Talking on Benjen, I don't know which are your next plans but I have some suggestions.

First: it feels strange that a supposed rich man (who is in the wealthier family of Riften, btw) stays outside in a dirty alley no matter which weather there is.

And, of course, I feel really sad seeing those two naked girls under a heavy snowstorm or rainstorm.

So, I think it should be mandatory to give them a warm place to stay. It matches better, also, the roleplay about a Pimp and his girls.

In fact, an extension for his line could be (as he himself states at the beginning) that he finds also "generic" clients for the Player and a place where the action runs is a good choice.

Second: considering the "bad side" for working for Benjen, it could be nice that Simple Slavery ++ (soft dependency) can have an outcome on him. At least until you will (or IF you will) find a way to get rid of him for good after the Player understand the wrong choice to have joined him.

1 hour ago, NicoleDragoness said:

Talking on Benjen, I don't know which are your next plans but I have some suggestions.

First: it feels strange that a supposed rich man (who is in the wealthier family of Riften, btw) stays outside in a dirty alley no matter which weather there is.

And, of course, I feel really sad seeing those two naked girls under a heavy snowstorm or rainstorm.

So, I think it should be mandatory to give them a warm place to stay. It matches better, also, the roleplay about a Pimp and his girls.

In fact, an extension for his line could be (as he himself states at the beginning) that he finds also "generic" clients for the Player and a place where the action runs is a good choice.

Second: considering the "bad side" for working for Benjen, it could be nice that Simple Slavery ++ (soft dependency) can have an outcome on him. At least until you will (or IF you will) find a way to get rid of him for good after the Player understand the wrong choice to have joined him.

I'm thinking about some things for what to do with him. I haven't yet decided whether he will have a brothel of his own or what, though I am leaning in that direction.

You aren't the first to suggest a Simple Slavery integration. Someone else suggested the same in June. I have it in my list of things to look into.

Edit: However, part of the Dibella's Garden quest line will rely on the idea that slavery is decidedly illegal, so I don't know for sure whether an integration makes sense. I haven't used Simple Slavery in a long time so I don't remember its details.

Edited by ruddycray
1 hour ago, Highborn said:

Maybe you can make it optional for those who have Simple Slavery. Particularly I'm not inclined to add that mod as a requirement. 

No, it definitely won't be a hard requirement. I think Simple Slavery is a pluggable system where you can use it if it's there and just ignore it if it's not. I've never actually tried to hook anything into it from the implementation side. When I gave it a try once or twice as a player, I think it just had a way to "know" that certain mods were installed, and I seem to remember it being a soft dependency system.

Edited by ruddycray

Version 0.9 is out.

This is probably the biggest update I've done since releasing the mod in the first place. Very top highlights include:

• Freelance solicitation outside of inns and towns
  • Public sex (optional) and unlicensed prostitution as crimes
  • A new side quest in Markarth surrounding the Stallion Potion
  • 100% implementation of the Vanikseth quest line
  • The ability to become a succubus after completing the Vanikseth quests
  • Fixing various issues I found while playtesting in a real play-through with the mod active

Because of the amount of new things that the freelance solicitation and succubus mechanics in particular add, the potential for bugs in this release is much, much higher than usual, so please report anything odd if you see it.

Two major known issues with the succubus mechanic:

1. If you use the Succubus Deadly Seduce power on an NPC and another NPC attacks you before the scene starts, you and your intended victim may just stand there without animating. This seems to be an issue with SexLab when you tell it to end an animation before it starts, unless there's a correct way to do that I'm not aware of. I'm also using an older version at the moment, so it may have been fixed in Beta 9.
  2. Far-off enemies sometimes seem to have a magical ability to find you when you are having sex and will annoyingly interrupt scenes. It's not likely something I can fix, and once I got a feel for it, I found it actually balanced the succubus power out a bit.
Edited by ruddycray
Added known succubus issues

I missed a couple of things in my release notes:

• Followers can't follow you into the room when you do training with Fasta anymore
  • There are some new brothel customer NPCs added so that there's a lower chance of the brothel being entirely filled with wrinkly old men
  • There is now a chance that Tlatha, Siarra, and Calia will be entertaining a client when you enter the inns where they work
Edited by ruddycray

Is 0.9 still potentially working in LE 32bit environment if I extract everything from the bsa and then delete it?

