48 minutes ago, IBAGadget said:

This replaces his Red Rocket Basement I guess?

There are some of us who are terrible at interior decorating using the settlement framework. (You should see how bad my Mechanists lair turns out) And having watched some of Reg's videos when he would stream his testing of Ivy 6, we got to see his version of his Red Rocket basement. So we asked for an export of it. But instead, he created an entirely separate mod.

20 hours ago, bishlapped said:

There are some of us who are terrible at interior decorating using the settlement framework. (You should see how bad my Mechanists lair turns out) And having watched some of Reg's videos when he would stream his testing of Ivy 6, we got to see his version of his Red Rocket basement. So we asked for an export of it. But instead, he created an entirely separate mod.

And we love him for doing so!

:)

When Hyper Combat goes seriously wrong.

image.png.0d0dcdb79df79a3d42eea09b05aaad76.png

Meanwhile, back in the Commonwealth...

"Who the fuck are you? And where's Ivy?"

image.png.7d592789685f081ccb49e84ea085a455.png

Edited by Guest
10 hours ago, asebw said:

Just checking in to see if there have been any new updates on Ivy.

Hey! Any major updates will be posted here and on Ivy's Youtube channel.

For all the latest developments check out the Ivy League discord. Lurk there in the announcements channel where all news is always posted first.

It does seem like Nexus screwed the pooch on the rollout. There really needed to be an opt out. At the very least because some mods still in production will not react will to being updated mid game. Or just because authors don't want the headache of error shooting crappy mod packages. -- As an end user however, I really do look forward to being able to one click install things right. Currently working 9.5 hour shifts 5 days a week and really don't want to spend several hours tinkering with my load order... but thats more of a me problem :P

I'm hoping someone can help me out... I tried Ivy's Discord but there's no one there so I figured I'd check here.  I'm using the follower mod (RAF) and have Heather and Darlene in my game.  Heather is of course no problem but as soon as I recruit Darlene, it automatically dismisses Ivy.  I've got RAF right at the bottom of my load order and it's a clean install of FO4 so there shouldn't be any remnants of old mods.  Just want to make sure I'm not missing a step.

58 minutes ago, ShamusTheThird said:

I'm hoping someone can help me out... I tried Ivy's Discord but there's no one there so I figured I'd check here.  I'm using the follower mod (RAF) and have Heather and Darlene in my game.  Heather is of course no problem but as soon as I recruit Darlene, it automatically dismisses Ivy.  I've got RAF right at the bottom of my load order and it's a clean install of FO4 so there shouldn't be any remnants of old mods.  Just want to make sure I'm not missing a step.

Recruit followers (and dismiss them) through the provided holotape. If you don't have it, build it at a chem station.

Also, our Discord is always 'manned' I didn't see your question pop up there. :P

Edited by Reginald_001
54 minutes ago, Reginald_001 said:

Recruit followers (and dismiss them) through the provided holotape. If you don't have it, build it at a chem station.

Also, our Discord is always 'manned' I didn't see your question pop up there. :P

Ahhh... didn't know about the holotape!  And I think it must be something on my end for Discord.  Where I would have typed the question, it just kept saying 'the module has failed to load' or something.  I'll give this a shot.  Thanks for the quick response!

edit: worked beautifully!

re-edit: I spoke too soon.  I did the dialogue with Darlene but turned down her offer to travel with me... then recruited her with the holotape and everything seemed fine until I spoke to her again, and she asked if I wanted to travel together.  If I refuse, she just keeps offering that same dialogue and if I accept, I dismiss Ivy.  I know it says in the 'How to Use' section not to use it on custom followers so... maybe it's just not compatible with Darlene?

Edited by ShamusTheThird
Further testing changed my result
22 hours ago, ShamusTheThird said:

Ahhh... didn't know about the holotape!  And I think it must be something on my end for Discord.  Where I would have typed the question, it just kept saying 'the module has failed to load' or something.  I'll give this a shot.  Thanks for the quick response!

edit: worked beautifully!

re-edit: I spoke too soon.  I did the dialogue with Darlene but turned down her offer to travel with me... then recruited her with the holotape and everything seemed fine until I spoke to her again, and she asked if I wanted to travel together.  If I refuse, she just keeps offering that same dialogue and if I accept, I dismiss Ivy.  I know it says in the 'How to Use' section not to use it on custom followers so... maybe it's just not compatible with Darlene?

Most likely not compatible on Darlene. But you can try the alternative recruitment method. But Darlene has quite a few scripts that manage her custom affinity and likely she'd need some patching for RAMFM.

On 8/6/2021 at 8:34 AM, mav said:

It does seem like Nexus screwed the pooch on the rollout. There really needed to be an opt out. At the very least because some mods still in production will not react will to being updated mid game. Or just because authors don't want the headache of error shooting crappy mod packages. -- As an end user however, I really do look forward to being able to one click install things right. Currently working 9.5 hour shifts 5 days a week and really don't want to spend several hours tinkering with my load order... but thats more of a me problem :P

Oh, they screwed more than the pooch.

Though, surprisingly, Too many people, in my opinion, are just accepting Nexus' decision, and challenging mod authors who don't accept it.

Meh, W/E

12 hours ago, Reginald_001 said:

Most likely not compatible on Darlene. But you can try the alternative recruitment method. But Darlene has quite a few scripts that manage her custom affinity and likely she'd need some patching for RAMFM.

Unfortunately well beyond my capability but thanks for replying!