[AAF] "The Fucking Manual" ~ Adult oriented setup guide 7th/April/2024).

On 7/2/2022 at 3:53 AM, Sgt. Marge said:

Issue: Arturo (and anyone else wearing Dirty Army Outfit) is stretching!

Solution: Latest problem with Bodytalk was with Dirty Army Outfit that Arturo wears, it was stretching out because he is so buff he can't be contained there was a problem.  Please install the newest Bodytalk (TBOS-BT3-July2022-R2.zip) which was released July 24 to address this problem and batch build the male clothing again in Bodyslide.

The problem I'm facing is that the arms dealer's uniform is literally going through the roof.

I installed the current version BT. By now I know how to build female bodies and adjust the clothes. However, I've never fitted a male body. Especially since I'm not using a male actor and only need the fix for the Arturo bug.

How exactly do I refit male clothing and what do I need to enter? Do I also have to create the male body? With morph or without? Bodytalk 3 and BT3 Zero above? And for the stack, the same as for the women, or a different selection?

I'm sorry to spill it all on you, but I'm trying to be as clear as possible.

6 minutes ago, deathmorph said:

The problem I'm facing is that the arms dealer's uniform is literally going through the roof.

I installed the current version BT. By now I know how to build female bodies and adjust the clothes. However, I've never fitted a male body. Especially since I'm not using a male actor and only need the fix for the Arturo bug.

How exactly do I refit male clothing and what do I need to enter? Do I also have to create the male body? With morph or without? Bodytalk 3 and BT3 Zero above? And for the stack, the same as for the women, or a different selection?

I'm sorry to spill it all on you, but I'm trying to be as clear as possible.

You need to remove the "pre-built" clothing which is causing this issue.  Please check my post here in the tech support forum, that should explain what to do. 

1 hour ago, SixThreeEight said:

would it be possible to maybe put next to what mods were updated, to make it easier for us to find them so we dont have to go through every single mode.

Please click the follow button on all the mods you are using and that should help, but we won't be trying to make in depth change logs.  I will periodically post here if the update is significant and I have time to do so :)

7 hours ago, Streamlne said:

I am looking for the zazout4 v.0.0.3.2 Beta.  Anyone have a copy of it?

Is there some reason you are looking for that version specifically?  It has bugs with the animations.  There was just a new version 0.0.3.3 uploaded this week which fixes them.

15 hours ago, Streamlne said:

I am looking for the zazout4 v.0.0.3.2 Beta.  Anyone have a copy of it?

8 hours ago, Sgt. Marge said:

Is there some reason you are looking for that version specifically?  It has bugs with the animations.  There was just a new version 0.0.3.3 uploaded this week which fixes them.

Only reason I can discern is it is for a unsupported mod compatibility issue.  Generally, old or unsupported mods aren't something covered with AAF and guides in general.  You never know what kind issue might arise.

32 minutes ago, RitualClarity said:

Only reason I can discern is it is for a unsupported mod compatibility issue.  Generally, old or unsupported mods aren't something covered with AAF and guides in general.  You never know what kind issue might arise.

Well, it seems to come up constantly because of modpacks/collections which specify particular versions of mods, and their users aren't clueful enough to just update the version constraints themselves so wind up asking for old versions to satisfy that manifest instead. Regardless, not something I expect the authors of most mods to even try to support.

Are there BodyTalk Sliders (for Male characters) under the Advanced Section of the looksmenu, similar to CBBE for female characters?

To elaborate, when I use the Advanced Tab on LooksMenu for female characters, I get a lot of options. I do not get those for BodyTalk, but had several options when I used Dongs of Fallout. There are no advanced sliders for men. BodyTalk otherwise appears to work fine. Trying to diagnose if there is an issue here and where it would be

1 hour ago, LrNZo said:

Are there BodyTalk Sliders (for Male characters) under the Advanced Section of the looksmenu, similar to CBBE for female characters?

To elaborate, when I use the Advanced Tab on LooksMenu for female characters, I get a lot of options. I do not get those for BodyTalk, but had several options when I used Dongs of Fallout. There are no advanced sliders for men. BodyTalk otherwise appears to work fine. Trying to diagnose if there is an issue here and where it would be

The mod author made a design choice to split bodygen and looksmenu sliders for FusionGirl and Bodytalk into a separate mod.  You'll need this:

10 hours ago, vaultbait said:

Well, it seems to come up constantly because of modpacks/collections which specify particular versions of mods, and their users aren't clueful enough to just update the version constraints themselves so wind up asking for old versions to satisfy that manifest instead. Regardless, not something I expect the authors of most mods to even try to support.

