Trials of Mana Mod Creation Guide

18 hours ago, Fedelte said:

Is anyone else playing around with Wolf form Kevin? I've done some succesful work on Duran and human Kevin, but when I go through the exact same steps for Wolf Kevin his facial animations stop working and his tail turns rigid. Everything else works. Am I simply messing up or does Wolf Kevin require some additional steps?

Step 7a: find out what you need

Step 7c: create all the right files in the right places and hook up your skeletal mesh to those files

When you pak your mod those files will not be included but the skeletal mesh will know to look for them and it will find the original versions of those files instead

I know this isn't a request thread but is there any way for anyone (if it's not too much work >.<) to extract the base Rabite model to be used/modeled in blender? I would really appreciate if someone could do it and link it to me (blend file if possible). Thanks in advance, if anyone has some spare time ❤️

21 minutes ago, shoni89 said:

I know this isn't a request thread but is there any way for anyone (if it's not too much work >.<) to extract the base Rabite model to be used/modeled in blender? I would really appreciate if someone could do it and link it to me (blend file if possible). Thanks in advance, if anyone has some spare time ❤️

Not 100% sure, but I think this is what you are looking for.....

Game.rar

1 hour ago, shoni89 said:

Thank you again, now I have Rabite plushies for my The Sims 4 game! ♥

8ef1fafa-a8b8-4c1d-971c-d0eba07cd46c.jpg

No Problem at all.  BTW, looks great in Sims 4.  I never run it before and thought you can only put low poly stuff in it.

Learn something everyday.

Getting a little annoyed, I know it's just a tiny mistake here somewhere, but for the life of me I cannot figure out why I can't get this mod to work.  Here is the Umodel directory for what I'm working on, the UE4 file structure before export, and the folder in the back shows my folder structure before packing.   

Anyone able to spot the mistake?  

mistake_somewhere.jpg

2 hours ago, DustinMock said:

Getting a little annoyed, I know it's just a tiny mistake here somewhere, but for the life of me I cannot figure out why I can't get this mod to work.  Here is the Umodel directory for what I'm working on, the UE4 file structure before export, and the folder in the back shows my folder structure before packing.   

a.jpg.7a3a10cb3d2b6d6f263eb1a037e161b9.jpg

Perhaps I think below.

Bad : Content\Game\Map\Stage~
Good : Content\Map\Stage~

4 hours ago, DustinMock said:

The folder structure seem to be correct. You're trying to change texture of the world environments? Oh, you're trying to do the packing from Window's download folder. Move it out of C drive. I get problems when trying to package from there as well. Once I moved it to another drive, it works fine. I do my packaging from "D:\Unreal_Project\" for example.

koto2943 is correct. The "Game" folder is generated by umodel and it's not part of the original structure.

here is the umodel code where replacing the 5th root path ( \Trials of Mana\Content ) with "Game"

https://github.com/gildor2/UEViewer/blob/master/Unreal/UnArchivePak.cpp

And yes, in general, any "working" folders should not be located under Download, Document or Desktop. Because they are backed by a Windows feature called Library and not always resolved to the actual physical path. Unlike similar features such as shortcut, symbolic link, hard link or junction, Libraries are often not clearly visible to users which causes more troubles.

Finally got some more time to work on this between my job and other stuff. Since I was still stumped on wolf form Kevin being stiff, I followed wutdahax's advice and looked into it more.

So, turns out Kevin has a seperate animation blueprint linked to his Wolf form. Should've seen that one coming. Pointing to the correct ABP fixed his tail, but his face still doesn't emote. So I went back and started from scratch.

It turns out the error happens at step 3c. Furry Kevin has multiple mouth meshes, and if I try to Join as shapes, only the closed mouth (mouth_vowel_u) shows up under Shape Keys. If I try to apply the other mouth meshes seperately, I get the warning "Selected meshes must have equal numbers of vertices".

I'm almost starting to think this is too much hassle since I'm mostly just working on furry Kevin to match normal Kevin. Can anyone give any pointers on how to fix this?

Again, many thanks in advance.

Spoiler

323383154_Bloodyfurries.thumb.jpg.241b73640e14a94f90a65e0cf170c76e.jpg

On 6/1/2020 at 3:36 PM, Fedelte said:

It turns out the error happens at step 3c. Furry Kevin has multiple mouth meshes, and if I try to Join as shapes, only the closed mouth (mouth_vowel_u) shows up under Shape Keys. If I try to apply the other mouth meshes seperately, I get the warning "Selected meshes must have equal numbers of vertices".

Yup, sorry. This is due to a bug in my modified Umodel code. I tried to fix it by changing how "vertex welding" (similar to "Merge by Distance" in Blender) works, but have ultimately quit tinkering with the program cause my coding ability is too poor and the author plan to implement the correct morph support.

You can use this version (umodel_morph_fix2.zip), vertex welding is disabled in this version for psk export so every mesh should be the same topology. But it adds another problem where mesh geometries split into many small pieces. And "Merge by Distance" after creating Shape Keys will break them, most of the time.

On 6/1/2020 at 12:36 AM, Fedelte said:

Finally got some more time to work on this between my job and other stuff. Since I was still stumped on wolf form Kevin being stiff, I followed wutdahax's advice and looked into it more.

