Daughter of Coldharbour - *Updated* 12/24/19

1 hour ago, Trykz said:

Well, I'm fairly certain it's a shader that's causing that artifact on the face. I'd start by investigating your textures folder. It's definitely not the mod, or everyone using the mod would be reporting it. However, you might have something that's not agreeing with the textures in the BSA. Try pathing in some replacers to see if it goes away. If it doesn't, it's almost definitely a shader.

The .esm is the Master file of the mod. I format it that way for a number of reasons. Mostly to facilitate adding more to the mod without actually altering the base of the mod. Which is exactly what the add on .esp does. It adds all the conjurations as a completely separate mod, but requiring the .esm to function. Another reason is so end users can more easily create custom followers and such if they so choose, with no real way of corrupting the mod's base files.

As I stated earlier, with the extensive alterations of the mod you seek to achieve compatibility with, I have no idea. It's not a task I'd want to undertake. And I won't alter my own mod to facilitate it. I have a number of custom races on LL already, with a fair few still in the pipe. And trying to make all those mods work with one I didn't build myself is not something I want to do.

Sorry,

Trykz

No worries- I was simply curious. I've used a decent amount of race mods but never seen one with an .esm, but I can definitely see the usefulness behind what you're doing. And of course, if it would compromise the integrity of the mod I certainly wouldn't want you to try and change it to fit another mod ^^ it could just be one of those things where they simply aren't compatible, it happens.

1 hour ago, Sillius_Maximus said:

Yes.

Are you talkinga bout a specific setting in the BV MCM I can change?  If so- what specifically is it? if you recollect?

Yes, its this configuration under general options. i turned it off after half an hour time trying to figure it out what was causing this glitch

20191217193501_1.jpg

On 12/16/2019 at 7:31 PM, Trykz said:

Try running SoT on Spartan level, or D&D.

You'll rethink that assessment really quick LOL

I highly recommend this mod if you install SoT. Trust me. You'll be happy you did. Because loading back to a previous save made before you die just sucks. And if you aren't careful (especially at low level), shit will one-shot you back to where you stored your soul lickety split ?

I got wasted like 6 times in an hour by ONE skeleton with a freakin' crossbow, because you can't grab skeletons with Claws of Molag LOL

Trykz

ok she's not the bad-ass i thought originally.. but she is fun, my only complaint is the stam regen since stam is used for sprinting, swimming, anything except walking really. may modav that back to normal and see how it plays.

17 minutes ago, jaeos said:

ok she's not the bad-ass i thought originally.. but she is fun, my only complaint is the stam regen since stam is used for sprinting, swimming, anything except walking really. may modav that back to normal and see how it plays.

If you load up the add on in the Creation Kit, you can add stamina regen on the race form itself. If I recall correctly, default stamina regen is 5.0000

Changes like that are what the add on .esp is for. Modav would be easier, but changing it on the race form in the add on would insure it sticks permanently.

Either way, I'm glad you're having fun with it ?

Trykz

2 minutes ago, jaeos said:

oh she's a blast if you think of her as an old time general and stay in the back. as a lvl 5 i did the vampire lair for morthal. he listed as a lvl 65 with a daedric sword.. the minions had a field day with him.

If you think playing with the minions is fun now, just wait until you're high enough level to use an undead heal ?

14 hours ago, Trykz said:

If you think playing with the minions is fun now, just wait until you're high enough level to use an undead heal ?

i use the mixed unit, and i have the skeletons of daggerfall sound mod.. its truly frightening to hear them go off while they maul everything near you... its a howling from hell sound...

heres the mod (yes it says for skyrim but its fine in sse)

Just curious how or the best way to level your PC with DoC.  If you have any suggestions I would love your recommendations.   So far I have played about an hour with this mod.  I like what I have seen.  Nice job. Also I have not noticed if she also has any fangs and is feeding basically vanilla. 

5 hours ago, KillinCuzICan said:

What body does this race use? I installed it and it is not the one I was using before (custom preset), and I wanted to use that as all my armors and stuff were built for my custom preset, and the body included isn't to my liking. Any way to change it?

