7 hours ago, Gristle said:

Thanks, This should do just fine. If the brothels are outside of town borders, then I don't need to worry about adjusting the "fame" comments. But I do need to adjust the nudity comments and the comments NPCs make when observing SexLab acts in those locations. Those current comments just don't work well inside of a brothel.

Next question is can I assume a PC having sex in a brothel is an employee?  I've never tried to have a PC use the brothels as a customer. If that's a possibility, any idea how to distinguish a PC that is an employee from a PC that is a customer? Perhaps a GetStageDone condition? (not sure if that will create any dependency)

You cannot assume that. You can both be a client and also work illegally by having the bad taste to solicit clients in a brothel where you don't work - it gives you a bounty.

The brothel will have an owner faction associated with it. All current brothels are TAPDibellasGardenFaction but there will probably eventually be one that is TAPBenjenBlackBriarFaction or TAPBenjenFaction, something like that. When hired by these employers the player is put into the associated faction.

Edit: I should probably also mention that although the brothels are all located outside the city walls, they may still be considered "in" the city for location hierarchy purposes. I don't remember if I did that or made them direct children of the hold location. I'd have to look.

Edited by ruddycray

First of all great mod, probably my favourite adut mod I've played for Skyrim.

One question: before I retrived the Sybil for the temple at Dibella it gave me the option to ask if I could join the priesthood of Dibella. Afterwards it had vanished (tried talking before and after the scene where Fjolta vanishes). Have I bugged out the quest doing it in the wrong order (I saved Fjolta before even becoming a prostitute, my RP for this character being she wanted to purely work for Dibella and play as a sort of Sacred Prostitute-cum-Templar) or is it a questline that isn't finished yet?

23 minutes ago, Cumpleanos said:

First of all great mod, probably my favourite adut mod I've played for Skyrim.

One question: before I retrived the Sybil for the temple at Dibella it gave me the option to ask if I could join the priesthood of Dibella. Afterwards it had vanished (tried talking before and after the scene where Fjolta vanishes). Have I bugged out the quest doing it in the wrong order (I saved Fjolta before even becoming a prostitute, my RP for this character being she wanted to purely work for Dibella and play as a sort of Sacred Prostitute-cum-Templar) or is it a questline that isn't finished yet?

Happy to hear you're enjoying it!

Unfortunately, stuff with the temple isn't implemented yet. I've implemented a next quest for the next release, but a full implementation there is probably going to be a work in progress for a while, especially because my decision to do something with the temple is relatively recent.

37 minutes ago, ruddycray said:

Unfortunately, stuff with the temple isn't implemented yet. I've implemented a next quest for the next release, but a full implementation there is probably going to be a work in progress for a while, especially because my decision to do something with the temple is relatively recent.

Looking forward to it!

42 minutes ago, ruddycray said:

Thanks for getting back to me so soon, I'm just happy I haven't broken the mod and don't have to delete that character and start over. I look forward to the next update.  Keep up the good work. 

• 3 weeks later...

Version 0.10 has been released. Top highlights:

• 2 new quests
  • Lots of little fixes related to freelance solicitation and succubus powers
  • A number of MCM options
  • Lots of bug fixes

If there are any players who use The Sisterhood of Dibella, I'd appreciate it if you'd let me know if the new Enable Temple of Dibella Quests option in the MCM resolves compatibility issues. I still plan to make my own quest line, but my hope here is to make it so that you can install the two side-by-side if you want, at the expense of the quest line from this mod.

A few things that were requested after 0.9 that I want to mention:

• Soliciting in Redwater Den has turned out to be more of a problem than I thought it would be. All of the addicts have blocking dialogue that prevents the solicitation options from appearing.
  • I didn't get around to SLSF integration yet. I would like to do that for the next version, though I am not promising anything at this point.
Edited by ruddycray
3 hours ago, FredOof said:

Can I update from 0.7 to 1.0 by clean save?

If you mean a save from before the mod was installed yes. From a save that's already running 0.7 I'm not sure but I'd say it's risky. I think 0.7 to 0.8 was breaking but I didn't keep track.

9 hours ago, ruddycray said:

Version 0.10 has been released. Top highlights:

• 2 new quests
  • Lots of little fixes related to freelance solicitation and succubus powers
  • A number of MCM options
  • Lots of bug fixes

If there are any players who use The Sisterhood of Dibella, I'd appreciate it if you'd let me know if the new Enable Temple of Dibella Quests option in the MCM resolves compatibility issues. I still plan to make my own quest line, but my hope here is to make it so that you can install the two side-by-side if you want, at the expense of the quest line from this mod.

A few things that were requested after 0.9 that I want to mention:

• Soliciting in Redwater Den has turned out to be more of a problem than I thought it would be. All of the addicts have blocking dialogue that prevents the solicitation options from appearing.
  • I didn't get around to SLSF integration yet. I would like to do that for the next version, though I am not promising anything at this point.

So the Temple of Dibella quests from this mod are disabled by default and we need to activate them with MCM?

7 minutes ago, Highborn said:

So the Temple of Dibella quests from this mod are disabled by default and we need to activate them with MCM?

No they are enabled by default and can be disabled for those who want to. I might auto detect Sisterhood later but for now it's manual.

6 minutes ago, MasterPiece300 said:

Question, how bad would it be if i didn't have the unofficial skyrim special edition patch? would certain quests stop working? or would they just be buggy?

Also, how far are you from the 1.0 release?

For the most part not that bad but if some fixes from USSEP are absent you may see bugs, yes. I can't tell you for sure how bad it would be but I'd say it could be anything from minor problems to quests getting stuck or being unable to start if the wrong NPC who should have been essential dies or something.

