19 hours ago, Delzaron said:

I can only fix the vanilla version, not the SSE one (I still use Oldrim).

And I'll do things if I find enough motivation...

CTD after entering is a problem I don't have. Can you post a log ?

And yes, some modders to help fixex theses mods could be helpful, I'm overdrowned by real life stuff and depression.

this is not meant as a slight against you but the whole mod concepts ambition is what i am talking about

On 11/5/2020 at 12:10 PM, qdc1268966 said:

Can you tell me in detail how to control the arena?

What do you mean by "control" ?

If you want to get incomes from the dark arena, you need to make enough jobs, and get a new line of dialogue in the innkeeper dialogues topics.

• 3 weeks later...

I played it and I am surprised the quality of

this mod! Thank you 

but i m gonna let u know some issues

When player is about to fight the 

i chose only weapon but my clothes and

other thing still was in inventory

naked fight was worked well

And After the fight i had to another fight 

with enemy cuz fellows excep my compamion

passeby him my enemy cuz she hit me

Last thing i want to marker to Npc

it was hard to find npc there re all around

Thx for reading i hope this will be the

best mod ever of se 

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Working perfectly so far, basic functions at least. Well done mod, design is very immersive. Make sure you replace the two dancer body mesh files with your own female body files and rename the files with the same names they were. Thanks for conversion! Gotta start getting through the questlines now. I'll try to post if any bugs come up that I notice.

Edited by Mrpersonx5420

I like the idea of this mod a lot. Just played with it a bit and it seemed to work fine. A few questions though, and some possible suggestions:

1. I was sent here from Simple Slavery and everything went smoothly. I did one fight and was then released. Is this just random luck or is it likely to take more tasks to work yourself out of slavery? I would hope that it would take a little while.

2. Is there a MCM? I didn't see one load into my game. It would seem that there would be some elements that you would want to make adjustable. Just checking. 

3. Okay three... At the end when I was released I was told to go see someone to get my stuff back, but I couldn't find them or even remember the name that I was looking for. There was no way to recall the information so I wandered all over trying to find out who to talk to and couldn't find them, so I reloaded an earlier save. Could this information be made more clear. Maybe add one more step to the quest with an arrow marker directed to the person that has your stuff, or just have them give your stuff back when you get freed. At the very least put the name of the person in the finished quest, although that would be my least favorite solution. 

EDIT:

4. When I was fighting my only fight the other person kept retreating back into the hallway and out of the "arena." It seems to defeat the purpose of an arena if the fighters can wander into the backrooms. Maybe have gates that close and lock before the beginning of the fight so that there is no retreating out of danger. Of course they need to unlock after the fight is over. Not a huge deal, but it is something that kind of loses the immersion otherwise.

5. While I'm at it: It would be cool to include more Devious Devices into it. I know that this is a personal preference, but one that I would vote for, or even Zaz restraints if you don't want to go into DD. There are some options that could be fun for fighting; hands bound and fighting with legs, blindfolded fighting, and if you are up to making outfits (or can find some to borrow) bound outfits with blades or cudgels attached. 

6. Maybe incorporate some of Pama's Interactive Gallows or Pama's Permanent Crucifixes in here with executions for entertainment, Roman style, or have the character beat on a character that is restrained with Pama's Interactive Beatup

This is a cool idea for a mod. Looking forward to seeing how it is developed.

Edited by cerebus300
  • 3 weeks later...

Judging by what I can gather the other thread the bug stems from the dancers inside the arena. Someone's posted a workaround below, but it means going through the fucking bethesda launcher to get the SSE creation kit, downloading a fix to enable multiple master files then deleting the outfits of the dancers, all whilst battling the errors it throws up. I eventually ended up changing their outfits to empty but I think it fucked up the mod so bad in the process that I couldn't get close to the door again, or load a save anywhere near it, that I just fucking gave up. There's probably some easy fix for non UNP users that I'm not anywhere near qualified to understand, but until someone smarter than I wants to put out a fix it's just too much hassle dealing with bethesda shit, but feel free to try it yourself.