The body is CBBE

you can override the body with your preferred meshes/textures by creating and placing them in the following folder paths:

meshes\actors\character\Daughter of Coldharbour

textures\actors\character\Daughter of Coldharbour (replace ALL of the textures to avoid mismatch issues)

3 hours ago, cpatrianakos said:

Just curious how or the best way to level your PC with DoC.  If you have any suggestions I would love your recommendations.   So far I have played about an hour with this mod.  I like what I have seen.  Nice job. Also I have not noticed if she also has any fangs and is feeding basically vanilla. 

Skyrim's vanilla leveling sucks.

I use this mod to tailor the rate at which my character levels up.

Fangs are controlled by facial morphs for the mouth part. My mod makes no changes to the mouth, so unless you're using something custom, they should be there.

No alterations were made to the feeding mechanics or animations. So unless you have mods that alter them, they're vanilla by default.

Trykz

2 hours ago, Trykz said:

The body is CBBE

you can override the body with your preferred meshes/textures by creating and placing them in the following folder paths:

meshes\actors\character\Daughter of Coldharbour

textures\actors\character\Daughter of Coldharbour (replace ALL of the textures to avoid mismatch issues)

Skyrim's vanilla leveling sucks.

I use this mod to tailor the rate at which my character levels up.

Fangs are controlled by facial morphs for the mouth part. My mod makes no changes to the mouth, so unless you're using something custom, they should be there.

No alterations were made to the feeding mechanics or animations. So unless you have mods that alter them, they're vanilla by default.

Trykz

Thanks! I figured I would have to do something like that, and so I did! Works like a charm! This race is very fun to play as, and gives the denizens of Skyrim a true reason to fear the night. Thank you for it sir!

21 minutes ago, KillinCuzICan said:

Thanks! I figured I would have to do something like that, and so I did! Works like a charm! This race is very fun to play as, and gives the denizens of Skyrim a true reason to fear the night. Thank you for it sir!

You're welcome. I'm glad you're enjoying it ?

Trykz

I'm not sure how I could have forgotten to recommend this vampire player home mod. This home, along with it's expansion, really compliments and amplifies the immersion factor of this race. And it's pretty much the perfect place for all your vampire needs. I HIGHLY recommend it.

And don't forget to endorse if you download it. You'll be glad you did ?

Trykz

2 hours ago, Trykz said:

I'm not sure how I could have forgotten to recommend this vampire player home mod. This home, along with it's expansion, really compliments and amplifies the immersion factor of this race. And it's pretty much the perfect place for all your vampire needs. I HIGHLY recommend it.

Trykz

I found that mod a few years ago, and it has been my consistent go to - doesnt matter what im playing ... there is something so very enchanting about it....  it captures some interest or something of mine the same way the Old Karazhan dungeon in burning crusade(WOW) did... I had a story- quest I was working on but shuttled because i cant get any version of CK to work on my computer

Spoiler

Wrath of Lamae - or Lamae`s wrath.

TLDR: a bit of reenactment of the Lamae`s story.

The traveler gets word of an abandoned mansion with tomes of books (aka shrouded lair) is told to find someone named Eamal.   Eamal is found somewhere- place holder was temple of Dibella(markarth)  Traveler meets up with Eamal, perhaps does a quick quest or something, but basically as part of the dialogue tree...

Eamal: "would you like me to show you?"

player:" Yes"

<on yes> player and Eamal are transported to the shrouded lair.  the player wakes up, sleeping on the floor.   Eamal is there, but in her true form - a succubus. (I had imagined a futa succubus to better encapsulate "domination" which comes next).

Basically, once Eamals true form and true name are revealed, Lamae visits the same domination, torture, on the player that was visited on her by molag.  Player cant leave the mansion by any means(baring cheating- console commands).   Over a period of days, the player is abused and harassed constantly by any imaginable- sexlab means.   