I don't have a definite plan for 1.0 anymore. My plan was to do it when all major quest content was complete but that's a ways off. More importantly the mod is currently in a state where it can be realistically integrated into a real play through of the game, with some quest lines left hanging. A lot of my work for 0.9 and 0.10 was getting it into that state as I did a real play through of the game. I may call it 1.0 when I feel like I've done enough there.

The mod is great, I'm really enjoying it! Update is working well

If it's okay, I would like to make 2 small suggestions:

-Could the payment slider in the MCM maybe be increased to allow for higher values? 150 gold just isn't that much by the time you reach over 50 Speech. It's not necessary, since money really is no object in Skyrim, but it might be nice

-There seems to be a bit of a rounding inconsistency when paying your dues. If I set the payment per client to 110, then pay my dues for that, I'm told that I owe 28, but 27 gold gets removed. I assume this only occurs for .5 values. This is such a small, insignificant thing, but I thought I'd let you know

Thanks for making this and continuing to work on it!

2 hours ago, skrimMod said:

The mod is great, I'm really enjoying it! Update is working well

If it's okay, I would like to make 2 small suggestions:

-Could the payment slider in the MCM maybe be increased to allow for higher values? 150 gold just isn't that much by the time you reach over 50 Speech. It's not necessary, since money really is no object in Skyrim, but it might be nice

-There seems to be a bit of a rounding inconsistency when paying your dues. If I set the payment per client to 110, then pay my dues for that, I'm told that I owe 28, but 27 gold gets removed. I assume this only occurs for .5 values. This is such a small, insignificant thing, but I thought I'd let you know

Thanks for making this and continuing to work on it!

For the payment slider I can take a look but I think allowing it to go much higher will unbalance working for Benjen and would require scaling the "special" jobs, and I don't mean for prostitution to be a way to get rich.

I'm aware of some rounding errors, but it's a good idea to report them anyway. I think in the case you're talking about the dialogue system rounds the value differently than the payment script. I may address that eventually but I'm a bit more concerned with rounding errors that cause increasingly wrong values. I think that one is just a display issue.

So I did the new Markarth Quest

I assume the new content stops after Gwynonna arrives at the temple? Mother Hamal says she will verify if she is telling the truth and after that I waited for a few days and there was no new dialogue (only the 'do you think she is really Fjotra?') or quest.

Pretty interesting though.

2 hours ago, Highborn said:

So I did the new Markarth Quest

Hide contents

I assume the new content stops after Gwynonna arrives at the temple? Mother Hamal says she will verify if she is telling the truth and after that I waited for a few days and there was no new dialogue (only the 'do you think she is really Fjotra?') or quest.

Pretty interesting though.

Yes that's it for now.

I wasn't able to start Tlatha's new quest. I hired her for the job at the Blue Palace and then, after that, I talked with her in Dragon Bridge and she had a dialogue abouut regret, but it was just that.

Do I have to specific trigger that quest before the events with the ambassadors? Do I have to choose the right dialogue when I first met her?

7 hours ago, Highborn said:

I wasn't able to start Tlatha's new quest. I hired her for the job at the Blue Palace and then, after that, I talked with her in Dragon Bridge and she had a dialogue abouut regret, but it was just that.

Do I have to specific trigger that quest before the events with the ambassadors? Do I have to choose the right dialogue when I first met her?

The quest will start when you enter any inn other than the one where Tlatha is. You should see some new NPCs, who will talk to you when you get close. Sorry for not being clearer on that but it's meant to be something you encounter naturally when playing more than something you intentionally trigger.

On 1/30/2022 at 6:25 PM, ruddycray said:

For the payment slider I can take a look but I think allowing it to go much higher will unbalance working for Benjen and would require scaling the "special" jobs, and I don't mean for prostitution to be a way to get rich.

I'm aware of some rounding errors, but it's a good idea to report them anyway. I think in the case you're talking about the dialogue system rounds the value differently than the payment script. I may address that eventually but I'm a bit more concerned with rounding errors that cause increasingly wrong values. I think that one is just a display issue.

Ya, the special jobs didn't occur to me until after I made the comment. And ya, don't worry about the rounding. It's really doesn't matter

One quick question: Do the Benjen and Dibella's Garden quests oppose each other, or is it safe to do them both? I'm specifically wondering about doing Benjen's first, then Dibella's Garden.

Thanks!

2 hours ago, skrimMod said:

Ya, the special jobs didn't occur to me until after I made the comment. And ya, don't worry about the rounding. It's really doesn't matter

One quick question: Do the Benjen and Dibella's Garden quests oppose each other, or is it safe to do them both? I'm specifically wondering about doing Benjen's first, then Dibella's Garden.

Thanks!

It's possible to do both. It will eventually not be possible to progress in the quest lines and stay with both. The quest lines will likely be each faction trying to force the other one out.

8 hours ago, Kitsudragon said:

This looks like an interesting mod, and I was hoping to review it. Sadly, it causes CTD's every time I load a game. I'll wait for an update, I think.

I can't do anything with that info, unfortunately. No one else has reported that so far.

Edit: To act on a report like that, I need to know if you're loading a game in progress or starting new... If game in progress have you tried a new game?...what is your load order? How did you determine that it was this mod causing your CTD?

Edited by ruddycray
24 minutes ago, zwdragonbone8314 said:

Hi I just download the 0.10 version of this mod. How do I start the new quest the in Markarth? I have found the Sybil, and when I talk to any dibella preist, they keep saying needing time for the preparation of sybil to communicate with dibella.

Leave and enter the temple again, that worked for me