Trials of Mana Mod Creation Guide

Something i thought i should mention about shape keys breaking textures.

If you encounter this problem and then fix it, you have to delete the skeletal mesh from your UE4 project and import the fbx again. Simply using the "Reimport" option will not update the broken shape keys.

It's a good idea to import with materials as material instances and then use  a common material as the parent.

I made a material like this for clothing, where morph targets should not be applied:

image.png.7dcfa625d4bbad9befe2ac6470de3da0.png

Notice "Use with Morph Targets" and "Automatically Set Usage in Editor" are not enabled.

Then I have another material for face and body skin with morph targets enabled. My material instances now hook up to the right textures and appear on my skeletal mesh (for preview purposes).

image.png.88796eecc7db544a82aa0bd979ffd770.png

If I tweak a morph target and it affects the wrong material, the texture will break in the editor preview exactly as it would in game, so I can check this way without having to unlock that class or even load up the game.

image.png.4bdae52a70d65613c7a2cf43db8fa5c2.png

9 hours ago, papas5 said:

It is a machine translation.

Thank you for your very clear explanation.
Thanks to you, I was able to challenge the MOD creation for the first time.
Here is the MOD I made.

I think that Physics on the chest will work.

Spoiler

sample.png

Riesz topless.zip 2.6 MB · 157 downloads

First off, great job on what you've done so far. :thumbsup: I can confirm the physic is working. Just it's working to a disadvantage, lol. :lol: What I mean by this is, her breast sags like an old lady. Maybe because I used the larger breast version. I'll need to double check with the normal size. 

Some areas that could use improvements is the neck connecting to the head. If you check out the video (and your own screenshot), you'll see how Angela's neck is seamless. Where as Riesz has what you would call a figma head figure attached to a figma doll body.

The second is a bit more obvious, the nipple could use improvements. Something similar to Angela's. They don't have to be the same, since we want some variation of breasts and nipples to set each girl apart. :blush:

The site I rely on for video preview isn't working properly... so I'll provide the actual full video. I'll temporary provide google drive alt link, in case those hit mega bandwidth caps.

4K Video

Mega: https://mega.nz/file/jcxDwLKR#Npj4IuGM2wnJ2_GgTvyz8iYu61pm8HhEkzgaV_IaTzY

GD: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1S_rj4NpsmPJaFfFFDozAiogxGh8RYHEm

I didn't do a video on the physic to show the breast sagging problem... but it's nice to see everything working at least (including her hair.)

EXU6Lx2U0AAjhhO2.jpg.0392e3e3bf8c6f901e39c07343f82f74.jpg

Hi everyone this is my Riesz nudemod. It's still WIP.

Now, I have two problems. please help me.

One is border around neck (Circled in the picture), I think maybe it is caused by normal map, but I don't know solutions.

Another one is breast physics lost, I tried the method in this thread, but I couldn't. why lost pyhsics?

I'm using Blender2.82

Put on here my mod.

Riesz_nude_P.pak

Please teach me solutions...

57 minutes ago, Sinyu said:

yock0723, check out papas5's version to see how physics is working in his release? Maybe you two can work together?

1582490311_ToMRieszNudeIssues.thumb.png.15f21e45f945cf017ea98c319324ab93.png

I hope somebody can help you. :)

doh, just realised I misspelled thighs lol.

OMG my work is so suck!

I'm so sorry. I'm beignner,but this is bad.

I did't have enough checks. I go back to square one.

On 5/8/2020 at 2:50 PM, fraggerman said:

I swizzled them and repackaged the mod

Can you tell us how you did this?

Or port few mods like you did for GG2 (thank you for that btw).

Especially this one

Spoiler

and

Spoiler

On 5/10/2020 at 12:24 PM, ef24tas said:

Can you tell us how you did this?

