Hi guys!  From earlier versions of SD, I remember that while an indentured servant, the master wouldn't follow you.  They would stay put, you would go off to earn the 500 gold to buy-out your freedom, come back, give the master the gold, and then complete the quest.  However, and unless this mechanic has changed recently, my master now follows me.  In my latest enslavement, I was making my way to Whiterun, the master was following me, he saw a fox, and things got ugly.  So, I was just wondering, did this mechanic change?  If it hadn't, might there be a fix?  Cheers! 

The master follows the slave on the tasks now so that it's not too easy to escape. A master will also scan for hostile creatures and NPCs in LOS just in case the slave is leading the master into an ambush ( more accurately, see's the ambush coming ).

I don't know why he went crazy over the fox. Maybe pray animals like foxes auto go hostile so they run away. I'll look into that.

For SD2 I think you should set up a few custom NPCs where you can be in complete control of their AI. These custom NPCs can always come in quickly after you are initially enslaved and buy you from the original master then take you to a prepared place for the rest of the enslavement process where you can also have much greater control over what items are available and everything else. Once free you might be forced to return to the original master to get the rest of your goods back.

The key there is that you might need someone who's good at building places to help with the master's houses. The fun though is that you could give each of those custom masters a unique personality and level of alertness.

Some of the fun of the current mod is that with such a large part of Tamriel able to enslave you the number of unique situations you can get into is uncountable so maybe the above idea isn't that good after all but right now you're constantly chasing small problems usually caused by quirks in the AI programming.

Thanks Jbezorg and Whatto51!  I appreciate it.  It's good to know that everything is working as intended.  I'm now intrigued to find out what will happen once I get to Whiterun.  ;) As with the fox then, and what I meant with "things got ugly", I think I may have found a bug, unfortunately.  After the master finally killed the fox, he came back and gave my toon a flogging because, of course, as the master was trying to kill the fox, I was outside the escape radius, and so the game determined that I was trying to escape.   (The interface did say that I had five minutes to escape, but being shackled, unable to run, with my weapons a bit of a distance away, I just waited for him to finish killing the fox).  After the flogging when the master decided to gag and blindfold me, as soon as I was equipped with these, suddenly the enslavement was completed, and everything (gag, blindfold, collar, and shackles) were removed.  My toon remained in ragdoll, oddly, while the now ex-master was attacking me with his weapons.  I can't remember if I died or not, I'm sure I did.  But I did end up reverting to my previous save, however, since there was nothing I could do.  Nevertheless, thanks for your help guys!  Cheers! 

I have the exact same problems as Ghostlynoob (always have, in fact). Followed installation instructions to the letter, know about the NMM 0.44.3 bug (doesn't apply to me because I installed SD manually and upgraded NMM to 0.44.4). Nothing seems to work right with this mod. Can I do anything else to fix it or should I just give up?

Relok, are you also experiencing CTDs with SD installed, or is it just the animations are not working?  If you are, make sure those SD patches for mods and DLCs that you don't have installed are disabled in your load order.  For instance, if you don't have the Frostfall mod installed, make sure the "SDpatch -frostfall.esp" is deselected in your load order.  If you've done that and it still doesn't work, my only other guess is that you didn't install SD properly. 

Thanks Jbezorg and Whatto51!  I appreciate it.  It's good to know that everything is working as intended.  I'm now intrigued to find out what will happen once I get to Whiterun.  ;) As with the fox then, and what I meant with "things got ugly", I think I may have found a bug, unfortunately.  After the master finally killed the fox, he came back and gave my toon a flogging because, of course, as the master was trying to kill the fox, I was outside the escape radius, and so the game determined that I was trying to escape.   (The interface did say that I had five minutes to escape, but being shackled, unable to run, with my weapons a bit of a distance away, I just waited for him to finish killing the fox).  After the flogging when the master decided to gag and blindfold me, as soon as I was equipped with these, suddenly the enslavement was completed, and everything (gag, blindfold, collar, and shackles) were removed.  My toon remained in ragdoll, oddly, while the now ex-master was attacking me with his weapons.  I can't remember if I died or not, I'm sure I did.  But I did end up reverting to my previous save, however, since there was nothing I could do.  Nevertheless, thanks for your help guys!  Cheers! 

Something must have gone wrong during the fox hunt. I haven't installed last update (waiting for working NMM and having not much time now) but during indentured quest there is no escape radius, so I don't understand why the five minutes clock started with that followed. Looks like too many unlucky circumstances happened all together.

For SD2 I think you should set up a few custom NPCs where you can be in complete control of their AI. These custom NPCs can always come in quickly after you are initially enslaved and buy you from the original master then take you to a prepared place for the rest of the enslavement process where you can also have much greater control over what items are available and everything else. Once free you might be forced to return to the original master to get the rest of your goods back.

The key there is that you might need someone who's good at building places to help with the master's houses. The fun though is that you could give each of those custom masters a unique personality and level of alertness.

Some of the fun of the current mod is that with such a large part of Tamriel able to enslave you the number of unique situations you can get into is uncountable so maybe the above idea isn't that good after all but right now you're constantly chasing small problems usually caused by quirks in the AI programming.

