20 hours ago, ruddycray said:

I'm not sure I understand your question, but if you're asking if there will be an employer with no benefits at all or an employer with no downsides at all, I don't really intend there to be.

Will there be one employer that has very good  benefits or one that use the PC whit no benefits and only abuse? 

1 hour ago, alex_85 said:

Will there be one employer that has very good  benefits or one that use the PC whit no benefits and only abuse? 

Dibella's Garden is meant to be a fairly easy-going employer that treats their employees well overall and provides a good balance of benefits compared to costs.

Benjen is meant to be a harsh, abusive employer, but I also intend for there to be some extras you can get with him that you don't get from Dibella's Garden (some strong companions, for example).

Going without an employer is meant to be better for money but higher risk of things like people refusing to pay you or other bad things. I haven't implemented much of that yet.

The Temple of Dibella is a newer idea, so I haven't completely decided what it's going to be like, but I am thinking something along the lines that it's much less about making money for yourself and more for role-playing, where the benefits might be more in the form of "blessings", which is to say perks and abilities.

I do not intend to have an employer with no benefits at all, because there wouldn't be much incentive to join up with them, and Benjen already fills the role of hard and abusive pimp.

There seems to be a quest that I have never experienced involving the investigation of the disappearance of the women from Dawnstar.

I did the initial investigation task for Jod, the Dawnstar Jarl's housecarl, and I purchased a license for Dawnstar.

How do I get the follow-up investigation quest?

Edited by Herowynne
13 minutes ago, Herowynne said:

There seems to be a quest that I have never experienced involving the investigation of the disappearance of the women from Dawnstar.

I did the initial investigation task for Jod, the Dawnstar Jarl's housecarl, and I purchased a license for Dawnstar.

I believe that wasn't implemented yet.

19 minutes ago, Herowynne said:

Yeah, it's a work in progress. While the next quest technically works completely, everything after it isn't implemented, and it's not something that can be played partially, so I haven't made it accessible in normal play.

Edited by ruddycray
6 hours ago, NicoleDragoness said:

Maybe stupid and already asked but ...

- At this moment there is no way to get rid of Benjen Black-Briar if you accept his contract, right?

- Just out of curiosity, could I kill him, eventually?

• Correct, there is no official way to break the contract in 0.8. However, that will be possible in 0.9. It is already mostly implemented.
  • You cannot kill him in 0.8, and if you console your way to doing it, the part of the mod that checks your debts doesn't check to see if he's still alive. I might eventually make it possible to kill him, but more likely the Dibella's Garden quest line will have you send him into disgrace.
Edited by ruddycray

So far, I visited Dibella Garden in solitude and worked for a while. I visited 9 holds to buy license. It was easy. I payed 50.

Is that it?

Is there any serious quest? Solitude license had only small quest to serve diplomat.

Can you tell me where else can I get serious quest ? Or I just visit every inn and serve? Then what is better than Radiant Prostitute? 

They have at least some quests visiting client home......

I am just figure it out what is Ancient Profession specialty.......... Looks like no so far nothing else to work with SL frame work to play SL animations....

31 minutes ago, Samson Nite said:

So far, I visited Dibella Garden in solitude and worked for a while. I visited 9 holds to buy license. It was easy. I payed 50.

Is that it?

Is there any serious quest? Solitude license had only small quest to serve diplomat.

Can you tell me where else can I get serious quest ? Or I just visit every inn and serve? Then what is better than Radiant Prostitute? 

I am just figure it out what is Ancient Profession specialty.......... Looks like no so far nothing else to work with SL frame work to play SL animations....

Every hold has a quest except Whiterun and Falkreath at the moment (those you just need to pay the fee). It doesn't look like you really went to all nine holds because otherwise you'd see the other quests. And if you agree to work for Benjen Black Briar in Riften you get a couple of quests to for him. Dibella's garden also has some quests focused on entertaining guests after you earn 1000 gold.

1 hour ago, Samson Nite said:

Is that it?

A complete list of all content currently in this mod is in this post: 

Radiant Prostitution has been around a good while longer than this mod, so it's very possible that it has a good bit more content implemented so far. I'm not going to go into a great deal of detail, because it is not my intent to trash talk Radiant Prostitution, but I created this mod in part because there's too much about RP that isn't to my taste, and the house visit quests and things like that don't feel to me like they fit in the game world. Or at least they didn't the last time I used it.

I am also working on actual story lines, where as far as I know RP is more about random radiant quests. That is where it gets its name, after all.

But RP is a fine mod. I've used it a lot myself. If what I'm building isn't to your taste, that's also fine.

No, I am not saying that mod is not my taste. I just expect more quests and stories as you mentioned.

True that I didn't explored all 9 holds. I am through Solitude Falkreich, Windhelm, Markarth and mostly worked in inn. I slowly became bored. 

So, I interrupted myself to write my opinion.

I understand that it is vey huge effort and work. I always appreciate developer's works. Sorry if I hurt your feeling. I had no intention at all......Sorry

2 hours ago, Samson Nite said:

No, I am not saying that mod is not my taste. I just expect more quests and stories as you mentioned.

