Daughter of Coldharbour - *Updated* 12/24/19

27 minutes ago, Trykz said:

Updated the add-on plug-in to reduce the timers on

all of the creature summons to 10 minutes. I meant to

make this change before I released the mod, but

completely forgot about it.

This update also adds a new spell to summon

a vampire cattle for you to feed upon. The summon

will only last for 90 seconds, so don't expect it to fight.

It will simply stand around and wait to die if you

ignore it.

That said, it has no other limitations. So be wary that

it CAN likely be used to abuse both BV and

Sacrosanct's vampire advancement mechanics.

So TRY to use it responsibly if you use those mods.

You'll find the file on the download page.

Trykz

so 18 hours wasn't by design? damn i was getting used to a horde of "things" following me. i just went through falion's cure the vampire quest. i can walk in the daytime again but... i'll see if i can still feed..

On 12/19/2019 at 5:42 AM, Trykz said:

The body is CBBE

you can override the body with your preferred meshes/textures by creating and placing them in the following folder paths:

meshes\actors\character\Daughter of Coldharbour

textures\actors\character\Daughter of Coldharbour (replace ALL of the textures to avoid mismatch issues)

7 hours ago, Itolard said:

Is there any chance you could make this race compatible with CBBE Bodyslide?

It's like.... MAGIC or something ?

Trykz

Is there a way to change the appearance of the nude character while using your race? As it looks yours is built with leyenda skin or some other skin retexture mod and it doesn't have "Build morhps" checked in BodySlide, therefore I am unable to change the character scales in racemenu.

Also I can't find the body in BodySlide to rebuild it myself.

Any help would be appreciated. 

EDIT: alright after reading some others posts it makes sense that I can't get it to work because you don't support custom body textures.

So could you please unpack the BSA where the body textures are in and have the game read its location out of a folder instead? Just so we could easily build the body in BodySlide and then move the files into that folder so we can use our own body textures. That would be real nice !

55 minutes ago, Dajovve said:

Is there a way to change the appearance of the nude character while using your race? As it looks yours is built with leyenda skin or some other skin retexture mod and it doesn't have "Build morhps" checked in BodySlide, therefore I am unable to change the character scales in racemenu.

Also I can't find the body in BodySlide to rebuild it myself.

Any help would be appreciated. 

EDIT: alright after reading some others posts it makes sense that I can't get it to work because you don't support custom body textures.

So could you please unpack the BSA where the body textures are in and have the game read its location out of a folder instead? Just so we could easily build the body in BodySlide and then move the files into that folder so we can use our own body textures. That would be real nice !

Let me get this right.....

you want me to unpack the BSAs, then repackage the mod as loose files, then re-upload the mod, because you don't understand how override folders work?

No.

Trykz

11 minutes ago, Sillius_Maximus said:

CAO would do something like that? or is op asking for more than that?

See my post DIRECTLY above his. In that post, I detailed exactly what folders are necessary, and where they need to be, into which the user can place their own meshes and textures for the body. It's a simple, basic process, that mod users have taken advantage of since moddable games became a thing. Any folder created outside of a BSA that uses the exact folder names and locations, are known as "override" folders. Meaning that because they're loose folders, any files placed inside (that match the files in the BSA), will override the files IN the BSA, and display in their place.

Any user that cannot understand and implement such a simple, old, and basic staple method for modding their Data folder, should NOT be modding their Data folder until they at least learn the basics.

Trykz

13 hours ago, Berethor9331 said:

I've started a new character with this mod and love it so far, I just noticed that all of the intimate dialog is with men only. Is there a way to modify the files or a patch that would open up the same dialog with other women?

There's nothing to prevent it in the mod. It's a race mod. It doesn't alter dialogue or contain gender restrictions of any kind.

What you're looking for is in one of the adult mods you have installed. A SexLab setting perhaps? Or a setting in a mod that adds/alters dialogue? No idea.

Trykz

On 12/29/2019 at 12:05 AM, Trykz said:

Let me get this right.....

you want me to unpack the BSAs, then repackage the mod as loose files, then re-upload the mod, because you don't understand how override folders work?

No.

Trykz

Oh sorry I didn't mean to offend you. I just didn't see your post above. Kinda hard to read everything in every thread if you're kind of a beginner and want to get stuff done quickly. Totally my bad.

I got it now thanks to your explanation. Wasn't aware such things as override folders existed.