• 2 weeks later...

Wait, so I have to edit the files just to get this mod to work?! This honestly seems like something the mod convertor has to do. I shouldn't be expected to fix broken stuff in mods when a mod creator or a convertor messes stuff up.

On 6/27/2021 at 6:19 PM, random44 said:

Judging by what I can gather the other thread the bug stems from the dancers inside the arena. Someone's posted a workaround below, but it means going through the fucking bethesda launcher to get the SSE creation kit, downloading a fix to enable multiple master files then deleting the outfits of the dancers, all whilst battling the errors it throws up. I eventually ended up changing their outfits to empty but I think it fucked up the mod so bad in the process that I couldn't get close to the door again, or load a save anywhere near it, that I just fucking gave up. There's probably some easy fix for non UNP users that I'm not anywhere near qualified to understand, but until someone smarter than I wants to put out a fix it's just too much hassle dealing with bethesda shit, but feel free to try it yourself.

On 7/11/2021 at 7:16 PM, mmehhh said:

For those of you getting CTD, make sure you have zaz 8.0+ installed. 7.0 caused ctd. not sure about standard 8.0

This... actually worked. No crashing problems now. Thank you!

So it says I have done a lot of jobs whenever i finish a dancer quest or pit girl quest, but the dialog option to earn income isnt showing up. How do I know when I have done enough (im assuming its the main boss of the arena I have to talk to right?)

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/14/2021 at 11:47 PM, MuchW0W said:

anyone try converting the new LE version? 

I did managed to port myself, but don't know how to package it for sharing. let me tell you tho it's easier to do it yourself, atleast for this mod. I had 0 experience doing this befoe also.

FOR THOSE WHO WANT TO TRY PORTING YOURSELVES:

-Create a new mod profile so that the old setup still serves as a backup
-Get Creation Kit from Bethesda
-*** Get Creation Kit Fixes (read the page, too. There are settings you need to change.) ***

-Run CK from game folder
-Load mod up (File>Data>Set the mod as Active File), double click an object id to change name, ok, then again to change it back to original name. I changed the fish barrel. This makes CK think that the mod is now edited for SE, therefore it is now compatible.

-You can now save and exit CK.
-Check with LOOT. It shouldn't have 'made for oldrim' warning anymore.

no need for a new save. I even loaded up from the old SE version where I was literally in the arena, and still doesn't crash, lol. The arena should also look a bit darker and more contrasted compared to the old ver (1.2+), because OP said lighting was adjusted in the new version. So that also proves it, I guess.

Cheers.

Edited by bcstv
3 hours ago, bcstv said:

I did managed to port myself, but don't know how to package it for sharing. let me tell you tho it's easier to do it yourself, atleast for this mod. I had 0 experience doing this befoe also.

FOR THOSE WHO WANT TO TRY PORTING YOURSELVES:

-Create a new mod profile so that the old setup still serves as a backup
-Get Creation Kit from Bethesda
-*** Get Creation Kit Fixes (read the page, too. There are settings you need to change.) ***

-Run CK from game folder
-Load mod up, double click an object id to cahnge name, ok, then again to change it back to original name. I changed the fish barrel. This makes CK think that the mod is now edited for SE, therefore it is now compatible.

-You can now save and exit CK.
-Check with LOOT. It shouldn't have 'made for oldrim' warning anymore.

no need for a new save. I even loaded up from the old SE version where I was literrally in the arena, and still doesn't crash, lol. The arena should also look a bit darker and more contrasted compared to the old ver (1.2+), because OP said lighting was adjusted in the new version. So that also proves it, I guess.

Cheers.

ah cool was worried id have to do something special since there was no conversion out yet :D  at least someone is running a convereted one thanks 

On 7/23/2021 at 9:37 PM, bcstv said:

snip

If you use MO2 then you should be able to make a zip file with the files under your mod installation and it should work as an install for other people as well. Anyway, made a port with these instructions, and also converted the dancer outfit to 3BA while I was at it. I didn't test this so I have no idea if it actually works, though.

Dark Arena SE 1.33+.7z