People have strong feelings about the subject. That's why I included the up front warning. I have not taken offense to the concern. I do believe it's unfounded, but I have also stated what it contains and what I intend it to contain further. If that's disagreeable, that's fair enough. Fair warning has been given.

2 hours ago, Highborn said:

Chill out. There is no "promotion" of rape in this mod. If I were the author I'd be actually offended that you would imply such a thing. This is probably one of the least "hardcore" prostitution mods you'll find here. 

Ummm... after all the other rape and slavery mods that exist here which emphasize such things for people to get off on?  I beg to differ.  Such promotion already exists.  As implied in my post, I wasn't making the assumption but that possibility is real.  And no.  I won't "chill out" when it comes to this topic.  And thank you ruddycray for being honest.

Edited by shebop

I am on version 0.7 of the Ancient Profession and I have run into a slight problem with the Necrophilic Necromancy quest. I have followed Vanikseth back to his cave/workshop but when he attempts to cast his spell on me he misses. Is there a quest ID for this quest so I can query the stages or is their another work around available?

1 hour ago, mikey7979 said:

I am on version 0.7 of the Ancient Profession and I have run into a slight problem with the Necrophilic Necromancy quest. I have followed Vanikseth back to his cave/workshop but when he attempts to cast his spell on me he misses. Is there a quest ID for this quest so I can query the stages or is their another work around available?

Are you moving around? His aim isn't that good :)

You can advance the quest if it's stuck with

setstage tapqwinterholdextra 60

Edit: to be serious, I do have a bug "TAPQWinterholdExtra can't be completed if Vanikseth misses his spells" but for the moment it is important to stand still. If he's missing even so then you can use the console command above.

Edited by ruddycray
1 hour ago, ruddycray said:

Are you moving around? His aim isn't that good :)

You can advance the quest if it's stuck with

setstage tapqwinterholdextra 60

Edit: to be serious, I do have a bug "TAPQWinterholdExtra can't be completed if Vanikseth misses his spells" but for the moment it is important to stand still. If he's missing even so then you can use the console command above.

Nope, I am not moving around at all. I will try the setstage command that you referenced.

Thank you for your quick reply.

Added this mod on a whim, and so far I'm enjoying it. It's nice and light, and much more respectful that a lot of the other prostitution mods out there. 

Right now, I'm just out collecting licenses as I do my dragonborn thing, but I'm stuck in Morthal. 

Spoiler

I am supposed to lay with the Argonian, but every time I try, the spell fails. Then I have to wait another 24 hours to try again. 

Every time, both actors show up at the same time. It's never just her or him, and they start copulating pretty much right as they spawn. 

I'm at my wit's end. I've been in Morthal for a week now and Karna is starting to get impatient. 

Thanks for any help :)

1 hour ago, cheeze_whiz said:

Added this mod on a whim, and so far I'm enjoying it. It's nice and light, and much more respectful that a lot of the other prostitution mods out there. 

Glad you're enjoying it so far! 

Right now, I'm just out collecting licenses as I do my dragonborn thing, but I'm stuck in Morthal. 

Hide contents

I am supposed to lay with the Argonian, but every time I try, the spell fails. Then I have to wait another 24 hours to try again. 

Every time, both actors show up at the same time. It's never just her or him, and they start copulating pretty much right as they spawn. 

I'm at my wit's end. I've been in Morthal for a week now and Karna is starting to get impatient. 

Thanks for any help :)

They're supposed to do that. Wait until they finish, and then cast the spell.

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Samson Nite said:

In the Morthal license quest, PC cannot lure Argonian male even with Scroll checked. Why the ghost does not fuck PC with scroll?

I followed the post instruction.

The female ghost must be in the marsh, you must be fairly near her, and they must not be having sex. They will immediately have sex as soon as they appear every night, so you must wait for them to finish. If she disappears before you cast the spell, it won't work.

If you've checked all that and it's still not working, there may be a message in the console saying why the Argonian isn't a valid animation target. That message would also appear in your SexLab logs if you have Papyrus logging enabled.

1 hour ago, Samson Nite said:

Didn't you know that there is only scroll to summon Argonian ghost, and there is no spell available to get Argonian ghost to fuck?

I found that from SSEdit. So, what should I do ?

I'm not sure what you're getting at. Use the scroll to cast the spell like any other spell scroll. Just do it the way I described.

1 hour ago, Samson Nite said:

I am in level 8, female PC, I checked scroll in my item list, I pushed z button, which is my spell button, nothing happened !

What have I done wrong?

Did you remap the button? If you are using the shouts / powers button, that's not how you cast the scroll. It's cast like a normal spell.

It shouldn't be the case that nothing happens at all when you use it. If you still have the scroll in your inventory after trying to use it, then you didn't cast the spell. It gets used up when you do. If it fails, you should receive a message saying that it failed and telling you to ask Falion for another one.

55 minutes ago, Samson Nite said:

My z button is for shouting and fire and racemenu alternative and others. Other tahn that E button is action and mouse L/R for dynamic action.

What button is for spell ? What button are you using in your case, if I may ask ?

It's whatever button you use for spells or weapons equipped in your left or right hand. It sounds like you have a default button configuration so it should be mouse L/R.

