8 hours ago, Reginald_001 said:

It's the second option in the holotape for recruiting non-standard followers.

I think I did try that and it seemed to work but all of her unique dialogue was gone.  It's the patching that I'm hopeless at.  I've done three play throughs just with Ivy (I may be mildly obsessed) so I decided to toss the dice this time around and try her out with several companions and UCF.  I know it'll eventually break functionality but... in the meanwhile I'm enjoying blowing things up, surrounded by a small army of hot women.

On 8/8/2021 at 2:03 PM, Reginald_001 said:

Most likely not compatible on Darlene. But you can try the alternative recruitment method. But Darlene has quite a few scripts that manage her custom affinity and likely she'd need some patching for RAMFM.

Would the "ADA solution" work with RAM-FM? Not recruit Darlene, dismiss Ivy, recruit Darlene normally, recruit Ivy using RAM-FM holotape? I suppose that's what you meant by "alternate recruitment method?"

Edited by Rampdog
9 minutes ago, Rampdog said:

Would the "ADA solution" work with RAM-FM? Not recruit Darlene, dismiss Ivy, recruit Darlene normally, recruit Ivy using RAM-FM holotape? I suppose that's what you meant by "alternate recruitment method?"

Ivy doesn't work like that, as much as Darlene doesn't work like that. But it's worth a shot.

On 8/7/2021 at 3:53 PM, ShamusTheThird said:

Ahhh... didn't know about the holotape!  And I think it must be something on my end for Discord.  Where I would have typed the question, it just kept saying 'the module has failed to load' or something.  I'll give this a shot.  Thanks for the quick response!

edit: worked beautifully!

re-edit: I spoke too soon.  I did the dialogue with Darlene but turned down her offer to travel with me... then recruited her with the holotape and everything seemed fine until I spoke to her again, and she asked if I wanted to travel together.  If I refuse, she just keeps offering that same dialogue and if I accept, I dismiss Ivy.  I know it says in the 'How to Use' section not to use it on custom followers so... maybe it's just not compatible with Darlene?

Darlene is not fully compatible with Ivy, they can be installed at the same time, but they can't be recruited together, has one of them will have broken dialogue(both need to occupy the first slot for their dialogue work properly), playing with either one solo is fine

Hi all,

Pardon my ignorance. I understand I will miss a lot of content if  I install this in the middle of a playthrough, but will that affect the ability to obtain and complete all remaining quests/affinity/content? I accept that may mean wading through the console to skip and jump to a particular progression point.

Sorry if this has already been answered before. I understand the FAQ mentioned "it would just work" in a current game. I have never installed an older version of Ivy and with 6.0 around the corner I would hope to figure out a 'New Game Plus' solution to carry over my extensive inventory (hundreds of gameplay & crafting hours) into a brand new save from scratch. I want to 'test drive' 5.3 in a current game in the meantime.

Thank you

Edited by GMLP

"Poison Ivy"

Even an overdose won't kill you, but I'm addicted, thank you Reginald.

Her name is not inspired by Jagger/Richards?

Still on 4.0, I'm looking for new Outfits before updating (copy and paste initial game backup).

I'll keep a part of the old LL Hookers Outfit and French Maid Fo4. New is VTAW Wardrobe, what else do you recommend?

What to avoid with Ivy 5.3?

Follower mods, except "Better Companions - No Conflicts" (does not edit any vanilla records and scripts)?

Fine with Ivy 4.0.

XDI, even not fine with Ivy 4.0. Ivy had new comments on SS 1 magazines after getting rid of XDI....

Did not read all 83 pages, but came across: avoid mods altering wedding ring - spouse.

What else should a mod user delete/avoid in her/his loadout?

THX

50 minutes ago, Anthek said:

"Poison Ivy"

Even an overdose won't kill you, but I'm addicted, thank you Reginald.

Her name is not inspired by Jagger/Richards?

Still on 4.0, I'm looking for new Outfits before updating (copy and paste initial game backup).

I'll keep a part of the old LL Hookers Outfit and French Maid Fo4. New is VTAW Wardrobe, what else do you recommend?

There's HumanNature66's EasyGirl and TRS Outfits. If you're into apocalypse skimpy you can look at Absolutely Skimpy Attire. All are on Nexus.

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/19596

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/47810

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/30899

10 hours ago, GMLP said:

Hi all,

Pardon my ignorance. I understand I will miss a lot of content if  I install this in the middle of a playthrough, but will that affect the ability to obtain and complete all remaining quests/affinity/content? I accept that may mean wading through the console to skip and jump to a particular progression point.