True that I didn't explored all 9 holds. I am through Solitude Falkreich, Windhelm, Markarth and mostly worked in inn. I slowly became bored. 

I understand that it is vey huge effort and work. I always appreciate developer's works. Sorry if I hurt your feeling. I had no intention at all......Sorry

Not to worry.

The stories are all works in progress, so if that's what you're looking for then I can promise you that it's what I intend to deliver but it's going to take some time to get it all done. I'm also trying to balance that against having some odd jobs that are also interesting to play.

I'm also trying to walk a line of not putting down other mods harshly even though my dissatisfaction with them is some of my motivation for making my own. I also appreciate the work that others have put into their mods and think there's room for all tastes :). And, as I mentioned, for a very long time RP was an essential part of my Skyrim mod load, so I also don't want to come across as really disliking it, because that's not how I feel about it.

But it's also hard to draw the distinction between this mod and RP without at least a little criticism, so what I am really aiming to do differently is to:

1. Make the dialogue sound more natural and less "sex mod"
  2. Avoid abusive dialogue unless a character is specifically meant to be an abusive person
  3. Make the quests and prostitution seem like something that could really be a part of the game's world and not just random scenarios with Skyrim characters
  4. Avoid unrealistic situations like a customer refusing to pay you and raping you in the inn where you are working while the innkeeper who is also getting cheated out of some money doesn't do anything about it
  5. Have original characters who are fleshed out
  6. Have story lines

A lot of those aims are purely matters of opinion and taste, of course. But if you want to know what I'm trying to do to be different from something like RP, that's it. There are probably going to be some similarities to RP, too, because I think it did a lot of things well.

2 hours ago, Samson Nite said:

I should also mention if you've only done those quests, then you are only a little ways into the mod's content. There isn't much there besides getting licenses if you freelance. There will be quests that you can do without joining up with an employer, but a large part of the quest content in the mod will be through Dibella's Garden, Benjen, and the Temple of Dibella. That's also true of odd jobs.

I don't know that I plan to have innkeepers give you odd jobs in the style of RP, though I won't rule it out. For now, if you want to get some variety in prostitution jobs and not just working in the inn, you have to join up with an employer.

It has been years since I played RP but I don't remember it having so many quests. Outside of the regular costumers, I remember you getting special jobs for house visiting, soldier camp, a letter from a fan (rape), a job to collect sperm from horses, the giant camp one and the orc stronghold. 

20 minutes ago, ruddycray said:

I should also mention if you've only done those quests, then you are only a little ways into the mod's content. There isn't much there besides getting licenses if you freelance. There will be quests that you can do without joining up with an employer, but a large part of the quest content in the mod will be through Dibella's Garden, Benjen, and the Temple of Dibella. That's also true of odd jobs.

I don't know that I plan to have innkeepers give you odd jobs in the style of RP, though I won't rule it out. For now, if you want to get some variety in prostitution jobs and not just working in the inn, you have to join up with an employer.

Understood! It must be painful to create all stories. Do you read some short stories of adult stories or create yourself from your own fantasy?

Or do you want to try collect some various ideas from this post ? 

3 minutes ago, Samson Nite said:

Understood! It must be painful to create all stories. Do you read some short stories of adult stories or create yourself from your own fantasy?

Or do you want to try collect some various ideas from this post ? 

I do a little of all of it, probably. I think the latest odd job addition (The First Time) was based on a suggestion from @Highborn. I'm not basing any of the story lines I intend to make on anything specific I've read. I'm mostly just starting with a premise and thinking through where I could go with it that would be interesting and provide the player some choices to make along the way, while also providing lots of opportunities for sex content.

25 minutes ago, Highborn said:

It has been years since I played RP but I don't remember it having so many quests. Outside of the regular costumers, I remember you getting special jobs for house visiting, soldier camp, a letter from a fan (rape), a job to collect sperm from horses, the giant camp one and the orc stronghold. 

To be honest, even when I had RP installed I rarely did its odd jobs, because I remember them just taking me out of the game more than liking them. That's why I resist doing things in this mod like having the player entertain the Jarls. It's hard to make it feel "real" to me.

I've been trying to set up custom outfits but no matter what I do it tells me that "outfits.json could not be read" when i load up the game. Could someone have a look at the file I've set up and tell me if they see anything wrong? I've tried putting the new entries in just about every order you can imagine, including deleting the default ones and only using mine - nothing works.

Tried the default file that ships with the mod again too just in case and that does work so I must be doing something wrong.

edit: I'm editing with notepad++ if that makes a difference

Also an unrelated question; do you have any rough idea of when 0.9 will be out? And I know you've said to expect a new game to be required in the mod description so I'm guessing that will still be the case with 0.9?

outfits.json

Edited by xLLUser
1 hour ago, xLLUser said:

I've been trying to set up custom outfits but no matter what I do it tells me that "outfits.json could not be read" when i load up the game. Could someone have a look at the file I've set up and tell me if they see anything wrong? I've tried putting the new entries in just about every order you can imagine, including deleting the default ones and only using mine - nothing works.

