Wartimes - a daughter's tale (Alternate start scenario) SE

Thanks for all the help so far. The mod is now loading, and working, except, when the enslavement start I get an error that the collar (or any other item fail to equip. 

the debug message is "[SD] equipDeviceByString FAILED: Collar" 

SD is installed and working, SD asset is installed also.

Could this be because I have ZaZ v8.0 and not 7.0 installed?

Any other having this issue?

On 7/27/2021 at 8:11 AM, Z The Destroyer said:

it says I'm missing SD Cages and something called dcc-dm2 whatever that means. anyway to fix?

seems like the mod was ported from LE, and the requirement (dcc-dm2, i suppose it was display model 2) cannot be met in SE

go check this post

he uploaded a fixed version that.... seems to be in working order for SE

On 8/1/2021 at 6:54 AM, lk74 said:

seems like the mod was ported from LE, and the requirement (dcc-dm2, i suppose it was display model 2) cannot be met in SE

For me, the "Wartimes - A Daughter's Tale SE 9-2020 v1.5.7z" from the main page requires dcc-dm2.esp, while the slightly older "Wartimes - a daughter's tale SE (Alternate Start add-on) V1.1.7z" doesn't. Go figure.

Doesn't matter because the new betas are coming, but hard to find in the thread - I'll request on the compatibility page so oher users don't have to waste time all over again.

Edited by BillyG

I cant advance in the stable "horse grooming", quest line?

there are no interaction with the horse, and both the horse and Skulvar has Quest markers, but no dialog is avaiable, what am I doing wrong?

Also, I have been told that our supplies are low, and that I need to go to town, but I cannot figure out who to speak to, can I get a hint?

Besides these minor thing, great mod, and thanks for the port to SE ?

1 hour ago, Simsoniter said:

I cant advance in the stable "horse grooming", quest line?

there are no interaction with the horse, and both the horse and Skulvar has Quest markers, but no dialog is avaiable, what am I doing wrong?

Also, I have been told that our supplies are low, and that I need to go to town, but I cannot figure out who to speak to, can I get a hint?

Besides these minor thing, great mod, and thanks for the port to SE ?

Use this version instead, it has a lot of fixes and changes:  

Wartimes 6.4 for SE

Likely will need a new game, suggest creating save in QASmoke cell, "coc qasmoke" before replacement. 

Follow this before replacement, it has some tweaks for other mods to soft integrate:

New post with LE version and changes better read post before replacement with SE version.

Edited by safado
16 hours ago, safado said:

Use this version instead, it has a lot of fixes and changes:  

Wartimes 6.4 for SE

Likely will need a new game, suggest creating save in QASmoke cell, "coc qasmoke" before replacement. 

Follow this before replacement, it has some tweaks for other mods to soft integrate:

New post with LE version and changes better read post before replacement with SE version.

Thanks, this worked on the horse. Many thanks for the support?

But how do you do the supply run for more supplies?

2 hours ago, Simsoniter said:

Thanks, this worked on the horse. Many thanks for the support?

But how do you do the supply run for more supplies?

Not sure but I think:

• The Supply run get setup in memory when you get a forceGreet from father: 'So, daughter, we need to discuss your new position in this family. Surely you recognise that things have changed.' ,  "[Father looks you over.]" 
  • Then: "I'm going to need you to make yourself useful for a change. You're going to start doing regular supply runs for me into town whenever we're low.", "Come to me for the list of items and the gold first. Head into town to Belethor's, and then up to Eorlund".   "Don't bother with that Adrian girl or whatever her name is. Doubt she knows one end of a hammer from the other."
  • that dialogue should happen between 7am and 4pm
  • After that you need to:     Talk to Father and get the items I need to do a supply run into Whiterun.
  • Do a manual greet to father an choose "I'm heading into town for the supplies, Father." Normally is under "Father?" in the dialogue list at the bottom.  

If you have problems with dialogue not updating or cutting off it is because of bugs in the original Skyrim dialogue system, and you need to patch it. 

Better dialogue is the oldest patch.  This one is for SE

The newer is Dialogue Interface ReShaped.

Also get something like Better MessageBox Controls.

After the patch is in place use the scroll wheel in the mouse to force a dialogue list update. Go to the bottom a back. If the condition is met, you should see the dialogue. 

