Wartimes - a daughter's tale (Alternate start scenario) SE

5 hours ago, Samson Nite said:

Do you mean that I still can build DD 5.1's some devices with AIO 4.3 bodyslide ?

That means DD5.1 creator will not make a new AIO 5.1 bodyslide, because AIO4.3 still works?

Yes,  most of them actually.  It's not perfect but good enough.

The DD does not create conversions outside CBBE and UNP at all as far as I know. So it's up to the users.  It is just a lot of work support every body out there. 

On 7/9/2021 at 10:45 PM, Silvain said:

That is most certainly not what is happening. Display model is not a hard requirement. I don't have it and have no problem. Also the SE version of Display model is not working for Wartimes since Monoman does not play SE.

Do you have installed the right wartimes version? Everything necessary is on this page:

You do not need any other Wartimes files. Other requirements are Zaz, Sexlab and Alternate Start.

I downloaded the version for SE, which this forum is the support for.  eg. this one: 

The files i downloaded is called Wartimes - A Daughter's Tale SE 9-2020 v1.5.7z, as is shown as being the latest, dating 29.09.2021m it this the wrong file?

I checked, and Vortex says it is for original Skyrim, but it is downloaded from the Se section, and is called SE?

So please help, i have tried doing thing correct, but it seems as if the file is somehow wrong?

The one you refer to, say it is for original SE? Which is even more confusing as this tread is for SE?

I had Zaz 7.0, which i though was fine, but will update to 8.0 + and see if this makes any different, but it did not. 

Thank for the comments and help so far, but I still havn't figured out what is wrong.

Edited by Simsoniter
1 hour ago, Simsoniter said:

The files i downloaded is called Wartimes - A Daughter's Tale SE 9-2020 v1.5.7z, as is shown as being the latest, dating 29.09.2021m it this the wrong file?

Not exactly wrong, but old. 1.5 is the last version pchs, the original creator uploaded. It has a lot of requirements - some of which are difficult in SE.

This is why I recommend Monomans version. Monoman does not play SE and develops for LE so all the updates he does are in the LE thread. You probably should get used to looking around in the SE and LE forums. There are quite a few authors that manage their stuff in one central thread in the LE forum.

The newest stable version is version 4.2 of wartimes. You can get it in the thread I linked above.

Then there is the new beta he posted just yesterday I think. Grab Yps Tweaked from here (does not need a conversion besides the .json file):

And my SE conversions here:

Beware it's beta. I only checked if the MCM worked and it seems to work fine.  I think it's pretty safe to play with Wartimes V 4.9.

The only hard requirements for Wartimes 4+ are Sexlab and Zaz.

If you want additional features you also need:

- Devious Devices (Boots and Bondage)

- Sexlab Survival (the linked beta version, for Cum Addiction, Licences, eviction and other goodies)

- Yps and Yps Tweaked (overwrite the regular yps immersive fashion for SE, with the tweak, rename the underwear SE.json to Underwear.json and replace the file from Yps Tweaked)

- Maybe a needs mod, I personally play with RND

- Sanguines Debauchery for slavery

- Simple Slavery for slavery

- SD Cages

- The new version also kinda needs UI extensions (dunno why exactly)

- Amputator Framework

- Fertility Mode (I recommend to use Fertility Mode Fixes from the nexus as well - works very well so far)

Display Model is also a soft requirement, but I have no idea what it does since I do not have it installed. The author of Display Model LE was very sure that simply porting the LE mod to SE is a bad idea and will break stuff. So I did not bother with it. The SE version/Beta will not work for Wartimes.

6 minutes ago, Silvain said:

Not exactly wrong, but old. 1.5 is the last version pchs, the original creator uploaded. It has a lot of requirements - some of which are difficult in SE.

Funny you should say that. I'm just now testing that last version converted over to SE. I managed to replace the dcc-dm2.esp in the master list for the mod to it's updated SE variant dse_display_model.esp. If it works, I'll let everyone know and probably pass it on to Nomkaz.

7 minutes ago, Adviser69 said:

Funny you should say that. I'm just now testing that last version converted over to SE. I managed to replace the dcc-dm2.esp in the master list for the mod to it's updated SE variant dse_display_model.esp. If it works, I'll let everyone know and probably pass it on to Nomkaz.

Nice, I hope it will play nicely.

But what does it actually do? I think it is used for the crawl animation, but is that it?

26 minutes ago, Silvain said:

Nice, I hope it will play nicely.

But what does it actually do? I think it is used for the crawl animation, but is that it?

Not quite. You know how ZaZ Animations adds furniture to be bound/tied to? Well, I'll Take the Display Model takes that a step further and has it to where the PC/NPC IS the furniture, setting them up as various types of display and even table and chair options. Not sure exactly how pchs worked it into this mod, but I'm about to find out.

After untold hardship i manage to get the mod to load in the game. And now a completely new problem. The mod is started, I am in the house. The quest ask me to read the Diary, I read it, and nothing happens, it does not recognise that I have read it, is there a workaround for that?

Also it was difficult to se how to start form the Mara statue, not sure what to select. So just selected to get our of the cell, and then coc pchswartimeshome (as someone else wrote) 

I seem to be doing all wrong. 

