[AAF] "The Fucking Manual" ~ Adult oriented setup guide 7th/April/2024).

Anyone else here having problems with AAF installed? I followed the instructions precisely but my game experience a variety of issues. I have all the required files for AAF installed plus a couple of add-ons that were listed in the guide and very few QoL mods from nexus. Some of the few issues I noticed, god mode effect after any sex animation, mods randomly not working, healing items do not work, 10+ seconds delay before animations play, stiff looking animations (though I think this is just how the animations were made but very bad compared to sexlab animations). Overall the game is just pretty much messed up after I installed a complete AAF setup. I even migrated everything from Vortex to MO2 because I was told that would help, it didn't.

16 minutes ago, ketsup1227 said:

Anyone else here having problems with AAF installed? I followed the instructions precisely but my game experience a variety of issues. I have all the required files for AAF installed plus a couple of add-ons that were listed in the guide and very few QoL mods from nexus. Some of the few issues I noticed, god mode effect after any sex animation, mods randomly not working, healing items do not work, 10+ seconds delay before animations play, stiff looking animations (though I think this is just how the animations were made but very bad compared to sexlab animations). Overall the game is just pretty much messed up after I installed a complete AAF setup. I even migrated everything from Vortex to MO2 because I was told that would help, it didn't.

LUL, who told you that mo2 can help?

2 hours ago, ketsup1227 said:

image.png.86343b1b76c4a0b55fc6e5b4c72ffcad.png

1 hour ago, Indarello said:

LUL, who told you that mo2 can help?

It was recommended a while ago by users in fallout subs on reddit. I've only decided to try it out now. MO2's custom load order feature to be specific, Vortex isn't very user friendly when it comes to changing load order. Apparently Vortex's built-in load organizer isn't very effective and causes some plugins to be incorrectly placed, either too high or too low in the load order. Honestly I liked it better than Vortex, much more versatile once you become familiar with it.

Hey, I'm new into Fallout 4. Played the game for a while and now I'm testing some mods for the first time. I noticed AAF and the other mods that supports it - like Sex em Up, have a maximum time span of a few seconds for animations to play (set in MCM). Then they do not loop for another animation, but the scene ends. 

I've been looking around and I couldn't find around what I'm going to ask for: is there a way for the animations to cycle until I call them to end via keyboard input? Or is there something to that effect?

Thanks in advance

EDIT: I know devs don't read these posts. I'm asking for other moder users who would happen to know what I'm asking for.

Edited by allfather123
37 minutes ago, allfather123 said:

Hey, I'm new into Fallout 4. Played the game for a while and now I'm testing some mods for the first time. I noticed AAF and the other mods that supports it - like Sex em Up, have a maximum time span of a few seconds for animations to play (set in MCM). Then they do not loop for another animation, but the scene ends. 

I've been looking around and I couldn't find around what I'm going to ask for: is there a way for the animations to cycle until I call them to end via keyboard input? Or is there something to that effect?

Thanks in advance

EDIT: I know devs don't read these posts. I'm asking for other moder users who would happen to know what I'm asking for.

You will need to find something like this in scripts of mods you are editing:
AAF:AAF_API:SceneSettings settings = AAF_API.GetSceneSettings()

then you need to add this:
settings.duration = -1

before something like this:
AAF_API.StartScene(actors, settings)

then compile script

2 hours ago, ketsup1227 said:

It was recommended a while ago by users in fallout subs on reddit. I've only decided to try it out now. MO2's custom load order feature to be specific, Vortex isn't very user friendly when it comes to changing load order. Apparently Vortex's built-in load organizer isn't very effective and causes some plugins to be incorrectly placed, either too high or too low in the load order. Honestly I liked it better than Vortex, much more versatile once you become familiar with it.

So you mean MO2 knows when it needs to put some plugins higher in load order?
This is some kind of AI MO2 has? Like it reads plugins -> finds same records -> analyze and set load order? 

17 minutes ago, Indarello said:

So you mean MO2 knows when it needs to put some plugins higher in load order?
This is some kind of AI MO2 has? Like it reads plugins -> finds same records -> analyze and set load order? 