I forgot about the mod pack collections.  I usually do my homework and build my own mod list from scratch, with an occasional look over someone else list or a mod pack for suggestions and or new mods / ideas.

On 6/5/2022 at 1:15 PM, DbleMinded said:

Are there any player run brothel mods out there that actually work? I can't even find AAF prostitution anymore and it never worked well anyway. And the one brothel mod listed in the OP says it's broken as well. So I'm looking for a functioning player run brothel/prostitution mod. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I see Human Resources has a brothel aspect to it but I'm wary of the workshop mod it has as a hard requirement.

There's a patch to RSE II - Brothels, but I haven't tried it yet.

Patch: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/58969?tab=description

My apology if I should ask somewhere else. In the current iteration of AAF and the various animation packs and such, is there a way to not have the scenes/animations remove you equipment? To my knowledge there is a working mod that stops vanilla equipment from being removed/stripped, BUT I would like to know if there is any up to date version where modded equipment and clothing won't be removed/stripped. Thanks for any replies.

7 minutes ago, Zerozerooneone said:

My apology if I should ask somewhere else. In the current iteration of AAF and the various animation packs and such, is there a way to not have the scenes/animations remove you equipment? To my knowledge there is a working mod that stops vanilla equipment from being removed/stripped, BUT I would like to know if there is any up to date version where modded equipment and clothing won't be removed/stripped. Thanks for any replies.

The question is more nuanced than it might seem.

First, if you've just got some specific items you don't want removed you can use something like Roggvir's No-Strip Items Manager to flag them with a protected keyword in-game and AAF (and some other mods which check the same keywords) won't strip them. That's the most user-friendly approach, but if you're not afraid of a text editor and browsing plugin contents with the FO4CK or FO4Edit, then you can create a custom protected equipment set data file like this:

Spoiler
<meta title="Custom_protectedEquipmentData.xml" version="1.0" dataSet="protectedEquipment"/>
<defaults />

<condition>
	<protectKeyword form=deadaf" source="Some Mod Plugin.esp"/>
	<protectKeyword form=a1b2c3" source="Some Mod Plugin.esp"/>
</condition>

If you don't want most mod items stripped by AAF then you choose a less thorough undressing option in AAF's FOMOD installer menu, or you can roll up your sleeves and alter its AAF_equipmentSetData.xml file to specify which biped slots should have items unequipped from them.

All of the above is for handling what does or doesn't get stripped by AAF. Quite a few mods implement their own stripping routines before handing off to AAF scenes, which as I'm sure you can imagine leads to confusing and inconsistent behaviors. Some are nice and use query Rogg's No-Strip or check AAF's protected equipment keywords, some give you the option of turning off their striping feature or provide you with ways to configure what slots are/aren't stripped by them, some just shoot from the hip and do what the mod author thought was a good idea at the time.

To more accurately answer your question, we'll need specifics: what mod is initiating the scene, and what item(s) is it stripping that you wanted left worn?

1 hour ago, vaultbait said:

The question is more nuanced than it might seem.

First, if you've just got some specific items you don't want removed you can use something like Roggvir's No-Strip Items Manager to flag them with a protected keyword in-game and AAF (and some other mods which check the same keywords) won't strip them. That's the most user-friendly approach, but if you're not afraid of a text editor and browsing plugin contents with the FO4CK or FO4Edit, then you can create a custom protected equipment set data file like this:

Reveal hidden contents
<meta title="Custom_protectedEquipmentData.xml" version="1.0" dataSet="protectedEquipment"/>
<defaults />

<condition>
	<protectKeyword form=deadaf" source="Some Mod Plugin.esp"/>
	<protectKeyword form=a1b2c3" source="Some Mod Plugin.esp"/>
</condition>

If you don't want most mod items stripped by AAF then you choose a less thorough undressing option in AAF's FOMOD installer menu, or you can roll up your sleeves and alter its AAF_equipmentSetData.xml file to specify which biped slots should have items unequipped from them.

