Sexlab Mind Break --BETA-- Updated Nov 15 2020

On 11/7/2020 at 8:34 PM, LinksSword said:

one thing that really made devious mindbreak good imo was the compatibility for mods such as sexist guards or sexlab hentai pregnancy which depending on your mind state would override certain feature of said mods. Sexist guard adds comments during rape scenes from the player and devious mindbreak would change the kind of comments you made based off a mind state and hentai pregnancy would change how often you are likely to become pregnant, if this is compatible with even one of these mods that would be amazing.

Def am going to give this mod a test drive at some point soon.

Thanks for the feedback, I wasn't sure if people were interested in using those kinds of compatibility. I can probably implement that same kind of compatibility pretty easily by copying the dvmb scripts

On 11/10/2020 at 12:20 AM, LinksSword said:

one thing that makes no sense to me is in consensual sex scenes your character still displays expressions such as fear or sadness. Which obviously doesn't make sense if you are willingly having sex.  

Yeah I agree. I started implementing a switch to change the expression in some cases but never fully implemented it. I'll make it a priority

4 hours ago, nilead said:

Im quite curious about this one, is spam CTD bug still in place?

As much as i like the progression mechanic described, im not keen of finding out empirically.

What is the spam CTD bug?

15 minutes ago, DayTri said:

What is the spam CTD bug?

What's New in Version 0.0.2

Released August 17

- "Critical Bug: None passed as float[] arg to function, causing log spam and possibly ctd"

From version history on main page. If i misunderstood the implications, and this was meant to mean that said critical bug was fixed - i applogoise, wording was not clear for me.

4 hours ago, nilead said:

What's New in Version 0.0.2

Released August 17

- "Critical Bug: None passed as float[] arg to function, causing log spam and possibly ctd"

From version history on main page. If i misunderstood the implications, and this was meant to mean that said critical bug was fixed - i applogoise, wording was not clear for me.

Yes this was patched in that version

23 hours ago, DayTri said:

Yes this was patched in that version

i got an idea for the next version, why not add a potion that helps restore "mind" like some sort of calm potion that helps you relax, maybe make it so the more broken you are the less effect the potion has to restoring you. could be an interesting way to restore the pc to normal and through payment too because you would have to buy the potion or find it.

Also side note was wondering what settings in the stats menu effected the rate of how quick the "mind" deteriorates? 

because it only took two sex scenes from a werewolf to reduce it from 100 to 93 which i find is a little to quick for my taste.

17 hours ago, LinksSword said:

i got an idea for the next version, why not add a potion that helps restore "mind" like some sort of calm potion that helps you relax, maybe make it so the more broken you are the less effect the potion has to restoring you. could be an interesting way to restore the pc to normal and through payment too because you would have to buy the potion or find it.

Also side note was wondering what settings in the stats menu effected the rate of how quick the "mind" deteriorates? 

because it only took two sex scenes from a werewolf to reduce it from 100 to 93 which i find is a little to quick for my taste.

I am keeping away from adding any items or quest in this because I eventually want it to be a framework. But I'll put some recovery potions in the companion quest mod I'm developing.

So the way it works basically is that each animation gets some associated magnitude along all the stats, based on tags and your partner. So if it's a werewolf, maybe the info associated with the scene is something like:

painful: 70, humiliating: 70, anal: 120

Then it checks these magnitudes against the player. "Sensitivity" is how much the PC is supposed to enjoy each thing. "Limit" is how much is needed to get the full benefit of "sensitivity". I think the default stats are like:

Limits: painful: 0, humiliating:0, anal: 50

Sensitivity: painful:0, humiliating:0, anal: 0.7

In this case, you get 0.7 pleasure per stage. But you also get (70 + 70 + (120 - 50))/100 = 2.1 sorrow per stage, because you are above the limit in all the categories. So two SL scenes with 5 stages each could give 21 sorrow. Having sex with high sorrow is one of the things that reduces "mind", so that's why you start seeing a fast decrease.

This is kind of as intended, since for a "normal" person, sex with a werewolf should be pretty nightmarish. But I have two plans to improve the situation:

1. MCM configs so you can adjust things globally to your taste

2. A new mod with quest rewards to increase resistance to sorrow (and pleasure) to better resist bad stuff

3. Some mechanics changes - pleasure and sorrow won't increase linearly anymore but instead the higher sorrow is, the harder it will be for it to increase. Hopefully that should slow things down a bit too.

30 minutes ago, DayTri said:

I am keeping away from adding any items or quest in this because I eventually want it to be a framework. But I'll put some recovery potions in the companion quest mod I'm developing.

So the way it works basically is that each animation gets some associated magnitude along all the stats, based on tags and your partner. So if it's a werewolf, maybe the info associated with the scene is something like:

painful: 70, humiliating: 70, anal: 120

Then it checks these magnitudes against the player. "Sensitivity" is how much the PC is supposed to enjoy each thing. "Limit" is how much is needed to get the full benefit of "sensitivity". I think the default stats are like:

Limits: painful: 0, humiliating:0, anal: 50

Sensitivity: painful:0, humiliating:0, anal: 0.7

In this case, you get 0.7 pleasure per stage. But you also get (70 + 70 + (120 - 50))/100 = 2.1 sorrow per stage, because you are above the limit in all the categories. So two SL scenes with 5 stages each could give 21 sorrow. Having sex with high sorrow is one of the things that reduces "mind", so that's why you start seeing a fast decrease.