It may be a concentration spell so you might have to hold the button down for a few seconds first. I don't remember right off.

It is the same as any other spell scroll though. Nothing custom about the controls.

45 minutes ago, Samson Nite said:

Yes, I pushed L/R mouse button and worked !

No my PC went to Windhelm. Is there any way that PC can get license without being Stormclock soldier or Imperial?

Great, glad it worked :)

You are not required to take a side in the Civil War to get a license in Windhelm. The quest will take very different paths depending on that, though.

Spoiler
  • If you have not joined a side, you will have to go entertain some Stormcloak soldiers, but you do not have to join the Stormcloaks
  • If you have joined the Stormcloaks, you will have to seduce an Imperial soldier in Riverwood
  • If you have joined the Imperials, you cannot get a license until after the war is over. If you try to do so, you will either have to escape Windhelm with all guards hostile to you or surrender to arrest. If you surrender, your character will be raped by Stormcloak soldiers before you have a chance to escape, and you still won't be able to get the license until Ulfric is dead or - if you haven't yet delivered the Jagged Crown - you have switched sides.

Is there anyway to have certain 'clothes' from being counted as such and breaking quests or not allowing a quest to proceed? I use SMP wigs for my character

Spoiler

and the riften Vampire quest wont proceed because "i'm wearing clothes" - though this one can be gotten around by console unquipping everything and just manually re-equipping (or rather me using the batfile hotkeys mod to reequip) (annoying but not quest breaking)

but the nude party will fail because my 'hair' re-equips. (would rather not from an IC/RP standpoint "have to"  shave my hair off and be bald lmao)

1 hour ago, Lilzt3hcat said:

Is there anyway to have certain 'clothes' from being counted as such and breaking quests or not allowing a quest to proceed? I use SMP wigs for my character

Hide contents

and the riften Vampire quest wont proceed because "i'm wearing clothes" - though this one can be gotten around by console unquipping everything and just manually re-equipping (or rather me using the batfile hotkeys mod to reequip) (annoying but not quest breaking)

but the nude party will fail because my 'hair' re-equips. (would rather not from an IC/RP standpoint "have to"  shave my hair off and be bald lmao)

The quests that check for that are checking for one of the following keywords:

• ArmorBoots
  • ArmorClothing
  • ArmorCuirass
  • ArmorHeavy
  • ArmorLight
  • ClothingBody

It's odd that wigs would be tagged that way, but when I look into that mod I do see that they are craftable, so they might have to be tagged that way for crafting to work.

I could remove some of the keywords from the check (vanilla only checks ArmorCuirass and ClothingBody for nudity), but then you'll be considered "completely nude" even if you're wearing long boots or other clothing items that aren't "body clothes", and I know of at least one mod that fails to tag body clothes properly.

I'll probably have to look into adding exemptions, but unfortunately I can say with certainty that it won't make the cut for 0.9, which I'm trying to wrap up, so it may be a bit before I get to it.

Edit: If I can add it in an ugly console-centric form for 0.9 I might do that, but it definitely won't have an MCM if I can, and I can't promise it at this point.

Edit #2: I took a quick look at what it might take, and it isn't too promising, unfortunately. I don't see an easy way to check for exemptions, so dealing with this will probably take more work than I can put into it before 0.9.

Edited by ruddycray
1 hour ago, ruddycray said:

Edit #2: I took a quick look at what it might take, and it isn't too promising, unfortunately. I don't see an easy way to check for exemptions, so dealing with this will probably take more work than I can put into it before 0.9.

No worries at all, if need be I've kinda found some ways around it with tes5edit, I'm probably going to for my next round of fiddling try having no keywords or armor rating on anything that might be being detected.

---Edit

Actually looks like it might have been some earrings that were marked as heavy armor (Why?! *smh*) ?  (i'll fiddle around/double check more later lol)

Edited by Lilzt3hcat
31 minutes ago, Samson Nite said:

Does Riften Vampire quest belong to Ancient Profession? How can I start that quest?

It's one of the jobs Benjen Black Briar gives to you. I believe it's available once you pay him a certain amount of gold working for him.

Edited by Highborn
2 hours ago, Samson Nite said:

Does Riften Vampire quest belong to Ancient Profession? How can I start that quest?

I believe the Benjen special jobs are unlocked at 1200 lifetime earnings after joining with Benjen. Whether you've paid him doesn't matter.

There's a small chance it might be 800, but I don't think I reduced the amount you need to earn to unlock special jobs when I reduced the quota amount from 1200 to 800.

There should be a dialogue line that's something like "Is there anything I can do to earn money faster?", and he should tell you what you need to do.

There is a cost to that job you may want to know about:

Spoiler

The job involves letting a group of vampires drink your blood, and there's a 3-day health damage effect if you take it. If you take it again before you heal, there's an even bigger 5-day health damage effect. You also have a chance to be infected with the vampire disease any time you take the job.

If you take the job twice at level 1 and get infected with the disease, you may leave the job with less than 10 health available. It's percentage-based, so once your character has more health the damage is greater but doesn't leave you quite so vulnerable.

The benefit is you can earn up to I think 1000 gold on that job alone.

Edited by ruddycray