6 hours ago, Doreeneel said:

I have a question about morthel liecense quest

when I head to the ghost's father, finished talk, and just got stucked there

cant move, can't start new talks, no matter which option i chose, attack or convince

Could you p[lease help?

Try the console command "epc", without the quotes.

It would also be helpful if you could run the command "sqv tapqmorthalghosts" and tell me what stage it says. Anything else you can tell me about exactly what happened leading up to you getting stuck would also be useful - where you were standing in the room, what all the NPCs did, or anything else that might help me try to make that happen.

That never happens for me, but it might be because I haven't tested it just right to make that happen.

1 hour ago, ruddycray said:

Try the console command "epc", without the quotes.

It would also be helpful if you could run the command "sqv tapqmorthalghosts" and tell me what stage it says. Anything else you can tell me about exactly what happened leading up to you getting stuck would also be useful - where you were standing in the room, what all the NPCs did, or anything else that might help me try to make that happen.

That never happens for me, but it might be because I haven't tested it just right to make that happen.

It works, Thank you!

May I have some instruction to start the quest "deliver potion to markath"?

28 minutes ago, Doreeneel said:

It works, Thank you!

May I have some instruction to start the quest "deliver potion to markath"?

The quest in this mod related to the Stallion's Potion requires you to complete the vanilla quest to deliver that potion, which you get by talking to Bothela in The Hag's Cure. You must also have a license in Markarth. After that you can talk to whichever character you delivered the potion to. It will normally be Raerek but could be Reburrus.

The quest will not be available if you have already completed the vanilla delivery quest before installing this mod, because it will no longer be possible for this mod to determine who you actually delivered the potion to.

Edited by ruddycray
15 hours ago, ruddycray said:

The quest in this mod related to the Stallion's Potion requires you to complete the vanilla quest to deliver that potion, which you get by talking to Bothela in The Hag's Cure. You must also have a license in Markarth. After that you can talk to whichever character you delivered the potion to. It will normally be Raerek but could be Reburrus.

The quest will not be available if you have already completed the vanilla delivery quest before installing this mod, because it will no longer be possible for this mod to determine who you actually delivered the potion to.

a big thank you!

it works, looking forward to more quest from updates\

Love the mod so far! But I still think there should be an option/condition to hide "Wanna have a good time with me" dialog. It gets really weird sometime with some people to see that even as a suggestion (like the Daedric prince Peryite for example) but not only that, you also really can't control all the NPC that's been added via mods. For example 3DNPC added a Forsworn Briarheart who supposed to be mute and have no desire, but with this mod you could just invited him and he'd agreed which totally breaks immersion. I know this is just nitpicking tho, but I'd imagine this could be easily enough to compromise into the mod as a toggle-able option.  
I really had a great time with the mod tho so, keep up the good work!

Also : does the stat section in the MCM supposed to works? Because I don't see anything being recorded.

9 hours ago, ecobotstar said:

Love the mod so far! But I still think there should be an option/condition to hide "Wanna have a good time with me" dialog. It gets really weird sometime with some people to see that even as a suggestion (like the Daedric prince Peryite for example) but not only that, you also really can't control all the NPC that's been added via mods. For example 3DNPC added a Forsworn Briarheart who supposed to be mute and have no desire, but with this mod you could just invited him and he'd agreed which totally breaks immersion. I know this is just nitpicking tho, but I'd imagine this could be easily enough to compromise into the mod as a toggle-able option.  
I really had a great time with the mod tho so, keep up the good work!

Also : does the stat section in the MCM supposed to works? Because I don't see anything being recorded.

An MCM option to disable freelance solicitation dialogue is already implemented for the next version. I have also been adjusting when that dialogue is available so that it should no longer show up in situations like talking to Peryite or the Augur. They'll always say no as it is now anyway, but they shouldn't even have the dialogue option in the next version.

Naturally, I can't do much about NPCs added by other mods unless there's some characteristic about them that would universally suggest they should not be able to be solicited.

The stat menu is functional. It will only show something if you work for Benjen or Dibella's Garden, or if you are a succubus.

Glad you're enjoying the mod!

Is there a known reason for Inn Whoring to mess up like this. No matter where I go it says that. Dawnstar, Winterhold, & Whiterun, I had a license in each case and properly asked to rent a room. Confirmed the room was rented by asking to rent it again only to be denied. Yet, it keeps saying this. I even  tried with Bed Use turned on and off.