Days 1-7:
Day 1-3: beaten, abused, raped, multiple times an hour.  Cant talk to Eamal

Day 4-5: same as above, but multiple times a day- limited talk with Eamal  "why do this to me" because i can, you are my plaything" close of day 5, eamal infects you with <vamparism>

Day 6:Eamal begins to loose intrest in you, 
Day 7:  (not sure how exactly this fits in story wise yet) but Serena finds you, defeats the succubus, and basically saves you. you are left with  the mansion, vamparism, and serena as the "reward" or recompense for your struggle...

thats as TLDR as i could get of it all lol...  I spend too much time thinking of stories vs playing :X

When I 1st saw this I thought it would include the player starting with the Vampire Lord vampirism and Serana and Valerica would also get the new powers/abilities.  Aren't they both already Daughter's of Coldharbour in the game?  The player would be able to make tainted arrows for Aurel's bow without Serana.  Harkon wouldn't offer his blood since you'd already be a vampire lord.  Serana couldn't be cured, to match the player's situation.

Edit:  I wasn't thinking about the vamp lord disease in the right context.  It's a secondary condition, so in theory Serana could still be cured of the VL vampirisim while still remaining a DoCH in race instead of becoming mortal human.  Fewer changes to the quests, I hope.  Been meaning to take a stab at making something...maybe I can get a working addon in this vein (pun not intended...maybe...)?

36 minutes ago, 4nk8r said:

When I 1st saw this I thought it would include the player starting with the Vampire Lord vampirism and Serana and Valerica would also get the new powers/abilities.  Aren't they both already Daughter's of Coldharbour in the game?  The player would be able to make tainted arrows for Aurel's bow without Serana.  Harkon wouldn't offer his blood since you'd already be a vampire lord.  Serana couldn't be cured to match the player's situation.

Harkon, Valerica, and Serana were all "turned" according to ES lore. After which Valerica and Serana both endured the ritual with Molag Bal.

Meaning they were once "non-vampires". The VL power isn't granted by the ritual that turns a female vampire into a Daughter of Coldharbour. Therefore, one has nothing to do with the other:

The Vampire Lord is a powerful type of vampire, being much closer to being pure-blooded, although they do not necessarily have to be. (source)

Hence, as Daughters of Coldharbour, Valerica and Serana are "pure-bloods". Harkon, while "more pure" than a common vampire, is not.

This race expands into the coming of the first "born" vampire. Never "human", never "turned", but "always" a vampire who goes through the ritual after coming of age, and being left with no recollection of anything prior to the ritual.

Serana can be cured because she was once human. The player was not, so there's nothing to cure.

Hopefully that explains things ?

Trykz

2 hours ago, Trykz said:

Harkon, Valerica, and Serana were all "turned" according to ES lore. After which Valerica and Serana both endured the ritual with Molag Bal.

Meaning they were once "non-vampires". The VL power isn't granted by the ritual that turns a female vampire into a Daughter of Coldharbour. Therefore, one has nothing to do with the other:

Hence, as Daughters of Coldharbour, Valerica and Serana are "pure-bloods". Harkon, while "more pure" than a common vampire, is not.

This race expands into the coming of the first "born" vampire. Never "human", never "turned", but "always" a vampire who goes through the ritual after coming of age, and being left with no recollection of anything prior to the ritual.

Serana can be cured because she was once human. The player was not, so there's nothing to cure.

Hopefully that explains things ?

Trykz

I was equating a ritual-created pure blood vampire to a "born" vampire, but I was getting there from the context that the "first" vampire was created via the same ritual, by Molag Bal, making the player race a descendant of her by the very same origin.  I was also thinking the other forms of vampirism are Molag Bal's version of an STD.  I'd made this leap in logic without fully reading the description for your mod.  I guess Serana could go through a 2nd ritual with Molag Bal for another undead powerup to get similar powers...

Wait...this idea means that Molag Bal is the born vamp's great x 10 ^ infinity grandfather...and the ritual with the player becomes a kind of incest...

4 hours ago, 4nk8r said:

Wait...this idea means that Molag Bal is the born vamp's great x 10 ^ infinity grandfather...and the ritual with the player becomes a kind of incest...

Perhaps......

but with no recollection of events prior to the ritual, which the player only recalls "after" waking up, a LOT is left open to suggestion:

who are the player's ancestors?

what circumstances led to the "birth" of a vampire?

is the player capable of continuing this "purest of all" bloodlines?

does the player "already have" descendants?

when was this new breed of vampire actually born? And where?

does the "birth" of the player actually pre-date the turning of Serana and her parents, and her subsequently being hidden by her mother?

but most importantly considering the timing of the player's arrival in Skyrim: is this an "awakening", or perhaps a "divine intervention" to help insure success in dealing with the "Alduin problem"?