This is kind of as intended, since for a "normal" person, sex with a werewolf should be pretty nightmarish. But I have two plans to improve the situation:

1. MCM configs so you can adjust things globally to your taste

2. A new mod with quest rewards to increase resistance to sorrow (and pleasure) to better resist bad stuff

3. Some mechanics changes - pleasure and sorrow won't increase linearly anymore but instead the higher sorrow is, the harder it will be for it to increase. Hopefully that should slow things down a bit too.

Though it's a little confusing, the limit if i decided to lower it would increase how fast the mind goes down?

I Also noticed that even with almost no mind left you do seem to recover over time, but i find it's way to quick like within few game hours quick to almost restore that mind to 100% 

it either goes down to quick or recovers to quick from what i experience.

45 minutes ago, LinksSword said:

@DayTri So can you tell me what settings in stats would increase or decrease how lewd your character gets?  Or if the "stats" setting even does anything right now.

Does "limit" to lower numbers cause higher chances or is it the otherway around? 

20201114235404_1.jpg

To make less lewd: sensitivity down

To make less sad: limit up.

To make mind decrease more slowly: sensitivity down, limit up.

1 hour ago, DayTri said:

To make less lewd: sensitivity down

To make less sad: limit up.

To make mind decrease more slowly: sensitivity down, limit up.

ok i will note that down, 

also not sure how this happened... maybe a side effect to DDorgasm turned off in SLSO? making the pleasure and sorrow bar go pass the counted 100?

also is there a way to get the tongue to work with the custom race im using?

20201115023937_1.jpg

10 hours ago, LinksSword said:

is there anyway i could fix it on my save? now nothing except sorrow level changes.

Yep.

Try in console:

setstage slmb_main 1

You should get a "fixing everything" notification and your stats will reset including pleasure, sorrow, and mind.

51 minutes ago, thegrimreaper2 said:

Any update or timescale for this mods features being available for npcs as well as the player? Can't wait to see this mod reach new heights :)

NPC's other than player are distant future to maybe never. Most of the code is designed to allow it but it's not a big priority for me

1 hour ago, DayTri said:

Yep.

Try in console:

setstage slmb_main 1

You should get a "fixing everything" notification and your stats will reset including pleasure, sorrow, and mind.

i was also wondering what slmb_defense is? it never seems to increase or decrease from what i can tell in the console.

23 minutes ago, LinksSword said:

i was also wondering what slmb_defense is? it never seems to increase or decrease from what i can tell in the console.

A global that is left over from before I changed the mechanics, it's deleted in the next update.

1 hour ago, LinksSword said:

what's new?

Big change is that the file is an ESM - I found this was basically required for me to make it a dependency for my upcoming quest mod (not totally required but it made life a lot easier).

- There is a "difficulty" global in the MCM now - if you find stuff is changing too quickly, make it smaller, if you find it's changing too slowly, make it bigger. If you make it 0.5, pleasure will increase at half speed. 0.25, one quarter speed. Etc.

- Now pleasure and sorrow won't change linearly, the bigger they are the harder it will be to increase them. But, the lower "mind", the closer to linear the progression will be.

- Better support for DD plugs/vibrators, which needs to be manually enabled through the MCM.

- A bunch of other mechanics tweaks. Now it is harder for sensitivity to increase, and a bit easier for limit to increase.

- I think I fixed that divide by zero problem you had.

Also see the front page, I updated the description to hopefully make things clearer.

There still isn't documentation for the exact mechanics, but that is because I'm still changing them. Basically how I am working on this now is, I am writing my quest mod for 5 hours, playing Skyrim for 20 minutes to play through the mod, finding some part of the mechanics not working like I want them to, and spending 1 hour changing them. So I don't want to fully document everything since they are still fluctuating a lot.

3 hours ago, DayTri said:

Also see the front page, I updated the description to hopefully make things clearer.

There still isn't documentation for the exact mechanics, but that is because I'm still changing them. Basically how I am working on this now is, I am writing my quest mod for 5 hours, playing Skyrim for 20 minutes to play through the mod, finding some part of the mechanics not working like I want them to, and spending 1 hour changing them. So I don't want to fully document everything since they are still fluctuating a lot.

how can i get the config bar to appear in mcm? it won't show the new options on existing save, i think the menu has to be reset.

11 minutes ago, LinksSword said:

how can i get the config bar to appear in mcm? it won't show the new options on existing save, i think the menu has to be reset.

I think the mod will break if you try the upgrade on an existing save, see changelog at the bottom of the file page: clean save or new save.

But, if you want to try anyway:

in console,

resetquest slmb_MCM

See if this fixes it, if not, maybe:

resetquest slmb_MCM

stopquest slmb_MCM

startquest slmb_MCM