55 minutes ago, ruddycray said:

It would be helpful if you could tell me a couple of things:

1. If you run the console command sqv TAPQVanikseth04 BEFORE you leave the workroom, what stage does it say?
  2. What exactly does the journal entry say when the quest fails?

Stage is 1000

current active objective is 'wait a day before meeting vanika at the frozen hearth'

journal's active text is

Spoiler

ScreenShot31622.jpg.c243ec05e25abb32843b8fdd09bd2295.jpg

BTW, maybe I found a little issue. Or two ...

As stated, I never started the "Brothel initiation" nor I brought any license. So officially I should not be a whore and, in fact, for no one NPC I have the dialogue to offer service.

Then, I was in the Silver-Blood Inn and (coming from another random sex mod I have), one of the patrons had sex with me just in the middle of the Inn (the "ask for bed" option from SexLab didn't run). At this point ... I saw the message: "You have been reported to have public sex".  What?!?

And the guards outside have the infamous dialogue "Wait, I know you ... " but then nothing happens. Never.

So, btw, I lost the new dialogues with the guards added by the mod "More To Say".

The second issue, or simply strange thing considering the above is that using a furniture (I have SexLab Utility Plus installed) there is ANY report for crime.

Like a furniture is considered by TAP as a "Inn's bed". Could it be?

13 minutes ago, NicoleDragoness said:

BTW, maybe I found a little issue. Or two ...

As stated, I never started the "Brothel initiation" nor I brought any license. So officially I should not be a whore and, in fact, for no one NPC I have the dialogue to offer service.

Then, I was in the Silver-Blood Inn and (coming from another random sex mod I have), one of the patrons had sex with me just in the middle of the Inn (the "ask for bed" option from SexLab didn't run). At this point ... I saw the message: "You have been reported to have public sex".  What?!?

And the guards outside have the infamous dialogue "Wait, I know you ... " but then nothing happens. Never.

So, btw, I lost the new dialogues with the guards added by the mod "More To Say".

The second issue, or simply strange thing considering the above is that using a furniture (I have SexLab Utility Plus installed) there is ANY report for crime.

Like a furniture is considered by TAP as a "Inn's bed". Could it be?

Public sex enforcement doesn't care whether you're a whore. If you have mods where people will just randomly come up and have sex with you wherever, it will probably be incompatible with the public sex mechanics in TAP (unless you want to be reported for public sex when that happens), and you may be better off turning off the option for TAP to enforce "no public sex".

I didn't add any guard dialogue, so it's unlikely that TAP is interfering with that.

Beds are anything in the list of things that SexLab considers beds, so general furniture should not be considered a bed unless some other mod has added it to that list. In an inn, it's based on the room renter. They have the inn's bed connected to them, and TAP reads that to determine whether you are near the rented bed. 

Edit: I couldn't find SexLab Utility Plus when I just searched for it on loverslab. I'm not familiar with the mod.

Edited by ruddycray
1 hour ago, ruddycray said:

I didn't add any guard dialogue, so it's unlikely that TAP is interfering with that.

And THIS could be the problem. The TAP crime report adds a little bounty and this makes the guards to have the dialogue "Wait, I know you ... ".

But then there is no more dialogue because this bounty isn't probably recognized as the vanilla ones and the guards will be stuck on that dialogue. Forever.

Luckily, I have a BAT file to auto pay crimes/bounty in every hold so I "unlocked" the guards, but for other users could be a problem.

Expecially if they have, like me, some mods that add more immersive dialogues to the guards themselves, like Infos on the nearest Inn, Blacksmith, Vendor, or who is in charge in that city, how they feel about their post and so on. Something nice and immersive that the "Wait, I know you ... " hides forever.

About the mod I use for random sex based on arousal level, it is toggleable on/off. So I can use it when and where I want.

53 minutes ago, NicoleDragoness said:

And THIS could be the problem. The TAP crime report adds a little bounty and this makes the guards to have the dialogue "Wait, I know you ... ".

But then there is no more dialogue because this bounty isn't probably recognized as the vanilla ones and the guards will be stuck on that dialogue. Forever.

