Sexlab Mind Break --BETA-- Updated Nov 15 2020

10 minutes ago, DayTri said:

I think the mod will break if you try the upgrade on an existing save, see changelog at the bottom of the file page: clean save or new save.

But, if you want to try anyway:

in console,

resetquest slmb_MCM

See if this fixes it, if not, maybe:

resetquest slmb_MCM

stopquest slmb_MCM

startquest slmb_MCM

clean save would just be removing the mod on existing save then saving the game and using something like fallrimtools to remove the missing scripts and then reload the game with the mod active again?, i might try my luck with just resetting the quest in the console and see if the feature still work correctly. i'm just about done with my game anyways.

See if turning off expressions in config works or not on an existing save will get back to you.

okay my experience so far,  One thing even though i completely wiped the old mod off of my save and used fallrimtools to clean it, i still have the same resistance values in the mcm menu somehow. 

this is also happened with that console command 

setstage slmb_main 1, again only the bar on the right refuses to default even after clean saving it still remains this way.

And the difficulty bar from what i could tell doesn't seem to function correctly on an existing save even after cleaning it. I can confirm it works correctly on a save that doesn't have slmb previously installed. 

20201116041530_1.jpg.f9ac09d00b13beda8ade9d21d0c58973.jpg

Another thing, i noticed that the expressions are off as default even with a new save, but the expressions still function, when i try and turn on the setting it simply turns off again after refreshing the page.

2 hours ago, LinksSword said:

okay my experience so far,  One thing even though i completely wiped the old mod off of my save and used fallrimtools to clean it, i still have the same resistance values in the mcm menu somehow. 

this is also happened with that console command 

setstage slmb_main 1, again only the bar on the right refuses to default even after clean saving it still remains this way.

And the difficulty bar from what i could tell doesn't seem to function correctly on an existing save even after cleaning it. I can confirm it works correctly on a save that doesn't have slmb previously installed. 

20201116041530_1.jpg.f9ac09d00b13beda8ade9d21d0c58973.jpg

Another thing, i noticed that the expressions are off as default even with a new save, but the expressions still function, when i try and turn on the setting it simply turns off again after refreshing the page.

Thanks!

1. Looks like I forgot to set a property on the toggle for expressions

2. Those values are persisting because they're storageUtil data.

I'll make a quick patch hopefully today or tomorrow for these issues.

1 hour ago, LinksSword said:

so your going to add gang bang quests? where you may or may not end up a sex slave, according to your plans on page one that is one of your ideas, I'm all for it honestly.

No quests will be in this mod but I am working on a second mod which uses this one as a dependency.

1 hour ago, LinksSword said:

i think some animations should cause more effect on the players specifically the mind control animations from anubs.

Yep I agree, there is already variation by tags, I will add special variations for "hypnosis" tag or whatever those are using

so i set up a custom scenario, using a few other mods, fill her up, being a cow which transforms you into a hucow, ZAZ animations, Beyond Bruma Minotaurs to set it all into motion, and sexlab utils to cause being a cow effects during orgasms. as it stands this is before/after

20201121013424_1.jpg.3acc3f04ace88ccd878faaa7fc516c98.jpg

20201121022149_1.jpg.316681ab0aac7abf9900ef0243bf3e8b.jpg

20201121194435_1.jpg.043cc2d0e55c614f4a1b3ab39a0c2f57.jpg

On 11/20/2020 at 8:56 PM, DayTri said:

Yep I agree, there is already variation by tags, I will add special variations for "hypnosis" tag or whatever those are using

what bout maybe making this compatible with the mod Milk Mod Economy? as milking can/could cause pleasure to rise, and orgasms from milking could cause mind deterioration after long times of milking. More of an excuse to see the ahegao face used when milking my character but it would in theory be a good compatible mod i think to use with this. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, strikemasterz said:

I'm not sure if this is mentioned anywhere else, but it would be great if you could host your code on GitHub! (Or something similar). Would make collaboration easier, as I would love to contribute and improve the code

I will never do this, mostly because I'd be afraid to accidentally push using my real non-anonymous github account. Feel free to post any contributions you want to make though, or fork it and make your own mod hosted somewhere else, or do whatever you want with it really.

2 hours ago, strikemasterz said:

I'm not sure if this is mentioned anywhere else, but it would be great if you could host your code on GitHub! (Or something similar). Would make collaboration easier, as I would love to contribute and improve the code

Just now, DayTri said:

I will never do this, mostly because I'd be afraid to accidentally push using my real non-anonymous github account. Feel free to post any contributions you want to make though, or fork it and make your own mod hosted somewhere else, or do whatever you want with it really.