EDIT:

Just a note: I didn't yet started any of the DG quests even if I already finished all the Vanilla, Dawnguard and Dragonborn (almost) quests.

Can I upgrade anyway without the need of a new game?

Edited by NicoleDragoness
18 hours ago, ruddycray said:

However, part of the Dibella's Garden quest line will rely on the idea that slavery is decidedly illegal, so I don't know for sure whether an integration makes sense.

Yes but Benjen is NOT associated with the Dibella's Garden, right?

He could make use of females slaves taken from the market that is, btw, just in Riften.

Anyway, SS++ is not a hard dependency. The mod gives only a "hook" for other slavery (or not slavery) mods.

4 hours ago, NicoleDragoness said:

Is 0.9 still potentially working in LE 32bit environment if I extract everything from the bsa and then delete it?

EDIT:

Just a note: I didn't yet started any of the DG quests even if I already finished all the Vanilla, Dawnguard and Dragonborn (almost) quests.

Can I upgrade anyway without the need of a new game?

I haven't used any SE-specific stuff in scripts as far as I know, so if it's worked for you before there's a chance that it still will. As always, I'm not officially supporting LE, so all I can suggest is give it a go and see how it works for you. Maybe back up your Skyrim directory before you do so that you can roll back if it doesn't work.

As for upgrading mid-game, you might be able to get away with it, because I think I tried to avoid doing the things that usually break quests, but I haven't tested out upgrading. It's often behind-the-scenes quests that cause that not to be workable more than the quests you see.

4 hours ago, NicoleDragoness said:

Yes but Benjen is NOT associated with the Dibella's Garden, right?

He could make use of females slaves taken from the market that is, btw, just in Riften.

Anyway, SS++ is not a hard dependency. The mod gives only a "hook" for other slavery (or not slavery) mods.

Yes, but the direction I'm probably going is that the Black-Briars are skirting the law and doing something that's slavery in all but name, and fighting that will be part of how Dibella's Garden will work its way back into Riften. If slavery is out-and-out legal, it doesn't fit well with that idea.

I'm definitely not ruling out Simple Slavery integration. I still have it on my list of things to look into. I'm just mentioning a possible problem with the idea.

2 minutes ago, sickomusiclovers said:

any way to make a quest where benjan makes you his personal companian like the other two chicks

Not right now. It's hard to make something like that be interesting for very long, but some other players have asked the same thing, so it's something I'll give some thought eventually.

5 hours ago, NicoleDragoness said:

If you use cathedral assets optimizer you can extract the SE BSA and repack as a LE BSA and it works, no need to deal with loose files (make sure you let it also optimize the extracted textures and meshes before repacking as well to ensure LE can load them) (its what I do to get this mod to work with LE).

(Just leave the cathedral assets optimizer game setting as TES5, no need to swap back and forth between SSE and TES5 for unpacking, repacking or optimizing, it'll take care of it all by itself by leaving it as TES5 ensures the files/bsa will be LE format compatible)

--Oh also just to mention it, you may also need to make wait a few hours (12 or so), save and reload that save to ensure all dialogue and quests load up properly.

Edited by Lilzt3hcat
More information

Bug report

Spoiler

ScreenShot31611.jpg

Vanikseth 'dies' to do the soul transfer so it seems you autofail the quest if you leave the workshop afterwards (says you 'killed him' which, I mean it's not wrong, per-se lol) and even using resurrect on Vanikseth does not prevent this.

Damn it, why do these things keep happening to me >_<

Edited by Lilzt3hcat
5 minutes ago, Lilzt3hcat said:

Bug report

Hide contents

ScreenShot31611.jpg

Vanikseth 'dies' to do the soul transfer so it seems you autofail the quest if you leave the workshop afterwards (says you 'killed him' which, I mean it's not wrong, per-se lol) and even using resurrect on Vanikseth does not prevent this.

Damn it, why do these things keep happening to me >_<

That's actually intentional lol. Don't leave the workroom until the transfer is completed.