So, turns out Kevin has a seperate animation blueprint linked to his Wolf form. Should've seen that one coming. Pointing to the correct ABP fixed his tail, but his face still doesn't emote. So I went back and started from scratch.

I'm almost starting to think this is too much hassle since I'm mostly just working on furry Kevin to match normal Kevin. Can anyone give any pointers on how to fix this?

Again, many thanks in advance.

Reveal hidden contents

323383154_Bloodyfurries.thumb.jpg.241b73640e14a94f90a65e0cf170c76e.jpg

Maybe my method here would be a good workaround. I'm going to be playing with it in the next few days.  

On 5/11/2020 at 8:30 AM, fraggerman said:

Yes I ported the Riesz mods from kzm23 and the NudeAngela1.0 mentioned here. The Nude Fairy is from ton9.

I redid the fairy but didn't get a cutscene with her since then so I don't know how it turned out yet.

The costume should work out of the box if you use the AngelaSexyRM_append_P.pak and rename it accordingly. The only texture in the full pak seems to be the nude body texture. And you get it from NudeAngela1.0 as well. The readme even says:

Trials of Mana-Switch_3_P_fairy_Nude_1_P.pak 2.48 MB · 166 downloads

I'm not sure if you're able to help -- not sure if I messed something up or not, but I installed the AndelaNude_1.0 and tried using the AngelaSexyRM_append_P.pak, but it still remains as the nude pack. I was trying to get the AngelaSexyRM_append_P.pak to work as the default first class/costume option that way I could go through the class tree for her Mystic Queen route, but I just can't figure out how to get it to work and overwrite the default option. I was assuming that the readme was saying that the AngelaSexyRM_append_P.pak would overwrite the nude mod and replace the default class, but I'm unsure if it's just meant to allow you to use both if you want.

Would you possibly be able to tell me if I did something wrong?

Heya guys, I just finished what has to be one of the largest modding projects I've ever done. I managed to bring back all the original hair colors. Check it out here: https://www.nexusmods.com/trialsofmana/mods/104/
222476091_Kevinwolf.thumb.jpg.c8c63b8ee90ac2cc8d05e7c545b6f415.jpgDuran.thumb.jpg.eb23b2913bc234d2b298435ebab299f6.jpg

Angela.jpg

Side note:

I saved .blend files for every single character since I had to mess with each of them. I'm planning on putting all of those blends + my project files for UE into a modding resource so that instead of having to go through the whole process, you can just open up the blend, export the FBX, then reimport into UE and package. Since it preserves the references when you reimport, the process is 1,000X easier that way. 

8 hours ago, Yoori said:

I'm not sure if you're able to help -- not sure if I messed something up or not, but I installed the AndelaNude_1.0 and tried using the AngelaSexyRM_append_P.pak, but it still remains as the nude pack. I was trying to get the AngelaSexyRM_append_P.pak to work as the default first class/costume option that way I could go through the class tree for her Mystic Queen route, but I just can't figure out how to get it to work and overwrite the default option. I was assuming that the readme was saying that the AngelaSexyRM_append_P.pak would overwrite the nude mod and replace the default class, but I'm unsure if it's just meant to allow you to use both if you want.

Would you possibly be able to tell me if I did something wrong?

You're onto something there. The RM_append overwrites texture and model, the same as the nude mod. You would have to repack the texture into the RM_append or overwrite the model of the nude mod. Both would need you to extract and repack at least one of the mods.

NVM this I should get more sleep... The rm_append only overrides the model so it should work as intended. Call the nude mod something like Trials of Mana-Switch_1_P.pak and the rm_append Trials of Mana-Switch_2_P.pak. Increase the numbers if you already use other mods with that name. But make sure the rm_append has a higher count so it gets loaded last.

Another edit: But it doesn't override the base outfit. It overrides pc02_03c whichever outfit that was. Probably a later costume. So you would need to unpack it and rename it to pc02_01a to override the base costume(if that even works, never tried it. but since it's the same character it should be fine i guess?).

11 hours ago, Dan103 said:

I'm sorry in advance because I know this may not be the right thread to ask this, but where is the mod for zoom that allows you to watch that allows you to look from below or look closely at the character?

Universal UE4 Unlocker is usually what they use. It's a software that supports various UE4 titles.

To be pedantic, the software should not be called a 'Mod' by definition (which is entirely vague/arbitrary though). I thought "Camera Hack" was the term before modding is prevalent in every other game.

Hello evryone,

I would like to combine 2 mods : the mod that replace Angela to Belladonna and the BelladonnaBoobs mods, to get as result Belladonna topless as main character (replacing Angela)

I know that it can work, because if you combine the Aurora sisters mod for heroes with the shiny aurora sisters mod, you've got heroes with the shiny mod, that's cool!

But, if I just do the same with the two Belladonna mods, it does not work, the real Belladonna is topless, but my Belladonna is normal.

So I would like to put the BelladonnaBoobs files (body and testures) into the Angela to Belladonna mod and repak all that to get my Angela to BelladonnaBoobs :)

Could someone please tell me how I can extract the files of these two mods, using quickBMS for instance, or any else soft... Because I can't find quickBMS script working for Trials of mana.

Many thanks!

.... of course, if someone manage to make it work, thanks to him for posting it :)