All of the above is for handling what does or doesn't get stripped by AAF. Quite a few mods implement their own stripping routines before handing off to AAF scenes, which as I'm sure you can imagine leads to confusing and inconsistent behaviors. Some are nice and use query Rogg's No-Strip or check AAF's protected equipment keywords, some give you the option of turning off their striping feature or provide you with ways to configure what slots are/aren't stripped by them, some just shoot from the hip and do what the mod author thought was a good idea at the time.

To more accurately answer your question, we'll need specifics: what mod is initiating the scene, and what item(s) is it stripping that you wanted left worn?

Thank you for the reply already!  

Now, the item I wish not to be removed is the X-92 power suit mod (https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/9278 from this link)
I also did find Roggvir's no-strip items manager, but sadly for some reason despite using it, this my equipment was removed none the less. As I'm rather new to fallout and it's modding, there is a possibility that I have missed something. And as I type this, the thought came to me. Would this item manager need two different files to work? The original at the start of the thread with a big "download this file" button And the patch that was linked at the very end of the thread? *Edit:* Turns out those are the same file, or so it would seem, I was confused. My mistake

Furthermore the usage of backdash did not work for me during scenes despite all else working. (Might be an issue of keyboards. My keyboard has a different layout as I need some more keys over let's say US keyboards.)

I must admit that I do not know what is AAF's FOMOD installer menu. (Unless this is the menu where you select some options which finish up the installation, Including different animation back, the initial option of what is done to equipment etc etc. In that case I do know it.) If it is the menu I suspect, I chose the game/mod to not strip any equipment. 

I would be willing to modify xml file(s) if need be, as I do enjoy this object quite much.

Once again, I would like to already thank you for your help and time!

Edited by Zerozerooneone
Clarification
11 minutes ago, Zerozerooneone said:

Thank you for the reply already!  

Now, the item I wish not to be removed is the X-92 power suit mod (https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/9278 from this link)
I also did find Roggvir's no-strip items manager, but sadly for some reason despite using it, this my equipment was removed none the less. As I'm rather new to fallout and it's modding, there is a possibility that I have missed something. And as I type this, the thought came to me. Would this item manager need two different files to work? The original at the start of the thread with a big "download this file" button And the patch that was linked at the very end of the thread? *Edit:* Turns out those are the same file, or so it would seem, I was confused. My mistake

So, to leverage the No-Strip function you'll need to use the config item it adds to your inventory. You select the gender you want to configure and then once you exit the Pip-Boy you'll see a container. Move the item you don't want to be stripped from your inventory side to the container side (you'll still have the item in your inventory when you exit, don't worry). Once you exit from the container inventory management view back to the gender selection menu, scroll down to the end to find the exit option. This should stop AAF from stripping that clothing, but it won't necessarily stop other mods from stripping it before they call AAF.

Furthermore the usage of backdash did not work for me during scenes despite all else working. (Might be an issue of keyboards. My keyboard has a different layout as I need some more keys over let's say US keyboards.)

AAF's keybindings can be configured in the AAF_settings.ini file if you need to adjust them for the scancodes emitted by your keyboard.

I must admit that I do not know what is AAF's FOMOD installer menu. (Unless this is the menu where you select some options which finish up the installation, Including different animation back, the initial option of what is done to equipment etc etc. In that case I do know it.) If it is the menu I suspect, I chose the game/mod to not strip any equipment.

AAF is distributed as a FOMOD archive. When you install it with a FOMOD-capable mod manager like MO2 or Vortex, it will show a menu during installation with some installation options. One of the choices (I think it's on the last page) is for how to handle undressing. Again, though, this selects how AAF's stripping works, but not mods which might strip characters before they call AAF.

I would be willing to modify xml file(s) if need be, as I do enjoy this object quite much.

Once again, I would like to already thank you for your help and time!

What you haven't said is which mod is calling AAF to start a scene (unless you're simply initiating scenes from AAF's on-screen menu to test it).

9 hours ago, vaultbait said:

So, to leverage the No-Strip function you'll need to use the config item it adds to your inventory. You select the gender you want to configure and then once you exit the Pip-Boy you'll see a container. Move the item you don't want to be stripped from your inventory side to the container side (you'll still have the item in your inventory when you exit, don't worry). Once you exit from the container inventory management view back to the gender selection menu, scroll down to the end to find the exit option. This should stop AAF from stripping that clothing, but it won't necessarily stop other mods from stripping it before they call AAF.