Luckily, I have a BAT file to auto pay crimes/bounty in every hold so I "unlocked" the guards, but for other users could be a problem.

Expecially if they have, like me, some mods that add more immersive dialogues to the guards themselves, like Infos on the nearest Inn, Blacksmith, Vendor, or who is in charge in that city, how they feel about their post and so on. Something nice and immersive that the "Wait, I know you ... " hides forever.

About the mod I use for random sex based on arousal level, it is toggleable on/off. So I can use it when and where I want.

I use the ModCrimeGold function on the Faction script, so I'm not using any special method for tracking crime. It will be recorded as non-violent crime.

The bounties work fine for me, including with the "Wait, I know you..." intro, so I don't think I'm doing anything unusual.

The infinite "Wait I know you" is fixed by the unofficial patch, so you might have something overwriting its fixes. 

Edit: Actually, the bug is only fixed in the SE version of the unofficial patch, it looks like. It's caused by having a bounty over 100 and being female, because the dialogue for the next line checks for PC male and doesn't have an equivalent for female.

Edited by ruddycray
8 hours ago, ruddycray said:

If you return to the workroom...

Hide contents

Is Vanika dead?

That journal entry is for stage 2000 which should only be set if she dies. It shouldn't have anything to do with the Vanikseth NPC.

Spoiler

They're def alive before I leave and then, yeah... seems if I return they're very dead. ☹️

I can actually cheese around the issue by making them (Vanika) essential> ( I thought it was their old body dying that was causing the issue and dident even try to make the new body essential when I mentioned it earlier)

ScreenShot31628.jpg.b656aada10458da5d66c69bab6f3217f.jpg

No autofail for leaving if *Vanika* is essentialized.

little side note: I don't think Ive ever seen the subject at hand in the quest used in any other mod or game like this before, I def thought that was quite interesting/fun.

Edited by Lilzt3hcat

The Stallion quest in Markarth was pretty good.

It was really funny to see Raerek with 3 prostitutes when I came back to the room. Wasn't expecting that. lol

I'm having some trouble triggering the rest of Vanikseth quests after the first encounter, but it's probably a problem on my end. The courier in my game has been known for not delivering letters. I should check provincial courier mod to see if there is an incompatibility.

2 hours ago, Lilzt3hcat said:
  Reveal hidden contents

They're def alive before I leave and then, yeah... seems if I return they're very dead. ☹️

I can actually cheese around the issue by making them (Vanika) essential> ( I thought it was their old body dying that was causing the issue and dident even try to make the new body essential when I mentioned it earlier)

ScreenShot31628.jpg.b656aada10458da5d66c69bab6f3217f.jpg

No autofail for leaving if *Vanika* is essentialized.

little side note: I don't think Ive ever seen the subject at hand in the quest used in any other mod or game like this before, I def thought that was quite interesting/fun.

Any idea what's killing her? That definitely shouldn't happen for no reason just by leaving the room, so if there's no obvious cause of death I'll need to make sure there's not a scripted death happening at the wrong time or something.

Spoiler

I'm glad you found the quests interesting. There actually is a quest that is of a similar theme in the Interesting NPCs mod, though I didn't know that until recently, and this was always where the Vanikseth quests were leading. And of course that one doesn't have SexLab stuff, just kind of out of place Latin or Latin-sounding stuff.

Edited by ruddycray
1 hour ago, Highborn said:

The Stallion quest in Markarth was pretty good.

Reveal hidden contents

It was really funny to see Raerek with 3 prostitutes when I came back to the room. Wasn't expecting that. lol

I'm having some trouble triggering the rest of Vanikseth quests after the first encounter, but it's probably a problem on my end. The courier in my game has been known for not delivering letters. I should check provincial courier mod to see if there is an incompatibility.

Hmm well the quest IDs are TAPQVanikseth02, 03, and 04 and you could technically trigger them all by setting the stages to 200 at the appropriate time.

If you do discover an incompatibility that would be good to know, of course.

Glad you enjoyed the Markarth quest!