Tried the default file that ships with the mod again too just in case and that does work so I must be doing something wrong.

edit: I'm editing with notepad++ if that makes a difference

Also an unrelated question; do you have any rough idea of when 0.9 will be out? And I know you've said to expect a new game to be required in the mod description so I'm guessing that will still be the case with 0.9?

outfits.json 3.78 kB · 0 downloads

You're missing a comma on this line:

"dgwhorebody - armor mods - merged.esp": [ "b3b", "b61", "b62" "bfc" ],

I don't know for sure when 0.9 will be out. It's not quite been 3 weeks since I released 0.8, so I wouldn't expect it in the immediate future. I am aiming to go no more than 2 months between releases, but that's a goal, not a promise.

It's too early to say whether 0.9 will require a new game, but unless I mention otherwise at time of release it's usually a good idea to assume that it will.

Edit: If there are plugins for Notepad++ that will check your JSON for errors, you may want to install them. Otherwise, you may want to use a different editor that will do that, such as Visual Studio Code.

Edited by ruddycray
51 minutes ago, ruddycray said:

You're missing a comma on this line:

"dgwhorebody - armor mods - merged.esp": [ "b3b", "b61", "b62" "bfc" ],

I don't know for sure when 0.9 will be out. It's not quite been 3 weeks since I released 0.8, so I wouldn't expect it in the immediate future. I am aiming to go no more than 2 months between releases, but that's a goal, not a promise.

It's too early to say whether 0.9 will require a new game, but unless I mention otherwise at time of release it's usually a good idea to assume that it will.

Edit: If there are plugins for Notepad++ that will check your JSON for errors, you may want to install them. Otherwise, you may want to use a different editor that will do that, such as Visual Studio Code.

Can't believe I missed that considering how long I was looking for errors.. I probably should install something like that. Thank you for both answers.

This mod is great by the way, one of the best out there, so thanks for all the work you put into it!

I just read your description and am put off by the inclusion of rape in this mod.  Perhaps you are trying to be "realistic" about the situations that a prostitute might encounter.  If that is so, then fair enough.  I will tell you what else is realistic: the dragon-born fighting his or her way out of a rape situation.  Is that something that is possible?  If so, then I will use your mod.  I really like the basic idea behind this mod and would like to support it.  However, if this was not the intention for including rape, then I want nothing to do with you or your mod.  Sorry but I just can't stand people who promote non-consensual sexual violence.

Edited by shebop
1 hour ago, shebop said:

I just read your description and am put off by the inclusion of rape in this mod.  Perhaps you are trying to be "realistic" about the situations that a prostitute might encounter.  If that is so, then fair enough.  I will tell you what else is realistic: the dragon-born fighting his or her way out of a rape situation.  Is that something that is possible?  If so, then I will use your mod.  I really like the basic idea behind this mod and would like to support it.  However, if this was not the intention for including rape, then I want nothing to do with you or your mod.  Sorry but I just can't stand people who promote non-consensual sexual violence.

It's not a huge focus. Once you are in the situation, you can't escape it, but one of only two current instances of rape is something that you can avoid before you get into it by fighting your way out of the situation or just not approaching it in the first place. Full details in the spoiler section:

Spoiler

There is a rape scene if you attempt to obtain a license in Windhelm from Ulfric while you are an Imperial soldier and surrender to arrest. You can tell him that you won't go quietly, however.

There is another planned quest line where if you choose to pursue it then there will be a situation that you can work to escape involving captivity and rape. While in it, you will not be able to simply escape the situation but the quest line will be optional.

I think the only other situation is freelancing where you solicit a person and then change your mind that will only occur with low morality NPCs and I think even then only has a 5% chance of happening. I also intend to implement ways to prevent this or to seek justice for it if it occurs, though I haven't gotten around to that yet.

I do not plan to remove or scrap any of these aspects. However, as I said, it is not a major focus of this mod, and as it stands you can altogether avoid these situations.

Edited by ruddycray
1 hour ago, shebop said:

people who promote non-consensual sexual violence.

I have played through this mod 2 or 3 times, and I personally do not feel that this mod "promotes" non-consensual sexual violence.

As the mod's description says, rape is not the focus of this mod.

In my experience, the focus of this mod is to provide an immersive experience as an actual sex worker in a Elder Scrolls fantasy setting.

There is a very important decision as to how you begin playing the quests in this mod. If you choose the Dibella's Garden route, you will have an experience that is much more respectful towards your character as a sex worker. On the other hand, if you choose the Benjen route, you will experience something more akin to the abusive pimp situation.

Just be aware of that. Based on your post, you should probably choose the Dibella's Garden route.

2 hours ago, shebop said:

Chill out. There is no "promotion" of rape in this mod. If I were the author I'd be actually offended that you would imply such a thing. This is probably one of the least "hardcore" prostitution mods you'll find here.