Dark Arena SSE

View File
A SSE conversion of Dark Arena LE, made by cathedral and CK

A little mod, which add an underground inn in Riften sewers. It was a commission mod, but due to the demande I decided to continue it.

- get rumors at any innkeeper

- get hints at Riften

- explore Riften sewers and find the Dark Arena.

- request the guard posted at the entry to let you inn... and enjoy what is forbidden in skyrim.

Pitfights, whores, gambling, dances... The Maison offer credit... sort of.

You can be spectator, or work here... or being enslaved... or take control of it.

In details :

- four games are available : a simple blackjack script, a cul de chouette, a single dice, and a small roulette.

- you can bet money on pitfights.

- when you are allowed to work in the dark arena, you can request to go in the pit yourself, whoring and dancing.

- each time you win a game or a pitfight, you receive a lottery ticket. You can earn here whatever between flute and daedric cuirass.

- you can be in dept toward the dark arena, but they will recover their money... by using you as a slave. You'll be able to payback by whoring, dancing, and pitfigting. You'll discover another aspect of the Dark arena...

if you refuse, your stuff will be confiscated, and you'll be sold to the closest slave marker (simple slavery)

- a serious blackjack table was added. It will trigger simple slavery, skooma whore... maybe SD+ in the future, in you loose.

Patchs :

- DarkArena - DBM : patch for uses of Legacy of Dragonborn mod : changes the cards texture

Credits :

Nomkaz for first SSE conversion and DBM patch.

OsmeIMC for scripts tweaks and improvements

Killer Keo skimpy mod : https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/3654/

unknow for slave leia topless CBBE converted meshe

Want to support me? Visit my Patreon ! https://www.patreon.com/Delzaron

Permissions :
You're allowed to use this mod code as you want. You're not allowed to upload this mod on another platform. Assets belongs to their original authors.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    03/01/2020
  • Category
  • Requires
    Sexlab SSE, Zaz 8.0 SSE, Fuz Roh Do SSE, dawnguard SSE
  • Regular Edition Compatible
    Not Applicable

Nice concept! I would love to play it. However, there is a serious issue with the savefile system. It looks like it creates a new player slot with the same player name and the save index stops to advance. Every save has the same index. When you try to load a save you cannot see them, except from the main menu. There, you can see that there a two slots with identical player name. VERY STRANGE!!!

A few minor issues:

1. At the entrance gate there is an invisible wall blocking the player. I had to use the tcl command to get through.

2. The quest marker after pit fight is misplaced. Should point to the npc upstairs (who has the dialoge) not downstairs (who has not).

3. Maybe it is this mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/32748 which enables me to access the dancing poles, when I do that, the dancing quest gets started and the stage advanced beyond the prior tasks which are left blank and cannot be completed anymore.

However, the save issue is very serious and prevents me from playing it.

So I have one question and one thing to report.

Question: Where is Hreinn at?

Report: a lot of characters permanently despawn after a while in the arena, including the guard, so you have to use cheats to get out again.

UPDATE: the mod worked after a restart

The mod works but it is very unstable.

If you stand completely still and avoid doing anything, the scripts seem to execute most of the time, but in many cases, any form of interaction at all seems to completely stop the script executing out right. Not quite sure what is causing this though as I can guarantee that the mod is not conflicting with any other mods I have installed. The only thing I could think of is script-load, but if that was the case I would probably have had problems with other mods, which I do not. Every other mod I have installed works perfectly fine every time.

Anyway, here are some observations I made while using this mod:

(1) if you exit the "Talk to the boss" dialogue (with Hreinn) early, there is a very high chance that the script that unlocks the door to "the Boss" will not execute.

(2) the "bet on a pitgirl" function does not seem to work at all; the pitgirls just stand there and do not attack each other.

(3) the loan interaction that you can have with the Argonian on the left side of the entrance does not execute no matter what. You run through the entire dialogue but then nothing happens at all.

