[mod] Carnalitas - Unified Sex Mod Framework for CK3

• 3 weeks later...

Is the mod fully uploaded to the current version and dlc's? I'm asking because it shows on the luncher but there are no rules or changes in the gameplay at all. I loaded it as the only mod in the playlist, i changed the location of the folder, i tried to copy the mod and the .mod to the steam workshop folder, changed the path in the .mod...nothing worked so far. The only thing i managed to achieve was to put the luncher in a perpetual state of trying to sync and making the mod folder crash as soon as i tried to edit the .mod to try new things. Disinstalled the game and the mod several times already while trying to make it work. I'm out of ideas lol

5 hours ago, gfliesaway said:

Is the mod fully uploaded to the current version and dlc's? I'm asking because it shows on the luncher but there are no rules or changes in the gameplay at all. I loaded it as the only mod in the playlist, i changed the location of the folder, i tried to copy the mod and the .mod to the steam workshop folder, changed the path in the .mod...nothing worked so far. The only thing i managed to achieve was to put the luncher in a perpetual state of trying to sync and making the mod folder crash as soon as i tried to edit the .mod to try new things. Disinstalled the game and the mod several times already while trying to make it work. I'm out of ideas lol

1) Read FAQ

2) Go to discord, it is much more livelier

• 2 weeks later...

Please fix this bug, when I was using Carnalitas and Character Body Overhaul, I found that in barbershop and events, if the character was futa and trait dick_big_good_3, some of the positions would become such a weird situation and the dick takes on a very unnatural shape.Men have a normal posture, so I think it must be a model bug.image.png.cb0daf1c0eb5e7a8220a34017644d6c2.png

T%){{[%$[RAFO$L%H706G8D.png

On 1/8/2024 at 2:16 AM, North943501284 said:

Please fix this bug, when I was using Carnalitas and Character Body Overhaul, I found that in barbershop and events, if the character was futa and trait dick_big_good_3, some of the positions would become such a weird situation and the dick takes on a very unnatural shape.Men have a normal posture, so I think it must be a model bug.

That's CBO bug, not Carnalitas. Ask at 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/24/2023 at 9:15 PM, gfliesaway said:

Already tried everything mentioned in the FAQ, as i mentioned, but i'll try my luck in Discord. Thanks anyway!

This maybe a late reply but just adding it to the mod folder and creating a playset that used it was enough to get it to work for me. If you don't have a mod folder already try adding a mod from the steam workshop that should create the correct mod folder anyway.

6 minutes ago, herpesschmerpes said:

So... I just tested the mod for the first time (together with Elder Kings) and I noticed that there's no "visualization" at all when I use the "Make Love" option. My guy just loses some stress.

There is no such feature in this mod. You need CBO for that, but it's incompatible with Elder Kings

6 minutes ago, herpesschmerpes said:

Also, my wife lets me at it about once a year or so. That's pretty harsh for a newly wed couple...

It can be changed in game rules

- Why on earth are sex animations inside a seperate "body overhaul" mod? Wouldn't they belong into this mod or into an independent one??

- What if I want animations but don't want a body replacer for compatibility reasons (like for EK2 or other total conversions)?

- What if I'm using simple slits and shafts for that reason? Don't I get any actual "scenes" then?

2 minutes ago, herpesschmerpes said:

- Why on earth are sex animations inside a seperate "body overhaul" mod? Wouldn't they belong into this mod or into an independent one??

Smth about vanilla skeleton, I guess

- What if I want animations but don't want a body replacer for compatibility reasons (like for EK2 or other total conversions)?

F

- What if I'm using simple slits and shafts for that reason? Don't I get any actual "scenes" then?

No animations without CBO

Ok, thanks...

Do I need Carnal Court, too?

This is all a bit overwhelming...

And should I even bother with CFP and EPE and the two dozen compatibility patches? It's probably complicated enough as is.

And just to be clear: if I go with the simple slits/shafts approach, I will never get any anims at all?... (and neither with "native" CBO?)

What other mods would be pretty much essential at the time being? I try to judge by download count, but since they are all-time-counts, I don't know how reliable that really is.

Edited by herpesschmerpes
4 hours ago, herpesschmerpes said:

Do I need Carnal Court, too?

No it is already included in CBO (+standalone version is outdated)

4 hours ago, herpesschmerpes said:

And should I even bother with CFP and EPE and the two dozen compatibility patches? It's probably complicated enough as is.

And just to be clear: if I go with the simple slits/shafts approach, I will never get any anims at all?... (and neither with "native" CBO?)

What other mods would be pretty much essential at the time being? I try to judge by download count, but since they are all-time-counts, I don't know how reliable that really is.

Better ask at carnalitas' discord. There is separate chat for CBO (magne-...)

I've tested the mod with Fallen Eagle and it looks it't not compatible.

The load order was:

TFE

Carnalitas

Carnalitas - Historic Slavery Doctrines

CLR

CSR

CBO

Intimate Encounters

All of them updated to the last version, but there were many graphic conflicts and Idk why the tributaries framework of TFE was just disabled.

Was something wrong with my load order or they can't be used together at all?

Just wanted to say I find it a bit pointless that you can disable the stress gain from arousal but not the stress loss from the "interaction". I'd rather not have the mod interfere with the game balance at all. You can turn off slavery, prostitution, body part attributes etc... why not the stress relief?

3 hours ago, PlinkVanDoren said:

I've tested the mod with Fallen Eagle and it looks it't not compatible.

The load order was:

TFE

Carnalitas

Carnalitas - Historic Slavery Doctrines

CLR

CSR

CBO

Intimate Encounters

All of them updated to the last version, but there were many graphic conflicts and Idk why the tributaries framework of TFE was just disabled.

Was something wrong with my load order or they can't be used together at all?

Remove CBO and try again.

9 hours ago, herpesschmerpes said:

Just wanted to say I find it a bit pointless that you can disable the stress gain from arousal but not the stress loss from the "interaction". I'd rather not have the mod interfere with the game balance at all. You can turn off slavery, prostitution, body part attributes etc... why not the stress relief?

Its like -20 stress once a year, is that really so inbalanced enough to comment on?

Fixing it for your personal satisafation would be the perfect minor mod to try to learn a bit about the way things work, if you fancy it.

Edited by Dwjliel
11 hours ago, Dwjliel said:

Its like -20 stress once a year, is that really so inbalanced enough to comment on?

Fixing it for your personal satisafation would be the perfect minor mod to try to learn a bit about the way things work, if you fancy it.

I am deeply sorry for providing feedback, lol.

And: yes, it's a significant impact on game balance losing 15 stress once a year for free. It even says in the setting descriptions that disabling stress gain from arousal will unbalance the game. Then why can't I just disable both? With all the other settings in place, how hard can it be?

Edited by herpesschmerpes
16 hours ago, Dwjliel said:

It breaks entire stress mechanic, lol

When stress reaches 100 game gives you options to choose. You can get bad trait and lose stress, or you gain stress and the event is postponed for 5 years.

5*20 = 100 so it allows you to pick the latter and don't suffer any shortcomings.

12 hours ago, herpesschmerpes said:

I am deeply sorry for providing feedback, lol.

And: yes, it's a significant impact on game balance losing 15 stress once a year for free. It even says in the setting descriptions that disabling stress gain from arousal will unbalance the game. Then why can't I just disable both? With all the other settings in place, how hard can it be?

Agreed, the stress loss always bugged me, too.

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, xyzxyz said:

Where can I reduce the make-love cooldown?

I don't think you can do that midgame unless you edit the savegame but for new games, in game rules, Carnalitas has a game rule where you can choose "no cooldown"