I like your suggestion very much. It also helps with terrain issues... I hate that castle/bridge east of Whiterun, as most animations end with deadly falls down bridge or stairs. So preset locations and NPCs open lot of possibilities. But needs a lot of work as you can't use always the same.

I think the replay value outweighs the AI quirks and the effort it takes to fix them or at least mitigate them. An example of this is that I finally fixed the AI for that cage Alias resource that I've had forever and got removed before every release because it didn't work. Master's will try to use cages to lock up their slave(s) at night when they sleep in the next maintenance update.

I believe I have installed this mod correctly but I am running into a minor problem with the flowering spriggan. It all works well enough, but when I am in first person view the gauntlets appear to have a mismatched greyish texture. Nalim's spriggan armor on the nexus also suffers from the same issue. I'm just wondering if it's possible to fix?

I also have a small suggestion also relating to the spriggan race. Could they use the claw attacks that the beast races use? I just think that would be awesome if possible. You could could guess that this is one of my favorite aspects of the mod so far and you'd be right. I've been playing with this mod for about a day and I must say it's absolutely fantastic.

Other then that I could also probably offer some clarification on the fox problem mentioned above. They most likely are hostile despite the fact that they flee. Using courage on them forces them to go all aggro on you and I believe they appear as hostile enemies if you use detect life. The same goes for deer and other passive wildlife that flees from you.

I believe I have installed this mod correctly but I am running into a minor problem with the flowering spriggan. It all works well enough, but when I am in first person view the gauntlets appear to have a mismatched greyish texture. Nalim's spriggan armor on the nexus also suffers from the same issue. I'm just wondering if it's possible to fix?

I also have a small suggestion also relating to the spriggan race. Could they use the claw attacks that the beast races use? I just think that would be awesome if possible. You could could guess that this is one of my favorite aspects of the mod so far and you'd be right. I've been playing with this mod for about a day and I must say it's absolutely fantastic.

Other then that I could also probably offer some clarification on the fox problem mentioned above. They most likely are hostile despite the fact that they flee. Using courage on them forces them to go all aggro on you and I believe they appear as hostile enemies if you use detect life. The same goes for deer and other passive wildlife that flees from you.

If you have NifScope you can change the texture paths.

Claw attacks for beast races.. Hmmm... I'll look.

Given that the master will try to protect the slave, that the player is semi imortal, and that you lead the master around while doing tasks it's very easy to see that walking very close to something like, oh Giants, can be used to your advantage to escape.

The master's script tries to scan for hostile Creatures & NPCs and if LOS can be established before the player can lead the master into their trap, the task quest is aborted and master retreats with the slave. The scan used "IsHostile" as a test. So the false positive with the Fox. New version uses Agression, Confidence & Relationship rank

Updates

2013.03.23 Maintenance Update: 2013032301

• SKSE 1.6.13 Is now required and all scripts have been recompiled under that version.
  • SexiS Data is now required (Only SexiS sex animations are used so you still need SD FNIS). You ARE NOT required to download the ESM. Though you may want to.
  • Completing the spriggan quest now gives the player a Summon Spriggan spell. If you've already completed the quest, reading the book again should teach you the spell.
  • Finally used the cage alias to lock up the player when the master is sleeping.
  • Altered Master's AI and ambush detection
  • More support for Localization added. sanguinesDebauchery_ENGLISH.txt updated. Make sure it gets copied into the Data/Interface/Translations folder.

loved the mod, possible bug:

- when being infected with vampirism, the player will get the normal messages when the sun sets but they never seem to turn into a vampire until they are set free with the indentured servant quest, escaping, being set free, etc. not sure if that is intended

It's a known. Can't do anything about it without stomping on other very popular vampirism mods. ( Beth prevents the transformation if the player cannot enter combat. Slavery prevents the player from entering combat )

There's quite frankly way too many posts in the old archived thread to sort through so I figure I'll just ask these questions that I'm sure have been answered before already but:

1. The surrender key doesn't seem to work no matter what key I bind it to.

2. How do I start the Spriggan quest? Spriggans just kill me instead of enslaving me.

Yeah so the Hired Thugs Quest bug that I mentioned earlier still seems to be a problem, and it doesn't seem that any other mods are causing a possible conflict.

You can be and will be killed by very powerful enemies.

SD.2013.03.23.01.Dropin.7z contains an updated BSA and ESP that will cause the thugs to aggro at the end of the scene where they tell the player they're going to teach a lesson.

As the name implies, just drop in contents into the Skyrim data folder. You don't need SD.2013.03.23.02.Maint.7z which just contains the updates for new downloads.  :)

There's quite frankly way too many posts in the old archived thread to sort through so I figure I'll just ask these questions that I'm sure have been answered before already but:

1. The surrender key doesn't seem to work no matter what key I bind it to.

2. How do I start the Spriggan quest? Spriggans just kill me instead of enslaving me.

The surrender key works only if you are in combat and have an enemy targeted. You will then surrender to that enemy and they will be your master/mistress.

