Daughter of Coldharbour - *Updated* 12/24/19

Daughter of Coldharbour

View File

"You awaken from the nightmare.The subsiding pain of the dream's ritual leaves you questioning reality.

It couldn't be real. No one could survive such savagery. Confused, you are unable to recall anything but the nightmare.....

in horrific detail....."

20191205195322_1.jpg

Vampires..... the single most feared of all known undead. Save one.....

Vampire lords? No. Fearful as they may be, there are far worse vampires to fear.

Vampires capable of things far worse than mere vampire lords or lesser vampires are capable of.

They are......

Daughters of Coldharbour

Now we've all heard the stories. We know how these rare undead come into existence.

We know of the brutal ritual they are forced to endure to become what they are. We know

that their lord and true master is none other than the Daedric Lord, Molag Bal.

We also know that this was the first of their kind:

ESO_Lamae_Bal.png

And her story goes:

The first Daughter of Coldharbour can be roughly dated back to at least the early First Era. Lamae Beolfag was a Nedic virgin who was

raped by Molag Bal. It is recorded that after the ordeal, Molag Bal shed a droplet of blood on her brow and left her to die.

During the night she passed into death, but as her funeral pyre was still burning she emerged as the first pure-blood vampire.

But what if there were something worse?

What if it so happened that a "born" vampire came into existence?

What if, upon coming of age, that true-born vampire were forced into Molag Bal's ritual?

What powers might the daedric lord bestow upon her?

What powers might her purest of all vampire blood possess?

What effect might such a horrific ordeal have on her psyche?

Worse yet....

what if she were the chosen Dragonborn?

The answers to these questions await. So make your choice.....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Playing this race, a vampire by every definition, you will be unique in a myriad of ways.

Never Human. A "born" vampire.

More powerful than ANY other vampire in existence.

Including the vampire lords.

Capable of whisking Harkon himself aside with a wave of your hand.

With the ability to descend upon your prey from the skies above.

But that's enough from me. Discover your own true power.....

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    12/14/2019
  • Category
  • Requires
    Dawnguard Dragonborn RaceCompatibility
  • Regular Edition Compatible
    No

DoC Ressurection Script.7z

55 minutes ago, shideduo said:

What is this mod for ?A

new vampire race?

Playing this race, a vampire by every definition, you will be unique in a myriad of ways.

It's pretty obvious when you take a few seconds to read a description. ?

2 minutes ago, RamasesII said:

Is this mod anything like the mod on Nexus for SE, or LE? https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/18118

No idea. Never saw that. But then, I don't frequent Nexus much.

However, after looking into that mod, my mod doesn't have any of the associated issues some users reported in the Nexus comments:

no feeding issues

works seamlessly with Better Vampires AND/OR Sacrosanct (I tested extensively with both separately and together)

no RaceCompatibility problems (uses ALL customization mods through RaceMenu without issue)

The only issue I ever noticed during testing was with Better Vampires. And it's actually a "non-issue" really. It seems Better Vampires scripts won't actually start until an initial feeding. But after that initial feeding, it's scripts fire off and everything runs smoothly as normal

This race has NO "human" counterpart. You start the game and live a permanent life as a powerful vampire. There is no cure.

Important note: I use this mod to bypass Fort Dawnguard and head straight to Dimhollow to rescue Serana.

Trykz

i havent tried those listed mods yet but testing a play through atm. and so far no crashes. works with my setup without any issue so far. was about to check those mods out but a thought hit me is when i get there to isran since i'm already a born vamp how would that transition happen. does the game i guess read all around the vamp or...maybe i'm thinking too deeply about this.

another note. the alternate start thing someone mentioned might be a good i idea. make an alternate start patch so if you wanted to could start a story about becoming a daighter of coldharbour. this setup has incredible story telling potential.

EDIT: ooo...i wonder if there is a way you can take serana's place for an alternate start....would be kinda cool in a way O.o

7 hours ago, Trykz said:

Added a few recommended mods which I use to give nice, smooth flight and hovering animations, as well as the mod I mentioned above to bypass Fort Dawnguard.

Trykz

Maybe you think about developing a story line adventure for this? Something not dependent on Skyrim or Dragonborn.

ok. tested on beginning play through with the mods. had pcea for quite a while a stple mod for people who use alot of anims and combat stuff. so far not one single crash whatsoever. ver smooth play through. as a matter of fact i think because of this mod i may have identified an occasional random crash bug i had before that would happen for no apparent reason because i was curious about some of the scripts you were using. i ended up finding an odd few scripts from a mod i use that was giving an odd error. i disabled the mod in game and since then no crashes. so thank you for making this mod ^^b

PS: i sincerely hope that a Alternate start colab can come about for a daughter of cold harbour start with a bit of an in depth story comes out. not tryin to put you up to the task. the idea just seems so novel and i dont think i've ever seen someone try that one before. sure there is the start as a vamp in a cave option but start as a daughter of cold harbour with a story that leads up to dragon born stuff or makes you the "Serana" in dawnguard just seems so interesting xD

1 hour ago, BigOnes69 said:

Maybe you think about developing a story line adventure for this? Something not dependent on Skyrim or Dragonborn.

