Wartimes - a daughter's tale (Alternate start scenario) SE

I'm having some small issues with this mod.

1. I go to the marker during the party event to dance, and I don't really know what to do with it.

2. I can't interract with the hounds in the dog walking events, however I can interact with the horse in the horse grooming task.

Any assistance?

On 9/10/2022 at 8:36 PM, Tenner1343 said:

I'm having some small issues with this mod.

1. I go to the marker during the party event to dance, and I don't really know what to do with it.

2. I can't interract with the hounds in the dog walking events, however I can interact with the horse in the horse grooming task.

Any assistance?

I fixed this, I didn't have SD cages installed. However, I now have this issue where I can't properly "present" myself to the father as all he does is be stuck in an infinite loop of "looks impatient" > "What are you waiting for?"

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a few issues that I just can't figure out.

1. I'm getting an issue where I can't ask for any time off. I can go all the way through the dialogue to ask but it backs me out right before what I think is the last line for him to give it to me and my favor is at 100 so I definitely have enough.

2. I don't think this mod is registering yps because I have never had father send me on a piercing or beauty job when playing it before :(

3. I can't get licenses from father, he just says to wait for him and takes the favor cost, but then just walks around the house like normal and doesn't do anything

Anyone have any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/16/2022 at 8:50 AM, angelhunter said:

The mod requires SD Cages but there doesn't seem to be a version for special edition. What is everyone else using?

I ended up using the regular version one and it seems to work. At least, game is not crashing, which I consider a success!!

Small issue: The mod doesn't seem to use any of the bondage furniture father is placing on the house. Am I missing any soft dependencies, or any animation packs to trigger them?

Kind regards!

REVIEW OF THE MOD FOR ITS BETTERMENT:

Spoilers ahead if you want to enjoy the story on your own. 

Spoiler

I did generally enjoy the mod. Roleplaying a young and naive girl, the story did actually hold quite well. I also enjoyed that the mod did not expect the player to become to become immediately a sex-driven whore, but instead give the option to slowly become one. 

About the tasks:

They feel appropriate: to clean, cook, serve drinks, etc. 

I did miss however more variety on those tasks: maybe the task givers requesting more extra "services" or proposing that young and naive girl to prostitute herself, etc. 

I was expecting the soldiers task to become more difficult over time: maybe proposing to satisfy each time more and more men (and getting paid accordingly), or maybe forcing her to stay for longer time each time, to the point she may stay for hours being sexed and not able to satisfy father's needs.

I also missed that some of those task givers (such as the stable boy, the hound keeper, etc) were... meaner. Maybe not paying for the job if it was not done properly, maybe forcing her to stay locked with the hounds, etc.

About the parties:

They were quite repetitive: serve drinks, serve snacks, dance, sex a guest or being raped. That was it, at least as far as I played, but after 5 parties I'm confident I must have seen mostly all possible scenes.

My suggestions for improvements:

• Refusing to sex a guest could have different outcomes: Being retrained for a certain ammount of time (which will make you unable to satisfy the guests), 
  • A father warning that refusing to have sex will cause a huge drop of favour, so either you accept to have sex, or you'll be punished and lose favour. 
  • More integration with the furniture: I actually missed the parties using it. An idea would be to be restrained for a certain ammount of time during which all party guests that "use" you will be satisfied... but you'll be unable to serve others, which can cause the party to not be satisfactory.

About the furniture:

• IMO this is a wasted oportunity, as father doesn't seem to consider the furniture at all.
  • I would include forced bondage scenes with it:
    • "No, I don't have tasks for you. I don't want you messing aroud" -> PC gets restrained to some piece of furniture.
    • With enough submission/depravity score: "I want all to see the whore you are. I'm going to restrain you outside the house" -> Character gets restrained on one of the furnitures placed outside home for a random number of hours in which she can get gropped/raped by others.
    • With low enough submission/favours scores, but after she is already having sex with father: "You'll learn to serve my guests properly" -> Player gets tied to a random furniture equipment and during the whole party she gets abused.
    • And a long etcetera of ideas I can think of :D

About the storyline:

Well, oh no, surprise, father was lying after all! I can't believe it!