I made inquiries about my load order and had help setting up the proper order of plugins and organized them myself in MO2. I used to do the same in NMM, BOSS, LOOT, etc. years ago with Skyrim, FO3, and NV so I like to think I know what I'm doing.

Kinda seems like I triggered something in you and whatever it is I sincerely apologize I did not mean to offend anyone. If any of this makes you feel uncomfortable by all means just please ignore it. You're reply seems very passive-aggressive and I really am just here to look for advice and in my experience the community here has been very helpful to me over the years but if I broke some kind of unwritten law or something there are other places I can ask help from.

Spoiler
4 hours ago, allfather123 said:

Thanks in advance

3 hours ago, Indarello said:

You will need to find something like this in scripts of mods you are editing:
AAF:AAF_API:SceneSettings settings = AAF_API.GetSceneSettings()

then you need to add this:
settings.duration = -1

before something like this:
AAF_API.StartScene(actors, settings)

then compile script

That's a bit in-depth for the first thing to attempt.

AAF -> AAF folder -> AAF Settings.ini

Top line under [Preferences] should be default_scene_duration, should be able to set it to -1 to last until cancelled, or unless a mod sets a duration. Or set it to 300 or so seconds, for a 5min scene.

If a mod you're wanting to use to initiate it, doesn't let you set it high enough for your liking, can try asking the author nicely if they're willing to up it in an update.

Otherwise, you can alter it yourself, any mods with MCM settings for it is relatively easy to change, just find the Scene Duration somewhere in that mods MCM stuff in their scripts, should look something like this;

LoadSetting(JK_IVY_SCENE_DURATION, "fSceneDuration:Global", 10.0, 90.0)

Then change the latter number to the max duration you want (lower limit, upper limit. In that order).

Then, compile the script in the CK. For some mods, this might mean having to try and decompile scripts for their sources, and moving that where the CK sees it [Data -> Scripts -> Source -> User -> Mod's script folder [if one exists for that mod]), so it knows what is what, and will let you compile.
Shouldn't really be necessary, for most mods.

Once compiled, MCM -> Config -> Mod name -> config.json, find the setting you just altered, and change the max to match the value you set in the script.

Save, run, enjoy excessively long scene durations :joy:

9 hours ago, ketsup1227 said:

Anyone else here having problems with AAF installed? I followed the instructions precisely but my game experience a variety of issues. I have all the required files for AAF installed plus a couple of add-ons that were listed in the guide and very few QoL mods from nexus.

The things you describe don't sound to me like a case where AAF is incorrectly installed.

Some of the few issues I noticed, god mode effect after any sex animation, mods randomly not working, healing items do not work,

This can happen if the "ghost" flag doesn't get correctly removed at the end of the scene. I see it happen occasionally and expect there's some sort of race condition involved with consecutive scenes but have been unable to entirely pin it down. I've noticed that sticking with AAF's default walk_timeout rather than setting it lower (as some users/guides recommend) mostly eliminates the issue for me, but I still very rarely have to go into the console and clear the ghost flag on the player manually.

10+ seconds delay before animations play,

This is usually AAF trying to path the actors to a chosen location for the scene and can vary depending on system performance, number of actors, how cluttered the location is, navmeshing between the actors and the location, et cetera. It tends to be less pronounced if you stick with ground animations rather than furniture animations and avoid large search areas where actors are selected who are standing far apart.

stiff looking animations (though I think this is just how the animations were made but very bad compared to sexlab animations).

Yes, this will mostly be on the animation creators, though if you're using bodies with accelerational and/or collision physics support (e.g. Fusion Girl and BodyTalk/Atomic Muscle) it can make things feel a little less rigid.

Overall the game is just pretty much messed up after I installed a complete AAF setup. I even migrated everything from Vortex to MO2 because I was told that would help, it didn't.

Aside from you probably getting ghost stuck on the player at times, it doesn't sound like anything else you're complaining about is impacting the game itself, only the experience with AAF  scenes. And as others have noted, this has nothing to do with using MO2 vs Vortex (I've used Vortex for years, it has very flexible and fine-grained support for ordering both file installation and plugins, anyone who claims otherwise is a fanboi who parrots the things other fanbois have told them about old development releases of Vortex from years ago).