Quests and scripting are not really strong points for me ?

I always convert my mods into master files after the primary build for others to use as a basis for whatever they want to expand into. From a simple follower to whatever they can imagine from their own capabilities. Doing this also allows me to add content later without making any alterations to the mod itself. Like the add-on I included in the download, it's contents were added after the base mod was complete.

I've always been fine with others adding things to my mods, so long as the original mod is in no way internally altered, and is listed as a separate, required file for whatever they add to release, that the user must download from here on LL. Of all the custom races I've built and released over the years, only ONE has had additional content built for it by someone other than me. And that's fine too. Just know that the capability for ANYONE to add content to my custom races is certainly there.

Trykz

ok. just had one odd bug that happened with no warning. it reverted back to being it's "born" vampire race and is no longer a quest given vampire. can't change shape. 

EDIT: serana can give you back the infection again but no weakness to fire and no vapiric seduction. so if it bugs like that before moth priest part may need to console command it to get past that part.  not that i want weakness to fire but without getting hungry you cant get vampiric seduction to clear the quest. which imo that part for the quest waas kind of a stupid choice to do by the dev's of skyrim :P

20 minutes ago, walkingfree2020 said:

ok. just had one odd bug that happened with no warning. it reverted back to being it's "born" vampire race and is no longer a quest given vampire. can't change shape. 

EDIT: serana can give you back the infection again but no weakness to fire and no vapiric seduction. so if it bugs like that before moth priest part may need to console command it to get past that part.  not that i want weakness to fire but without getting hungry you cant get vampiric seduction to clear the quest. which imo that part for the quest waas kind of a stupid choice to do by the dev's of skyrim :P

Did Harkon turn you into a vampire lord? I tested that part numerous times, and my transformation to and from VL went off without a hitch every time. Never had abilities get wiped. Never needed to be "re-infected".

What vampire mods are you using? Because it sounds like something is causing the vampirequestscript to misfire, or is otherwise breaking something. As stated earlier, I tested this mod extensively with Better Vampires, then Sacrosanct, and then BOTH of them together and never had any such issue.

If you're not running ANY other vampire mods, then that may be where the issue actually lies. I don't use the vanilla vampirequestscript. So haven't really had an opportunity to test it for that. It never occurred to me that a vanilla game would have an issue, because I didn't think anyone still played vanilla vampires LOL

Keep me posted.

Trykz

@Trykz woot, i loved the forest nymph race, still waiting on the angels and demons race (i honestly lost track of it) and now this.. ugh fresh start again. 

EDIT: Ok I use LAL (live another life) i had it pick i was beaten and left for dead and i don't regen.. anything. no stam, no magika. did i mess it up not choosing to be a vampire in the LAL?

EDIT EDIT: I'll try feeding and see if that kicks things off.

5 hours ago, Trykz said:

Did Harkon turn you into a vampire lord? I tested that part numerous times, and my transformation to and from VL went off without a hitch every time. Never had abilities get wiped. Never needed to be "re-infected".

What vampire mods are you using? Because it sounds like something is causing the vampirequestscript to misfire, or is otherwise breaking something. As stated earlier, I tested this mod extensively with Better Vampires, then Sacrosanct, and then BOTH of them together and never had any such issue.

If you're not running ANY other vampire mods, then that may be where the issue actually lies. I don't use the vanilla vampirequestscript. So haven't really had an opportunity to test it for that. It never occurred to me that a vanilla game would have an issue, because I didn't think anyone still played vanilla vampires LOL

Keep me posted.

Trykz

hey sorry. i ended up dozing off for a bit. insomnia can be a random bitch and then when you fall out in the recliner finally you wake feeling better but ticked off because it interrupted you when you was doing something xD. anyways. yeah i dont have any actual mods other than this one for the vamp stuff. the vamp mods that are online just dont exactly inspire me too much to download them and the ability tree uses for sancrosanct and other mods similar just arent what i'm looking for in a vampire play through. that's why i perked up so much when i seen this. a new type of vamp mod with TON's of potential to blow the rest out fo the water. i havent looked for other vamp mods that this could be compatible with yet. i may do that to se whaty else i can do with it. just never had good experiences in the past with altered vampire scripts on le and se mods xD

EDIT: forgot to answer. yes. he was the one who originally transformed me. i think i know when it happened. at the mill where you meet delphine to sneak into the thalmor party my vamp was feeling hungry. so i used vamp seduction on the wife there. fed and moved on. after that no more hunger and all the abilities from vamp lord disappeared. 

3 hours ago, jaeos said:

@Trykz woot, i loved the forest nymph race, still waiting on the angels and demons race (i honestly lost track of it) and now this.. ugh fresh start again. 