Have a good one mate

9 hours ago, Dajovve said:

Oh sorry I didn't mean to offend you. I just didn't see your post above. Kinda hard to read everything in every thread if you're kind of a beginner and want to get stuff done quickly. Totally my bad.

I got it now thanks to your explanation. Wasn't aware such things as override folders existed.

Have a good one mate

No worries. I'm glad you got things sorted.

Trykz

I don't know if it's by design or simple oversight that the DoC race don't have any innate base regen for Health/Stamina/Magicka?

It does however make a lot of enchantments useless as they give a boost to the base regen, fx 25% faster health regen. Well 25% increase of 0 is still 0.

It's fairly simple for people to fix themselves if they are familiar with the Creation Kit or SSEEdit.

On 12/15/2019 at 8:45 PM, Trykz said:

Nope. You didn't mess up. You don't regen at all. That part is intentionally built-in. Claws of Molag and Soul Burn are your best friends when you need health, stamina, or magicka. If you are out of combat and only need magicka, go for a swim ? Or pray for rain. Fire is your enemy, but water is your greatest ally (but does nothing for your health).

I don't think the choice in LAL matters much. I personally use Skyrim Unbound for alternate start, and I don't think it matters much there either. The race is a born vampire. All spells and perks are baked right into the race. If you can feed without any issues, then all is well. If you cannot, I'd restart and take the disease in LAL's starting options. I never thought to test that bit, so let me know how you make out. But I don't foresee an issue since the spells and feeding perks are built in.

4 hours ago, Korella said:

I don't know if it's by design or simple oversight that the DoC race don't have any innate base regen for Health/Stamina/Magicka?

It does however make a lot of enchantments useless as they give a boost to the base regen, fx 25% faster health regen. Well 25% increase of 0 is still 0.

It's fairly simple for people to fix themselves if they are familiar with the Creation Kit or SSEEdit.

Most vampire overhauls remove regens by design. I chose to make it a feature of the race. Please read the thread, or simply ask, BEFORE suggesting that something might be broken.

Thanks,

Trykz

On 12/21/2019 at 10:23 AM, Trykz said:

Check your installed mods for possible conflicts. And make sure you followed the instructions for installing RaceCompatibility with Better Vampires support. I tested this with Better Vampires (exclusively and with Sacrosanct) for over a week, and had no issues.

How you perceive the mod's various unanswered (or unanswerable) questions is for your own interpretation by design.

I've double checked the load order and followed the install and fix instructions and still it wont progress and just keeps saying that im a fledgling. im at a loss @Rookr did you manage to get it to work?

edit after looking into it loot is saying that daughters of coldharbour has a master requirement to load after RaseCompatibilityUSKPOveride.esp and the RC nexus page says it needs to be the opposite is this the problem?

19 hours ago, Alfred2020 said:

I've double checked the load order and followed the install and fix instructions and still it wont progress and just keeps saying that im a fledgling. im at a loss @Rookr did you manage to get it to work?

edit after looking into it loot is saying that daughters of coldharbour has a master requirement to load after RaseCompatibilityUSKPOveride.esp and the RC nexus page says it needs to be the opposite is this the problem?

The mod itself doesn't have ANY requirement outside of RaceCompatibility and the listed DLCs. That said, in my load order, RaseCompatibilityUSKPOveride.esp loads well AFTER my mod. It HAS to. My mod is a Master file (.esm), and the override is a plugin. And I have/had zero issues with Better Vampires OR Sacrosanct.

The problem isn't the mod. It's something in your load order. Let me know what/if you find anything, and if you do, I'll list it as an incompatibility.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Trykz

okay one quick question im a newbie when it comes to modding i only use vortex cause it makes it really easy and i just want to make sure i did everything right. so after you download the mod and unzip the folder you see a folder that says data and when you click on it all your file addons for the mods are there. do you simply then just drag and drop those addons into the skyrim data folder? or do i need to drag the whole folder in there?     again sorry for the easy question i just really wanna make sure im doing this right cause i dragged all the addons or whatever you call them into the skyrim data folder but when started up the game and made a new character i didnt see the doc race in the racemenu or do you just need to make a character like normal and become a vampire to work? 

and thank you for your hard work this looks like an awesome mod?