ScreenShot4.png.134e937b9d0676cc07e6d99e48e81be7.png

12 minutes ago, BitterBlue said:

Is there a known reason for Inn Whoring to mess up like this. No matter where I go it says that. Dawnstar, Winterhold, & Whiterun, I had a license in each case and properly asked to rent a room. Confirmed the room was rented by asking to rent it again only to be denied. Yet, it keeps saying this. I even  tried with Bed Use turned on and off.

ScreenShot4.png.134e937b9d0676cc07e6d99e48e81be7.png

Did you ask the innkeeper if you could work in their inn? Renting a room alone doesn't start inn whoring.

50 minutes ago, ruddycray said:

An MCM option to disable freelance solicitation dialogue is already implemented for the next version. I have also been adjusting when that dialogue is available so that it should no longer show up in situations like talking to Peryite or the Augur. They'll always say no as it is now anyway, but they shouldn't even have the dialogue option in the next version.

Naturally, I can't do much about NPCs added by other mods unless there's some characteristic about them that would universally suggest they should not be able to be solicited.

The stat menu is functional. It will only show something if you work for Benjen or Dibella's Garden, or if you are a succubus.

Glad you're enjoying the mod!

Btw, is there a way to use the MCM menu to make NPCs added by this mod to stop whoring themselves at inns? I like the feature but had some incompatibilities with other mods trying to use the inn bed, like the elf in Dragon Bridge was in the middle of sex with an NPC. Ideally, we could activate the feature again once you don't need the place anymore for a quest.

Edited by Highborn
7 minutes ago, Highborn said:

Btw, is there a way to use the MCM menu to make NPCs added by this mod to stop whoring themselves at inns? I like the feature but had some incompatibilities with other mods trying to use the inn bed, like the elf in Dragon Bridge was in the middle of sex with an NPC. Ideally, we could activate the feature again once you don't need the place anymore for a quest.

Not in 0.9 but I have already implemented an option for the next release.

1 hour ago, ruddycray said:

Did you ask the innkeeper if you could work in their inn? Renting a room alone doesn't start inn whoring.

I asked the innkeeper and confirmed I was recognized as working by asking again. In each case it identified the pc as working in the Inn through dialogue and I could even pay the innkeeper after seeing a few clients but in each instance that message would still pop-up and issue the 100 gold bounty (for each client)

I thought I figured it out. I thought it had something to do with TDF and Immersive Wenches, it probably wasn't good to have them in general.

I've had both in my load for quite a while without much thought since I used the brothels instead of the Inn in previous playthroughs. But, I completely removed both and tested on an existing save and an entirely new game without TDF or IW scripts. The issue persists. 

Never listed my load order before and it's pretty long (though most are just clothes) so I was just hoping there was some mod that was already a known cause of this issue.

27 minutes ago, BitterBlue said:

I asked the innkeeper and confirmed I was recognized as working by asking again. In each case it identified the pc as working in the Inn through dialogue and I could even pay the innkeeper after seeing a few clients but in each instance that message would still pop-up and issue the 100 gold bounty (for each client)

I thought I figured it out. I thought it had something to do with TDF and Immersive Wenches, it probably wasn't good to have them in general.

I've had both in my load for quite a while without much thought since I used the brothels instead of the Inn in previous playthroughs. But, I completely removed both and tested on an existing save and an entirely new game without TDF or IW scripts. The issue persists. 

Never listed my load order before and it's pretty long (though most are just clothes) so I was just hoping there was some mod that was already a known cause of this issue.

There was an issue like that with Immersive Wenches where the vanilla innkeeper would report you if you started the session through one of the wenches, but I fixed that several versions ago. If you are playing without mods that add innkeepers and it still happens with the vanilla innkeeper, it probably isn't that.

It would help if you could run the console command

sqv tapqwhoringcontroller

and press Page Up on your keyboard until you see the two values I've put a red box around in this picture.

Spoiler

image.png.7feb618e7085d2e489c7b04ab9227b95.png

And then also run the console command

sqv tapqinnwhoringsession

And screenshot the stuff like the next picture. It should just be what's already displayed when you run the command. There shouldn't be any need to press Page Up for this one.