EDIT: Ok I use LAL (live another life) i had it pick i was beaten and left for dead and i don't regen.. anything. no stam, no magika. did i mess it up not choosing to be a vampire in the LAL?

Nope. You didn't mess up. You don't regen at all. That part is intentionally built-in. Claws of Molag and Soul Burn are your best friends when you need health, stamina, or magicka. If you are out of combat and only need magicka, go for a swim ? Or pray for rain. Fire is your enemy, but water is your greatest ally (but does nothing for your health).

I don't think the choice in LAL matters much. I personally use Skyrim Unbound for alternate start, and I don't think it matters much there either. The race is a born vampire. All spells and perks are baked right into the race. If you can feed without any issues, then all is well. If you cannot, I'd restart and take the disease in LAL's starting options. I never thought to test that bit, so let me know how you make out. But I don't foresee an issue since the spells and feeding perks are built in.

22 minutes ago, walkingfree2020 said:

hey sorry. i ended up dozing off for a bit. insomnia can be a random bitch and then when you fall out in the recliner finally you wake feeling better but ticked off because it interrupted you when you was doing something xD. anyways. yeah i dont have any actual mods other than this one for the vamp stuff. the vamp mods that are online just dont exactly inspire me too much to download them and the ability tree uses for sancrosanct and other mods similar just arent what i'm looking for in a vampire play through. that's why i perked up so much when i seen this. a new type of vamp mod with TON's of potential to blow the rest out fo the water. i havent looked for other vamp mods that this could be compatible with yet. i may do that to se whaty else i can do with it. just never had good experiences in the past with altered vampire scripts on le and se mods xD

I hear ya. However, Sacrosanct or Better Vampires reverse progression goes a long way toward the immersion aspect of playing a vampire. It never made much sense to me that a vampire would "weaken" after feeding. It's like having a meal when you aren't the least bit hungry. Makes no sense at all. The vanilla progression for a vampire is just completely ass-backward and senseless. Either way, both mods have extensive options that you can activate or deactivate to better suit your playstyle.

As far as compatibility goes, it should work with just about anything, because I made no changes to anything regarding vampire abilities or effects.

But if you find something that is incompatible, let me know so I can list it or devise a workaround.

Trykz

Flight and hover animations aren't playing properly. I only get the hover animation when jumping upward while in the air, and moving through the air plays the running animation. I downloaded and installed the two suggested mods, and ran FNIS afterward. ?

Edit: Also, the hover animations are playing for NPCs...

11 minutes ago, CrantiusColto said:

Flight and hover animations aren't playing properly. I only get the hover animation when jumping upward while in the air, and moving through the air plays the running animation. I downloaded and installed the two suggested mods, and ran FNIS afterward. ?

From the Nexus page for the original LE version of the animations:

To install with FNIS PCEA2, after installing FNIS PCEA2 do the following:

1. Extract my mod to your Skyrim Data folder
  2. Navigate to \Data\meshes\actors\character\animations\FNIS_PCEA2
  3. You will see xx_RohZima-ElegantFlyingAnimations
  4. You just need to change the xx at the beginning to a number 1-9 pick one you are not using
  5. Load the game and in the FNIS PCEA2 MCM menu you then check the RohZima-ElegantFlying option
  6. That's it.

That should resolve it. Let me know.

Trykz

2 hours ago, Trykz said:

Nope. You didn't mess up. You don't regen at all. That part is intentionally built-in. Claws of Molag and Soul Burn are your best friends when you need health, stamina, or magicka. If you are out of combat and only need magicka, go for a swim ? Or pray for rain. Fire is your enemy, but water is your greatest ally (but does nothing for your health).

I don't think the choice in LAL matters much. I personally use Skyrim Unbound for alternate start, and I don't think it matters much there either. The race is a born vampire. All spells and perks are baked right into the race. If you can feed without any issues, then all is well. If you cannot, I'd restart and take the disease in LAL's starting options. I never thought to test that bit, so let me know how you make out. But I don't foresee an issue since the spells and feeding perks are built in.

Ahh ok i didn't see in the description that you don't regen anything by design. i'll restart and play stock, i modav to stock skyrim settings on all 3 because they showed zero. thanks

Any word on the angels/demons WIP you had going last year?

4 hours ago, jaeos said:

Ahh ok i didn't see in the description that you don't regen anything by design. i'll restart and play stock, i modav to stock skyrim settings on all 3 because they showed zero. thanks

Any word on the angels/demons WIP you had going last year?

I still have quite a bit of work to do on A&D. Mostly on it's multiple faction controllers. Angel and Demon forms will cause a different reactionary response from different factions. Sort of along the lines of Kyne's Peace, but on a much grander scale.

IE: in Angel form, most animals and some typically hostile creatures will not run from or attack you. Conversely, the Thalmor, vampire, and hunter factions will attack you on sight for their own various reasons, requiring you to defend yourself, or use a calm ability on them to avoid an obviously unwinnable fight.

For now, I don't want to give away any more. But yes, it's still in my active development queue.

Trykz