1 hour ago, Highborn said:

Speaking of brothels, I think they could use a road sign, like we have for the inns. 

I have it in the list from when you suggested that previously. Unfortunately, 3D and textures are not my strengths, so I'm not even really sure how to go about doing that.

3 hours ago, ruddycray said:

I have it in the list from when you suggested that previously. Unfortunately, 3D and textures are not my strengths, so I'm not even really sure how to go about doing that.

Can't you just use the vanilla resource for the 3d post sign? The only thing you'd need is to replace the .dds texture for a custom one with the name Dibella's Garden. You could use this mod as a base, t's a resource for multiple signs for shops and inns that are free to use:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/98360

It could be just a temporary placeholder too. Maybe someone here that is talented might give it a shot

I'm also attaching a custom sign from a brothel in the mod Thief to show an example. I could talk with the author to ask for permission to use it as a base: 

NadamPetitSignEng.png

Edited by Highborn
5 hours ago, Highborn said:

Can't you just use the vanilla resource for the 3d post sign? The only thing you'd need is to replace the .dds texture for a custom one with the name Dibella's Garden. You could use this mod as a base, t's a resource for multiple signs for shops and inns that are free to use:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/98360

I think the main problem I had before, other than general discomfort with NifSkope, was that I couldn't find a basic blank sign to work from that was also designed to work with something that already had a mesh. The mod you linked is based on something that's what I was looking for, and I think I've got it figured out:

Spoiler

125611330_ScreenShot109-Copy.png.58ce0df8c6354699866b61d40a5622c2.png

37 minutes ago, ruddycray said:

I think the main problem I had before, other than general discomfort with NifSkope, was that I couldn't find a basic blank sign to work from that was also designed to work with something that already had a mesh. The mod you linked is based on something that's what I was looking for, and I think I've got it figured out:

Hide contents

125611330_ScreenShot109-Copy.png.58ce0df8c6354699866b61d40a5622c2.png

Nice, that looks great! ?

Really enjoy the mod, and looking forward to getting my load order set up for the new version.

Have you ever considered creating a pimp/madame questline where in endgame you try to take over everything brothel related in Skyrim?  It's something that would work with a male or female PC. 

1 hour ago, HostemPopuli said:

Really enjoy the mod, and looking forward to getting my load order set up for the new version.

Have you ever considered creating a pimp/madame questline where in endgame you try to take over everything brothel related in Skyrim?  It's something that would work with a male or female PC. 

Glad you enjoy it!

The quest lines for Dibella's Garden and Benjen will basically be each of them trying to take over the majority of prostitution in Skyrim. I am fairly opposed to the player becoming the supreme leader of yet another organization, but that doesn't mean you couldn't become an important member of them. Honestly, I've got too many quest lines in the works to add another one, I think, but I will probably try to think of how to bring in some stuff for males eventually. It's just a very, very low priority for me.

On 11/24/2021 at 9:40 AM, ruddycray said:

I'm calling the Vanikseth quest line 100% complete

Just finished the Vanikseth questline - outstanding! ❤️

I feel a real attachment to that character now, and I would love for them to become a potential follower after completing their questline.

22 hours ago, Herowynne said:

Just finished the Vanikseth questline - outstanding! ❤️

I feel a real attachment to that character now, and I would love for them to become a potential follower after completing their questline.

That's a possibility. Since finishing that quest line, I have definitely found myself wanting to do more with the character.

On 12/1/2021 at 5:27 PM, ruddycray said:

I am fairly opposed to the player becoming the supreme leader of yet another organization, but that doesn't mean you couldn't become an important member of them.

I def prefer this direction, as for the latter part I think that could be quite interesting if say you end up being a 'favorite' to some noble or something (for better or worse, depending on the noble/wtv involved - it could either be a cute infatuation or someone acting like they 'own the player')

Minor Bug Report: v 0.9 on SE

If my character already has a bed at the inn and she asks to start working, the inn keeper will tell her "that's nice, but you don't have enough gold for a room." I am using Become a Bard to play music to get a free room at the inn, in case that matters.

If I use a console command to add gold to her inventory, the inn keeper lets my character start working - and they don't take any gold for room (which is good because the character already has a room).

I'm guessing accepting the inn-keeper's terms checks the player character's gold level and not whether they already have a room?

Just a report. My workaround is to add the gold, get the agreement to work, and then remove the gold again.

I think I've said it before, but no harm in saying it again: great mod, thanks for your work on it :)

3 hours ago, thelord007 said:

How I complete the dawnstar quest? Do I have to make a potion? Also where in Intius?

You might want to set the Quest Marker Level option in the MCM to Spoiler. That should point you where you need to go for those quests.

You do not need to make a potion in Dawnstar. You just need to talk to the right person who's seen something.

47 minutes ago, Anunya said:

If my character already has a bed at the inn and she asks to start working, the inn keeper will tell her "that's nice, but you don't have enough gold for a room." I am using Become a Bard to play music to get a free room at the inn, in case that matters.