16 hours ago, ecobotstar said:

I see! Can't wait to see what you're cooking up. By the way, is it safe to assumed that I need a clean save for 0.9?

Edit : wait a sec, so Fjotra was send away by this mod? Is she gonna come back at some point?

Didn't see your edit before. Regarding Fjotra...

Spoiler

Most likely yes, she will return in some form. But with the themes, even in vanilla, having a child hanging around the temple just makes everything awkward. It was a weird decision on Bethesda's part, to be honest.

Edit: But this mod didn't do the Sanguine Agents thing you mentioned. That's pretty certainly Sisterhood of Dibella.

Edited by ruddycray
39 minutes ago, ruddycray said:

Any idea what's killing her? That definitely shouldn't happen for no reason just by leaving the room, so if there's no obvious cause of death I'll need to make sure there's not a scripted death happening at the wrong time or something.

Spoiler

Only thing I can think of is maybe some weird interaction with how resurrections work? there is vanilla quests where reviving the npc still counts as they are "dead" and hence breaks or fails. Theres also weirdness with quests involving 'kill X npcs" where reviving can break or count twice, think it was the mod midwood isle (might be beyond reach?) that warns you to never use necromancy powers on the battle areas or it could break the quest.

Maybe because they dont follow you out and were resurrected by you via spell at onepoint it counts as if the connection is broken and the npc 're-dies'?
I know in plain vanila resurrected npcs will sometimes just auto re-die or turn to dust if I leave the cell, leaving a pile of ash or bodies (very awkward lol) at an inn or wtv

if you can have them be essential atleast until after you leave the workshop that'd probably be the easiest/quick dirty fix ?

Edited by Lilzt3hcat
22 minutes ago, Lilzt3hcat said:
  Hide contents

Only thing I can think of is maybe some weird interaction with how resurrections work? there is vanilla quests where reviving the npc still counts as they are "dead" and hence breaks or fails. Theres also weirdness with quests involving 'kill X npcs" where reviving can break or count twice, think it was the mod midwood isle (might be beyond reach?) that warns you to never use necromancy powers on the battle areas or it could break the quest.

Maybe because they dont follow you out and were resurrected by you via spell at onepoint it counts as if the connection is broken and the npc 're-dies'?
I know in plain vanila resurrected npcs will sometimes just auto re-die or turn to dust if I leave the cell, leaving a pile of ash or bodies (very awkward lol) at an inn or wtv

if you can have them be essential atleast until after you leave the workshop that'd probably be the easiest/quick dirty fix ?

Interesting...

Spoiler

In my testing there's no OnDeath script event for necromancy resurrected NPCs. I actually had to hack around that fact with a timer based check.

It's possible this is a difference between LE and SE. I'll have to see if I can easily reproduce the issue on LE.

Setting her essential after resurrection wouldn't be the worst thing. I usually like to keep player options open unless accounting for all of the possibilities just becomes too complicated, but the ability to kill her isn't extremely important to the quest.

Edit: The quest failure is from an OnDeath event that does occur once she is properly resurrected. The way it works is she is necromancy resurrected, script killed to get rid of that effect (I could find no other way to dispel it), and then script resurrected, which is different from necromancy reanimation. She shouldn't have the necromancy effect applied anymore but this is where it's possible that LE and SE aren't working exactly the same way.

Edited by ruddycray
4 hours ago, ruddycray said:

Hmm well the quest IDs are TAPQVanikseth02, 03, and 04 and you could technically trigger them all by setting the stages to 200 at the appropriate time.

If you do discover an incompatibility that would be good to know, of course.

Glad you enjoyed the Markarth quest!

So, I started to travel here and there and managed to get the letter from Vanikseth eventually. So there is no compatibility. Gonna check the rest of the quest later tonight.

4 hours ago, ruddycray said:

Interesting...

Hide contents

my testing there's no OnDeath script event for necromancy resurrected NPCs. I actually had to hack around that fact with a timer based check.

It's possible this is a difference between LE and SE. I'll have to see if I can easily reproduce the issue on LE.

Setting her essential after resurrection wouldn't be the worst thing. I usually like to keep player options open unless accounting for all of the possibilities just becomes too complicated, but the ability to kill her isn't extremely important to the quest.