Also, go to the MCM and setup WarTimes hotkeys.  The more important is the all-in-one.  Can be use during dialogue to change to drink serving, meal serving, and the like. It also has a status check that will tell you hints about the current tasks. Some also appear now in the Journal (J) in misc. 

If you get conflict with other mods, check if the other mod includes the fixes because new mods likely already include the fixes. Do not replace if they do, new mods add extra features plus the fix.

The supply run has surprises, give thanks to Monoman1.

Suggest tracking this mod in the original support pages in the Old Skyrim side.  This forum is for the "stable" version conversion and is less up to date.  

Note: if menues do not appear with the hotkeys, you may be missing UI-Extensions.  Is an "old" mod Make sure is for SE.

Edited by safado

issue here with the mirror not activating. i peeked in sseedit and wartimes doesn't appear to reference the YPS mirror, but i'm pretty lost when it comes to this kinda thing. any help would be appreciated. i'm not showing any conflicts between them that i'm aware of.

edit - i should probably be more specific - everything else seems to be fully functional, have sos pubes and yps is using kshairdos hdt and all that just fine, makeup and haircutting works, just cant activate the mirror.

Edited by w2bvaultmeat
2 hours ago, w2bvaultmeat said:

issue here with the mirror not activating. i peeked in sseedit and wartimes doesn't appear to reference the YPS mirror, but i'm pretty lost when it comes to this kinda thing. any help would be appreciated. i'm not showing any conflicts between them that i'm aware of.

edit - i should probably be more specific - everything else seems to be fully functional, have sos pubes and yps is using kshairdos hdt and all that just fine, makeup and haircutting works, just cant activate the mirror.

Install UI extensions. 

1 hour ago, w2bvaultmeat said:

actually i have it installed, very high in priority, no conflicts with it, and plugin is on.

Afraid I don't know then. The menu is UI extensions. It doesnt just call the mirror function from yps, its built from scratch. 

Does the UI menu hockey work for you? That also uses UI extensions. 

Maybe check you have the se version and not the le version

16 hours ago, w2bvaultmeat said:

The function that calls for YPS Tweak features looks for yps-ImmersivePiercing.esp and the add-on yps_TweakVersion ver1.5 or higher.  For extra piercing features like "Soldering" it looks for 1.8 version or newer. 

Did you have yps-ImmersiveFashion Tweak BETA REPACK v2.0 (20-July-2020).7z installed with YPS?

If using Skyrim SE you need to replace the "SKSE\Plugins\StorageUtilData\ypsFashion\Underwear.json" file with "Underwear SE.json". Both in the same folder but only the one named Underwear.json is used.  Original is for Skyrim LE.  ?

There's is an issue with the function Game.GetModByName("modname") not finding ESP with ESL flag.  If any of the dependencies is manually flagged to ESL using SSEEdit many mods including WarTime may fail to find the pluging esp file is loaded.  

Noticed the issue because I added the ESL flag to "Sexlab Inflation Framework" an many mods that have support will not use it until I removed the flag. 

Any modder trying to lower plugings index usage need to take this into account.  

Check UIExtensions works by using the All-in-One hotkey setup in Wartimes MCM.  

ScreenShot97.png.7c036651f7c6fc317afabab59d343eaa.png

Spoiler

ScreenShot99.png.894a237526ac018b491c44ca756b9338.png

To know if Wartimes "detected" YPS go to console and type 'help pchsyps'.  pchsYpsInstalled = 1 confirms that is detected. 

Spoiler

enb2021_8_13_12_55_18.png.56c38286a77fff3be33470f5fb205a4a.png

Edited by safado
5 hours ago, safado said:

There's is an issue with the function Game.GetModByName("modname") not finding ESP with ESL flag.  If any of the dependencies is manually flagged to ESL using SSEEdit many mods including WarTime may fail to find the pluging esp file is loaded.  

Noticed the issue because I added the ESL flag to "Sexlab Inflation Framework" an many mods that have support will not use it until I removed the flag. 

Any modder trying to lower plugings index usage need to take this into account. 

I'm gonna explore this, I've done quite a bit of it.

