Bug report for SSE version, which I know the original author can't support.  Been trying this (with and without Sparkle's cleanup) and while it seems like a fun idea it always ends up corrupting any and all saves done within the confines of the Dark Arena.  In fact, I can't even *see* any of the saves I make in the area, they don't appear in the Load list.  I can still load the quicksave using F9 (if it hasn't gotten corrupted yet, see below), but the inability to see the other saves tells me something major is wrong here.

Save corruption seems to occur largely under two conditions 1) when the PC finishes a dance, about a third of the time you end up with player controls still disabled at the end and your save corrupted (and even if you unstick the controls with another mod you can no longer save the game at all after that, which pretty much ends the playthrough)  2) pit fights involving the PC, where losing invariably ends with save corruption if you don't get instead get dumped straight back to the loading screen for your last uncorrupted save outside the Arena.   I think it would be an enjoyable mod, but since about half the content ends up leading to save corruption it's not playable for me.

• 1 month later...

Hi there, I've been checking out via SSE and the esp attached is from nothing more than a Form 43 to Form 44 conversion done via the Creation Kit.

Seems to work ok with that minimal change. Couple of things spotted :

I was getting the "I done a lot of jobs" popping up but needed to setstage 150 to progress to talking to Maede again. I'd done a lot of dancing, no whoring and was probably being unlucky on the gambling.

Is there a way of sidestepping quest steps by exploring and finding Fredis early ? I spotted something on a setstage 110 but Fredis wasn't being talkative when I reloaded to stage 100.

Being a Dark Arena slave and telling Lisskit you didn't want to be a slave any more - Lisskit says she's going to send you off to Simple Slavery again (words to that effect) but the Simple Slavery transfer didn't fire. I did have a Slave Task Pit Girl quest active at the time though.

Thanks for the update ! Can also report that the lighting craziness from before appears fixed now. Hurrah ! The gate changes were working as well. The alternate dancer outfit worked as well, no conversion required.

Cheers

zDarkArena.esp

20 hours ago, Iceslave said:

Hi there, I've been checking out via SSE and the esp attached is from nothing more than a Form 43 to Form 44 conversion done via the Creation Kit.

Seems to work ok with that minimal change. Couple of things spotted :

I was getting the "I done a lot of jobs" popping up but needed to setstage 150 to progress to talking to Maede again. I'd done a lot of dancing, no whoring and was probably being unlucky on the gambling.

Is there a way of sidestepping quest steps by exploring and finding Fredis early ? I spotted something on a setstage 110 but Fredis wasn't being talkative when I reloaded to stage 100.

Being a Dark Arena slave and telling Lisskit you didn't want to be a slave any more - Lisskit says she's going to send you off to Simple Slavery again (words to that effect) but the Simple Slavery transfer didn't fire. I did have a Slave Task Pit Girl quest active at the time though.

Thanks for the update ! Can also report that the lighting craziness from before appears fixed now. Hurrah ! The gate changes were working as well. The alternate dancer outfit worked as well, no conversion required.

Cheers

zDarkArena.esp 459.84 kB · 1 download

Thank you! I will try this in my setup.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/2/2021 at 11:03 PM, eurgetes said:

Bug report for SSE version, which I know the original author can't support.  Been trying this (with and without Sparkle's cleanup) and while it seems like a fun idea it always ends up corrupting any and all saves done within the confines of the Dark Arena.  In fact, I can't even *see* any of the saves I make in the area, they don't appear in the Load list.  I can still load the quicksave using F9 (if it hasn't gotten corrupted yet, see below), but the inability to see the other saves tells me something major is wrong here.

Save corruption seems to occur largely under two conditions 1) when the PC finishes a dance, about a third of the time you end up with player controls still disabled at the end and your save corrupted (and even if you unstick the controls with another mod you can no longer save the game at all after that, which pretty much ends the playthrough)  2) pit fights involving the PC, where losing invariably ends with save corruption if you don't get instead get dumped straight back to the loading screen for your last uncorrupted save outside the Arena.   I think it would be an enjoyable mod, but since about half the content ends up leading to save corruption it's not playable for me.

There's a "Synthesis" patcher that will remove the "_" from the cell edits. Those underscores are what causes save issue. Either use that patcher or open the file in xedit and manually remove any of the underscores from the cell names. That will probably fix the save issue.

>update your ZAZ 7.0 to: ZAZ 8.0 (CBBE) or ZAZ 8.0+ (CBBE HDT)

>get Dark Arena SSE, install it

>install this mod manually in Data/Edit Scripts folder

>>>https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/7752?tab=files&file_id=18760

>open SSE edit (download it if you don't have it, IT'S A MUST), load all your mods (just to make sure)

>right click over Dark Arena

>Apply Scripts (or something like that)

>choose Dark Arena SSE

>check allow subfolders or something like that

>pick Hishy_RemoveUnderscoreFromEditorIDs.pas-7752-1-0.7z

>click OK to apply the script over DA-SSE

no more crashes upon entering and no more save corruptions

sorry if I said some technical SSE Edit terms wrong my PC takes too long to open it, but that's the general idea

21 hours ago, janedynamite said:

>update your ZAZ 7.0 to: ZAZ 8.0 (CBBE) or ZAZ 8.0+ (CBBE HDT)

>get Dark Arena SSE, install it

>install this mod manually in Data/Edit Scripts folder

>>>https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/7752?tab=files&file_id=18760

>open SSE edit (download it if you don't have it, IT'S A MUST), load all your mods (just to make sure)

>right click over Dark Arena

>Apply Scripts (or something like that)

>choose Dark Arena SSE

>check allow subfolders or something like that

>pick Hishy_RemoveUnderscoreFromEditorIDs.pas-7752-1-0.7z

>click OK to apply the script over DA-SSE

no more crashes upon entering and no more save corruptions

sorry if I said some technical SSE Edit terms wrong my PC takes too long to open it, but that's the general idea

I still manage to crash on entering the Dark Arena.