Sure, I will try to explain what I did. As an example I will use Angela from kzm23s 裸MOD. Should work the same with any other mod.
First the tools I use:

Now on how to port a mod from here to the switch:

• Unpack the mod with v8 of the unpacking tool from above and follow the instructions written on gbatemp to prepape the lista.txt for repacking
  • Meshes seem to work out of the box, yay. No changes
  • Textures throw artifacts, not nice. The switch uses texture tiling which is a problem if we want to introduce new textures through layeredFS e.g.
  • Export the texture assets using umodel
  • Delete the .ubulk files from lista.txt as the method I use only produces .uasset and .uexp files
  • Import the texture into an empty UE4.22.3 project. I usually keep the folder structure in my project but I don't know if it is really necessary. See the picture settings.png for the import settings. For textures(not normals or masks) set sRGB to true, even if it's not true in the picture. Without it the texture will be too bright.
  • Cook for Windows.
  • Drag the newly cooked .uasset onto the Swizzle.cmd. It will create a swizzled .png of the asset you feed it.
  • Reimport the .png over the other asset in the UE4 project. Use the same settings again. Don't worry it has to look stretched and pixelated. That is just the texture tiling.
  • Cook for Windows.
  • Copy and overwrite the new .uasset and .ubulk over the old ones you unpacked in the first step.
  • Repeat for all textures. For Normals and Masks the only setting I change is the compression. I use Normalmap DXT5 for Normals. For Masks I set it to Masks (no sRGB).
  • Repack the .pak by dragging lista.txt on the v8 packing batch file.
  • Rename the newpak.pak to "Trials of Mana-Switch_1_P.pak" and copy it onto your Switch into the folder "sd://atmosphere/contents/0100D7800E9E0000/romfs/Trials of Mana/Content/Paks/"

If you want to run multiple mods just rename the other paks to Trials of Mana-Switch_2_P.pak, Trials of Mana-Switch_3_P.pak etc. I still don't completely understand how the Switch loads pak files but I always make sure my most recent additions get loaded last by ordering them like this. If I add more folders the game just crashes.

I am still trying to figure some stuff out but this should work for the most part. I am quite clueless on how the stuff actually works and more or less accidentally found out about this when I read about how the texture tiling works. I blindly followed masagrator's instructions on how to swizzle textures while I worked on GG2 and didn't really learn more until now. If anyone has more knowledge about this and finds errors or improvements please let me know.

Edit: Added a picture of the reimported swizzled texture.

Another edit: 0100D7800E9E0000 is the titleID for my version. There is another version (china and korea I think?) that uses 0100E2D00FE90000. Use the one appropiate for your game.

Yet another edit: Added the paks for some of the mods I ported. I only tested them in the new game screen. So I don't know if they work well ingame. If the original authors of the mods do not like me sharing the ported version please let me know and I'll take them down. Trials of Mana-Switch_1_P paks are the base mod + incremental versions of nude Riesz. Trials of Mana-Switch_2_P is the base and NudeAngela mod.

Added combined package of Riesz_v3 and NudeAngela1.0

Added nude Fairy

If the red faces bother you look for the face fix a few posts below and add the one you need (Riesz, Angela or both). The face fix is just a repackaged PC face texture.  
No red faces in new version a few posts later. 

The Riesz mods are from kzm23 and the NudeAngela1.0 is from oscateexor. The Nude Fairy is from ton9.

Spoiler

settings.PNG

swizzled.PNG

Trials of Mana-Switch_1_P_裸MOD.pak Trials of Mana-Switch_2_P_AngelaNude_1.0.pak Trials of Mana-Switch_1_P_リース_FK+全裸ver2.pak Trials of Mana-Switch_1_P_リース全裸MOD.pak

Trials of Mana-Switch_1_P_リース_全裸ver3.0_WIP&AngelaNude_1.0.pak

Trials of Mana-Switch_3_P_fairy_Nude_1_P.pak

19 hours ago, yock0723 said:

OMG my work is so suck!

I'm so sorry. I'm beignner,but this is bad.

I did't have enough checks. I go back to square one.

It's okay, good friend. Unlike many that don't attempt to try, you did. You are capable of being better. Don't give up! ?