Spoiler

image.png.fff16ae43c3b9f9ec01699b5b0ba637e.png

I might be able to figure out what's going on from that, but if that fails I might also need a load order to see if I can figure out if there's an incompatible mod.

55 minutes ago, ruddycray said:

I might be able to figure out what's going on from that, but if that fails I might also need a load order to see if I can figure out if there's an incompatible mod.

ScreenShot6.png.8a03a2c7be9a7618fd03c28602fb860b.pngScreenShot5.png.91acb6e21655f1ce2fe245f111e08af5.png

I always have the most fascinating issues.

They both say None, btw, if it's difficult to read, for InnSession.

It probably is still a mod. I came back after a 2 month break, updated some mods and added a few. I'm still trying to determine if it's the new mods I have that did it. Like AI Overhaul.

I do recall doing Benjen and had no problems with the Riften Inn even though i didn't use the other Inns before my break. So, I can only assume it's a new mod or a change to one of my other mods.

*I think I figured it out but I still need to check. If i'm right, i'm such an idiot because I thought it was disabled the entire time.

Edited by BitterBlue
38 minutes ago, BitterBlue said:

ScreenShot6.png.8a03a2c7be9a7618fd03c28602fb860b.pngScreenShot5.png.91acb6e21655f1ce2fe245f111e08af5.png

I always have the most fascinating issues.

They both say None, btw, if it's difficult to read, for InnSession.

It probably is still a mod. I came back after a 2 month break, updated some mods and added a few. I'm still trying to determine if it's the new mods I have that did it. Like AI Overhaul.

I do recall doing Benjen and had no problems with the Riften Inn even though i didn't use the other Inns before my break. So, I can only assume it's a new mod or a change to one of my other mods.

*I think I figured it out but I still need to check. If i'm right, i'm such an idiot because I thought it was disabled the entire time.

That will definitely make it fail to recognize that you're working in the inn.

Are you saying it's like that on a brand new game? I'm not even sure how that could happen. Something like that normally will only happen if you upgraded mid-game or something.

Edit: Also, just to check are you using 0.9 or an older version?

Edited by ruddycray
46 minutes ago, ruddycray said:

That will definitely make it fail to recognize that you're working in the inn.

Are you saying it's like that on a brand new game? I'm not even sure how that could happen. Something like that normally will only happen if you upgraded mid-game or something.

Edit: Also, just to check are you using 0.9 or an older version?

0.9, both saves having issues were entirely new saves with 0.9. I updated, started a new save then noticed the issue with Inns. 

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be the mod I thought it was even though it directly relates to TAP and was made with an older version. But I started another new save after disabling it and the alias issue persists.

My brain hurts right now so I'm going to take a break from the troubleshooting. Might look at it again in a day or 2, If I don't find the problem, I'll have to do the load order but i'm not entirely sure if I can make a list with Vortex or have to do it manually.

6 minutes ago, BitterBlue said:

0.9, both saves having issues were entirely new saves with 0.9. I updated, started a new save then noticed the issue with Inns. 

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be the mod I thought it was even though it directly relates to TAP and was made with an older version. But I started another new save after disabling it and the alias issue persists.

My brain hurts right now so I'm going to take a break from the troubleshooting. Might look at it again in a day or 2, If I don't find the problem, I'll have to do the load order but i'm not entirely sure if I can make a list with Vortex or have to do it manually.

What do you mean "directly relates to TAP and was made with an older version"? If you've got anything that might be overriding scripts from this mod or anything like that, you will probably want to make sure that all traces of it are removed from your directory and try again.

Load order is actually stored in a text file on your computer. If you open a Windows Explorer window and type in the address bar:

%localappdata%\Skyrim Special Edition

it should take you right to it.

44 minutes ago, ruddycray said:

What do you mean "directly relates to TAP and was made with an older version"? If you've got anything that might be overriding scripts from this mod or anything like that, you will probably want to make sure that all traces of it are removed from your directory and try again.

Load order is actually stored in a text file on your computer. If you open a Windows Explorer window and type in the address bar:

%localappdata%\Skyrim Special Edition

it should take you right to it.