Edited by ruddycray
19 minutes ago, ruddycray said:

That's actually intentional lol. Don't leave the workroom until the transfer is completed.

Spoiler

I have no clue what I'm doing wrong then. Because they're telling me to leave and meet them 24/hrs later yet the instant I leave even if I wait in the workshop for 24hrs, the quest fails.

ScreenShot31613.jpg

Did I just once again break the quest and that's the issue?

Edited by Lilzt3hcat
17 minutes ago, Lilzt3hcat said:
  Hide contents

I have no clue what I'm doing wrong then. Because they're telling me to leave and meet them 24/hrs later yet the instant I leave even if I wait in the workshop for 24hrs, the quest fails.

ScreenShot31613.jpg

Oh OK. I misunderstood. No it shouldn't happen at that point in the quest. I'll have to look into it.

I did the job that @Lilzt3hcat suggested and it seems to work for now ...

BUT ...

I forgot I already did the "Restoring Faith" quest and the vanilla "Heart Of Dibella" too (the only one quest related to Dibella's Garden) but not the license because, as I said before, I not started yet the effective work with Dibella's Garden.

So Sassa disappeared from the Temple, from the Inn, from Markarth. Entirely.

Please, I need her RefID to try to summon her at the Temple.

8 minutes ago, NicoleDragoness said:

I did the job that @Lilzt3hcat suggested and it seems to work for now ...

BUT ...

I forgot I already did the "Restoring Faith" quest and the vanilla "Heart Of Dibella" too (the only one quest related to Dibella's Garden) but not the license because, as I said before, I not started yet the effective work with Dibella's Garden.

So Sassa disappeared from the Temple, from the Inn, from Markarth. Entirely.

Please, I need her RefID to try to summon her at the Temple.

She xx177B9C. If you've already completed Restoring Faith, though, it shouldn't much matter if Sassa is there. Senna should give you what you need.

Hmm, I have this mod and Sisterhood of Dibella on without reading the compatibility section first :P Although they seems to work fine together? But then again I'm not really sure which storyline are from which mod, my Sybil got yeeted to the other plane of existence by a couple of Sanguine Agents lol

3 hours ago, Lilzt3hcat said:
  Reveal hidden contents

ScreenShot31613.jpg

It would be helpful if you could tell me a couple of things:

1. If you run the console command sqv TAPQVanikseth04 BEFORE you leave the workroom, what stage does it say?
  2. What exactly does the journal entry say when the quest fails?
6 minutes ago, ecobotstar said:

Hmm, I have this mod and Sisterhood of Dibella on without reading the compatibility section first :P Although they seems to work fine together? But then again I'm not really sure which storyline are from which mod, my Sybil got yeeted to the other plane of existence by a couple of Sanguine Agents lol

At the moment, it might not be that big a deal. The biggest incompatibility right now is that Fjotra in the Sisterhood of Dibella has been converted to an adult, but in this mod she is still a child and is simply sent away to commune with Dibella.

But as I add more content surrounding the temple, the story lines in them won't fit together at all, I think, and there may be clashing edits to the temple itself.

Edited by ruddycray
5 minutes ago, ruddycray said:

At the moment, it might not be that big a deal. The biggest incompatibility right now is that Fjotra in the Sisterhood of Dibella has been converted to an adult, but in this mod she is still a child and is simply sent away to commune with Dibella.

But as I add more content surrounding the temple, the story lines in them won't fit together at all, I think, and there may be clashing edits to the temple itself.

I see! Can't wait to see what you're cooking up. By the way, is it safe to assumed that I need a clean save for 0.9?

Edit : wait a sec, so Fjotra was send away by this mod? Is she gonna come back at some point?

Edited by ecobotstar
3 minutes ago, ecobotstar said:

I see! Can't wait to see what you're cooking up. By the way, is it safe to assumed that I need a clean save for 0.9?

Most likely. There was so much stuff added for 0.9 that it's certainly safer. I don't specifically remember making edits that would make upgrades mid-game impossible, but I may also just be forgetting something.

You could always try it, but some stuff might not work correctly, and I couldn't tell you what to look for exactly. I am going to try to reduce the number of breaking edits I make in future versions, but it's difficult to promise that for certain.