Sexlab Mind Break --BETA-- Updated Nov 15 2020

2 hours ago, DayTri said:

Let me know if there are any features from Devious Mindbreak you are missing. IMO the balance on this mod is better, but it's been awhile since I played with that one.

DM tried to reach out to other mods, made it difficult to work with because of all the soft dependencies. I think with this mod I'll keep it self contained and let other mods reach out to it if they want, or make standalone patches for mods that are highly requested

I honestly cannot think of anything that isn't already being covered, beyond some sort of quest(s). But you're already apparently working on something lol. I def do like the idea of having this be a framework for people to add modules/quests to.

3 hours ago, LinksSword said:

how does this currently compare to devious mindbreak? 

1. no debuffs in this one yet

2. "progression" is slower in this one

3. No quests in this one

4. No discrete "stages" either, just continuously moving numbers

hmm when I put it like that it seems like it is less complete than DVMB. But, author of this mod didn't delete his account, so this one will keep getting supported :D

2 hours ago, sephil77 said:

Hello

is this planned only for Female PC ?

Can a Male PC use it to mindbreak NPC ?

It is designed for female PC. A male PC could use it I guess, Problem is there's no distinction in my code between "receiving" and "performing", although I think by convention I could use the animation position 0 to figure out the "receiver". So right now you could use it for male PC but there'd be no distinction between how much you like getting blowjobs vs giving them

Currently NPCs aren't supported or tracked. I built all the stats using StorageUtil so I think in theory, I could track them for all NPCs. But the current version doesn't do that, some mod events are only set up to trigger for player, etc.

27 minutes ago, Mr.Gentle said:

This looks promising , i hope everyting will go well!

Thanks

Looks promising. As you've requested in the main post, here's some thoughts:

• What I like in the mod's direction: RP. Hence it would be nice to categorize attributes by tiers and display those tier names instead of numbers. 83.783092 doesn't look very immersive ? (of course, numbers could be left on some "debug" page or similar)
  • Traits? Maybe introduce "starting" traits for PC that will allow to imprint what she enjoys from the get go? Because everyone has their quirks and whatever fantasies and so does PC

@Verivy77

SLSO stands for Sexlab Separate Orgasm, a mod here on LoversLab.

Regards, s3ngine

edit: Where are my manners? Nice ideas there, DayTri, very interesting concept. Been trying to think up a similar system myself, maybe I'll have a look at yours. Thanks for the hard work.

I just had an idea, what if when you reach a "powerful" (or mind breaking?) orgasm, there was an option for a unique group of sounds for that, I could easily whip up a few 'hentai-esq' sounds for such use lol

Edit: added a file with 5 sounds.

Edit: the sounds were compiled from royalty free or otherwise non-commercial, open use sources. (Atleast as best to my memory all should be, like funny enough I used abit of someone eating some jello for a couple of the sounds lol)

Powerful.zip

5 hours ago, Lilzt3hcat said:

I just had an idea, what if when you reach a "powerful" (or mind breaking?) orgasm, there was an option for a unique group of sounds for that, I could easily whip up a few 'hentai-esq' sounds for such use lol

Edit: added a file with 5 sounds.

Powerful.zip 851.14 kB · 2 downloads

I could add some kind of option for sounds like that provided by the user. I probably won't include these particular ones in the main file though because if they've been ripped from some anime or JAV then there could be a IP problem.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@zzki9lerzz

It might be equipping for you into an already reserved slot, or something silly might be going on like it isnt marked for use for the race you're playing as. (a common problem for custom races) (meaning you can equip it just fine, but it will not be visible)

------------

@DayTri

Pretty sure you've mentioned that you plan to make the aheago effect an option thing (expression system), i'd like to be able to simply disable just the tongue equipping part, if it equips and unequips too rapidly it will bug out smp based hair/clothes (they spasm or do the good ole infinity stretch). Hopefully it'd be a simple fix.

12 hours ago, Lilzt3hcat said:

@zzki9lerzz

It might be equipping for you into an already reserved slot, or something silly might be going on like it isnt marked for use for the race you're playing as. (a common problem for custom races) (meaning you can equip it just fine, but it will not be visible)

------------

@DayTri

Pretty sure you've mentioned that you plan to make the aheago effect an option thing (expression system), i'd like to be able to simply disable just the tongue equipping part, if it equips and unequips too rapidly it will bug out smp based hair/clothes (they spasm or do the good ole infinity stretch). Hopefully it'd be a simple fix.

Yes, it should be simple. Menu building is the most boring part though and I only work on the mod for fun. I need to figure out how I can make my expression system play nicely with sexlab's - I don't want to manage every NPC expression so I need to find a way to have SL handle everyone except the player, but currently there's no option for that. Once I figure it out I'll build the optionality and MCM, since it might force a big change in the code.