6 hours ago, Alkemy said:

I still manage to crash on entering the Dark Arena.

Fren just curious if you're familiar with Creation Kit and SEEdit? If so, I highly reccommend you to:

>download Dark Arena for OLDRIM (yes, it has a lot more features, no flickering lights, has tavern music, stable framerate etc)

>simply load the esp in CK (if you have CK Fixes from Nexus and it works fine)

>load Skyrim, Update, ZAZ Animation Pack and SexLab as it's masters and make sure to mark Dark Arena as the ACTIVE FILE

>and save it

>Exit CK

>REPEAT THE PROCEDURE I MENTIONED IN MY PREVIOUS POST

>then you deploy your mods

did this earlier today and the mod is working flawlessly

also could you list some possible mods you have that could be conflicting with Dark Arena? It might help

On 1/1/2022 at 11:28 PM, N.Gamma said:

I have done a quick conversion from Dark Arena 1.38.
I'm not a pro when it comes to conversions but it works for me as far as I can see!
What I have done is:
esp changed form 43 to form 44
textures and meshes converted

Dark Arena 1.38 SE.rar 10.28 MB · 10 downloads

Just gave this a try and its working well.

Thanks!

EDIT:

This worked fine for me yesterday but today I tried to reload my character and I had the same problem as eurgetes

ie. saves I made after entering Dark Arena are not appearing in the load list.

I followed janedynamite's steps and ran the script in ssedit and that has fixed the issue, at least with new saves.

The saves I made yesterday still don't appear but I can enter the arena, make new saves and they appear in the load list.

the zip file attached is N.Gamma conversion with the fix applied.

Dark Arena 1.38 SE.7z

Edited by Plumppy
issues the next day
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/2/2022 at 1:06 AM, Plumppy said:

This worked fine for me yesterday but today I tried to reload my character and I had the same problem as eurgetes

ie. saves I made after entering Dark Arena are not appearing in the load list.

I followed janedynamite's steps and ran the script in ssedit and that has fixed the issue, at least with new saves.

The saves I made yesterday still don't appear but I can enter the arena, make new saves and they appear in the load list.

Ok, I have tested my conversion and had no problems with the save files.
Maybe it's because I did a translation at the same time and fixed the script files without realizing it.

I'm having some troubles getting in the dark arena, right when I go in it freezes up and it goes to my home screen, I don't know if its a bug or its just my computer, the one thing I think is my pc its not very strong and it cant process it and that's one of the reasons why I think it exits me out of my game, and if there's anything I could do to get in and if there's any mods that conflict's with dark arena id like to know, I love the idea of having pit fights and everything else that comes with this mod, any suggestion's will help. ?

I also even started a new game to see if that was the problem and when I started the quest everything works fine until I get to the door and open it. I'm also fairly new to moding. As for player home\quest I have Dracula's Castle from nexus and it works fine and that I wanted to know if that one would work. So I don't know what's wrong with DA.

Edited by eyedcomic2
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/28/2021 at 3:52 AM, janedynamite said:

familiar with Creation Kit and SEEdit?

What do i do to stop the crashing if i don't know how to use these.
It crashes whether im using SS to put myself in there or try the ratway door. Please help me idk what to do

On 1/22/2022 at 10:16 AM, Denver low said:

Whenever, I attempt to enter the Dark Arena, either by Simple Slavery or directly, my game crashes.

Same as this one, i have just seen.

Edited by KKSSL
26 minutes ago, KKSSL said:

What do i do to stop the crashing if i don't know how to use these.

dude I really reccomend you to (in the future) learn to use Creation Kit it's very handy and allows you to control and edit the game/mods

but since you don't know how to use it, I suggest picking the correct version (Dark Arena SE on SPECIAL EDITION and Dark Arena LE on LEGACY EDITION). Try to put Dark Arena the lowest possible on your load order

-in MO2 simply drag to the bottom of your load order

-in Vortex, in the Plugin section, create a rule that forces Dark Arena to load AFTER your current last active mod

if you're using the correct version of Dark Arena and it still doesnt work, it's probably a conflict with other mod. THEN read this topic, taking a glimpse in the words to see if you find out there is a common conflict with other mod you currently have

22 minutes ago, janedynamite said:

learn to use Creation Kit

I shall try, so i found some updates made by people in the posts and downloaded them, like DA SE 1.38.rar/7z or DA SE 1.33+. It still crashed on all three.
I'll try the load order thing and hope it works.
I'm on AE Skyrim btw.

Edit:
image.png.a57ae6fd4e0f90ac951b22b5a3710a2b.png

image.png.eae9170abfee6a5a8686eb8965d8a4c7.png
did i do it right ? If so, still crashes

Edited by KKSSL