21 hours ago, fraggerman said:
Spoiler

Sure, I will try to explain what I did. As an example I will use Angela from kzm23s 裸MOD. Should work the same with any other mod.
First the tools I use:

Now on how to port a mod from here to the switch:

• Unpack the mod with v8 of the unpacking tool from above and follow the instructions written on gbatemp to prepape the lista.txt for repacking
  • Meshes seem to work out of the box, yay. No changes
  • Textures throw artifacts, not nice. The switch uses texture tiling which is a problem if we want to introduce new textures through layeredFS e.g.
  • Export the texture assets using umodel
  • Delete the .ubulk files from lista.txt and from your unpacked Trials of Mana folder as the method I use only produces .uasset and .uexp files
  • Import the texture into an empty UE4.22.3 project. I usually keep the folder structure in my project but I don't know if it is really necessary. See the picture settings.png for the import settings.
  • Cook for Windows.
  • Drag the newly cooked .uasset onto the Swizzle.cmd. It will create a swizzled .png of the asset you feed it.
  • Reimport the .png over the other asset in the UE4 project. I used the same settings again. Don't worry it has to look stretched and pixelated. That is just the texture tiling.
  • Cook for Windows.
  • Copy and overwrite the new .uasset and .ubulk over the old ones you unpacked in the first step.
  • Repeat for all textures. For Normals and Masks the only setting I change is the compression. I use Normalmap DXT5 for Normals. For Masks I set it to Masks (no sRGB).
  • Repack the .pak by dragging lista.txt on the v8 packing batch file.
  • Rename the newpak.pak to "Trials of Mana-Switch_1_P.pak" and copy it onto your Switch into the folder "sd://atmosphere/contents/0100D7800E9E0000/romfs/Trials of Mana/Content/Paks/"

If you want to run multiple mods just rename the other paks to Trials of Mana-Switch_2_P.pak, Trials of Mana-Switch_3_P.pak etc. I still don't completely understand how the Switch loads pak files but I always make sure my most recent additions get loaded last by ordering them like this. If I add more folders the game just crashes.

I am still trying to figure some stuff out but this should work for the most part. I am quite clueless on how the stuff actually works and more or less accidentally found out about this when I read about how the texture tiling works. I blindly followed masagrator's instructions on how to swizzle textures while I worked on GG2 and didn't really learn more until now. If anyone has more knowledge about this and finds errors or improvements please let me know.

Edit: Added a picture of the reimported swizzled texture.

Another edit: 0100D7800E9E0000 is the titleID for my version. There is another version (china and korea I think?) that uses 0100E2D00FE90000. Use the one appropiate for your game.

Yet another edit: Added the paks for some of the mods I ported. I only tested them in the new game screen. So I don't know if they work well ingame. If the original authors of the mods do not like me sharing the ported version please let me know and I'll take them down. Trials of Mana-Switch_1_P paks are the base mod + incremental versions of nude Riesz. Trials of Mana-Switch_2_P is the base and NudeAngela mod.

Added combined package of Riesz_v3 and NudeAngela1.0

Added nude Fairy

settings.PNG

swizzled.PNG

Trials of Mana-Switch_1_P_裸MOD.pak 4.76 MB · 115 downloads Trials of Mana-Switch_2_P_AngelaNude_1.0.pak

5.07 MB · 126 downloads Trials of Mana-Switch_1_P_リース_FK+全裸ver2.pak 11.88 MB · 124 downloads Trials of Mana-Switch_1_P_リース全裸MOD.pak 5.07 MB · 146 downloads

Trials of Mana-Switch_1_P_リース_全裸ver3.0_WIP&AngelaNude_1.0.pak 7.97 MB · 72 downloads

Trials of Mana-Switch_3_P_fairy_Nude_1_P.pak 2.48 MB · 11 downloads

Is it possible to fix color mismatch? Body seems more white compared to face.

Also, I don't think your files is working, since they have jap symbols in theirs names. Only Trials of Mana-Switch_2_P_AngelaNude_1.0.pak and maybe Trials of Mana-Switch_3_P_fairy_Nude_1_P.pak works fine.

1 hour ago, ef24tas said:

Is it possible to fix color mismatch? Body seems more white than face.

I noticed that as well. Might be that the nude body texture has another color than the original switch texture. I'll need the original PC face textures to compare. I am not an artist so changing the color of the switch face texture falls out of my area of expertise. I could upload an unswizzled version and someone else could make the edits but doing it that way will be tedious.