AAF's keybindings can be configured in the AAF_settings.ini file if you need to adjust them for the scancodes emitted by your keyboard.

AAF is distributed as a FOMOD archive. When you install it with a FOMOD-capable mod manager like MO2 or Vortex, it will show a menu during installation with some installation options. One of the choices (I think it's on the last page) is for how to handle undressing. Again, though, this selects how AAF's stripping works, but not mods which might strip characters before they call AAF.

What you haven't said is which mod is calling AAF to start a scene (unless you're simply initiating scenes from AAF's on-screen menu to test it).

Huh... So I was testing one last time yesterday, and I was invisible during scenes. This was something new that I was going to mention, but figured 6am was late enough that it could wait for tomorrow. Well, the morning came and I figured I'd check to see that it still happened. It did not, so I was happy. Next I did as you instructed to get the no-strip function to work. And it did. I was surprised and tried 3 different scenes. I'm very happy about this, and I'll copy your instructions onto a text file so I can always go through this properly when/if need be. I have no idea what I did wrong the last time since I followed instructions on the mod page itself. But in the words of one man "All of this just works"

Now I suppose I should ask since I seem to have encountered an expert of AAF. Is there a way to increase player character volume without reinstalling the whole AAF? Or would you happen to know off of a good voice mod? As it stands the voice of the character is pretty much on the level of a very quiet whisper.

Once again, I would like to thank you for your help and hard work!

15 minutes ago, Zerozerooneone said:

Huh... So I was testing one last time yesterday, and I was invisible during scenes.

Character being invisible during scenes is something that can be caused by several different things

- using 8k textures

- using unique player + alternate start + skipping the pre-war

- using AAF Assimilation (or any mod that changes hair in a specific way)

- wearing a non converted armor item during a scene and using CBBE 3bbb

These are just some examples of what can cause the character to be invisible during a scene.  For more in depth troubleshooting of this problem, feel free to join the AAF Discord server.  The invite link is on the front page.

1 hour ago, Sgt. Marge said:

Character being invisible during scenes is something that can be caused by several different things

- using 8k textures

- using unique player + alternate start + skipping the pre-war

- using AAF Assimilation (or any mod that changes hair in a specific way)

- wearing a non converted armor item during a scene and using CBBE 3bbb

These are just some examples of what can cause the character to be invisible during a scene.  For more in depth troubleshooting of this problem, feel free to join the AAF Discord server.  The invite link is on the front page.

Indeed, I figured as much. But as long as it does not happen again, I'm happy.  Out of those things you listed, only hair is a possibility. 
I will likely join the discord sooner or later, but for now. If everything works, I see no reason to ruin the scenery in there.

1 hour ago, Sgt. Marge said:

using AAF Assimilation (or any mod that changes hair in a specific way)

Oh! I've been seeing this start randomly happening very recently too, and I think it might be the hairstyle randomization in the recent rewrite of Random Overlay Framework, since @Invictusbladehas been struggling to figure out how to get that mod to not also affect the AAF player doppleganger. I'll try disabling its hairstyle support and see if that problem disappears.

• Saya Scarlett changed the title to [AAF Fucking Manual] Up-To-Date Adult oriented setup guide (3/October/2022)
On 10/1/2022 at 2:23 PM, vaultbait said:

Oh! I've been seeing this start randomly happening very recently too, and I think it might be the hairstyle randomization in the recent rewrite of Random Overlay Framework, since @Invictusbladehas been struggling to figure out how to get that mod to not also affect the AAF player doppleganger. I'll try disabling its hairstyle support and see if that problem disappears.

Not conclusive, but since I disabled hairstyle randomization in ROF's MCM, I haven't seen the AAF doppleganger turn invisible any longer. What's odd is that it only ever seemed to happen when animations took place outdoors (Commonwealth worldspace), wasn't occurring for animations in indoor cells, but maybe there's a performance-related race condition involved too.

Hello guy i have this error in AAF (yellow)the game and AAF run normaly but no possibility to select actor and scene and i not really see what is the problem .Normaly the animation work fine but when i instal UAP no possibility to select scene/actor(red) same if i disable the one patch to rule them all

loadorder.txtimage.png.04a98858dc3bc86c990db94bfcf47cf3.png

Edited by NukaKhorne