• 3 weeks later...

There's been ten backported mods on Nexus within the last month, nevermind before that. Not started at the same time and converted, but backported.

"impossible" != "I don't know how" and it's plainly clear which category you fall under.

Any scriptwork that isn't weather change or water flow based or a collection of cells larger than any original one can be ported 1:1 to either SKU on demand at any time. You not knowing how has jack to do with how the CK and asset porting works.

All you're reinforcing is the narrative that people on SSE are on SSE because they know actual jack about modding and mod arrangement/compatibility thereof.

12 minutes ago, 27X said:

All you're reinforcing is the narrative that people on SSE are on SSE because they know actual jack about modding and mod arrangement/compatibility thereof.

Ah so you are just biased about SE users. That explains a lot

How about youre helpful for once then and tell the guy above how to do it as truth be told, I dont know. Never heard of a way to do port .esps from SE to LE

I have a version... My zip is called "The Kids Are Alright - The Director's Cut-83009-4-92-1558961986" I think I downloaded it pretty recently, so it might be the latest version.

I need a file myself though; I didn't realize that mine is a version where I'm forced to go around slaughtering Bandit and Forsworn children, and I REALLY don't like killing kids. Is there a no kill patch that goes with my version?? My husband played with an older version and he had a no kill patch, but I'm afraid downgrading to an older version would mean I'd have to start a new game.

13 hours ago, ShenGo said:

I have a version... My zip is called "The Kids Are Alright - The Director's Cut-83009-4-92-1558961986" I think I downloaded it pretty recently, so it might be the latest version.

I need a file myself though; I didn't realize that mine is a version where I'm forced to go around slaughtering Bandit and Forsworn children, and I REALLY don't like killing kids. Is there a no kill patch that goes with my version?? My husband played with an older version and he had a no kill patch, but I'm afraid downgrading to an older version would mean I'd have to start a new game.

well i have the same problem before unistall tkaa :'C sadly, well with the comand resetai stop fighting and if you kill hem use the command resurrect.

¿can you share that version of tkaa? plis :CCCC

On 8/18/2020 at 8:17 AM, Scrab said:

Ah so you are just biased about SE users. That explains a lot

That wasn't what was said or even hinted. Calm down and read it again.

On 8/18/2020 at 8:17 AM, Scrab said:

Never heard of a way to do port .esps from SE to LE

Harvald explains how to do it and looks to me like GC follows those instructions successfully.

However, Harvald does point out the backporting NPC's can be problematic, which isn't going to help with an NPC overhaul like TKAA but certainly appears the .esp is not an issue.

51 minutes ago, TentakelnBitte said:

Backporting NPCs is 50/50 hit or miss. Sometimes they convert smoothly, sometimes the head has issues.

The follower someone asks for in that thread had a problem where the converted head either had correct textures and a deformed mesh, or correct mesh and black face bug. Everything else with it (armor, dialogue, etc.) converted fine. 

Anyway, I have Eng LE version 3.3 (the final version before the SE jump, I think) with various fixes & patches if anyone want them.

It's about a gig and a half, so I don't want to upload for hours if nobody needs this version.

tkaa-archives.png.013a8f13b5354b826f14950aa96f0f4e.png

I can tell you that Episode 3 will have Hostile children with Bandits, Forsworn and Mages. The mage kids being the worst with their fireball staffs/staves and brooms of OP'ness.

I don't recall if there was a fomod option to not install them.

1 hour ago, kriskobingo said:

so the directors cut has no hostiles by default ?

I'm honestly not sure, I only ever used the Episode 1 file I think. That one only has vanilla children replacers if I'm remembering correctly. I'd just try installing one of the files and testing the files and checking to see if you come across any hostiles in certain dungeons/caves. I don't have a current playthrough going or I'd try it out myself.

• 4 months later...