Ohh! Cool, thanks! TIL.

loadorder.txt

In regards to the mod, it was just me messing around in the CK. I made some building edits to the TAP brothels, I didn't touch the NPCs besides assigning some of the whores different beds and setting bed ownership. I'd actually completely forgot about it being in my mod list.  But, I didn't touch the Innkeepers at all and I did completely remove it but the issue was still there in a brand new game.

Knowing me, it's something really stupid causing this issue.

2 hours ago, ruddycray said:

Lo and behold it was indeed something really stupid and I've wasted your time. I decided to look at all my old mods from messing around in the CK, most of them had nothing to do with TAP so I didn't think of them at first. But, I also have a tendency to experiment with different mods on a whim and they were all sitting Disabled in my mods. Removed them and a new game properly fills in the alias. Looked through my old mods and another one had an older version of TAP as a master so...........

I think i'll enact some new rules for messing around in CK because of this mishap. Like, taking out my personal mods before starting a game, if they haven't been properly cleaned.

*Oh, and thank you for all this undeserved attention.

Edited by BitterBlue
4 hours ago, BitterBlue said:

Ohh! Cool, thanks! TIL.

loadorder.txt 5.73 kB · 0 downloads

In regards to the mod, it was just me messing around in the CK. I made some building edits to the TAP brothels, I didn't touch the NPCs besides assigning some of the whores different beds and setting bed ownership. I'd actually completely forgot about it being in my mod list.  But, I didn't touch the Innkeepers at all and I did completely remove it but the issue was still there in a brand new game.

Knowing me, it's something really stupid causing this issue.

That is a pretty large mod list. Anything you could do to narrow down what I might need to look at would make it more likely we can pinpoint your problem.

Editing the brothels or even the NPCs should be fairly safe - obviously, it depends on exactly what you're doing to them. I'm especially thinking of anything that might have touched the quests or their scripts.

It is extremely odd that those two properties are None for you at the beginning of the game. To be honest, I don't think that's something that would happen from a simple mod conflict. Mods don't mess with each other in that way, unless maybe they are touching the same records.

That's why I'm saying make sure all traces of your edits are gone from your directory, not just the ESP file but if you have any PSC or PEX files that you edited from this mod, those also have to go. I'm specifically wondering if you have a file in your Skyrim directory at Data\Scripts\TAPQWhoringControllerScript.pex that is overriding the one from my BSA file or something. Those two properties that are None are something I added in March to fix the issue with Immersive Wenches compatibility, so if you were playing around with edits before then it's possible you have some old stuff lying around.

Edited by ruddycray
13 minutes ago, ruddycray said:

I don't know anything about the pex files but you're right about the conflicting esp being based on a very old version of TAP, I haven't really looked at why it has TAP as a master but it probably has old scripts . The building edit mod I made was fine after removing that old esp but I re-saved it with the new version of TAP just to be sure.

4 minutes ago, BitterBlue said:

I don't know anything about the pex files but you're right about the conflicting esp being based on a very old version of TAP, I haven't really looked at why it has TAP as a master but it probably has old scripts . The building edit mod I made was fine after removing that old esp but I re-saved it with the new version of TAP just to be sure.

Basically if you have anything in your Data/Scripts directory that starts with TAP then it probably shouldn't be there. Make a backup of it if you want, but if it's there, remove it and see if the problem goes away. All of the PEX files for this mod are in the BSA, so there won't be any loose ones in the directory unless from another mod, including your own edits.

14 minutes ago, ruddycray said:

Basically if you have anything in your Data/Scripts directory that starts with TAP then it probably shouldn't be there. Make a backup of it if you want, but if it's there, remove it and see if the problem goes away. All of the PEX files for this mod are in the BSA, so there won't be any loose ones in the directory unless from another mod, including your own edits.

The Inn Whoring issue completely went away when I removed that old ESP but I will check the scripts directory to make sure there aren't any TAP scripts.

2 hours ago, BitterBlue said:

The Inn Whoring issue completely went away when I removed that old ESP but I will check the scripts directory to make sure there aren't any TAP scripts.

Oh I missed that you had gotten to the bottom of it already!

Well it's still a good idea to make sure any vestiges of the old stuff are cleaned up just in case there are any other lingering problems.

If that old ESP is something you wanted to keep, you might be able to forward the latest changes from this mod in SSEEdit, but naturally that's at your own risk.

Glad you were able to find the culprit.