I am having a weird issue with Better Vampires . I can feed But it like I am constantly before my first feeding (keep telling me i am a fledgling even if i feed 20 times) I look at the status and it says its not using the scripts and I am not flagged as a vampire. This and better vampires and Better Vampire Npcs are the only vampire mods i have that are more than just clothing textures.

any suggestions appreciated

On 1/8/2020 at 9:26 PM, Alfred2020 said:

Im having the same issue Ive gone thru load order. reinstalling and everything just keeps saying im a fledgling I only have this and Better vampires nothing should be messing with the scripts but they wont fire for some reason.. if you find a fix let me know.

Before ANYTHING else, look at the "necks bitten" stat in the pause menu to see if it's counting there (many folks don't even realize this stat exists)

20200110181644_1.jpg

if it is, try this:

Test Script.7z

Be sure to back up your current playervampirequestscript.pex BEFORE trying this. This is the script I'm currently using. I have no source for it, and I don't know that it will work for BV. I'm currently running Sacrosanct, so it may be from that mod.

If the script works for BV, great. If it doesn't, well, I'm out of ideas.

Trykz

For the sake of being thorough, I tested my own DoC character. Sacrosanct doesn't have a "necks bitten" stat to track that I know of, but I've gotten EVERY advancement message through "blooded" without fail. The "Blue Blood" quest started IMMEDIATELY upon first feeding as well back when I first created the character weeks ago. And the games built-in "necks bitten" stats counts every single bite without fail:

20200110183930_1.jpg

I then summoned a cattle to feed upon and:

20200110184008_1.jpg

Again, the issue is NOT with this mod. It's performing flawlessly for well over 1,800 users. If you "race swapped" a previously created character using console commands or showracemenu, then your issues likely began there. Unfortunately, that's also the point where any support I can or will provide stops.

Aside from that, it's simple common sense. If the mod works flawlessly within the game's engine, or with other vampire overhauls, then the problem MUST lie with the mod(s) you're experiencing issues with.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but these issues are caused by/within a mod I didn't create. And unfortunately, I have other mods in development to move on to.

Trykz

ok so i have a theory.  i created a new character as a DOC, used LAL to start as a vampire and it worked perfectly. so im wondering if getting infected naturally instead of feeding is less likely to break it?  the other thing i did was move the sexual vampire feed (wich probably uses the feed thing to work) to after BV and DOC 

upside i know it works with my mods 
downside still don't know what broke it to begin with going to keep testing

3 hours ago, Trykz said:

For the sake of being thorough, I tested my own DoC character. Sacrosanct doesn't have a "necks bitten" stat to track that I know of, but I've gotten EVERY advancement message through "blooded" without fail. The "Blue Blood" quest started IMMEDIATELY upon first feeding as well back when I first created the character weeks ago. And the games built-in "necks bitten" stats counts every single bite without fail:

20200110183930_1.jpg

I then summoned a cattle to feed upon and:

20200110184008_1.jpg

Again, the issue is NOT with this mod. It's performing flawlessly for well over 1,800 users. If you "race swapped" a previously created character using console commands or showracemenu, then your issues likely began there. Unfortunately, that's also the point where any support I can or will provide stops.

Aside from that, it's simple common sense. If the mod works flawlessly within the game's engine, or with other vampire overhauls, then the problem MUST lie with the mod(s) you're experiencing issues with.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but these issues are caused by/within a mod I didn't create. And unfortunately, I have other mods in development to move on to.

Trykz

No didn't race swap started from completely new game thats what makes it so wierd did everything to try to avoid issues and fine the one weird one that should really be happening cause i only have better vampire and this as far as vampire mods go. Ironically the nexus daughter of coldharbor mod never seemed to work right for me either. oh well guess sill spend my weekend  trying to find the issue.

Thanks for responding

42 minutes ago, Cilence said:

No didn't race swap started from completely new game thats what makes it so wierd did everything to try to avoid issues and fine the one weird one that should really be happening cause i only have better vampire and this as far as vampire mods go. Ironically the nexus daughter of coldharbor mod never seemed to work right for me either. oh well guess sill spend my weekend  trying to find the issue.

Thanks for responding

Did you try the script I posted above?

If you do, don't forget to back up your original.

Trykz

7 minutes ago, Trykz said:

Did you try the script I posted above?

If you do, don't forget to back up your original.

Trykz

haven't tried your script yet just wanted to try one more thing before i confused myself. definitely not your mod. Tried just starting with a vanilla Breton vampire and having the same problem.. seems Better vampires or something is on the fritz