These are the questions I considered while developing this race. No matter what type of race I'm developing, it always stems from the vanilla premise of the player either "waking up" in Skyrim, or having already had descendants there. I always try to create a multitude of tie-ins that help the race make sense from a multitude of perspectives, to help give it's presence in Skyrim legitimacy.

Trykz

On 12/19/2019 at 8:56 AM, Trykz said:

Trykz

i realize it's YOUR race. But looking at that makes me want to cringe. You were born in coldharbour as a vampire. (yes I'm using ESO online for this argument) ColdHarbour looks like a normal town with stone walls, streets, etc. and in the vampire realm you are royalty. You are not some whore, trollop or poppit that lived through a night of rape. You are the daughter of Molag Bal (I did do some mental thought to get here. You are not once a human, you are straight up from conception a vampire. So with that thought that means a vampire and Molag Bal did the nasty again (as far as i know vampires are sterile but a god could easily overcome that)) As daddys little girl you wouldn't live in a lair. You would live in a castle. I used this castle in the original skyrim. Yes you build it. It also has a massive armoury down stairs, and a pool.

7 hours ago, Rookr said:

I can't get better vampires to work with this at all. Every time I feed I get the notification that I'm a fledgling vampire and none of the resets or troubleshooting in the better vampires MCM seems that change that.

Check your installed mods for possible conflicts. And make sure you followed the instructions for installing RaceCompatibility with Better Vampires support. I tested this with Better Vampires (exclusively and with Sacrosanct) for over a week, and had no issues.

4 hours ago, jaeos said:

i realize it's YOUR race. But looking at that makes me want to cringe. You were born in coldharbour as a vampire. (yes I'm using ESO online for this argument) ColdHarbour looks like a normal town with stone walls, streets, etc. and in the vampire realm you are royalty. You are not some whore, trollop or poppit that lived through a night of rape. You are the daughter of Molag Bal (I did do some mental thought to get here. You are not once a human, you are straight up from conception a vampire. So with that thought that means a vampire and Molag Bal did the nasty again (as far as i know vampires are sterile but a god could easily overcome that)) As daddys little girl you wouldn't live in a lair. You would live in a castle. I used this castle in the original skyrim. Yes you build it. It also has a massive armoury down stairs, and a pool.

How you perceive the mod's various unanswered (or unanswerable) questions is for your own interpretation by design.

I try not to draw from singular sources of ES lore, but more a mixture of known snippets from across the entire ES spectrum, so users can roleplay my race mods however they choose. It allows them to interpret their own answers to the many questions I leave unanswered.

And with the wide variety of mods available, and how they can mixed and matched, every player is afforded a pretty unique experience ?

Trykz

I found a Minor glitch  .when using with better vampires. Nothing game breaking or anything and it might just be on my side honestly. But when feeding It updates everything in BV but there's no counts or stats in better vampires so you know when you are closer to going up in ranks or how many more necks you need to bite off. But it progresses even withe counts being visible so like i said nothing major. Tring to fix this however has proved...iffy as trying to reset better vampires or blanking it changes my race lol so cant use BV to clear the issue.

Also having a slight issue trying to get the body  files to use mine. Copied nifs and  textures to your folders you mention in earlier post but its like it takes the shape and ignores all the physics skeletons.. Probably my own personal retardation and I made a mistake somewhere. Or copied wrong files.

Updated the add-on plug-in to reduce the timers on

all of the creature summons to 10 minutes. I meant to

make this change before I released the mod, but

completely forgot about it.

This update also adds a new spell to summon

a vampire cattle for you to feed upon. The summon

will only last for 90 seconds, so don't expect it to fight.

It will simply stand around and wait to die if you

ignore it.

That said, it has no other limitations. So be wary that

it CAN likely be used to abuse both BV and

Sacrosanct's vampire advancement mechanics.

So TRY to use it responsibly if you use those mods.

You'll find the file on the download page.

Trykz