Hmm that did not happen to me before. If you use LAL you should have an option at the statue that says something along the lines of "I am a young farmer's daugther". For me the option was near the bottom.

If you select that it should just do it's thing and the quest should progress.

Did you coc directly from the LAL cell? If so this can cause issues because the intro quest needs to be completed.

If you use the new version (4.9) it may be a bug since it is a new feature that you can manually start the mod. Did you try the MCM option to manually start it? Maybe it helps.

7 minutes ago, Adviser69 said:

Not quite. You know how ZaZ Animations adds furniture to be bound/tied to? Well, I'll Take the Display Model takes that a step further and has it to where the PC/NPC IS the furniture, setting them up as various types of display and even table and chair options. Not sure exactly how pchs worked it into this mod, but I'm about to find out.

Ah okay, could be fun for certain scenes.

I know this problem is very common, but I cannot get Wartimes to work. When I load a save, I get a CTD, when I start a new game, I get a CTD. I have the latest sexlab + zaz, ss+, LAL, so on. I dont have any mods that change the area where the starting house is, I'm not hitting a limit with animations or anything. I tried a few different tweaks on this thread and the LE thread. Can't get past a CTD, any advice would help.

7 hours ago, Simsoniter said:

I downloaded the version for SE, which this forum is the support for.  eg. this one: 

I checked, and Vortex says it is for original Skyrim, but it is downloaded from the Se section, and is called SE?

So please help, i have tried doing thing correct, but it seems as if the file is somehow wrong?

The one you refer to, say it is for original SE? Which is even more confusing as this tread is for SE?

I had Zaz 7.0, which i though was fine, but will update to 8.0 + and see if this makes any different, but it did not. 

Thank for the comments and help so far, but I still havn't figured out what is wrong.

Vortex is crying about the ESP being in Form 43. Converting to Form 44 can and does break scripts, so I do not convert the esp to Form 44 as I only want to upload mods that work after being converted. Ignore Vortex, MO2 has the same feature, but it can be disabled. I don't know if Vortex has that ability, as I only use MO2.

10 hours ago, Silvain said:

Hmm that did not happen to me before. If you use LAL you should have an option at the statue that says something along the lines of "I am a young farmer's daugther". For me the option was near the bottom.

I only have the standard LAL option in the Mara statue, that is why I manually to start the quest, using the debug option. But when I do so, it briefly shows the house, and the intro text appear, and then im teleported back to the prison.

I quess it is ecause the "Start a new life quest" was not selected.

I have tried multiple configurations, new save every time, waited for all mod s to load, saved and then reloaded. I spent close to 3 hours trying to get it to work for me. 

(thank for all the help so far. ? )

On 5/25/2021 at 11:31 PM, AfrokingJ said:

once you choose a start like lockpicking or owning a house you can manually start the quest and it'll tell you to read the diary arthal.dll but reading the diary does nothing. if i knew the skip quest console command for it i could see if pushing past it actually started the quest. just trying to manually start wartimes before starting a backstory tends to teleport me into the house then a few seconds later back into the cell.

This excact same thing happens to me also.

4 minutes ago, Simsoniter said:

I only have the standard LAL option in the Mara statue, that is why I manually to start the quest, using the debug option. But when I do so, it briefly shows the house, and the intro text appear, and then im teleported back to the prison.

I quess it is ecause the "Start a new life quest" was not selected.

I have tried multiple configurations, new save every time, waited for all mod s to load, saved and then reloaded. I spent close to 3 hours trying to get it to work for me. 

(thank for all the help so far. ? )

Did you by any chance set the .esl flag for LAL? If so that could break any addons that rely on it, Wartimes wouldn't be an exception.

Then - just to be sure - make Wartimes loads after LAL.

If you use the manual start it is probably very important that you first select a regular LAL option. Let's say "Camping in the woods", sleep in the bed, let the quests finish and then use the manual start option.

LAL handles quite a few background processes when starting that are important for the game to function correctly. This is also the reason why some mods like iEquip or Yamete should only be activated after you left the LAL cell/done the intro quest.

10 hours ago, Samson Nite said:

Hound task works fine. But, horse task has no dialog menu  with 4.9 version. Was there any issue during conversion? Original version 1.5 had no issue with horse task.

Dunno, haven't played yet. I think the bug was in 4.2 and should be fixed. If not, accept the quest and do

"Set pchsTaskHorse to 1" in the console. Then talk to the horse again. If it is the same bug, it should work now.

On 6/29/2021 at 10:49 PM, nomkaz said:

Monoman1's Wartimes Tweak SE ( I sent them a copy as well)

Wartimes Tweak SE v4.2 (23-June-2021).7z 1.11 MB · 156 downloads

Whenever i install this i get a ctd every time i load a save, i have all the requirements and frnakly i'm at a loss, i don't know what to do

Dp you have any idea of what i could try to fix it?

Edit: nvm i found the problem i was using zaz 7 instead of zaz 8, if anyone CTDs on loading with this mod MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE LATEST VERSION OF ZAZ, it's on a link a below the description not on the download section

Edited by iceta
i'm an idiot