Sorry if this has already been answered before. I understand the FAQ mentioned "it would just work" in a current game. I have never installed an older version of Ivy and with 6.0 around the corner I would hope to figure out a 'New Game Plus' solution to carry over my extensive inventory (hundreds of gameplay & crafting hours) into a brand new save from scratch. I want to 'test drive' 5.3 in a current game in the meantime.

Thank you

Ivy is designed to be your companion throughout the game. In terms of herself, and her own quests and your relationship with Ivy, no, you will catch up as you travel. But she still has a lot to say on areas you have passed through already.  Personally, I would not start Ivy in the middle of a game, I would start a clean one and pick her up from the beginning. 

I'm not sure what went wrong but all of a sudden Ivy's "Local Teleport Signal" aid item to get her near me just stopped working all together and it gets used up. I would have to either craft another or use console. I checked the holotap settings and teleport is enabled.

Edited by Jaysjunk
On 8/10/2021 at 7:28 PM, bishlapped said:

start a clean one and pick her up from the beginning

Yeah, Ivy is a mod that you play using a Bethesda game. Trying to start using Ivy anytime after playing for a bit is basically missing 'content'.

11 hours ago, Jaysjunk said:

I'm not sure what went wrong but all of a sudden Ivy's "Local Teleport Signal" aid item to get her near me just stopped working all together and it gets used up. I would have to either craft another or use console. I checked the holotap settings and teleport is enabled.

Dismiss her and rehire her, then try again.

1 hour ago, tuxagent7 said:

Firts time with Ivy ! Love the intro

Hope she take care of me cause i suck in combat :P

I play with Nate from dual survivor and use your follower mod with it

Ivy firts and Nate second

Through your Holotape she gives you, you can configure her combat architype. Her default, the one I primarily use, You can set her as a Sniper, you can set her as Melee, and you can set her to use Heavy weapons. She can really be anything you want with how she fights. I tend to have her back me up and I take point, but you can use commands to send her in ahead if you want to. She's deadly, and as you progress through her quests, she gets even deadlier.

Yep, Just play with her combat configurations and find the fighting style you like. Give her a heavy gatling laser and watch things melt.

But I usually play a sniper, so I leave her as plan B. Basically, If I snipe, fine, mob dead. But sometimes, there are too many to snipe, or things just get out of control, and that's when Ivy comes to my rescue.

On 8/11/2021 at 9:28 AM, bishlapped said:

Ivy is designed to be your companion throughout the game. In terms of herself, and her own quests and your relationship with Ivy, no, you will catch up as you travel. But she still has a lot to say on areas you have passed through already.  Personally, I would not start Ivy in the middle of a game, I would start a clean one and pick her up from the beginning. 

Ok understood. So let’s say I start a brand new game, does upgrading to a newer version of the mod require restarting from the beginning again? And is that impacted by how extensive the upgrade is? I assume 5.2 to 5.3 would be less extensive (to a point a new game is required) than 5.3 to 6.0.

3 minutes ago, Reginald_001 said:

Ivy 6 will require a new game that had no previous version of Ivy ever active inside of the game.

eg: "Ivy 6 needs a 100% clean fresh game"

Great. Thanks mate. Top work as always. Will be waiting.

3 hours ago, Reginald_001 said:

Ivy 6 will require a new game that had no previous version of Ivy ever active inside of the game.

eg: "Ivy 6 needs a 100% clean fresh game"

This is a good thing. You are going to want to do this for sure. I've seen some of the live streaming tests. With Ivy 6. You are going to want to catch her from the beginning. You will not want to miss one line of dialogue from her.

7 hours ago, bishlapped said:

This is a good thing. You are going to want to do this for sure. I've seen some of the live streaming tests. With Ivy 6. You are going to want to catch her from the beginning. You will not want to miss one line of dialogue from her.

Sorry for being particularly dense, but I'm assuming this means a new game start, not a new game install, correct?

2 hours ago, bishlapped said:

Yes, I am talking about clicking "NEW" on the launch page for a new game.

Yes that, or load a 'fresh/clean' save, from right out of the vault that had no version of Ivy previously active. I call this a 'Mr. Clean' save, which was made with only Fallout4 vanilla active, played right up to the point where you emerge from the vault, and right before you finalize your character in the elevator. If you have one of those you never need to play through the intro again. ;)