I would have liked that there were some clues here and there to figure out the truth on your own before paying the "health care" price. Maybe a note of a transaction, maybe talking to a carriage driver would tell you that he did not deliver mother to the care house but somewhere else, etc.

Also, I found father to be very easy to kill once I figured out the truth. It would have been interesting that it was a difficult fight that may have ended with the PC enslaved or sold through simple slavery ++.

Overall, this is a very good alternate start scenario. Hope this review helps to keep improving it further :)

Thank you!

Edited by Alstier
add few points
8 hours ago, Alstier said:

REVIEW OF THE MOD FOR ITS BETTERMENT:

Spoilers ahead if you want to enjoy the story on your own. 

Reveal hidden contents

I did generally enjoy the mod. Roleplaying a young and naive girl, the story did actually hold quite well. I also enjoyed that the mod did not expect the player to become to become immediately a sex-driven whore, but instead give the option to slowly become one. 

About the tasks:

They feel appropriate: to clean, cook, serve drinks, etc. 

I did miss however more variety on those tasks: maybe the task givers requesting more extra "services" or proposing that young and naive girl to prostitute herself, etc. 

I was expecting the soldiers task to become more difficult over time: maybe proposing to satisfy each time more and more men (and getting paid accordingly), or maybe forcing her to stay for longer time each time, to the point she may stay for hours being sexed and not able to satisfy father's needs.

I also missed that some of those task givers (such as the stable boy, the hound keeper, etc) were... meaner. Maybe not paying for the job if it was not done properly, maybe forcing her to stay locked with the hounds, etc.

About the parties:

They were quite repetitive: serve drinks, serve snacks, dance, sex a guest or being raped. That was it, at least as far as I played, but after 5 parties I'm confident I must have seen mostly all possible scenes.

My suggestions for improvements:

• Refusing to sex a guest could have different outcomes: Being retrained for a certain ammount of time (which will make you unable to satisfy the guests), 
  • A father warning that refusing to have sex will cause a huge drop of favour, so either you accept to have sex, or you'll be punished and lose favour. 
  • More integration with the furniture: I actually missed the parties using it. An idea would be to be restrained for a certain ammount of time during which all party guests that "use" you will be satisfied... but you'll be unable to serve others, which can cause the party to not be satisfactory.

About the furniture:

• IMO this is a wasted oportunity, as father doesn't seem to consider the furniture at all.
  • I would include forced bondage scenes with it:
    • "No, I don't have tasks for you. I don't want you messing aroud" -> PC gets restrained to some piece of furniture.
    • With enough submission/depravity score: "I want all to see the whore you are. I'm going to restrain you outside the house" -> Character gets restrained on one of the furnitures placed outside home for a random number of hours in which she can get gropped/raped by others.
    • With low enough submission/favours scores, but after she is already having sex with father: "You'll learn to serve my guests properly" -> Player gets tied to a random furniture equipment and during the whole party she gets abused.
    • And a long etcetera of ideas I can think of :D

About the storyline:

Well, oh no, surprise, father was lying after all! I can't believe it!

I would have liked that there were some clues here and there to figure out the truth on your own before paying the "health care" price. Maybe a note of a transaction, maybe talking to a carriage driver would tell you that he did not deliver mother to the care house but somewhere else, etc.

Also, I found father to be very easy to kill once I figured out the truth. It would have been interesting that it was a difficult fight that may have ended with the PC enslaved or sold through simple slavery ++.