Edit: The quest failure is from an OnDeath event that does occur once she is properly resurrected. The way it works is she is necromancy resurrected, script killed to get rid of that effect (I could find no other way to dispel it), and then script resurrected, which is different from necromancy reanimation. She shouldn't have the necromancy effect applied anymore but this is where it's possible that LE and SE aren't working exactly the same way.

Spoiler

Perfectly plausible that I'm just wrong on how necro spells work behind the scenes, just figured i'd mention that other mods have warned about it breaking things. Maybe a npc swap out could get around the issue, just have a bright 'burst of magic' or something hide that they disappear and are replaced? (I know little about scripting for skyrim, so I have no clue if that'd be less desirable or more difficult then doing something else.)

3 minutes ago, Lilzt3hcat said:
  Hide contents

Perfectly plausible that I'm just wrong on how necro spells work behind the scenes, just figured i'd mention that other mods have warned about it breaking things. Maybe a npc swap out could get around the issue, just have a bright 'burst of magic' or something hide that they disappear and are replaced? (I know little about scripting for skyrim, so I have no clue if that'd be less desirable or more difficult then doing something else.)

Not a bad idea. I'm not especially happy with the way those work now with the kill/resurrect system.

16 hours ago, ruddycray said:

It's caused by having a bounty over 100 and being female

I think it's the opposite.

The bounty for being reported is much less than 100 and it leads (in LE) to the infinite loop.

But only with this mod, I must say. I tried to steal an apple (minimal bounty of 5) and I didn't have any infinite loop and everything goes as expected.

In the meanwhile, the bounty for unlicensed work is higher (I set is as max 150) and it leads once again to the "Wait, I know you ... " dialogue but then there are all the next dialogues availables and I can complete the payment (or persuasion, or bribing, or Thieves Guild discount).

About the Stallion Quest:

- Amazing even if it could be better to have different Player's responses on the 3rd and 4th round. Maybe: 3rd ---> Wow! You're a fuck machine! Well, I'm a bit tired but go on.

and: 4th ---> By Divines, I almost exhausted! Well ... ok, once again but no more.

- It could be interesting if the Player could be part of the "prostitutes' chain" while waiting for the cure. Too much difficult to do?

Anyhow, a greato work as always. Thank you.

20 minutes ago, NicoleDragoness said:

I think it's the opposite.

The bounty for being reported is much less than 100 and it leads (in LE) to the infinite loop.

But only with this mod, I must say. I tried to steal an apple (minimal bounty of 5) and I didn't have any infinite loop and everything goes as expected.

In the meanwhile, the bounty for unlicensed work is higher (I set is as max 150) and it leads once again to the "Wait, I know you ... " dialogue but then there are all the next dialogues availables and I can complete the payment (or persuasion, or bribing, or Thieves Guild discount).

About the Stallion Quest:

- Amazing even if it could be better to have different Player's responses on the 3rd and 4th round. Maybe: 3rd ---> Wow! You're a fuck machine! Well, I'm a bit tired but go on.

and: 4th ---> By Divines, I almost exhausted! Well ... ok, once again but no more.

- It could be interesting if the Player could be part of the "prostitutes' chain" while waiting for the cure. Too much difficult to do?

Anyhow, a greato work as always. Thank you.

The bug in question for the dialogue is here: https://afktrack.afkmods.com/index.php?a=issues&i=29789

I'm not sure of any way that this mod could trigger that bug without other things doing it. I might need a load order to investigate that any further, but if it's LE specific I don't know how far I'll pursue it.

For the Stallion quest:

I can look into adding some more dialogue choices, sure.

I do want to have the option for the player to jump in again and earn some extra gold. It just didn't make the cut for 0.9.

1 hour ago, ecobotstar said:

Is there a way to disable the "Interested in a good time with me?" dialog? I actually prefer it if you can only have that dialog option when you're on the job.

No, but it would be easy enough to add a toggle for the next release.

If there are specific NPCs you think it's weird to have it for, let me know. I've found several since release that I plan to handle specially or forbid.