32 minutes ago, donniehinck said:

No I don’t 

Normally the player character and NPCs share the same nude body textures (setting aside that males and females have different textures, there's elderly textures, ghoul skin, dirty texture versions used for raiders...), so outside of some mod making it possible for them to have different textures this would be unusual.

• Saya Scarlett changed the title to [AAF Fucking Manual] Up-To-Date Adult oriented setup guide (19/March/2022)
52 minutes ago, SXertui01 said:

Is there a way to fix  hands on body?

Not really, no.

52 minutes ago, SXertui01 said:

I don't know if modders made poses with very slim bodies but the hands are always into the legs, hips, butts. Even with a normal body.

Yes, the skeletons are always in specific positions for each cell of an animation, so BodySlide morphs can't really be taken into account. Animators, for the most part, try to find a happy medium which will work reasonably well with the most common body shapes players use, but if you have especially low or high morph values for certain sliders you'll notice a lack of contact or significant clipping depending on the situation.

All the modifications are installed and they work, the only thing that doesn't work is the animations, 
and whenever a scene is going to occur, either the NPC gives up or nothing happens, I tried the 2 methods, 
both by Vortex and MO, and also manually, and nothing =/
The game I have is on Steam.
Any help is welcome ^^
Edited by Dariusex002
13 hours ago, Dariusex002 said:
All the modifications are installed and they work, the only thing that doesn't work is the animations, 
and whenever a scene is going to occur, either the NPC gives up or nothing happens, I tried the 2 methods, 
both by Vortex and MO, and also manually, and nothing =/
The game I have is on Steam.
Any help is welcome ^^

You need to provide at least some info, like mod list (not esp list), or errors in aaf admin menu

Even better, re-read the beginning of the manual, where is says that if you want reliable and timely help, ask in the AAF Discord's help channels instead of here. There are a few folks here who try to answer very specific questions, but general requests for help aren't really considered on-topic. This is intended more as a place to discuss corrections and updates, or provide other sorts of non-urgent feedback which the manual's authors may eventually see.

Well, I went painstakingly through the installation process for AAF, avoiding all the things it said to avoid. And the game crashes to desktop when loading my last save.

So, I disabled all the mods in this guide, and installed the minimum noted (AAF + Vanilla/Kinky/Creature Theme + 1 Animation Mod)

And the game still crashes to desktop. Uninstalled all these mods, still crashes. My game is now broken.

Oh, and can't post to discord server until running a mod? Which won't help since I uninstalled them all...

7 hours ago, Steel Rat said:

Well, I went painstakingly through the installation process for AAF, avoiding all the things it said to avoid. And the game crashes to desktop when loading my last save.

So, I disabled all the mods in this guide, and installed the minimum noted (AAF + Vanilla/Kinky/Creature Theme + 1 Animation Mod)

And the game still crashes to desktop. Uninstalled all these mods, still crashes. My game is now broken.

Oh, and can't post to discord server until running a mod? Which won't help since I uninstalled them all...

Why cant you post on the discord server?  These guys provide awesome support as log as you post according to the instructions to help them analyze give you the advice you need to get your game running, AND they do it for free.  Its not their fault you are having these crash issues.  

Edited by Boceifus
On 20/03/2022 at 09:55, vaultbait said:

Melhor ainda, releia o início do manual, onde diz que se você deseja ajuda confiável e oportuna, peça nos canais de ajuda do Discord da AAF em vez de aqui. Existem algumas pessoas aqui que tentam responder a perguntas muito específicas, mas os pedidos gerais de ajuda não são realmente considerados no tópico. Este é mais um local para discutir correções e atualizações, ou fornecer outros tipos de feedback não urgentes que os autores do manual podem eventualmente ver.

And what would be the link please

I've been trying for over a week and nothing ><

It's already getting frustrated

• Saya Scarlett changed the title to [AAF Fucking Manual] Up-To-Date Adult oriented setup guide (21/March/2022)
On 3/19/2022 at 4:21 PM, SXertui01 said:

Is there a way to fix  hands on body? I don't know if modders made poses with very slim bodies but the hands are always into the legs, hips, butts. Even with a normal body.

that's why i settled for Zero Slider (less hassle)