I'll see what I can do...

Also, I don't think your files is working, since they have jap symbols in theirs names. Only Trials of Mana-Switch_2_P_AngelaNude_1.0.pak and maybe Trials of Mana-Switch_3_P_fairy_Nude_1_P.pak works fine.

You need to rename them to Trials of Mana-Switch_1_P.pak, Trials of Mana-Switch_2_P.pak etc. like I said in my post. I only named them like this so you can see which mod they come from. So remove the stuff behind "Trials of Mana-Switch_X_P" and they should work. All the 1_P's are based on the same mod and incompatible so only use one of them. The last 1_P I uploaded(Trials of Mana-Switch_1_P_リース_全裸ver3.0_WIP&AngelaNude_1.0.pak) also contains the 2_P nude Angela one so you can skip the Angela one if you download the combined 1_P one.

Edit: Got the face textures from the PC Demo, swizzled and packaged them. Have barely tried them but they seem to work.

Trials of Mana-Switch_4_P_facefix_angela_P.pak Trials of Mana-Switch_4_P_facefix_both_P.pak Trials of Mana-Switch_4_P_facefix_riesz_P.pak

This guy on twitter has been having a really rough time trying to mod characters but he's doing things like adding cute glasses to Riesz and has ideas like converting Angela into a parody of a character from another game. I think he has some fun ideas and I want to see what he can do with the right information. I'd like to help him out but I don't speak japanese and he doesn't speak english.

Could someone please tweet him a translation of this? It probably wouldn't fit in a tweet so you could post a reply here in japanese and tweet him a link.

PSK is not capable of storing a perfect mesh, glTF import/export does not have the correct skeleton, so you should combine them.

Get the new version of oscateexor's customised UModel.

Export without morph targets as PSK and with morph targets as glTF.

Import skeleton only from PSK. Import all glTF files.

Scale the imported meshes exactly 100x (S 100 Enter) and apply the tranformation (Ctrl+A to show the "Apply" menu, choose "All transforms")

Delete all of the glTF skeletons (you can use box select on some bones and press delete once)

Make morph targets like the tutorial.

Drag your mesh to the PSK armature and hold shift before release to parent it.

Update the Armature modifier to use the PSK skeleton's armature.

Split the face from the rest and delete shape keys from the non-face part.

Remove unused material slots on both parts.

Use batch rename to remove _COLOR_0 from the material slot names.

Continue from step 5 in my tutorial.

Thanks!

P.S. In my experience these are the best settings for FBX export

Spoiler

image.png.2b12a48ae2a76dea552911237039334c.pngimage.png.6f6a46828b7203898cc5d723016d34a4.png

2 hours ago, fraggerman said:

I noticed that as well. Might be that the nude body texture has another color than the original switch texture. I'll need the original PC face textures to compare. I am not an artist so changing the color of the switch face texture falls out of my area of expertise. I could upload an unswizzled version and someone else could make the edits but doing it that way will be tedious.

I'll see what I can do...

You need to rename them to Trials of Mana-Switch_1_P.pak, Trials of Mana-Switch_2_P.pak etc. like I said in my post. I only named them like this so you can see which mod they come from. So remove the stuff behind "Trials of Mana-Switch_X_P" and they should work. All the 1_P's are based on the same mod and incompatible so only use one of them. The last 1_P I uploaded(Trials of Mana-Switch_1_P_リース_全裸ver3.0_WIP&AngelaNude_1.0.pak) also contains the 2_P nude Angela one so you can skip the Angela one if you download the combined 1_P one.

Edit: Got the face textures from the PC Demo, swizzled and packaged them. Have barely tried them but they seem to work.

Trials of Mana-Switch_4_P_facefix_angela_P.pak 4.95 MB · 8 downloads Trials of Mana-Switch_4_P_facefix_both_P.pak 9.24 MB · 10 downloads Trials of Mana-Switch_4_P_facefix_riesz_P.pak 4.28 MB · 7 downloads

Thanks for sharing your work and describe it so clearly..  Looking forwards for future updates.. :)

3 hours ago, fraggerman said:

Might be that the nude body texture has another color than the original switch texture.