If I use a console command to add gold to her inventory, the inn keeper lets my character start working - and they don't take any gold for room (which is good because the character already has a room).

I'm guessing accepting the inn-keeper's terms checks the player character's gold level and not whether they already have a room?

Just a report. My workaround is to add the gold, get the agreement to work, and then remove the gold again.

I think I've said it before, but no harm in saying it again: great mod, thanks for your work on it :)

No, it should already check whether you have a room, and that dialogue has higher priority than the gold check. It's possible Become a Bard is doing something funny when it gives you a room that doesn't set the actor value that the normal rent room script does. I'll look into it.

Thanks for the bug report, and the compliment!

1 hour ago, Anunya said:

I just checked with Become a Bard, and I couldn't reproduce the problem. I made sure I had absolutely 0 gold before I asked him if I could work in the inn, and he said "Since you've already rented the room, you can just get right to work."

There are two conditions on that line of dialogue:

• The speaker must be in JobRentRoomFaction
  • The speaker's actor value variable09 must be 1, which it will be for room renters if you rent a room from them.

So there are two possibilities. One is the speaker is in JobInnkeeperFaction but not JobRentRoomFaction, which can happen I think in The Sleeping Giant Inn before Delphine leaves or with wenches added by Immersive Wenches. You could check that by selecting the speaker and using these console commands:

getinfaction 5091b
getinfaction 9cc97

The first checks JobInnkeeperFaction and the other checks JobRentRoomFaction.

The other possibility is that the variable09 isn't being set properly on the room renter, which you could check by selecting them after getting the room and entering:

getav variable09

If that is 0, then the value wasn't set correctly to say that the room has been rented from that person.

If you are in The Sleeping Giant Inn then there might be a bug I need to fix with Orgnar. If not, it might be an issue with another mod in your setup.

3 hours ago, Anunya said:

I was in the Sleeping Giant Inn, so that may well be the issue.

I was able to make it happen with Orgnar. Doesn't matter if you get the room from a mod. If you rent the room from Delphine and then ask him if you can work, he won't say the line about you already renting the room.

Hi.

I am new playing Skyrim but i have 2 years with Fallout 4. I know is not the same. I look at this mod and i think what interesting. But i cannot see sex animations. I have message "Warning. Sex scene failed to start. Skipping".

Perhaps i need some animation pack?

Greetings.

4 hours ago, Hober9 said:

Hi.

I am new playing Skyrim but i have 2 years with Fallout 4. I know is not the same. I look at this mod and i think what interesting. But i cannot see sex animations. I have message "Warning. Sex scene failed to start. Skipping".

Perhaps i need some animation pack?

Greetings.

That message means SexLab reported the animation failed. If it's happening for everything the most likely reason is that SexLab hasn't started up correctly.

If you look in the console you should also see a reason why the scene didn't start. This will also be in the SexLab logs if you have Papyrus logging turned on.

Are you able to get SexLab animations to start with the Debug spells from SexLab? If not, you may need to pay a visit to the SexLab support thread and make sure everything is set up correctly for you.

If animations are working for you with SexLab alone or with other SexLab mods I will need to know what the logs are saying to know why the animations won't start for you.

Edited by ruddycray
Typo
On 12/7/2021 at 3:54 PM, ruddycray said:

That message means SexLab reported the animation failed. If it's happening for everything the most likely reason is that SexLab hasn't started up correctly.

If you look in the console you should also see a reason why the scene didn't start. This will also be in the SexLab logs if you have Papyrus logging turned on.

Are you able to get SexLab animations to start with the Debug spells from SexLab? If not, you may need to pay a visit to the SexLab support thread and make sure everything is set up correctly for you.

If animations are working for you with SexLab alone or with other SexLab mods I will need to know what the logs are saying to know why the animations won't start for you.

Thank you for your answer. First i was lost looking console messages and try find log papyrus. Then i think all is install some animation pack and connect to sexlab. I am testing ZAZ. I have animations. Is good for start, now perhaps some configuration.

Greetings.

On 9/27/2021 at 6:21 AM, ruddycray said:

If you want to do it the right way, then it will happen when you enter a brothel at the point when you also unlock all the other special Dibella's Garden jobs - 1,000 gold lifetime earnings. Each time you do it, it will be available again 3 game days later.

If the NPCs in the quest don't leave the brothel on their own, you will need to leave the brothel to trigger the 3 day countdown. I plan to fix it later so that they'll just always leave when the job is done, but for now that's the way it is.

First and second time i have this quest i go next to bed where quest pointer is but quest not continue. At third time i go down the ladder and up again and all continue well.

1 hour ago, Hober9 said:

First and second time i have this quest i go next to bed where quest pointer is but quest not continue. At third time i go down the ladder and up again and all continue well.

The quest advances when the young man gets near the bed. Did you wait for him to get to you or are you saying he was near the bed with you and it still didn't do anything?