For spriggans, avoid the DOT attack ( when their hands glow green )

If I have not installed SD through MCM, do I need to do the uninstall process to update?

You need to do a full uninstall. Yes. OP contains instructions how to do so under Prior to 2012.01.14 Release.

Yeah so the Hired Thugs Quest bug that I mentioned earlier still seems to be a problem, and it doesn't seem that any other mods are causing a possible conflict.

SD.2013.03.23.01.Dropin.7z contains an updated BSA and ESP that will cause the thugs to aggro at the end of the scene where they tell the player they're going to teach a lesson.

As the name implies, just drop in contents into the Skyrim data folder. You don't need SD.2013.03.23.02.Maint.7z which just contains the updates for new downloads.  :)

Doesn't work for me.  Only the one guy actually attacks still after the line, the other two just draw then sheathe their weapons again.  And they still repeat the line, draw and sheathe their weapons after I've been enslaved, in an endless loop that doesn't get me anywhere.

Doesn't work for me.  Only the one guy actually attacks still after the line, the other two just draw then sheathe their weapons again.  And they still repeat the line, draw and sheathe their weapons after I've been enslaved, in an endless loop that doesn't get me anywhere.

Reset the quest WIAddItem03 with the following command

stopquest WIAddItem03

The thugs currently after you will become useless. Kill & delete them with console or just leave them. If you continue to steal stuff the quest will restart very soon.

Ok, sorry for another question but I have managed to start the Spriggan quest and I have found the book and read it, it gives me the spell but nothing happens. I cast the spell and it just summons a spriggan to fight for me, and my quest journal doesn't update at all. It keeps pointing at where the book was originally. Any ideas?

Hihi!  So, I just tested the newest update, and sadly I'm running into all kinds of strange issues.  :( First, when I insult my master, instead of the interface saying demerits added, it's saying demerits deducted.  However, when I try to escape, the interface still says "demerits added".  Using the "passive" option, I'm still getting "deducted" though.  Then, my master started to pat off, but the interface didn't say I was escaping, even though I was well out of the radius.  When I decided to finally catch up to the master, and decided to insult her, the rape scene didn't initiate.   Instead, what happened was akin to shift+end'ing, though I didn't shift+end.  Attempting any further, resulted likewise, including the passive, "What must I do to please you?".  There was a hunter's camp nearby with a bedroll, but since it was owned by the hunter, the master just stood there.  Not sure if that (the new sleeping feature) might have something to do with these issues since everything was working fine until the master decided to pat to that camp, apart from the interface saying "demerits deducted" after using the "anger" option.  On a positive note, a deer ran by and my master didn't kill it.  But there was a forest spider nearby too, and she didn't kill that either.   :lol: Oh, and when I approached the spider, it didn't attack me.  :huh:  Strange things afoot.  I blame the reiklings, however.  Cheers!

Reset the quest WIAddItem03 with the following command

stopquest WIAddItem03

The thugs currently after you will become useless. Kill & delete them with console or just leave them. If you continue to steal stuff the quest will restart very soon.

Doesn't fix it.  same problem every time.

I´m having a ctd when defeated in the newest version, i had the SD.2013.03.17.02.Maint.7z, i made the dance of uninstallation (uninstall in mcm, wait for 2 hours, save, uninstall by nexus, execute fnis, load, save, exit, install sexis data, install by SD.2013.03.23.02.Maint.7z nexus, run fnis, load game, install sangune, beguin sanguine in mcm, and when defeated my char kneels and....CTD, i have the required skse, any help?

Hihi!  So, I just tested the newest update, and sadly I'm running into all kinds of strange issues.  :( First, when I insult my master, instead of the interface saying demerits added, it's saying demerits deducted.  However, when I try to escape, the interface still says "demerits added".  Using the "passive" option, I'm still getting "deducted" though.  Then, my master started to pat off, but the interface didn't say I was escaping, even though I was well out of the radius.  When I decided to finally catch up to the master, and decided to insult her, the rape scene didn't initiate.   Instead, what happened was akin to shift+end'ing, though I didn't shift+end.  Attempting any further, resulted likewise, including the passive, "What must I do to please you?".  There was a hunter's camp nearby with a bedroll, but since it was owned by the hunter, the master just stood there.  Not sure if that (the new sleeping feature) might have something to do with these issues since everything was working fine until the master decided to pat to that camp, apart from the interface saying "demerits deducted" after using the "anger" option.  On a positive note, a deer ran by and my master didn't kill it.  But there was a forest spider nearby too, and she didn't kill that either.   :lol: Oh, and when I approached the spider, it didn't attack me.  :huh:  Strange things afoot.  I blame the reiklings, however.  Cheers!

I have the same issues, scenes won't initiate(goes straight to ragdoll[end of scene]).  Issue with demerits as well, never updates the total "score."  Unsure if bug or Implemented but Character with Coveted or the other(one allows you to sell your body) is shown when talking to Master or Mistress.

Side note first when i tried sound wasn't working for npc's master's.  Disabled Sexis.esm and Lover's Comfort, now have sound.  Unsure which caused it.