I don't think that's the case. It's look like some additional layer, material, alpha, toon or whatever not loading properly.

While faces now are indeed same color, the final step is to realize what gone wrong after converting. They really are too white now that I did closer look at them.

Good work anyway.

I posted this today to thank you.
He used to question Reese's skin as he was having trouble with his underwear standing out against his skin.
The advice I received solved the problem.

20200510172258_1.jpg

I'm still a novice, but I'm going to learn how to use the editor.
Thanks a lot.

I want to change the status anomaly Petrifaction to golden.

I tried to change the image of 

\Content\Character\Common\Texture

20200511002.jpg

The image has changed, but not as much as I'd hoped.

20200511003.jpg

We thought this was because T_ch_Rock_C and T_ch_Rock_N could be changed, but T_ch_Rock_M did not exist.

I thought it was necessary to modify this material.

\Content\Character\Common\Material_Master\M_ch_Rock

I've created a simple sample.20200511001.jpg

Unfortunately, it failed.

20200511223602_1.jpg

I want to make a variety of materials, not just gold.
If you have any advice, please let me know.

It is a machine translation.

I tried to improve the Riesz Topless MOD that I created to make it look like the breasts are sagging.
The UV map was awful, but I think the shape of the breasts has improved.
Also, I think that the nipples could have been closer to Angela's nude MOD.

I couldn't improve on the neck seams. This is a challenge for the future.

Is there a better way to fix the UV map?
We are currently doing this manually and it is very time consuming.

おっぱいver2.png

Riesz topless.zip

I don't think that's the case. It's look like some additional layer, material, alpha, toon or whatever not loading properly.

While faces now are indeed same color, the final step is to realize what gone wrong after converting. They really are too white now that I did closer look at them.

Good work anyway.

You might be right here. I made some changes to the settings and I think they came out better this time. I set a checkmark for sRGB both times I cooked and set the composite texture to the body normals.

This is the new pak of Riesz_ver3 and NudeAngela1.0. I think there is no face fix needed now?

Spoiler

2020051116321200-387D3132CAF52D748486E541E354E474.jpg.6fdff08f907591afa814ee14175d2ffa.jpg

Trials of Mana-Switch_1_P.pak

42 minutes ago, fraggerman said:

You might be right here. I made some changes to the settings and I think they came out better this time. I set a checkmark for sRGB both times I cooked and set the composite texture to the body normals.

This is the new pak of Riesz_ver3 and NudeAngela1.0. I think there is no face fix needed now?

Hide contents

2020051116321200-387D3132CAF52D748486E541E354E474.jpg.6fdff08f907591afa814ee14175d2ffa.jpg

Trials of Mana-Switch_1_P.pak 7.97 MB · 13 downloads

Is that Riez mod from kzm?

I've had no luck at figuring out how to rescale characters (I.E. make some characters taller or shorter). Any scaling I do only applies for battle animations, even exporting it from blender at a different scale. As near as I can tell, it has something to do with the fact that they all use the common skeleton, but any attempts to change the common skeleton and actually export that sucker just crash my game. Anyone else know more that might help me keep plugging away?

53 minutes ago, fraggerman said:

Reveal hidden contents

Trials of Mana-Switch_1_P.pak 7.97 MB · 17 downloads

Yeah, it looks perfect now. Thank you.

Can you re-do fairy the same way? And that costume if it's not too much trouble:

39 minutes ago, tigers said:

Is that Riez mod from kzm?

Yes I ported the Riesz mods from kzm23 and the NudeAngela1.0 mentioned here. The Nude Fairy is from ton9.

28 minutes ago, ef24tas said:

Can you re-do fairy the same way? 

And that costume if it's not too much trouble:

I redid the fairy but didn't get a cutscene with her since then so I don't know how it turned out yet.

The costume should work out of the box if you use the AngelaSexyRM_append_P.pak and rename it accordingly. The only texture in the full pak seems to be the nude body texture. And you get it from NudeAngela1.0 as well. The readme even says:

When using with AngelaNude_1.0 at the same time → AngelaSexyRM_append_P.pak

Trials of Mana-Switch_3_P_fairy_Nude_1_P.pak