(4) "becoming a pitgirl" can make every single character around you become hostile towards you. (this could reasonably be the result of other mods though)

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/3/2020 at 3:30 PM, Dude2000 said:

Nice concept! I would love to play it. However, there is a serious issue with the savefile system. It looks like it creates a new player slot with the same player name and the save index stops to advance. Every save has the same index. When you try to load a save you cannot see them, except from the main menu. There, you can see that there a two slots with identical player name. VERY STRANGE!!!

A few minor issues:

1. At the entrance gate there is an invisible wall blocking the player. I had to use the tcl command to get through.

2. The quest marker after pit fight is misplaced. Should point to the npc upstairs (who has the dialoge) not downstairs (who has not).

3. Maybe it is this mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/32748 which enables me to access the dancing poles, when I do that, the dancing quest gets started and the stage advanced beyond the prior tasks which are left blank and cannot be completed anymore.

However, the save issue is very serious and prevents me from playing it.

1. You have to talk to the girl on the bench to get in, then you will teleport to the other side of the gate, talk to the guard inside the gate to get back out again.

2. I don't know anything about quest markers but conversion doesn't touch them since I did not convert the ESP.

3. I didn't have this issue when I was testing, When I get my game up and runign again, I'll test it further. I now have a mod tester to assist with finding oddities and such before I hand them over to Delzaron to upload. 

On 3/4/2020 at 5:48 PM, Coalstorm said:

The mod works but it is very unstable.

If you stand completely still and avoid doing anything, the scripts seem to execute most of the time, but in many cases, any form of interaction at all seems to completely stop the script executing out right. Not quite sure what is causing this though as I can guarantee that the mod is not conflicting with any other mods I have installed. The only thing I could think of is script-load, but if that was the case I would probably have had problems with other mods, which I do not. Every other mod I have installed works perfectly fine every time.

Anyway, here are some observations I made while using this mod:

(1) if you exit the "Talk to the boss" dialogue (with Hreinn) early, there is a very high chance that the script that unlocks the door to "the Boss" will not execute.

(2) the "bet on a pitgirl" function does not seem to work at all; the pitgirls just stand there and do not attack each other.

(3) the loan interaction that you can have with the Argonian on the left side of the entrance does not execute no matter what. You run through the entire dialogue but then nothing happens at all.

(4) "becoming a pitgirl" can make every single character around you become hostile towards you. (this could reasonably be the result of other mods though)

I'll have to retest the mod, but I think an new SEQ file should fix those issue, if you know how to do that in SSEEdit, give it a shot and let us know if it works after that. I'm going to redo the SEQ file anyway when/if I can figure out some of the other glitches being reported.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The AI doesn't seem to work for me but a possible fix for the CTDs (and definitely the save issue) is that the underscores in the cell records must be removed. The game (or at least SSE) doesn't like them and it causes save issues - the CTDs may also be part of this too I'd suspect.

You can fix this yourself with SSEEdit, just download the Hishy_RemoveUnderscoreFromEditorIDs.pas script from this link:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/7752?tab=files

Add it to your Edit Scripts folder and make sure you run this script on this mod via SSEEdit. That'll fix that issue at least.

Also - be aware that this mod is form 43. I personally convert all Oldrim mods to form 44 (by resaving them in the creation kit). That may potentially fix crashing issues with this mod as well.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/30/2020 at 2:34 PM, matte00 said:

Same for me, cdt as I try to enter. I tried enough times.

Too bad because the idea is great.

Is there anything similar around?

I have the same question, anything similar??

And same problem: activating mod makes it imposible for my char to enter the Rataway at all.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 10/20/2020 at 8:24 AM, Z The Destroyer said:

so when will it be fixed? we all are getting CTD after entering

On 10/25/2020 at 5:24 PM, preserotri said:

yeah this sounds too good to be true and for anyone who knows a bit of stuff about modding understands that it is a huge undertaking, or a small fantasy atleast.

I can only fix the vanilla version, not the SSE one (I still use Oldrim).

And I'll do things if I find enough motivation...

CTD after entering is a problem I don't have. Can you post a log ?

And yes, some modders to help fixex theses mods could be helpful, I'm overdrowned by real life stuff and depression.