Though I should say I'm working on changing a lot of the mechanics, because I found I couldn't make the progression worked the way I wanted.

I'm probably going to simplify the system a lot, and then change the SLSO and expressions integration so they are optional patches to SLSO and Sexlab rather than doing the crazy thing I'm trying to do now, which is just run some events that fight with the mechanics those mods already have in place

21 hours ago, DayTri said:

Though I should say I'm working on changing a lot of the mechanics, because I found I couldn't make the progression worked the way I wanted.

I'm probably going to simplify the system a lot, and then change the SLSO and expressions integration so they are optional patches to SLSO and Sexlab rather than doing the crazy thing I'm trying to do now, which is just run some events that fight with the mechanics those mods already have in place

That is fine, I understand! The fear is definitely one that is warranted. Even so, I would love to contribute and help fix bugs/issues etc. If you need help with changing those mechanics, let me know and I am down. Otherwise, I'm happy to wait when you have finished the work and I can just provide some bug fixes to ease the load of you

Thank you for your response!

3 hours ago, strikemasterz said:

That is fine, I understand! The fear is definitely one that is warranted. Even so, I would love to contribute and help fix bugs/issues etc. If you need help with changing those mechanics, let me know and I am down. Otherwise, I'm happy to wait when you have finished the work and I can just provide some bug fixes to ease the load of you

Thank you for your response!

If you are aware of specific bugs now in need of fixing or features to add, let me know for sure.

Otherwise do you have suggestions for the mechanics? My problem with the current mechanics are:

1. It's too hard to understand

2. It's too hard to explain

3. It can be boring - sometimes nothing will change or it will take a very long time for stuff to change, or stuff will change too fast.

I'm thinking about changing it to something like this:

1. Each animation gets an associated "intensity" along different values based on tags and partner info (same as current)

2. Player has a "limit" and "enjoyment" associated with each value (same as current)

3. Scene gets "pleasure" or "sorrow" score based on intensity, enjoyment, and whether it is over the limit (same as current)

Changes:

------------------

4. The calculation is going to proc once per animation, not once per scene - mainly I consider this a simplification for myself because I don't need to multiply everything by 5 when thinking about progression

5. BREAK MECHANICS: Instead of player pleasure/sorrow/other going from 0 to 100, it will go from 0 to 100, add to a "break level", and wrap around. This is what devious mindbreak did and makes it a lot easier to think about, since stuff can change discretely.

6. MINIMUM PLEASURE/SORROW LEVELS: Animations won't add to the player's progression toward a new break level unless they have an intensity above some threshold. Now things which aren't a big deal, aren't a big deal

7. WARM UP: Some situations, like being at high arousal/enjoyment during animations, will temporarily increase the player limits. Basically, some things can be unenjoyable without foreplay but enjoyable after some foreplay.

8. WEARDOWN: Some situations, like being at low arousal/enjoyment during animations, will temporarily decrease the player limits.

With 6, 7, and 8 combined, the idea is that it should be possible to roll a PC for whom some situation aren't a "big deal" (no effect on break progression). But, it also sucks to get in some situation where like a dozen SL animations play and there's no effect on the character. So the point is that repeated animations should quickly become a problem.

9. TRAINING: Simplifying this a lot. The game will track when you get in a situation (SL animation) that is close to your limit for some attribute. When you sleep/when some time passes, enjoyment and limit of that attribute can change based on break level.

There is something I could use help with:

Ordering the various creature races in the game in order of schlong size, w/ 10 being the largest human schlong generated by SOS by default

if RaceName == "Draugr" || RaceName == "Riekling" || RaceName == "Falmer" ||  RaceName == "Bear" || RaceName == "Cave Bear" || RaceName == "Snow Bear" || RaceName == "Frostbite Spider"
        size = 12
    elseif RaceName == "Chaurus" || RaceName == "Troll" || RaceName == "Gargoyle"
        size = 18
    elseif RaceName == "Giant" || RaceName == "Lurker" || RaceName == "Gargoyle"
        size = 22
    endif

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/21/2020 at 7:26 PM, LinksSword said:

so i set up a custom scenario, using a few other mods, fill her up, being a cow which transforms you into a hucow, ZAZ animations, Beyond Bruma Minotaurs to set it all into motion, and sexlab utils to cause being a cow effects during orgasms. as it stands this is before/after

20201121013424_1.jpg.3acc3f04ace88ccd878faaa7fc516c98.jpg

20201121022149_1.jpg.316681ab0aac7abf9900ef0243bf3e8b.jpg

20201121194435_1.jpg.043cc2d0e55c614f4a1b3ab39a0c2f57.jpg

Is this scenario publicly available?