Trials of Mana Mod Creation Guide

24 minutes ago, Linkund40fieber said:

@jkk1215Did You Pack teh Face texture and material in your mod.pak ? If yes  delete both and repack 

no, I have deleted texture and material.

I also tried to pack them but there is the same situation.

I check a lot of mods made by other people, all mods about Angela are with this shadow. but Riez mods are without this problem.

WIP, my take on nude model

https://imgur.com/a/qEcVneS

Basically replaced the whole body with Kakomiki's newly released model.

Still have a lots of issues, especially around the waist. Couldn't fix the shadow/normal problem around the mouth (pointed out here)

Idk why I low poly'd boobs (has to be redone with the original resolution)

WIP.zip

Credits:

body base
AB10  (200501_1) by Kakomiki
http://kakomiki.blog16.fc2.com/
https://twitter.com/kakomiki

tool
umodel by Gildor
https://www.gildor.org/en/projects/umodel

I have the same issue on Angela's face around her mouth with my mods. It's not because of textures. It's because of generated face/vertex normals from the exported mesh.

See how some of them are pointing towards the mouth. Not good.

image.png.80e2034a4649264f7e57b052b630aeaf.png

I think I managed to correct it by using Face -> Tris to Quads (Alt+J) and then fixing the remaining triangles and making them into proper quads, then Mesh -> Normals -> Set from faces, then applying a modifier Generate -> Triangulate with both methods set to Beautify and Keep Normals.

The important part is selecting the problem quads and Mesh -> Normals -> Smoothen Vectors a few times until it looks good. Try different MatCaps to get a good view of the smoothness.

Before:

image.png.c3638b615b2f43d3c64b19c1a955b745.png

After:

image.png.8a5ecd874f40dc5f74fef710537c7c2a.png

It will take a long time to repeat this for all the costumes because there is a lot of manual editing so I haven't tested it in game yet.

@oscateexor if you want to try my edited face, blend file attached.

SK_pc02_01a_smooth.zip

It was a very good guide.

Thank you. I'm finally able to resume my adventures.
I'm sorry I don't have anything for my hobbies, but please take it with you if you want.

Spoiler

924980_20200505131810_1_1.png.65dbd69911ef291b694d8935dfe48baf.png

924980_20200505132907_1.png.96e07940ac98845c92c148cf23e30de6.png

I assembled the material in UnrealEngine and put it in Pak, and it seems to work properly. I am lighting it up like this.

1035171520_WS000007(2).JPG.897632c2633eb33f15d0551bfdc5ccd8.JPG

Sorry, This is a machine translation.

Angela_nipple_P.7z Angela_nipple_FUTA_P.7z

3 hours ago, wutdahax said:

I have the same issue on Angela's face around her mouth with my mods. It's not because of textures. It's because of generated face/vertex normals from the exported mesh.

See how some of them are pointing towards the mouth. Not good.

image.png.80e2034a4649264f7e57b052b630aeaf.png

I think I managed to correct it by using Face -> Tris to Quads (Alt+J) and then fixing the remaining triangles and making them into proper quads, then Mesh -> Normals -> Set from faces, then applying a modifier Generate -> Triangulate with both methods set to Beautify and Keep Normals.

The important part is selecting the problem quads and Mesh -> Normals -> Smoothen Vectors a few times until it looks good. Try different MatCaps to get a good view of the smoothness.

Before:

image.png.c3638b615b2f43d3c64b19c1a955b745.png

After:

image.png.8a5ecd874f40dc5f74fef710537c7c2a.png

It will take a long time to repeat this for all the costumes because there is a lot of manual editing so I haven't tested it in game yet.

@oscateexor if you want to try my edited face, blend file attached.

SK_pc02_01a_smooth.zip 7.38 MB · 27 downloads

I have tried in the game, it can't work.

On 4/28/2020 at 10:22 PM, Heart76 said:

Thank you great tutorial! My only issue is I don't know how to add stand alone materials. I overwrote Durans main textures    duran-mod.png

It works though. Just want to be able to add different hairstyles and colors for different outfits.

Duran-hair-texture.png

Amazing job on Duran's hair! I hope you can share it ?

Been struggling with this, game loading but resulting in a fatal error when loading the character by pressing tab.  I'm trying to replace Riesz with mob17_04, when I load my asset in umodel it says "no skeleton" animation won't work.  I've tried both blueprint names for RIesz pc06_sub_ABP_kawaii01 pc06_sub_ABP_kawaii02 (don't know why she has 2), and using the SK_pc_common_skeleton as in the guide.  If anyone can throw some tips my way very appreciated.

machine translation

First of all, I salute you for the great tutorials you've made.

I also wanted to make a MOD and made a pak file according to Chu and Real, but the game didn't load as expected and there was no change in Angela.
(I'm assuming it's loaded because I haven't deleted any PAK files in the game.)

I am at a loss for the cause. If you can give me any advice, I'd love to hear it.

What I've done so far.

I have confirmed that the AngelaNofrills_1234_P.pak you created works fine, and I think there is a problem with the placement of the pak file, Knight.

I unpacked and packed the AngelaNofrills_1234_P.pak that you created with UNPACK-TOM.bat. I think that the use of u4pak_TOM is not wrong because I confirmed that it worked properly.
However, I tested my PAK file with that folder structure, and there was no change in Angela.

When the pak file made by myself was UNPACKed, returned to .uasset, and confirmed it with umodel.exe, the 3D model as expected had been previewed.

I'm predicting that it's failing in Unreal Project, but I don't know of any apparent failures.
0001.jpg0002.jpg0003.jpg0004.jpg

FixedDuran_2_P.rar

I can't figure how to make this work. I have triple checked, did all the morph stuff on blender, checked every folder and name posibility and i still get a Fatal Error. That's the PAK, if you guys can look at it and see what is off, i would be very thankfull. Im planing on continue modding, but i need to fix dis fatal error bullshit.

12 minutes ago, leonneth said:

I can't figure how to make this work. I have triple checked, did all the morph stuff on blender, checked every folder and name posibility and i still get a Fatal Error. That's the PAK, if you guys can look at it and see what is off, i would be very thankfull. Im planing on continue modding, but i need to fix dis fatal error bullshit.

Fatal error because file not found.

The name of your skeleton is wrong.

SK_pc01_01a_Skeleton -> SK_pc_common_Skeleton

23 minutes ago, gagyou said:

Thank you, wutdahax. You can download the file from the following URL.
http://madasama.dip.jp/mod/AngelaNoFrills_1_1.pak

You must rename the file because the game will not load any pak that does not include "_P"

You can call it AngelaNoFrills_P.pak, AngelaNoFrills_1_P.pak or AngelaNoFrills_1_1_P.pak etc.

(i renamed and tested it. it works :))

I have added a note at the end of step 9 to make this clear.

What would you say the problem would be if there was nothing but a black screen and autosave when the game is loaded. I've tried the process several times, paying very close attention to your tutorial but this seems to happen to me every attempt.