Overall, this is a very good alternate start scenario. Hope this review helps to keep improving it further :)

Thank you!

you should post that in the Wartimes LE Thread. Monoman1 is currently working on a new version. maybe he could take over some ideas

1 hour ago, adle said:

you should post that in the Wartimes LE Thread. Monoman1 is currently working on a new version. maybe he could take over some ideas

Some new ideas he, how about the PC can’t leave whiterun the first-time getting herbs for mom without satisfying the toll-keepers. After that belethor will start coursing the PC into sexualized acts if she wants the goods to help her mom. The PC will have two choices either keep belethor’s actions a secret from dad or tell her dad (yet dad is secretly selling her services to belethor but the PC doesn’t know). Either way at some point dad finds out about the PC's slutty behavior and becomes enraged at what a whore his daughter became, proceeding to force the PC into sexual acts also. Ultimately a little more diversity, a little more surprises, and a little less crashes, and this mod can be great.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello, sorry if the question as already been answered but i have a problem with this mod.

I installed all the dependencies the mod requiries. When all of thel are activated without Wartime checked, the game run and i can load a new game, go to the dev chamber etc ...

But whenever activate the plugin, i can't load a save or start a new one because the game CTD immmediatly.

Do you have any idea of when can cause that and how can i fix it ?

Thank you in advance.

2 hours ago, Neko-Barbare said:

Hello, sorry if the question as already been answered but i have a problem with this mod.

I installed all the dependencies the mod requiries. When all of thel are activated without Wartime checked, the game run and i can load a new game, go to the dev chamber etc ...

But whenever activate the plugin, i can't load a save or start a new one because the game CTD immmediatly.

Do you have any idea of when can cause that and how can i fix it ?

Thank you in advance.

Wrong version of ZAZ animation pack, need 8 or 8+ for SkyrimSE.

Also, try the links in this post for current version. Check the LE version for the change log and the known issue tips.

Running a version older than wartimes 8, need a new game because dirt on home floor was moved to accommodate changes and Skyrim will not reposition mesh to follow activation if already loaded.

Edited by safado
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey there, I'm having some trouble getting this mod to appear in the alternate-start menu when I talk with the statue, I have all the requirements installed along with some other mod. The option simply won't appear for whatever reason.

If anyone have any idea what is causing this, please tell them to me, I'll greatly appreciate it.

How does this mod appear on the Alternative Start menu? What phrase indicates that its the Wartimes option? Is it literally "Wartimes - A daughter's Tale"?

I've selected "you live with your family" and that makes "Vincent" my father and I have a younger sister. But this doesn't appear to be the Wartimes mod. :(

And finally, do I need to be a specific race to play this? 

Edited by Darsie
10 hours ago, Darsie said:

How does this mod appear on the Alternative Start menu? What phrase indicates that its the Wartimes option? Is it literally "Wartimes - A daughter's Tale"?

I've selected "you live with your family" and that makes "Vincent" my father and I have a younger sister. But this doesn't appear to be the Wartimes mod. :(

And finally, do I need to be a specific race to play this? 

Sadly, wrong forum.

This forum is for an old and obsolete version that still has a lot of bugs from the original.

Newer version has different Hard requirements(read it).   (it also has manual start option as a failsafe to bugs in alternative start mod)

Get new version Wartimes Tweak 10.3 in:  Recommend new game and read SkyrimLE mod page in the link, it has the important info.

Skyrim LE

Skyrim SE

You need ZAP 8+ SE, or it will CTD, do not use ZAP 7.

After updating the mod, manually move it after Alternative Start, loot will not do it automatically for the new version. 

Good luck.

6 hours ago, safado said:

Sadly, wrong forum.

This forum is for an old and obsolete version that still has a lot of bugs from the original.

Newer version has different Hard requirements(read it).   (it also has manual start option as a failsafe to bugs in alternative start mod)

Get new version Wartimes Tweak 10.3 in:  Recommend new game and read SkyrimLE mod page in the link, it has the important info.

Skyrim LE

Skyrim SE

You need ZAP 8+ SE, or it will CTD, do not use ZAP 7.

After updating the mod, manually move it after Alternative Start, loot will not do it automatically for the new version. 

Good luck.

Thanks. I had thought this shorter forum as the most recent. 

These links have been invaluable. :)