerman's bannerman, he will not rebel (military strength is also minimal, not a major issue, may be fixed at some point)
The adult child of a bannerman is also listed as interacting, but he may be far away (obviously doesn't make sense), fixed in the next release

- In the works.
Possibly an update to the soliciting a lady-in-waiting interaction, which requires the wives and daughters of bannermen and courtiers to come to your court (divorced if they have contracted a marriage) and have the ruler obtain a strong hold (shelter) from them.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Edited by Dwjliel
2 hours ago, AlipheeseXV said:

Is Carnalitas fully functionally in the new update or does it also need to be updated by cheri?

its currently being updated (patch is almost complete, and a fully functional version is avaliable on the discord, just having some backend stuff tested before cheri pushes a new public patch)

• 3 weeks later...