3 hours ago, ercramer69 said:

I have an issue I hope someone might be able to help with, when the tongue equips the character position drops as if they went from wearing high heels to no heels and when it is removed the position goes back to where it should. 

Is there something I can do to stop this from happening?

Do you use a high heels system or a physics system of some kind? I only use HDT - PE, but if the tongues are making smp stuff spaz out maybe they're affecting your character height.

I want to know: How many SL animations can play consecutively in your game before you are bored and start spacing through them?

I am designing some quests now and trying to balance the mechanics at the same time.

Testing with the current quest leads to a "bad end" after ~10 animations. Is this too many?

1 hour ago, DayTri said:

Yes, it should be simple. Menu building is the most boring part though and I only work on the mod for fun. I need to figure out how I can make my expression system play nicely with sexlab's - I don't want to manage every NPC expression so I need to find a way to have SL handle everyone except the player, but currently there's no option for that. Once I figure it out I'll build the optionality and MCM, since it might force a big change in the code.

Do you use a high heels system or a physics system of some kind? I only use HDT - PE, but if the tongues are making smp stuff spaz out maybe they're affecting your character height.

I use HDT-PE with NIOVHH for heels.  I have the remove High Heel height checked in Sexlab when scenes start. 

2 hours ago, DayTri said:

I want to know: How many SL animations can play consecutively in your game before you are bored and start spacing through them?

I am designing some quests now and trying to balance the mechanics at the same time.

Testing with the current quest leads to a "bad end" after ~10 animations. Is this too many?

If it does so in a row kinda like devious mindbreak's bad ends did, gotta be careful how quickly it goes to the next anim after the previous one ends due to script lag or some weird stuff can happen like anim stacks or the chars just standing there making noises lol

1 hour ago, Lilzt3hcat said:

If it does so in a row kinda like devious mindbreak's bad ends did, gotta be careful how quickly it goes to the next anim after the previous one ends due to script lag or some weird stuff can happen like anim stacks or the chars just standing there making noises lol

I think that one you are referring to is the consequence of failing a quest, I mean how many consecutive animations is a reasonable number before the pleasure stat becomes so high you "fail" a quest in the first place.

Like, say there is a simple quest or part of a quest with the following story.

1. Player Character is rude to some bandits

2. Bandit tricks PC into taking an aphrodisiac as revenge

3. Bandits gangbang PC [Some number of SL animations]

4A. Bandits eventually get tired and PC is able to escape [Good End]

4B. PC enjoys it too much and is taken by the bandits as a sex slave [Bad End]

Whether 4A or 4B happens should depend on the stats tracked by this mod. But how many animations should play in step #3? 1 seems not enough. 20 seems like way too many. Maybe 5? In a movie each step could be its own scene, step #3 would probably be 25 - 40 minutes.

4 hours ago, ercramer69 said:

I use HDT-PE with NIOVHH for heels.  I have the remove High Heel height checked in Sexlab when scenes start. 

I did some testing and found that the issue only seems to happen if shows that have heels and raise the character height being equipped before the sex scene starts causes the tongue to change the position level of the character, but no high heels or bare feet before the scene starts and the tongue doesn't affect the position.

So it's like the tongue being equipped has sexlab thinking the heeled boots came off so it lowers the position a second time then when the tongue unequips sexlab thinks the heels are put back on and raises the level back.   If that makes sense.

As for the animations question, I would say more than 5, maybe between 7-10.

10 hours ago, DayTri said:

I think that one you are referring to is the consequence of failing a quest, I mean how many consecutive animations is a reasonable number before the pleasure stat becomes so high you "fail" a quest in the first place.

Like, say there is a simple quest or part of a quest with the following story.

1. Player Character is rude to some bandits

2. Bandit tricks PC into taking an aphrodisiac as revenge

3. Bandits gangbang PC [Some number of SL animations]

4A. Bandits eventually get tired and PC is able to escape [Good End]

4B. PC enjoys it too much and is taken by the bandits as a sex slave [Bad End]

Whether 4A or 4B happens should depend on the stats tracked by this mod. But how many animations should play in step #3? 1 seems not enough. 20 seems like way too many. Maybe 5? In a movie each step could be its own scene, step #3 would probably be 25 - 40 minutes.

5 to 7,8 Anims seems reasonable.

• 1 month later...

one thing that really made devious mindbreak good imo was the compatibility for mods such as sexist guards or sexlab hentai pregnancy which depending on your mind state would override certain feature of said mods. Sexist guard adds comments during rape scenes from the player and devious mindbreak would change the kind of comments you made based off a mind state and hentai pregnancy would change how often you are likely to become pregnant, if this is compatible with even one of these mods that would be amazing.

Def am going to give this mod a test drive at some point soon.