Trials of Mana Mod Creation Guide

On 4/30/2020 at 2:38 PM, Roufas said:

I have some experience editing textures, what I have no idea is how to find/extract them and replace them.

Extract the same way we extract models. They would be in a subfolder of the model they belong to.

image.png.5dfd9c61bfab4c54f67bedcc7ad060cc.png

Just select all of them and "Export" - you can use whatever file format you prefer.

Then put them in a UE4 project and make sure you have the same location and file name.

image.png.4208b28d63dce4768ac236f5fd93f802.png

Filename suffix describes the purpose of the image:

_C : Base Color

_M : Red Green Blue -> Specular Roughness Metallic

-N : Normal Map

You can hook up your material like this for preview purposes in UE4, but it's actually wrong, so don't include the material in your pak. Just the textures.
image.png.d0147dd802e75fdcaf6f9b49721ccf74.png

The material names begin "MI_" which tells us theyre supposed to be material instances not actual materials. Their parent materials are elsewhere. Have a look in /Game/Character/Common with UModel

This is what I came up with for eyes. It's not perfect, but it's good enough for previewing your edited textures in UE4:

M_ch_eye.png.8960ab5f04e2189f9218e93e70854724.png

If I ever figure out the full material graph, I will add some more info to the tutorial.

1 hour ago, rawrdorzor said:

I actually just did my first mod of this game and it turned out pretty well. Sharing it for you all. It works with the Magus (Dark) Class only.

Removed many items from the original set.

This is my first time modding with blender and unreal. The instruction provided here have been amazing.

AngelaWearLess3d.PNG

AngelaWearLess3d_1_P.pak 2.13 MB · 16 downloads

Does it have the lip animations working?

what means 

"Select the Post Process Animation named pc02_01a_sub_ABP_kawaii we created earlier.
And make a new Shadow Physics Asset named SK_pc02_01a_shadow_PhysicsAsset (in the correct folder)."

in step 7b

i cant understand what you said and image u posted

45 minutes ago, MissCoriel said:

I would like to learn about other aspects of modding this.  I read the whole thread and I can see that Items and enemies are not accessible yet.  I hope that this is something we get later.

Items, enemies and NPCs are accessible. Basically all the 3D models and textures in the game. If you explore the Character directory with UModel, you will find these:

image.png.b30863cfe125e8038c869fb4388a1d95.png

4 hours ago, heuk said:

what means 

"Select the Post Process Animation named pc02_01a_sub_ABP_kawaii we created earlier.
And make a new Shadow Physics Asset named SK_pc02_01a_shadow_PhysicsAsset (in the correct folder)."

in step 7b

i cant understand what you said and image u posted

right-click in the content area (where is says drop files here) and choose Animation -> Animation Blueprint

image.png.89ec83d8b1d7c21aa0e3f351f31c4d84.png

That's the Post Process Animation.

For Shadow Physics Asset, you will see there is none selected, try to select one and you have the option to create a new asset; do that.

3 hours ago, wutdahax said:

right-click in the content area (where is says drop files here) and choose Animation -> Animation Blueprint

image.png.89ec83d8b1d7c21aa0e3f351f31c4d84.png

That's the Post Process Animation.

For Shadow Physics Asset, you will see there is none selected, try to select one and you have the option to create a new asset; do that.

sorry, is it right for the Asset?
h6cW8S.jpg

11 hours ago, ptonino said:

nothing is exporting.

11 hours ago, ptonino said:

I had to select the export morphed models

It is due to the bug I made in the first custom version. I posted fixed version on my release page, but the link in OP is still referring to the first broken version.

I didn't proactively announce the fix because;

1) You should use the unmodified umodel.exe when you want something other than Morphed Skeletal Meshs, anyway.

2) At the time my post was already quoted by several people, I wasn't sure what would happen if I simply removed the file.

Quick random tips:

When you port outfits from other games like Skyrim/Illusion/C(O)M3d2/DOA/XNALara/MMD, try Lattice Modifier for the deformation.

If you haven't made a 3D model from scratch (like the Gingerbread Man), you must finish the tutorial or you will get stuck at rigging (assigning bone weights). It only takes an afternoon.

God I hate the tools created to mod UE4. I literally cannot ever get it to work on any game.

This is what I get when I drop the mod folder on u4pak:

1581957715_Anmerkung2020-05-02203634.png.7e1b791b7c94ce41bb53ce29e4141532.png

Edit: The file on u4pak posted in the tutorial is broken. Downloaded this one and it works.

I can play ingame, but as soon as I press tab to open menu it gives me "fatal error"

Any ideas?

On 4/30/2020 at 12:32 AM, wutdahax said:
1 hour ago, nishino101 said:

Ok I followed your tutorial step by step doing exactly the same things as you but it seems my mod brings to a fatal error and crash...

On 4/28/2020 at 2:51 AM, azerty96 said:

Ok I followed your tutorial step by step doing exactly the same things as you but it seems my mod brings to a fatal error and crash...

wtf dude you have just copy pasted my message, thats mean you have the same problem I got?