Pretty sure I've got all the proper json files loading etc but i'll reinstall stuff again to be sure.
I do have the UI wheel showing up etc, am I just being stupid and supposed to use that key while targeting the mirror?
I did also run into 1-2 more issues, it seems Father doesn't recognize my hair colour properly nor my ear piercings (when i tried to workaround by buying them,) and the chick downstairs doesn't actually do anything. I'll investigate the whole esl/esm thing before complaining though :D

1 hour ago, w2bvaultmeat said:

Pretty sure I've got all the proper json files loading etc but i'll reinstall stuff again to be sure.
I do have the UI wheel showing up etc, am I just being stupid and supposed to use that key while targeting the mirror?
I did also run into 1-2 more issues, it seems Father doesn't recognize my hair colour properly nor my ear piercings (when i tried to workaround by buying them,) and the chick downstairs doesn't actually do anything. I'll investigate the whole esl/esm thing before complaining though :D

The Mirror is an activator object and is setup tp call a script that will look for YPS and if detected will provide options using the UIExtension wheel.  It is different from ALL-in-one menu that is shown in the snapshots, specific to the YPS integration of WarTimes.   Try the condole 'help pchsyps' if pchsYpsInstalled = 1 is shown then WarTimes sees your YPS + Tweak mod.

On 8/13/2021 at 6:33 PM, w2bvaultmeat said:

@Monoman1  @w2bvaultmeat

Found the issue about pchWarTimes 6.6 custom mirror not opening menu wheel in my current playthrough.   Is not a bug it is instead a save "corruption" losing the reference.    Need a copy of Resaver lastest version.

This Issue source:  Here is a save file with the issue opened in ReSaver.  The LEFT window shows the script instance used by the Activator (the mirror). The RIGHT window shows the data references used by the script.  The entry 0 (is a small script) is referencing an object(var) to nothing(null?) but is looking for pchsWtInterfaceFashion.

Spoiler

1060891945_pchsWarTimesissue-badmirror1.png.8c16ea87d4bceb50cc3f4ee27545e62a.png

The Fix: Open a save with the issue and is good to open (no CTD). Delete pchsWrMirror instances from the save (only).  answer yes.  Save, it will automatically save in a new file.

Spoiler

1387979891_pchsWarTimesissue-badmirror3.png.79683f395f872cb9daf44a5927e1b79d.png

Open the save in the game.  

Fixed, it opens. No restarting, no extreme save cleaning.   Before the save light cleaning it did not open.  

Spoiler

460500808_pchsWarTimesissue-badmirror6.png.beb10b834e6c1f88c15e889de4c69399.png

I think, it broke because of index changes or during upgrading from 5.6 to 6.6.  

Save File after testing it works.

Spoiler

1819701739_pchsWarTimesissue-badmirror4.png.7f80ac82a197672fd7d83f031da4525a.png

Here is the master script for yps integration listing it refs and now includes the mirror activator, in the bad save it didn't. 

Spoiler

2090247529_pchsWarTimesissue-badmirror5.png.4158a3343eecbf34ed7432cf78a038b1.png

Edited by safado
1 hour ago, safado said:

it is instead a save "corruption" losing the reference.

Ah... should probably go without saying but this shouldn't be happening. At all. Your save should not be losing references like that spontaneously. If this reference is being lost then what other references are being lost creating other 'bugs'? Its a massive headache I want nothing to do with tbh.

Now unless its a property I forgot to fill, which I do now and then, but that seems very unlikely as I've been using the mirror all along without issue.

Seems to work well, although I am using the bare minimum features and have turned off the YPS stuff.

Only thing that doesn't work is 'father' doesn't remove any devices when I use the dialog option (5 favor) to remove various items. He says he'll remove them because i've been doing well and then there doesn't appear to be any affect.

Not the end of the world, other than that things seem to be working as they should.

3 hours ago, Rekuna said:

Seems to work well, although I am using the bare minimum features and have turned off the YPS stuff.

Only thing that doesn't work is 'father' doesn't remove any devices when I use the dialog option (5 favor) to remove various items. He says he'll remove them because i've been doing well and then there doesn't appear to be any affect.

Not the end of the world, other than that things seem to be working as they should.

@Rekuna

I recommend that you follow the original mod forum and not this one.  Try the new update for your version of Skyrim, also update the optional dependencies if available. New features depend on the dependency's updates. 

Link to latest tweaks updates from @Monoman1.   Skyrim LE

Link to latest tweaks updates from @Monoman1 converted by @Silvain.   Skyrim SE

Edited by safado
On 8/27/2021 at 4:40 PM, TheLowestKey said:

"You're not supposed to be in here" is all I get from Jezzam. Anyone else have this issue?

I'm getting the same issue. :7 read you need to be in the right faction but no Chillfurrow faction in the mod at all.